Promise

From Here Onwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you? You’re late.”

From where Hayoung stands, she had a clear, panoramic view of the small park that the five of them had dubbed ‘Seoul’s Hidden Gem’ when they first found it. To say that it was dubbed by all five of them might be partially a lie, however, since the name had been suggested by Jinyoung and enthusiastically adopted by Bomi.

But following nonchalance from the boys and slight skepticism from the maknae, Hidden Gem became Hidden Gem, and it became their go-to place.

There’s a reason behind the name, of course. As the name suggests, it’s an undiscovered location in Seoul despite its view over the city. Sitting on the top of a hill, it’s fenced by simple metal railings with no purpose more than to keep people from walking too close to the edge. There are a few benches, a young tree, and a lone set of swings. It’s a lonely spot hidden from the city that has the occasional couple in it, and the occasional street singer, most likely using the place for practise. Hayoung remembers tipping one of them once, who seemed surprised; probably didn’t think he’d actually earn anything here.

It’s a lonely place that Jaebum had once said that they breathe life into. Arrogant words, and no matter how much they heads, Hayoung secretly agrees.

Tonight, too, they’re one of the two patrons at Hidden Gem, the other being a gangly boy with a large guitar and a voice that doesn’t seem to belong. His singing stops occasionally, but it’s consistent enough not to be disruptive, and to finish the perfect picture of a scene that could easily belong in a drama. Their very own soundtrack.

Her gaze ventures over to her friends, the ones that aren’t late. Jinyoung is talking about something on one side of Bomi, while Mark sits on her other side, listening quietly as he usually does. Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter