The Dragon and the Princess: Chap 2

The Dragon and the Princess
Two weeks after, Lucy went back to the hedge maze and inside the circle where she met Natsu. She thought she could meet him again—after making the promise. He didn't show up. Lucy was disappointed. Her mother, Layla, saw Lucy going out from the hedge maze. The queen called the young princess. "Tell me, what were you doing in the maze, sweetie?", Layla said. "I thought I could see 'him' again" "Him?" Lucy thought of not telling her mother about Natsu. She assumed of how Layla would react if her daughter was being friends with a dragon. Definitely, she would get scared. "Uhm...my friend", Lucy lied. "Your friend? You mean Loke?" "Ah, y-yeah Loke" "I see. So you want to see him, right?" It wasn't what Lucy wanted, she didn't have a choice, so she nodded. Layla gave Lucy a pat thinking that her daughter already missed the young prince. At the same time, it wasn't the young prince that she was mentioning about. It would be suspicious of why Lucy would go back to the maze when Loke didn't find her at that time. Layla remembered on that night, two weeks ago, when she wandered around the room looking for her daughter. While Jude, the King, was entertaining the guests in the party, noticed Layla was getting worried. He didn't know what was going on. "Excuse me, may I step out for a moment?", he said. He got out of the crowd, and approached his wife. "Layla, is there something wrong? You look worried" "Jude, dear, have you seen Lucy? I haven't seen her for awhile" "No, I haven't. Isn't she with Prince Loke?" Layla was getting anxious. She knew that Lucy and Loke were playing around after they decided to be friends with each other. But it had been awhile, and Layla was worried. "Dear, I'm worried about the two of them", she said. "Okay, calm down, let's not make any drama while the party is going on. We'll search for them together, okay" They got out of the party hall, where the party was held, to search for their daughter and the young prince. They went every room in the castle, to look for them, but there was none. Layla looked out of the window, in case they were outside. There, she saw a young boy wandering outside—entering the back entrance of the hedge maze. She assumed it could be the young Prince Loke. Entering down the main great hall, with Roman style double prehung door on each side—a checkered tiles—huge flat style double prehung door as the main entrance, they found the young prince. "Prince Loke?", Jude called. "Your Highness" "Have you seen our Lucy?" "N-no I haven't seen her." The way Loke expressed his feelings, he was also worried. They had been playing hide and seek. Loke was the 'it'. He realized that Lucy has been hiding for a long time. He didn't know where she could be hiding. "I'm so-sorry, your highnesses. It's all my fault. I would have stop the game if I—" "Please don't apologize" The king gave a pat on Loke's head, telling the young prince not to apologize. He could tell that he was trying his best to find Lucy. But he had hope that nothing bad was going to happen to his little girl. "Anyways, let's go find Lucy. Together", he said. "I have looked around inside the castle, Lucy is not around" Loke explained. "Where do you think she could have been?" Thinking of where she was hiding, Layla thought of something on her mind. The boy in the maze. She asked if Loke went to the maze. "I haven't entered to the maze, your majesty", he explained. "You don't think she would be there, right?" Layla said. Jude thought of calling the guards. Not to make the guests worried, he called in his butler, and asked for two guards to guard the party hall. On the end, they started moving. The butler and the two guards went upstairs to the party hall, while the Jude, Layla, Loke, and three guards, went to the maze to looked for Lucy. They walked at the back door of the castle, where the garden was headed. They got outside—the air was a bit cold at night. Layla was getting more worried. She prayed that her daughter was going to be okay. On her mind, she was thinking of the boy that she saw. She thought of who could it be. Possible, if she was right, that Lucy could be in the maze. Being stuck in the hedge maze would be scary, especially at night. She assumed that Lucy would be crying. Jude, on the other hand, held Layla's hand. He knew how worried his wife was, but he gave her a sign look that everything was going to be okay. They entered the hedge maze. They splitted up—one guard was going to the right pathway with the royalties, while the other guard was going to the left pathway. The king thought there was chance that Lucy was in the small open house; he knew the pathways. When Jude suddenly pointed out the final pathway, Layla went straight ahead of them. There Lucy was, behind the small open house, standing, and staring at the exit of the hedge maze. Layla called her. "Lucy?" A young princess, wearing a pink dress, turned around, saw her parents. Layla ran to her, and hugged her. She was relieved that her precious was alright. Nothing happened to her. "Momma, Pappa...I'm sorry", Lucy apologized. "That's alright! At least we found you Lucy" After they found Lucy, they went back inside the castle. Layla had forgotten what happened, after finding her daughter. She was happy. Two days after, while Layla was