Loser

Loser

The beat of the music pumped through the speakers, banging against everyone's eardrum as bodies swayed to the rhythm of it. Lights, different shades and colors flashed over the bundle of bodies that gathered in the dance floor. And the strong scent of alcohol and cigarette smoke filled the entire club, although that was normally the type of scene one would come up to once they came in.

If not for the flashing lights, the bodies on the floor wouldn't be identified with the lack of lights now that the floor lights have been turned off just to fit the feel of the genre of the music that was currently being played. For the night, glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces were given out and that was one of the attraction of having a rather dark floor, that much kept the attention on the dance even with just a few flashes identifying the people who were dancing to the song.

At the second floor, VIP rooms were stationed with balconies to look over the dance floor and the people that mingled around below them. It was mostly for the idols who had come to enjoy the night, but the particular night consisted mostly of artists from the entertainment famously called YG and some other that were closely related to them and their group of friends.

One particular idol leaned on the railings of their second floor room and gazed below him at the almost glowing bodies that more or less gyrated against each other. In his hand was a glass of halfway filled with ice and a clear liquid, it didn't look like he had drank any and was just held in his hands the entire time. Perhaps someone had just filled it again after it got finished but it seemed as if he hasn't move an inch in a while and simply watched the dancing people beneath him.

A change of music had the lights of the dance floor brightening up the dance floor and the person he was looking for had finally shown herself and even looked up to where he stood. A sly  but playful smile appeared on his once placid lips. The same kind of smile appeared on her own lips as her fingers pushed her hair back to show more of her face and that smile of hers.

Just with that sight of the two looking at each other, smiling at each other too from the second floor to the first floor and vice versa, someone could quickly pick up that there's something going on between them and the way they kept their eyes at each other that long was definitely something else.

A man with blonde hair suddenly walked over to him, his back against the railing with his own amused grin playing on his face as he looked at the man beside him. The music that had come next was already beating hard and loud that all she could see from where she stood was the blonde's lips moving, speaking to the other. She was rather curious to what was said and the widening smile on the man she still had her eyes on got her even more curious. But before the lights could once again go out, the man gestured at her, his finger motioned her to come up and at that, she winked and made her way through the moving bodies towards the stairs.

Two muscled man stood on either side of the entry way that was clearly a private area with the way a black gate had been closed in front of it. She didn't have to do anything and walk straight, before she could reach them, they had already opened the door and invitingly signaled her to go on. The music behind her slowly got quiet as  climbed the stairs, though the closer she got to the room where the man has called her up too, she started to hear it again and louder it got until she reached the opening that welcomed her into a lounge wide enough for another dance floor to be placed at, but it was just a lounge containing quite a number of people.

It was quite a group of mingling people, an unexpected mixture of artists normally not seen together in the light of day or at least in front of the flashing cameras. A SM artist lounging about right next to YG artists was something out of the ordinary yet they all looked as if it was a normal hang out. Couples decorated the room as everywhere one looked, there was a pair who simply enjoyed the presence of their special other while surrounded by people who didn't really give a and were just happy for them. And there were people who surely would be making headlines once spotted, most definitely with their past history of being seen together and along with that were the women that were always linked to the man.

She was one of those women that the media or the fans,  never stopped pairing with and yet, once upon a time, she was paired with him behind closed doors. They were on and off, he was there and wasn't and most of their good days were spent with him not there. That simply said something about their relationship, but to think that that story once told wasn't too long ago and now here he was, intermingling with her in a non-friendly fashion too, there were just too many things needed to say but held back in respect for one's self.

To say that her mood suddenly dropped upon hearing the presence of the two was an understatement. She was told she'll have a good time, told that her mood will get better once she joins them tonight. All of those turned out to be a lie. Yes she was over him. Yes she was alright being in the same room as him. But no, she wasn't okay with having the woman she slept with in his bed while she was under the impression that she was girl he was in a 'relationship' with breathing the same air as she did. Perhaps the world had come up with another definition  for the word.

For the sake of having a peaceful night, she kept her own thoughts to herself, bit back her tongue hard and singled herself from the crowd - or at least brought herself to another crowd. One thing was quite sure for that night, her mood wouldn't go up until he comes around and coming around was exactly what he did.

Right as she walked in, all eyes had turned her way. It was rather expected for everyone to look at who was joining their private party, it was an invite only thing and of course, being a private room, they didn't want just anyone coming in.

Maybe it was the clothes she wore that attracted their attention since just hours ago, she was wearing a white hoodie with her hair tied up. Now she sported a white cropped, sleeveless turtleneck with a pair of  black skinny jeans and a black and gold shoes. Her hair, straight as they've been some time ago had turned quite curly as they hung loose over her shoulders.

