MAMA

MAMA

Centuries ago, before the age of humans and the age of dinosaurs, there was the era of the 12 legends. The 12 legends era begun with the Tree of Life that stood pure with healthy and strong roots. All up until one day when the Tree of Life was overtaken by evil and greed. The tree split into two and the 12 legends were created. The twelve forces divided into 2 groups; Exo-K and Exo-M. The boys in Exo-K are named Kai, Suho, D.O, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Baekhyun. In Exo-M there is Tao, Kris, Lay, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin. They ventured onto a planet called Exo Planet which was a part of two different dimensions. Each group was trapped in a limbo-like state in each dimension. Two suns that look identical and into two worlds that seem alike, they stayed. They saw the same sky yet stood on different grounds and stood on the same ground but saw a different sky. This, is the story of how they reunite to see the same sky and stand on the same ground as one.

 

Exo-K

 

Two men wearing charcoal hooded cloaks walked into a small empty silver coloured room. They pulled down their hoods to reveal their young perfect faces that belonged to Kai and Suho. Suho was the leader of the Exo-K. He had dark brown hair that was neat and in place. His face was milky white and eyes a deep brown. Kai on the other hand had black hair, slightly messy, his skin was tanned and his eyes were so dark they looked almost black.

“What is it Suho? Why did you ask me here?” Kai asked with a curious expression.

“It’s time. You need to tell the others to contact Exo-M. Once that is done we need to gather under the full moon. We need to reunite with Exo-M before the total eclipse ends” Suho told him calmly.

“And what happens if we can’t come together in time?”

“If we can’t...then everything will disappear. Earth, Exo Planet, us...the chance for life on earth and everything we have done to build towards this goal will have been for nothing. This is our only chance, we can’t blow it. Do you understand?” Suho looked calm yet the vibe around him felt heavy.

“Yes, i understand” And with that Kai vanished into thin air. Suho walked out of the room and set out to start finding the others.

                                                                                                -------------------------------------

D.O was looking up at the bright full moon with his hazel brown eyes. D.O was quite short. He paused when he heard a noise and a smile grew on his heart shaped lips.

“Trying to sneak up on me won’t work” he said and turned around to see Kai staring at him with a serious look on his face. 

“Is it time?”

“Yes, Suho gave us orders to contact Exo-M”

“We already tried to contact them. It didn’t work...” D.O trailed off.

“But it will tonight as it is the night of the total eclipse. We only have-”

“One chance. I know. I’ll do what i can” D.O cut him off. Kai gave him a last smile before he teleported again. 

D.O sighed before looking up at the moon one last time. He closed his eyes and brought all his strength together and slammed his right leg down hard into the ground. The ground beneath hi cracked and shook vigorously before it calmed down minutes later. Above him Lightening and thunder shot through the sky. Once the sky had settled down, he smiled triumphantly. Now all he had to do was wait for the others to come.

                                                                                                                                 ----------------------------

The moon shone brightly on the desert dirt. A boy with hair as many colours as the rainbow was sitting on a chair. His long white coat blowing slightly due to the work of his miniature hurricanes mad for his own amusement. Despite the fact that he was in the desert and surrounded by dirt, his clothes were spotless and clean. He stopped and let the soil fall back to the ground once he noticed a shadow appear over him. His innocent green eyes looked up at Kai.

“Come to play a little game of wind vs teleportation?” the boy asked in a playful tone.

“Maybe later Sehun, but right now you need to use your gift for something more serious” 

“Is it-?”

“Yes Sehun, it is” Kai nodded.

“Well it is perfect weather for a desert cyclone. It would be a shame to waste an opportunity like this” Sehun smiled.

“I’ll leave it up to you then?” Kai smiled at him. In response, Sehun sported a playful wink.

Kai couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head at Sehuns childish behaviour before vanishing.

A butterfly flew over to him as he gently lifted up his hand. With his other hand he did a single whirl motion with his finger. Behind him a light wind started to pick up. Dirt started to swirl in circles and slowly the size increased. Sehuns hair and coat were now flapping in the wind. 

“You know what to do” he said to the butterfly and its wings started flapping and it lifted itself up from Sehuns hand. The cyclone had grown to be as big as Sehun could manage and moved itself forward towards him. The butterfly was in. The dirt that was once swirling dropped back and the wind stopped. After a few short seconds the cyclone picked up again and the butterfly flew out unharmed and landed back on Sehuns hand. He stood up, snapped his fingers and the twirling dirt dropped onto the ground once again.

“That was fun” he smiled and walked off.

                                                                                                                      ------------------------------

Chanyeol was walking along a path on his way to the house. With every step that he took he left a trail of fire that would, after a couple of seconds extinguish itself. Kai appeared next to him, once Chanyeol noticed, he stopped. 

“Missed me, did ya? Look, If Suho is sending you here to tell me to hurry up, tell him to-” Chanyeol started.

“It’s not that. Suho does have a message for you though” Kai told him, cutting him off.

“Oh yeah, and what’s that?”

