The grand adieu

Amor Fati

Kai fiddled with the collar of his suit, he has always had a problem with collars. Collars were just not his thing. He glanced around, bored, at the hundreds of guests in the grand ballroom, he could hear people whispering how lucky the soon- to be couple was going to be. Standing on the end of the grand altar, he awaited for his beautiful fiancé to walk with her father, Mr. Old Lee. At that, Kai snickered, he had never liked him.

As usual, it was the same bull, arranged marriages between two large companies to enhance the connections and bla bla bla, Kai blew his bangs up in annoyance, forgetting that his hair was now combed neatly. He resisted the urge to mess it up into his usual style.

His trains of thoughts were now cut off when whispers subsided. Kai blinked and looked up to see his fiancé smiling at the end of the aisle, hand in hand with Mr. Old Lee. Kai snickered at the scene, would you look at that… Kai thought. He has never thought the day he got tied to a girl would come.  

Standing face to face, the priest started to read a part from the book.

“Do you, Jung Hana, take Kim Kai as your wedded husband? To comfort him, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

Her eyes gleamed brightly as she stared at Kai lovingly, and Kai smirked back.

“And do you, Kim Kai, take Jung Hana as your wife? To comfort her, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

Jung Hana’s smile widened as Kai in a breath, as everyone else did too, waiting for him to say the rightful words.

Kai let out a smirk,

“Sorry honey, you’re cute, but ain’t my type.” He added a wink.

Kai wanted to laugh out loud at the horrific expression her face and as well as the gaping audiences, it was priceless. He turned his back to face Mr. Old Lee,

“Sorry, old man,” he snorted, “but you have to do better than this to have me as your son- in- law.” He jumped off the altar lazily, and strode to the exit, only to be halted by securities.

“Not so fast, young man.” Kai’s dad snickered from behind. “You think I’d let you escape?”

“Ah, the other old man.” Kai mused.

“Guards!” Mr. Kim commanded all the guards to get Kai. Around twenty- five hastily surrounded the young man. As in cue, a hot red Ferrari blasted in through the grand entrance, roaring its engine when it halted to a stop inches right in front of Kai.

“That’s my ride.” Kai whistled, and the convertible cap opened, revealing a grey-ish haired man cladded in sunglasses. In one move, Kai swiftly hopped inside, sitting beside the driver.

Before the guards made their move, the driver spun the car around, escaping through the entrance, its engine roaring in the distance, leaving all the guests jaw-dropped, and Kai’s mother passed out.

 

 

 

 

“, Kai.” His friend he had known for his twenty- two years of existence, Chanyeol muttered, gripping his long fingers tightly on the steering wheel of his sports car. “You better pay for the scratches my baby got from all the action.”

“Shut up, Park.” Kai smirked lazily as he loosened up the buttons of his collar. “Keep your eyes on the road, better keep us alive.”

Ignoring the warning, Chanyeol made an illegal U-turn on the street when he spotted a bunch of guards running around upfront.

“Now what?” Chanyeol glanced at Kai, who was fiddling with his phone with an indifferent face. “Looks like we’re eloping.” Chanyeol sneered.

“Ew, ing hell.” Kai glanced at the window when a light bulb appeared on top of his head.

“You know you’re going to be all over the headlines by tomorrow, right?” Chanyeol felt a pinch of worry for his friend.

“Well, buddy, I’m a genius, right?” He showcased his toothy smile.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Kim, what do you have in mind?”

“Park, drive me to my parent’s exhibition hall.”

 

 

 

The two of them sneaked into the gallery, earning curious glances from passersby, mostly women. It was strange if they didn’t receive glances; after all, two handsome men in suit were passing by. Some were even staring longer, squinting hard in confusion whether those were the real Park Chanyeol, the second son of the Phoenix hotel and Kim Kai, the only son of the Kim Enterprise breathing in front of them. Both companies were famous not only in South Korea, but the entire Asia.    