Mouths were ajar from the sight of her walking around with such confidence and the smile that she'd worn from downstairs still on her lips. Her get up was surely showing much more than she usually intended too yet it worked so well for her, that and the smile that no one failed to notice. Even he had her eyes on her as she walked straight towards the balcony and not bothering to greet any of the other people in the room.

"... Dara?" someone had managed to choke out but the silence prolonged when she'd found the man who had called for her.

He now had her back from the sight below and leaning against the railing. One arm spread to the side and over the wooden banister, quietly calling her over with that pose he had. The blonde he spoke to before was still standing beside him and like everybody else, gawking over her.

"Nuna?" the blonde spoke and she had managed to send a smile to the younger, but her attention was quickly taken when the man had wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her snug against him.

"Top hyung?" the blonde spoke to the other and just like her, he had given the other a smile before his lips found hers.

His hand slipped from her waist up her spine until his fingers were tangled through her hair and had her tilt her head, deepening the kiss.

It was as if the air in that room was just out of every body.  In the background was the title track of the man's group's comeback album, booming throughout the club with the once gyrating bodies in the dance floor now taking quite a slow turn.

Simply, it was one thing to see a man and a woman who had silently let the rumors of their relationship go be seen with each other, then another to see a man and a woman who had never showed much interest for the other body to suddenly be making out right in front of them. Nothing can compare to that shocking news, not even with that same man who had pushed her away for another woman to come to her and take her by the elbow, pulling her away from him.

She simply looked at him with a blank face that said so many things yet he couldn't figure out what it all meant. Just like that, he'd assumed. "Really? You're going to use him to get back at me?" he snorted. His expression forming into a mocking sneer. "Aren't you better than that?" he spat.

The girl simply tilted her head at him and took her elbow back. She didn't seem to be fazed by the man's outrage, she merely chuckled and nuzzled herself in the arms of the man that held her. "For someone who said they didn't care about what I do and won't be affected by it, you're really showing no care at all, aren't you?" she said with a slight tone of scorn.

Perhaps it wasn't as obvious as she liked it to be but she was completely over this man. Yes, it was rather conceivable for her to hold resentment and anger towards him and that woman but it was beneath her to do what she was being accused of. To feel indignation towards someone who had done exactly what she did was quite common, and it certainly didn't mean that only because she held such feelings then she hasn't gotten over him.

"I hate you. That much won't ever changed." she said quite frankly.

No matter how dim the room was or how little light lit up where they stood,  a sting of hurt danced across the man's face. His jaw tensed and he gritted his teeth as if he was about to lunge himself to the girl but the man who held the woman who used to be his didn't just lean back and put his foot down, placing himself between them in a very protective stance.

"She's with me now, Jiyong and you're with someone else. So why don't we make sure not to cross paths?" Top calmly said but his voice had an edge to it, almost a threat for the younger man that went unnoticed.

"Don't tell me you're going for someone like her, hyung? Someone who always came second, not far from a loser then" Jiyong said back with a nasty smirk in his face.

Dara held herself back when she felt the sting on her eyes and her chest but Top's tightening hold on her kept her from letting those tears betray her. Hearing that, many of their friends had taken a step towards Dara, ready to bring themselves between the parties.

"And you're the winner? Disrespecting a woman, yet you have the face to approach her after what you've done? You're ruining yourself, outspokenly announcing you're the winner yet you're the one who can't settle and find someone to stay with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dara is with someone yet you're with who? With her? What can you exactly get from her? ? Pleasure? Good time? You can get that from anyone yet you can't get love at all. So, if she's the loser, then what does that make you?" the older of the two men replied. "You call her a loser because she lost you? I'd say that makes her the winner, because you certainly don't know yourself enough that you're calling yourself the winner" he added.

With that, the pair left the room and abandoning a deafening silence that everyone who was still in it shared. Along with the music the DJ was playing, they could hear shouts, yells and things being thrown. Dara flinched at the sound of it but Top kept her hold on her and only pulling her closer to him, silently calming her down. It was oddly calming and she let herself get drawn to it.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't what I pictured would happen when we tell them about us." She quietly apologized, hiding her face against his chest as they descended down the flight of stairs.

"That's alright. If my girlfriend's a loser, then that makes me a loser too." he jested and that placed a smile on her face.

With that, both of them walked to the back entrance where a car was waiting for them both. The two didn't look back and simply looked ahead of them. There was nothing to look back at, some words that were said may be true but technical things can't be wrong even when they're right depending on perspective.

Top looked at the woman that sat across from him and didn't see a loser, but just the woman he was falling in love with and hopefully thought that made her think she was a winner. He held his hand for hers and without even a second thought, Dara placed hers over his and gently laced their fingers together. That brought a rather stupid smile on his lips but he didn't mind as he brought her hand so his lips and landed a kiss atop of her hand.

"You're such a loser" the girl teased and he only smiled even more stupidly. "I'm your loser then" he cheesily replied.