“He said “It’s time”.” 

“You mean...‘Now’?” Chanyeol asked surprised. Kai nodded in response to Chanyeols question.

“Ok, I understand” Replied Chanyeol and with that Kai vanished.

As Chanyeol was gathering as much energy as he had, the Phoenix tattoo on his wrist lit up. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a phoenix feather. Fire appeared on his hand and he placed the feather in it. As it burned, a large fire phoenix appeared behind him and as his arms opened up so did the phoenix’s wings. The phoenix let out a cry. Once the feather had fully disappeared, the phoenix did too. The fire that was once in his hand was now gone. He started walking to their meeting place but stopped after a couple of minutes as he noticed his tattoo light up. He opened up his hand and fire appeared once more. He heard a loud roar of a dragon. When the fire died out, all that was left was the feather that was in one piece. He smiled to himself and placed the feather back in his pocket before he continued walking.

                                                                                                                           ------------------------

Kai reappeared in a hallway in the house. It was white with a large wall mirror on either side of the two walls and a small chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Suho and Baekhyun were standing opposite each other. While Suho was standing up straight and practical, Baekhyun was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Baekhyun had big yellow puppy-dog eyes.  

Suho gave Kai a nod before Kai teleported. Baekhyun turned to Suho.

“You know what you have to do” Suho said as Baekhyun pushed himself off the wall. Baekhyun raised his hand as light appeared from it. The corners of his lips turned up into a somewhat mischievous smile. He raised his other light filled hand and in one quick movement the light came together and erupted from his hands into the mirror. A handsome, friendly face was shown. They both gave a nod to each other before Baekhyun let the light from his hands come to a halt.

While Baekhyun was erupting light, Suho was growing a ball of water between his hands. Once he decided it was big enough he threw it at mirror. He got his hand and used one swipe to wipe some of the water away. Once he did this the reflection in the mirror was not his own but one that belonged to another man who was so pale, he could pass as a ghost. They stared at each other for a moment before the man in the mirror started fading and frost grew in his place. Suho turned around to Baekhyun who had played his part in contacting a member of Exo-M.

They both started walking the way to the exit of the house. Baekhyun looked around one last time.

“I’m sure gonna miss this place” Baekhyun said.

“When the time is right, we will come back” Suho gave him a reassuring smile.

                                                                                                                   ---------------------------------------

It was now Kai’s turn to contact Exo-M. As soon as he teleported away from Suho and Baekhyun he closed his eyes and tried as hard as could to teleport to the other dimension on the planet to which Exo-M stayed. He knew he could only be there for a minute or so. He felt himself teleport again and when he opened his eyes he found himself in a large room filled with floating glass balls. There was a baby-faced man in the middle of it all. The balls were gently laid to the ground. Kai walked over to the man who was looking at him.

“Is it time?” the man asked. His voice sounded like one of a young boy. 

“Yes” Kai said. They both smiled before Kai aparated back to Exo-k’s dimension. Everyone was waiting under the moon like they had all planned.

“It’s done” Kai told Suho.

“You’ve worked hard. Thank you” Suho sincerely thanked him.

“What now?” Chanyeol asked.

“Now, we wait” Suho told them.

                                              

Exo-M

 

“Today’s the day, boys. Once Exo-K contacts us we have to let them know that their message got to us. We meet up today, after we have received contact. This is the most important day of all our time, so make it count” Kris, Exo-Ms leader, said firmly.

“Yes, Leader” they all replied back as one.

                                                                                                                      -----------------------------------

Chen was sitting on a log by the ocean watching the small waves crash upon the sand. His grey eyes glinted in the sunlight. The water started to ripple and the ground beneath his feet shook. A smile appeared on his face once it settled down and the waves went back to crashing. He knew that it was the sign he was waiting for. He stood up and a firm fist towards the sky and let lightening and thunder set off around him. After a few strikes he eased them to a stop. Doing as he was told he turned around and walked off the beach and set off to the agreed meeting place.

                                                                                                                           ---------------------------

Tao had was in a wide room with a single light spotlighting the center. In his hand he held a sharp samurai sword. He picked up a huge handful of petals from the ground and threw them up in the air. As soon as they slowly started to flutter down around him, he used his mind to freeze time around him. All the petals stopped falling and sat still in mid air. He looked around and smiled to himself. He ran around the room thrashing  his sword impressively and slicing the petals precisely in half with quick movements. Everyone knew his specialty was martial arts. He finished off with a skilled backflip and landed stably on his feet. He let time run once again and the sliced petals fell down around him. He felt a short light breeze brush past him as he notice a butterfly appear and land gracefully on his hand.

“You’re it, huh?” he spoke to it. It fluttered it wings and flew up, another light wind brushed his skin again and the butterfly was gone. He gave a quick flick of the wrist and rewinded time back to when the petals were full pieces and paused time before he walked out of the room and let time play again.