walking on the hallway, the queen found her princess going back to the hedge maze alone. She went down, going back to the garden, and called Lucy. After calling her name twice, Lucy went out of the maze. Lucy was surprised. "What is it momma?", Lucy said. On her mind, she remembered something. Though she wanted to forget everything what happened on her birthday, she was starting to get curious; especially when Lucy was alone inside the maze. Layla didn't want to question her daughter. So she let it slide. But everyday, Layla noticed that Lucy kept going to the hedge maze—day and noon. She wasn't worried—just curious. She figured, not only Lucy was in the hedge maze alone, she was with someone else. "Could it be the boy, that went to the maze, was with Lucy on that time?", she questioned herself. Layla thought she could be right, but she didn't want to point it out on her daughter. She wanted to hear the truth from her. The moment Layla asked Lucy the question, her daughter mentioned "friend". There was a flick on her mind. She knew if she asked Lucy another question, she won't tell the truth. So she played dumb with her—thinking Loke was her only friend. It didn't matter to her anymore, about everything, about who could that boy be that Lucy was looking for. But at least, for her, he didn't hurt Lucy nor make her cry. On the afternoon, Layla went to her husband's office. There he was, on his study table, doing the documents. After the last page, he placed his pen down on the table, and stretched his arms. He suddenly saw his wife. "Oh Layla, I did not know you were coming", Jude said. "Well, you were doing on your papers. And you were so serious" "I'm a busy king, my beautiful queen" Layla giggled. When Jude stood from his seat, his wife told him not to. Layla touched her husband's shoulder, and gave him a massage. Asking him how it felt, he was laughing. Teasing his wife that she was good in giving a massage. "My great masseuse", he laughed. "I wouldn't be your queen if I was your masseuse" "What are you talking about? You will always be my queen in my eyes. It doesn't matter if you were a commoner or a maid, I see a beautiful woman standing beside me." When Layla heard the most beautiful words from her husband, she was happy. She giggled; hugged her man on his neck, and gave a kiss on his cheek. Jude turned his chair—facing to his wife—touched her waist with his left hand, up and down, kissed and touched her left arm with his other hand. He began to embraced her. Layla placed her forehead on his—telling him how much she loved her husband. Jude replied back, "Me too, I love you. So much." His lips touched his wife's red lips. And began to giggled at each other. "Okay, you have work to do", Layla said. "Its your fault for making me stop" "Telling me that—you should thank me for giving you a massage" Jude couldn't say anything anymore. He thanked Layla for taking care of him. He got his pen from his table, started going back to his work. While Layla went to one of his shelves, getting a book; reading The Adventures of Dancing Dragons. "Oh, by the way", Jude said, "I wonder what Lucy was doing—going back and forth in the hedge maze." Layla figured that Jude would found out. But she didn't tell him the truth. She knew that Jude doesn't know about the boy that she saw. It may be guilty to lie to her king, but it would be best not to let him know. Everything was cool, enjoying their moment together. The night came, stars twinkling in the sky, Lucy went back to her room. She jumped on her bed, lying down, facing the ceiling. She couldn't stop thinking about Natsu. She thought he would kept his promise. It had been two weeks. Then, she heard a knock on her door. Her personal maid came to see the young princess. "Princess Lucy? Dinner's ready", she said. "I'm not hungry", she grunted. "But princess..." Lucy didn't say anything. The maid had no choice but to leave her alone. Before the door was closed, Lucy told the maid to turned off the light. The maid switched the lights off, and directly closed the door. Her room was dark. From outside of her window, the sky was clear; the moon brightened. Its light entered Lucy's room. It was so bright—Lucy couldn't stop looking at it. But then, it made her sleepy. On her mind, she couldn't stop thinking about Natsu. She only met him once, but she felt she wanted to see him. So she made a wish. A shadow was formed on the floor of Lucy's room. A young boy, Natsu, sneaked inside from her window. He approached the sleeping Lucy. He stared at her for a moment, sat down on her bed, poking her squishy cheek. Lucy mumbled. Natsu sneered at her sleeping face. When Lucy made a sound, Natsu knew she would be awake. He stood up and made a move. The moment Lucy opened her eyes, she saw Natsu—about to fly out of the room. Lucy stopped him. "Again?", Natsu thought. He turned around and said hello to her, with a bit of laugh. "Geez, what took you so long?", Lucy pouted. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." "I won't forgive you for making me wait that long. You didn't keep our promise" "It's been two weeks. It's not that long" Lucy didn't listen to him. She kept pouting and crossed her arms together. Natsu knew that she would be angry, so he thought of something. "Lucy?" "Hmm?" "Do you want to fly around with me?" Lucy was stunned.