Before a few people could approach them, they sneaked to the top floor, entering the back door, the one with almost no light at all. Kai barged quickly, not forgetting to lock the door behind.

Chanyeol gasped, but it quickly disappeared as it was replaced with a sneer. “This was your so called- ing brilliant plan?!” Chanyeol wanted to face-palm so bad, but resorted to taking off his jacket roughly, throwing it on the floor.

“Now what, Kim ing genius?” Chanyeol placed a hand on his hip, whilst the other pointed at the time machine Kai’s parents were working on, but it was kept in the black room because it was considered a failure.

“Thanks, Park. I know I’m a ing genius,” He grinned while concentrating on the wires.

“You told me you wanted to escape the wedding, but- but this is crazy!”

“Not as crazy as your eye twitches, though.” Kai chuckled, glancing slightly at the fuming Chanyeol.

“Hey, leave me and my eye twitches alone. They’re innocent.” Chanyeol growled.

“Okay, now that we’re here, busted the security system with my genius mind, kicked the guards with your brilliant Kung Fu moves-

“It’s judo.” Chanyeol interrupted,

“-Judo skills,” Kai emphasized, “and gave a black eye to that guy over there,” Kai pointed out to the passed out ahjussi, who seemed to be a scientist, lying cold on the floor, “what do you suggest? Going back to the wedding after all this?” Kai quirked an eyebrow.

“Okay, maybe..” The taller raised his hand in defense.

“You can ing leave me, or oh so help me, and we can both do something!” Kai hissed. “Or got any other brilliant plan?”

After a few minutes, Chanyeol’s shrugged and cracked his infamous toothy, wicked grin. “I got none, let’s go with your stupid idea.”

Kai cracked an equally wicked grin, “Bros for life.”

“Bros for life.” Chanyeol breathed.

Not wasting time, they quickly got on their knees and punched on the buttons. Though, not long after that, Chanyeol heard the murmurs and clinking sounds of metal, what seemed like keys.

“, Kai,” Chanyeols shook Kai’s shoulder, who seemed to be too focused on the machine. “They’re coming in!”

Sweat poured from his forehead, “Do something, your Kung Fu moves- Judo, whatever! Just don’t let them get in!”

“I can’t, there’s too much of them.” The taller struggled to hold the door closed. He breathed in and closed his eyes when he feels the door shaking open, “ing do something, Kai!”

“Park, shut up!'” Kai quickened his fingers, pressing numbers on the keypad of the time machine, “uh- give me some numbers!” he shouted, his eyes blocked by his sweat.

“A number?” Chanyeol opened his eyes, “uh…”

“, quick, yeol!”

“thir- thirteen!” Chanyeol shouted random numbers that flashed through his panicked mind.

“What’s your dead grandma’s age?” Kai asked.

“God, Kim, what does it have to do with-

“Just ing answer!” Kai shouted, earning a stink eye from his friend.

“Ninety- eight, dammit!” As he shouted, the door barged open, guards came spewing in, stepping closer to the two men on the corner of the room.

“, , .” Chanyeol ran toward Kai.

1398- Kai pressed the digits combined, but nothing happened.

“Chanyeol, the damn thing won’t work!”

“,” Chanyeol’s eyes roamed through the numerous buttons and in panicked, his hand accidentally pressed a small red button below. By now, the guards were this close to capturing them until suddenly, the machine vibrated, white smoke gathered around them, stinging their eyes.

“Park, what did you press?!” Kai shouted.

“How the hell should I know? I’m not a ing scientist!” The latter retorted back in frustration.

“Then use common sense idiot---

Out of nowhere, a small black portal formed. The guards backed away in fear at the foreign event. The portal was small, but it had enough power to whirl Chanyeol and Kai in. And as fast as it was created, it diminished in a second, leaving no trace whatsoever behind.


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi~ I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! It's not as good as what i had in mind tho ^^;

Comments are loved~