                                                                                                                       ------------------------------------

Kris, Exo-Ms tall, handsome leader, was standing on the edge of the roof of their house. His wavy blonde hair shined under the sun and his fire-red eyes gave off a heavy gaze. He looked down to realize that he was about four stories high. He had a tattoo like Chanyeol except instead of a phoenix he had a dragon. The tattoo lit up as fire came from his hand with a phoenix feather inside. He heard the cry of a phoenix. He returned the fire and feather to Chanyeol. He fell backwards off the roof and let himself fall for a second or two before shooting up high into the sky and stopping once he thought he was high enough. He looked down at the house below which was now a tiny dot from where he was looking. He ed his arms open as a loud roar came from a gigantic dragon behind him and breathed out fire. Once the roar faded so did the dragon and he landed himself back on the roof. He turned around and walked away from the edge of the roof with a smirk playing on his lips.

                                                                                                                             ----------------------------

The innocent baby-faced Luhan was standing in the middle of a large room. Glass balls were lying on the ground around him. Using his telepathy power, they rose up from the ground. Each ball had a image of a different member inside them. He wasn’t surprised at all when Kai aparated into the room and walked over to him. He laid the balls gently back down on the ground. 

“Is it time?” Luhan asked.

“Yes” Kai said. Luhan gave him a small smile and Kai sent him back one before he aparated away. Luhan used his telepathy to pick up a ball in the corner. He stopped it in front of his face. He saw six young, good-looking men stand next each other in the ball with the full moon behind them. After a while of staring at, it he placed it back down with the others and walked out of the room.

                                                                                                                            ---------------------------

Xiumin and Lay were relaxing in a grey coloured room with a vintage styled table in the middle, and huge mirrors stuck to the ceilings and a beautiful painting of a unicorn hanging on the wall. Xiumin was sitting down on a polished black chair. His skin was pale and white. Lay was standing next to the table. He noticed a dead, black lily in a glass vase on the table and placed his hand above it. The flower grew a healthy colour and was healed back to life. He looked over at the painting of the unicorn and smiled. A loud roar of a dragon was heard. They both looked to each other and knew that it was Kris.

“I guess he received the message” Xiumin said.

“Yeah, i guess he did”

The small hand mirror on the table started showing light coming from it. Lay picked it up and moved his hand over his eyes as the light was so bright. As he saw a puppy-eyed man in the mirror staring back at him. He removed his hand and nodded to the man understanding why he was contacting him and the man nodded back before disappearing.

Xiumin noticed the light coming from the hand mirror too but as he was about to get up to look, he saw a drop of water land on the floor in front of him. He put out his hand and let another drop of water land on it. He looked up and noticed Suho in the mirror staring at him to which he stared back. He let the water that was on the mirror turn into frost and watched as Suho was faded from his vision. As the mirror froze so did everything else in the room, apart from himself and Lay.

“Let’s go and meet up with the others” Lay said. Xiumin got up and followed him out of the room.

                                                                                                                        --------------------------

Exo-M all stood in a half circle getting ready as the sun was starting to become one with the moon. Exo-K were also in position.

“Ready?!” Suho called out. The others nodded their heads.

“Ready?!” Kris asked.

“Ready!” they all said in unison. All at once on both grounds they put every ounce of energy they had into releasing there powers and bringing them together. Every minute they spent on this planet was all leading up to this one moment. With each and every second they grew weaker but were trying as hard as they could not to loose focus. All 12 members closed their eyes. Light hot wind swept across their skin. They all opened their eyes and what they all witnessed was a miracle. All 12 of them were on the same ground and were underneath the same sky. They fell to the ground in exhaustion and tried to catch their breathe as they knew it was not over yet. The sun and the moon were almost one.

They all helped each other up. 

“QUICK! GET IN FORMATION!” Suho yelled. They all rushed and stood in the form of a circle.

“You ready?” Kris said as he stood next to Suho.

“As ready as i’ll ever be” Suho replied.

“I’m scared” Sehun’s voice broke slightly. 

“You don’t have to be. The hard part is over” Luhan grabbed onto his hand.

“We’re all together now. It’s all over” Chanyeol said ready to embrace whatever awaited them.

“Over? This is just the beginning” Baekhyun said positively.

“As long as we’re all together-”

“Everything will be fine” Lay finished his sentence, showing a soft smile.

“I would just like to say, it has been a great pleasure to be here with all of you” D.O said.

“FIGHTING!” Tao yelled, supportively.

“WE ARE ONE!” Kai yelled. They all held each others hands and looked up and watched as the last of the moon was taken over by the sun. The ground beneath them shook uncontrollably, yet they still stood firm. A bright light consumed them. When the bright light faded the 12 men that were once standing together were gone. 

At that moment a bright light shone on Earth and when the light faded, standing strong and healthy was the Tree of Life as pure as the souls of the 12 boys it consumed. Now a new world will open up but most importantly:

      

                                                                                                            Exo was now one.

                                                                                                                                                             

A/N:

This story was actually written for my english assignment and thanks to EXO i got an A! 

I hope you all enjoy it ^^

MAMA