Hi, I Think Your Boxers Are Cute (1)

Hi, I Think Your Boxers Are Cute

a/n: sorry for the delay of updates. school's a drag. -____- i hope you'll like the first chapter!

 

Jonghyun buys coffee and spills it all in the next 2 minutes.

“Dude, watch where you’re going.” It’s actually Jonghyun’s fault and he’s blaming it on the poor guy.

“S-sorry,” Says the victim of Jonghyun’s negligence. His eyes were casted downwards, hands trying to wipe his now coffee-stained coat and muttering something about forgetting his hanky. Jonghyun drags a hand down his face, eliciting a sigh because he needed the coffee to stay up in class. But, really, if he hadn’t occupied himself with this online RPG last night then he wouldn’t have to deal with this type of circumstance.

 

Jonghyun thinks he shouldn’t care this much about studying—he usually doesn’t—but Math was never his cup of tea and he failed at wooing a girl to copy notes for him in class. He settles for an “Okay, just buy me another coffee and I’ll let it go,” just because he was desperate not to repeat the subject in the next semester, he wanted it to be absolutely Math-free. The guy blinks up at him and Jonghyun sees the small dews of coffee clinging on to his eyelashes. The latter thinks he just mentally splashed him a good cup of guilt for his abject cruelty.

 

“I—uhh,” He stutters and Jonghyun deems he must be younger, “…honestly left my coat on my walle—I-I mean! I left my wallet which was inside the pocket of my coat. S-sorry, I only have money good for a bus fare.”

Jonghyun narrows his eyes and scans the guy who so awkwardly stands before him: Insolvency, working part time, and on a spoon as his meal flashed up in his thoughts—the result of watching too much drama—as he reckons his socked feet. Dude must have had a hard time buying shoes.

 

“Why are you out with only your socks on?” The guy flashes an “Oh” before looking down at his own two feet, tipping back to his heels and wiggling his toes.

“I forgot to wear my shoes.” He said, feeling a bit embarrassed as he steals a peek at Jonghyun through the fringe of his hair, head still lying low. The latter’s mouth turns into a line of disbelief, wondering how this guy could ever survive life.

“What? Do you have some rare kind of amnesia?” Jonghyun blurts out, his voice a mix of mock and surprise.

The guy shakes his head, “I was running late for my first period so I forgot to bring and, well, wear some of my stuff.” He smiles, as if he too thinks this behavior sounds a bit out of the norm. “I’m actually on my way back to the dorm since I was kicked out.”

“For not wearing shoes?”

“No, because I was late.” He beams, adjusting his backpack. Jonghyun thinks that his smile was cute, and that he had a pair of beautiful sickle-shaped eyes—which he randomly calls them eye-sickles—he wanted to throw himself out of the manhole for being this lame, really. He then quickly recedes to a frown, trying to mentally kick that thought out of his already preoccupied mind.

 

“Um, so, about your coffee…”

“Uhh, yeah, forget about the coffee. I… I need to go, I’m late.” Jonghyun tries to excuse himself with a smile and waves at the guy still stained with coffee. He walks away then stops 3 seconds later, turning his heels back at the guy who now wears a dumbfounded expression.

“Actually, I’m late and you’re… you’ve been literally kicked out so, want to ditch classes with me?” Jonghyun pauses and he quickly burrows his eyebrows just because that came out a little weird (as if it just sounded like he’s asking the guy to marry him). Jonghyun doesn’t even know what but he thinks his ego just got twisted. Besides, he thinks, he needed company to play games with.

“Skip classes? But I… I’ve never skipped classes before—“

“It’s just for the first period.” He said, flashing his lopsided grin, “Come, I have a friend who lives nearby, he could lend you a pair of shoes.”

“But—“ And Jonghyun stops his way on dragging the confused guy.

“Jinki!” He splutters and Jonghyun arches his eyebrow at that.

“What?”

“I-I mean I’m—what?”

“What?” Jonghyun feels the embarrassment spreading through the other’s cheeks, and he thinks that his inarticulacy looks… endearing. Oh god, what?

“My name’s Jinki.” He gives Jonghyun a shy smile and the latter reciprocates with a sly grin.

“Jonghyun. My name’s Jonghyun,” And Jinki finally, albeit still unsure, lets Jonghyun haul him away from the coffee shop.

 

 

10 minutes later and Jonghyun remembers that he needed to attend his Math class.

He burrows his eyebrows and looks at Jinki, wondering if being forgetful is a transmissible disorder. 

"Is there something on my face?" Jinki blinks and Jonghyun smiles and shrugs it off, thinking that maybe he's just being irrational.