|| fourteen

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I was wondering..”, Youngjae started, catching your attention while you the last drops of milk out of the bottle, making noisy sounds with it.

“Wondering what?”, you asked as he only stared and didn’t continue. He just realized how relaxed he actually was around you, after not talking to you for two days straight. Though, the two of you had these nights not for that long but he can already tell that you’re going to chew on the straw and a familiar content feeling raked through his body. And even though the noise should annoy him, he could only watch you in awe, at how comfortable you were with him.

“Can you sing?”

You halted, blinking your lids and just as he had predicted, you started to gnaw on the plastic stalk, muttering a “no” in process.

“Somehow I can’t believe that”

“But it’s the truth”

“Try me”

You shot him an incredulous look, “no!”, but he only gave you a “why not?” with an uncomprehend gaze back.

“Duh, what if I told you to draw something for me? You wouldn’t want to do it as well”

Before he could avoid it, his face as well as his ears became red. Actually, he wasn’t confident in his drawing at all and if he could, he would like to avoid it as much as he can. He would cringe every time he has to draw on camera. However, he still wanted to hear you sing so he cleared his throat.

“Then let’s play a game for it”

A frown built upon your forehead to his stubbornness, “why should I?”

“Don’t you want a personal drawing from me?”, he asked and it would be a blunt lie if you would answer with a no. Even if his drawing skills were not nearly close to yours, you still thought that (almost) every of pencil was precious.

But you still didn’t want to give in, because frankly, you could be stubborn as well so you denied again.

As if sensing your true nature, he probed further, “are you sure?”

“Yes”

“Really?”

“Really!”

“You’re just afraid to lose, right?”

“No!”

“So you’re up for it?”

“Nice try”

“Ah, come on!”, you raised a brow by his whining, truthfully finding it cute. Yet, you didn’t want to let your pride to fall down so you put your nose a bit up high. 

“What would be your game anyway? Rock-paper-scissors?”

“Nope”, was his answer and that surprised you but you didn’t show it, instead you narrowed your eyes at him.

“If you’re going to say Rock–Paper–Scissors–Lizard–Spock then I’m going back to the dorm”, you deadpanned, ready to leave.

To your ultimate shock, he busted out laughing and your heart automatically started to tut harder against your ribs of how carefree he sounded and looked. And you couldn’t help yourself in softening up to that, because this laugh of his wasn’t fake and you would never get tired to see this side of his.

“I think you’re going to love the game”, he then stated after calming down, giving you a cheeky look and you could only roll your eyes to that, secretly hoping that you won’t regret your decision.

“Fine”

 

Five minutes later you gulped hard, clearly regretting to have given in. The styrofoam bowl of Ramyeon was huge. You weren’t sure if you could even eat half of that amount in one go. Maybe he meant it well because one night, you told him that you’ve never eaten instant noodles from convenient stores in Korea before. Like those kinds from the dramas you’ve been watching. And you couldn’t quite believe that they could be this gigantic as they looked on display. How wrong you were.

“Okay, ready? Whoever finish this first, wins”, he declared as he handed you some bamboo chopsticks which he has parted for you. You gave him a tooth smile though everyone could see how full of doubt it contained.

And well, your chances weren’t high to begin with and the expected result became reality. He was a fast eater and you haven’t eaten anything similar like that for a long time. So he won and you shoved your unfinished food to him so it won’t get wasted. He slurped the noodles deliciously while listening whole-heartily to your poor singing. He discovered that you didn't lie for being modest but being honest. Yet, the wrong notes you pitched out were still endearing to him. A satisfied smile graced his plump lips which made it a bit more enduring for you as you embarrassed yourself, a deep blush adoring your cheeks by the fondness in his eyes.

 

 

..ღ..

 


Urgh, why were they so tall? Their coats were far longer than you yourself! You guys were on another photoshoot set and you were currently helping the coordinate Noonas’ out. That was something normal for you now, helping out wherever you were needed. And somehow you earned yourself a spot to fix some of the outfit during the last minutes before the shoots started because you had a knack to transform the ideas of the coordinators’ and photographers’ just right. It happened through pure coincidence but no one seemed to mind much for a no one like you to be put in a high position (kind of). It’s not like you were going to do that for the rest of your life. 

"You're just a midget"

And you gaped at Daehyun for that (incredible mean) comment.

“Am not!”

He patted your head, unmoved of your protest and you fumed to yourself as he (on top of doing that to you) muttered a “sure sure”, absently.

Swatting his hand away, you turned around, seeing the guys quickly gathering their composure, hiding the amused grins from their faces, only to stare blankly at you (expect of Youngjae).

“What?”, you barked, daring any of them with your fierce gaze.

“He’s not that wrong though”, Zelo eventually got the guts and commented, fixing his collar coolly with the help of a mirror. He would be dead by your glare by now if it would work. And it was so strong that he actually felt it and ducked his head but still continued on, “you’re kind of short, Hyung”

Two seconds later, your face blanked, your eyes suddenly emotionless with a risen brow which alarmed them, their bodies stock still. But then you sighed and shrugged, smiling at them strangely too brightly.

“Breakfast for me only starting tomorrow”, you nodded as you trotted away.

“What—“, Zelo sputtered but got yelled at from at le

Please log in to read the full chapter