Melt

Melt

He shouldn't have to keep running, but his heritage prevents him staying for long. His next melt is coming. He'll change, become someone new. His memories will fade with the creature, which comes as his DNA rearranges again.
"Do you really have to leave?" A small voice asks. He turns, and looks at bright-eyed male.
"I do, Sanghyuk. I'm sorry," he whispers, attempting not to cry.
"And you think you can go without saying goodbye?" Sanghyuk asks, crying himself.
"I hoped," he whispers, stepping forward. Sanghyuk's eyes shine with his tears, as more fall down.
"Hakyeon, don't leave us. Don't leave VIXX," Sanghyuk begs, as Hakyeon takes him in his arms.
"I have to. It'll all make sense to you soon," Hakyeon whispers, pulling back. He cups Sanghyuk's cheek, and smiles weakly.
"Please," Sanghyuk croaks, and Hakyeon exhales. He pushes hair back from his forehead.
"I've always loved your eyes," Hakyeon confesses. "They haven't changed over the years."
"What?" Sanghyuk asks, gasping out after.
"Be strong for me, alright? And neck chop Wonshik and Jaehwan for me," Hakyeon asks, looking back into his eyes.
"I will," Sanghyuk agrees, and Hakyeon pecks his forehead.
"Thank you," Hakyeon whispers, before slipping out of the dorm.
He keeps his pace constant, as he he walks away from the building. He keeps his head down, and allows the first tear to fall. More flow after that, and he takes off running. Streets pass by him, as he legs threaten to give out. He slumps by a wall, and breaks down in tears completely.
"Did you say goodbye?" A deep voice asks, moving down beside him.
"I couldn't. Sanghyuk caught me. Bless his heart," Hakyeon explains, looking at the familiar stranger. The man offers a sad smile, dimples popping out from his cheeks.
"You'll get through it," he encourages. Hakyeon scoffs, and turns to the man.
"By forgetting everyone. Including you Hongbin. I-I don't want to forget," Hakyeon whispers, pulling his legs up.
"I'll make you remember again," Hongbin supports, fixing his pure white outfit.
"That only took forever," Hakyeon combats, rolling his eyes.
"And I'll do it again. This may have started a protection detail for the humans, but I do care about you in every form you've been in," Hongbin speaks, standing himself up. He pulls Hakyeon up, and starts leading him away.
"When will I get to see your full form?" Hakyeon asks, looking over at him.
"Hopefully never," Hongbin comments, laughing after. Hakyeon smiles, and they walk into a small building. Chain hang on the wall, and blood lays dry on the floor.
"One day for my time as Cha Hakyeon to be over," Hakyeon whispers, walking over to the chains. "It was a good five years."
"I wish the angels knew how to stop it," Hongbin replies, grabbing one of them. He grabs Hakyeon's wrist, and snaps him in.
"I do, too. I like this life," he agrees, as his other hand is snapped and sealed.
"You'll have another like it," Hongbin promises, smiling up at him.
"I hope so," Hakyeon speaks, as sunlight filters into the building.
"I guess it's time," Hongbin speaks, grabbing one of Hakyeon's hands.
"I guess it is. Hongbin."
"Hmm?"
"Tell them again that I'm sorry. Encourage Sanghyuk, he'll need it. And remember, that no matter what the antis say, you're more than a pretty face," Hakyeon whispers, as a tear falls down his face.
"Supportive up until the end," Hongbin starts, as the light reaches Hakyeon's feet. He shifts them. "I'll miss you, Hakyeon. You are my favorite life so far."
The light moves over his chest. Hakyeon smiles, and dips his head down. "I'll miss you, too."
The light moves completely over Hakyeon's body. That's when he starts screaming. Hongbin steps back, and watches the melting occur to Hakyeon.
Hakyeon grows, tearing the clothing. His skin pales to a sickly grey. His hands grow long, fingers extending into footlong claws. His hair grows, becoming wild. His torso shrinks, loosing all defining features. His legs grow muscular, nail extending over the toes. He looks up, revealing the eyes melting to black. They slide down his cheeks, leaving streaks and empty shells. His teeth extend, sharpening as they go. They lay over his lips, as he snaps out.
Hongbin frowns, and dips his head. "Goodbye, Hakyeon."

 

