Final

Hurt me like you do

Park Chanyeol is sitting on one of the benches of the school gym. His face was clouded with sweat; he was wearing a yellow jersey, an elite basketball socks and a cool black sneakers shoes. He was extremely handsome with his wet look. He was rather one of the famous school hearthrobs. He is very tall; His estimated height is 187cm. He is one of the school's beast varsity when it comes to basketball. He is also one of those filthy rich students. He gets everything he want. In other words, he is near from perfection. Many girls are dreaming to be one of his toys. Yes you've read it right. His toys. He is one of those real life cassanova. A very good player and a ty heartwrecker. A lot of people are still head over heels with him though, and one of them is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun, A nobody in the school campus two years ago. And now? He's not nobody at all, he's well known as Park Chanyeol's "Water Boy". But no, Chanyeol never accepted those bottles he offer nor look straight into his eyes. And Baekhyun was always embarrased but he never give up.

 

Byun Baekhyun was walking towards the school gym. He go inside. His sight longs for Chanyeol. He traveled his eyes until he saw Chanyeol's perfect and y back. He hurried behind him.

The other varsities didn't bother to look twice at Baek. They already know what'll happen.

"Erm." Baek said behind Chanyeol clearing his throat. "Water?"

Chanyeol didn't look backed at him he stand up instead. "I'll be going home coach. I'm tired." He said picking up his things and walking straight into the exit door.

Baekhyun's smile fell. He knew Chanyeol won't accept it of course. He's already doing it for two years. He settled himself and smileagain. "Yes. He's just tired. Don't give up Baek." He muttered to himself with a sigh.

 

"Just as I've thought. You're just here." Baekhyun looked back and he saw his bestfriend Zitao. Tao is famous and very rich too. He got looks and he's a very good friend. A very nice brother for Baekhyun have always said.

"What's with that face? Is it him again?" Tao asked and Baek nodded. Tao let out a sigh.

"Let's go at Ickle Izzle Ice cream. I'll treat you some. You're so ugly with that frown face. Hahaha."

"I'm not ugly! You're the one who's ugly because you're a monster. C'mon, your treat okay. I'll empty your pocket. Hahaha" Baek said clinging into Tao's arm.

"Nah you can never empty my pocket. I'm too rich let's go ugly creature. hahaha."

-

 

Baekhyun and Tao was now in the ice cream parlor and their table was full of Izzle's every ice cream specialty.

"Codswallop Baek. Are you that hungry?" Tao asked him laughing.

"No. Are you stupid? I reckon you call it more like stress eating or something?" Baek said while eating very fast.

"Tch. Always stressed. Why don't you love me instead?" Tao mutter.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing! I've said that you got some ice cream on the side of your lips!"

"Why do you have to shout?! I'm not deaf!"

"HAHAHAHA You're shouting too ugly creature."

"Uh right. Sorry."

"Baek, i wanna tell you something."

 

"What is it? You wan't to poop?" Baek said while laughing.

"Urgh no. This is a serious matter."

"Spill it out then."

"I don't want you to be hurt with Chanyeol anymore. Please give up." Tao said staring into Baek's deep brown eyes.

"But Tao, you know how I love Yeol right?"

"Yes. Everytime you cry i'm by your side. how can i never know? But Baek, he doesn't care about you. But me Baek, i do. I love you Baek and it pains me seeing you hurt. I want you to see happy."

"What do y-you mean?"

"I have been loving you more than a brother since we've became friends please give me a chance. Please Baek."

Baek didn't know what to do or how to react. It is painful to experience love that was never appreciated indeed. And everytime Baek cries, Tao was always on his side. He was comfortable being with Tao too. He's always happy when he's with him. But he can learn how to love Tao right? It's easy to love Tao. Chanyeol and Zitao are not like each other. Yeol is a real life cassanova while Tao is a real life prince. He's still confused.

"O-okay. But i-i'm still confused. Please let me think about it."

"Sure! I can wait forever if you want." Tao said brightly with a wide smile.

-

 

A few days later after that confession, Baek appreciated Tao's effort. Tao always assure that Baek will not go to the gym so he did everything to prevent him.But today was different. There will be a basketball game and Baek decided to do what he's been thinking of since the day Tao confessed about his feelings. They're both on their way to the school gym and he can clearly see Chanyeol together with his team mates on the side of the court. Somehow,Chanyeol's face was not as the usual. It's like he's very sad and problematic. Baekhyun find it very odd. He walked towards him, Tao on his back following.

"Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun said but Chanyeol didn't look up. Like the way he always did. For two long years.

"..Park Chanyeol. Hurt me. Hurt me again. Hurt me again. Hurt me like you always do Park Chanyeol. And I promise to let go my love for you. Even if it's too hard. Walk out and d--" Baekhyun continued but suddendly, Chanyeol looked back.