It snaps at Hongbin, as he brings over a slab of meat. It growls, and Hongbin throws it. It grabs it with his mouth, and starts tearing at it. Blood flies everywhere, and Hongbin steps back. It consumes it, and growls at Hongbin again.
"No more you, rewanga. You'll be fine until day breaks," Hongbin denies. It growls, and attempts to lunge at him. Hongbin clicks his tongue, and turns away.
"One more hour, and you'll form again," he whispers. It growls louder. Cracks are heard from the walls, and Hongbin turns back to it. It lunges forward, breaking its chains from the walls. The metal drags on the hard ground, as it walks toward him.
"," Hongbin curses, staring at it. It charges past Hongbin, deciding to not waste its time. He stills, as it runs out of the door. Hongbin blinks, and chases after it. He watches it run down the streets, and he races after it. He runs through the streets, gaining ground.
It turns onto a familiar path, and Hongbin frowns. "Not the dorm." It breaks into the building, leaving broken glass, wood, and metal. Hongbin scowls, and runs inside. He follows the mess, and runs up the stairs. The door is cracked open, and Hongbin moves inside. The door to his own room is open, and Hongbin slips inside. It stands over the two sleeping, reaching its claws down.
"No!" Hongbin flicks his wrist. A sword appears, engulfed in flame. The two on the floor groan, as they awaken. It hisses, and runs out of the room. Hongbin chases after it, and backs it into a corner.
"What the ?"
Hongbin looks back, and finds his friend staring at him.
"Go back to bed, Wonshik," Hongbin demands, as the rewanga runs at Wonshik. Hongbin swings his sword out, pushing the flat end into it.
"What the hell is that?" Wonshik asks, moving closer. It lunges at him, and he screams.
"It's a long story," Hongbin speaks, pulling it back.
"What is interrupting my sleep?!"
"Nothing, Taekwoon," Hongbin lies, as he and Jaehwan, walk out.
"What the hell?" Jaehwan asks.
"That's what I'm saying," Wonshik yells, as Hongbin turns to them.
"Get out," Hongbin demands, as a sleepy Sanghyuk walks out.
"What?" Sanghyuk whispers, looking between Hongbin and the rewanga.
"You know what? Everyone close and cover your eyes," Hongbin demands, staring at them. They do so, and Hongbin exhales. "You'll get to see my full form Hakyeon." Hongbin's voice barely reaches it's ears. Hongbin exhales, and pulls back for a moment. He pulls off his shirt, and allows his own form to change.
Wings grow from his back, huge white masses of feathers. Golden runes are shown on his chest and arms. His body glows gold and white. His sword disappears. His eyes turn a steely grey. He smirks, and allows his black hair to fall over his eyes.
It hisses at him, and Hongbin smirks. "Don't even think about it." Hongbin charges at the creature, and punches its jaw. The crack echoes within the room. Hongbin steps closer, and punches its stomach. It falls to the ground, and Hongbin glances outside.
"Come on," Hongbin speaks, pulling the creature to the laundry room. He shoves it inside, and watches it. The sun creeps up, sending light over them both. Hongbin exhales, and returns to his mortal form. His sword reappears in his hand, and he flicks it away.
The rewanga screams, and Hongbin flinches away. It's hair resides, moving around its jaw. It's a deep, straight black. The skin lightens, returning to a light tan with rosy cheeks. It falls, as its features turn feminine. It's form returns to human. Thin curves appear on the small body.
Hongbin kneels, and grabs her hands. "Hey. Are you alright?" He whispers, moving her up.
"Yeah," she replies, looking up at him. He smiles, and stands her up.
"Guys, get some clothing," Hongbin demands, looking over at them.
"When did she—?"
"Clothing, now!" Hongbin snaps.
They run off, and Hongbin pulls her onto their couch. She pulls the shreds of the old clothing around her. Sanghyuk runs out, holding a set of clothing.
"They're from So Hot, but I don't think she'll mind," Sanghyuk whispers, holding them out.
"Thank you," Hongbin speaks, standing her up again and taking the clothing. He leads her to the bathroom, and brings her inside. "Why don't you get dressed? You can come back out when you're ready."
"Thank you," she whispers. Hongbin smiles, and slips out, shutting the door behind him. He finds the other four looking at him, and sighs deeply.
"What was that, and where did she come from?" Taekwoon asks, staring deeply at him.
"That thing was a rewanga. A melting demon. They are human most of their life until they melt. They reform as someone else the next day. New face, new body, new hopes, new dreams, new everything, but they don't remember," Hongbin explains, staring at the door.
"She is one. I have been with her for a few generations now. I am an angel, tasked with protecting the humans around her." Hongbin shifts, and looks over at their reaction.
"You expect us to believe that?" Wonshik asks, looking over at him.
"You saw it. I know you all did," Hongbin counters, staring back at them. He sighs after, and rubs his forehead. "This rewanga is also the reason Hakyeon left. Hakyeon is this rewanga."
Their eyes widen. Jaehwan's jaw drops down. "What?" Sanghyuk asks, stepping forward.
"He was about to melt. He didn't want to say goodbye yet. He loved all of us," Hongbin continues, as the bathroom door opens. She walks out, holding the old clothing.
"Thank you," she whispers, smiling shyly up at Hongbin.
"No problem. You should rest now," Hongbin speaks, pushing a hair of hers back. She looks down, and nods.
"Alright," she agrees, and Hongbin leads her to their spare bedroom. He moves her inside, smiling brightly.
"Good night," Hongbin whispers, well aware that is morning.
"Night," she speaks, closing the door behind her. Hongbin moves back, and sighs. He moves back to the group, and looks over them.
"She is staying. She is Hakyeon, even if Hakyeon is gone forever."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Well, this is Melt. Hit me up in the comments if you have an questions about it. It's not the most understandable au. (-<) <3 ^_^