"P-please Stop. I'm sorry if I always hurt you. I-i'm not that good as you think. I always ed up, i'm a devil. You don't deserve a guy like me. Angel's don't fall inlove with a devil. They hate them. A-and Tao is the best man for you. So hate me." Chanyeol said staring at Baekhyun for the first time ever. Baekhyun was completely astounded. He still can't sink in all those words Chanyeol said. And for the very first time in his life, Chanyeol speaked to him. Chanyeol stared at his eyes.He looked back. For the first time.

"I knew it bro. You're such a pain in the . I know that you love Baek too. The way you look at his back and the way you follow him, the way you do to know everything he does everyday. And the way you protect him from afar. A real devil doesn't care about the feelings of others bro. But you don't want Baek to be hurt because of your ing attitude. Change for the good. Change for the better. Change for love." Tao said with a weak smile.

 

"W-wait!" Baek said after sinking those words they're saying. "You mean you love me too? And you know it Tao?" Baek asked them.

"Yes." They both said in chorus.

Baekhyun's eyes was now watering but it seems like he's very irritated because Chanyeol was such a big coward for hiding what he feel.

"You jerk stupid and big coward. Why didn't you tell me!" Baek said while punching Yeol's shoulder.

"Ouch! Ouch! I'm sorry okay? Can you still forgive me? Please?"

"Hmf. No."

"Whaaat? No? Are you sure?"

"I mean yes! But in one condition. Win the game Mr. Coward team captain."

Chanyeol smirked. "Deal."

-----

 

The game begins.

 

Chanyeol and his team ang falling behind by five points. There are only three minutes left on the clock and every player are exhausted. Chanyeol knew that they need to win this game in order to gain Baek's forgiveness.

He has the ball, dribbling it with his right hand. He runs to the opposite ring. He suddenly swerves to the left, passing the ball to his left hand. The other team did not expect this move. Chanyeol aims for the ring. He shoots He scores.

 

After that play, the coach calls for their last time out. And so they gathered at the benches.

"This is it team, all we need is to get a three points. Team, pass the ball to Chanyeol, and protect him so he can make the three-point shot. Chanyeol, we trust you."

 

The game started again.

His teammate has the ball. Chanyeol is a bit pressured for he holds the winning point. He must be able to shoot the ball to win. There is only two minutes left for the game.

The teammate passes the ball to chanyeol. He caught it. He dribbles it. Every player of the other team is targeting him. Making sure that he doesn't make that goal. But, as their coach said, his team mates did protect him..

But two players got near him and elbows him on the chest. He drops to the floor because of the pain. It feels as if a rib has broken. But then he got startled when he heaed a familiar voice.

"Chanyeol!! Remember our deal!! Win it or else we will break up!!" Everyone especially chanyeol was surprised. He didn't even know that Baek and he were in a relationship. But still, it gave him the strength to overcome the pain. He stood up for the free throw.

 

He positioned himself at the free throw area. He was able to shoot both free throws. It is true that love can create miracles. Now, all he need is one point to win the game.

 

He has the ball again, he dribbles it and runs as fast as he can to avoid his opponent. He swerve to the left. Then spins to the right. He positions himself for the shoot.
Every one was holding their breath. It was only 5seconds away till they determine the winner of the game. 5 seconds. He jumps. 4second. The other team player also jumped to block him.

3 seconds. but it was a second late.

2 seconds. Chanyeol releases the ball to make the 3-point shot.

1 second.

 

Everyone is holding their breath. It seems like everything is in slow motion.  They're all looking at the ball as in flies in the air. They thought it will not make it. But then the ball went through the ring. The team and their fans were all shouting and jumping and crying and cheering. They were all happy for making the game. Confetti started falling down. People are so happy for their win.

Baekhyun was jumping because of happiness. He can see Chanyeol's happy face when the whole team approached him because of that fabulous winning shot. Their eyes met, returning both gazes. Chanyeol ran at Baekhyun. "So?" Yeol said with a smirk.

"Water?" Baek smiled at him handing the bottle of water. For the very first time in two years Chanyeol accepted it. Baek smiled. "You jerk. I've waited for two long years for you to appreciate this. Never do this again okay?" Baek said pinching Yeol's cheeks. Chanyeol didn't smile back.

 

"Nah. I don't want this bottle. I never wanted this."

"W-what?" Baek said confused. Chanyeol grinned.

"I want this." Chanyeol said holding Baek's waist and kissed him with glee. Baekhyun kissed back.

Before they knew it, people are cheering and shouting for them.

Who would have thought that the neglected Waterboy was also loved by the beast varsity of the school?

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back. Don't expect in return. Just wait for it to grow in their heart but if id doesn't be contented. It grew in yours.

And that was Byun Baekhyun did to finally get Chanyeol's love and attention. Sometimes, in life, Patience is all we need because a man who truly love youwill never let you go no matter how hard the situation is.

---

END