Stress

Elite Spin-off: Stress

Based on this prompt: One time Jaejoong and Yunho are fighting (verbally), Changmin and Yoochun didn't know what to do and Junsu tried to stop them because they were being quite harsh with each other and they only stopped arguing after Junsu cried.


Elite Spin-off : Stress

Two men stood at the opposite sides of a living room as they glared each other down. Both of them radiated such profuse anger that nobody dared to approach them, including their two bandmates that stayed crouched in the corridor with manga books above their heads just in case the fight turned physical.

“What the hell are you doing? Jaejoong, you know the rules! How can you break curfew again? Junsu had permission to break curfew to visit his brother in the hospital but that doesn’t mean that you can do the same thing!” Yunho yelled in Jaejoong’s face as his anger gauge approached its bursting point.

“What is wrong with me breaking curfew once in awhile huh, Jung Yunho? They work us so hard! I just went out to blow off some steam before I die in this pressure cooker!” Jaejoong threw back at him, his patience being pushed to the limit due to his exhaustion. He knew he was being unnecessarily harsh because Yunho was unaware of the true extent of how hard he was working but Yunho’s words struck a nerve and in that moment, he just saw Yunho as a bastard who was incapable of understanding others.

“Well, are we worked any less hard than you? But do you see us sneaking off and breaking curfew without so much as informing the other members first? The least you could do was inform me that you are leaving even if you couldn’t inform the manager! Do you know how much we wo- do you know how much you inconvenienced us just because you left without saying a word and didn’t come back for hours?” Yunho knew clearly deep down in his heart that Jaejoong’s absence had caused him, together with the rest of the members, nothing but gut-wrenching worry. Yet, his pride refused to let him admit that to Jaejoong. Jaejoong needed to learn his lesson, if not he will continue on like this and worry each of them, and with their ever increasing number of saesang fans, who knew what kind of trouble Jaejoong could encounter when he was outside alone!

Jaejoong nearly burst a vein at his words. Inconvenience? How dare Yunho said that he inconvenienced them when his actions are necessary because he had chosen to stay with them instead of moving on to another company? If he had been at any other company besides SM, he wouldn’t have needed to hide that he was an Elite, and he wouldn’t have to sneak about just to complete the duties that he had!

“Oh! What do we have here? Are you trying to assert your power, leader-shi? Just admit it, you are just upset because you think you are worked harder than all the rest of us and yet you cannot afford to sneak off like us when you need to because you are our leader! You think I should be in your position right? That I should be the one to suffer being leader instead of you since I’m the oldest? Well, too bad for you, SM apparently doesn’t like my carefree ways and prefers robots like you who only know how to go by the book.” Jaejoong smirked, his grin growing increasingly cocky as he observed the twitch that had developed in Yunho’s jaw due to his words.

This.Was.It. Yunho could not believe that Jaejoong had brought up the whole leader topic knowing what a sensitive issue it was between them. To make it worse, Yunho absolutely hated being called leader-shi as it was s way of telling him that he was being too bossy with them, that he was going leader on them, that he was being U-Know Yunho instead of just their Yunho. It was the last straw and his arm immediately picked up the nearest object that he came into contact with and hurled it straight at Jaejoong. 

Thankfully, Yunho’s anger clouded his vision and the ceramic cup went off aim, hitting the manga books that were present on the heads of the two poor and forgotten members that were still hiding in the corridor. It rebounded and hit the polished tiles of the floor before shattering to pieces in front of two stunned faces. Yoochun and Changmin immediately shared a look. When things started flying around, they knew it was serious and no amount of persuasion on their part could convince their two beloved hyungs to stop fighting. The best solution was just to let them release whatever pent up anger and frustration that was within them before they eventually make up, and the best course of action for any bystander was to take cover. Having arrived at the same conclusion at the same time, they both sprinted off in the direction of their bedroom, which was the furthest room from all the commotion.

Jaejoong barely took notice of his dongsaengs’ actions as he glared balefully at Yunho, unable to believe that Yunho had dared to throw a ceramic cup at him. To make it worse, it was one of the pair of ceramic cups that was given to Yunho and him as a present from their yunjae fans! Well, two could play the game, Jaejoong decided. He picked up the Japanese dictionary lying innocently on the table and flung it at Yunho. It hit him right smack in the middle of his chest before it dropped to the floor with a loud thud. Jaejoong smiled in satisfaction. That would definitely leave a bruise behind.

What had started out as pure worry from a leader and a lover and a person merely trying to fulfill his allocated duties led to a petty fight as various things were sent back and forth the living room. The devastated living room was beginning to look more like a disaster zone rather than a place where the members of DongBangShinKi gathered to eat and play games. This was the scene that Xiah Junsu returned to.

Junsu was already tired from rushing through the day full of schedules before he was allowed to visit his brother in the hospital. His brother had broken his leg when an anti-fan of DBSK had pushed him down the stairs. He rubbed his face with his hand tiredly as he tried to erase his exhaustion. He had wanted to stay to accompany his brother but his agency had expressly forbidden it and the hospital had not advised it for fear of fans stalking Junsu that may affect the welfare of his brother and that of the other patients in the hospital. He thought he heard weird sounds when he was unlocking the door but he couldn’t be positive. Turning around, his jaw immediately gaped open in shock.

Things were strewn all over the living room - even his beloved new XBOX game as the two oldest members decked it out in said place. Again. Junsu had lost count of how many times this had happened before but lately they have changed from rare occurrences to more and more frequent happenings as Jaejoong hyung was constantly breaking the rules. Seeing his two other members missing despite it being past curfew, he knew that they must be hiding in their room again instead of trying to stop the fight. No matter how many times he said it, when will they get it? They are a group. They have to work together! Whenever any disputes takes place, they have to resolve it as a group as well! He could never fathom how they could just ignore what was happening in front of them and go about their own business. As usual, he tried to intervene.

“Hyungs, what are you doing? It’s late already, let’s not fight anymore okay? Whatever the issue is, we can discuss it calmly over breakfast tomorrow!” Junsu encouraged, trying to coax his hyungs out of the ‘fighting mood’ that they have gotten in. The result? It was the same as usual, where he earned twin glares for even daring to intrude before the two pairs of eyes focused on each other and turned murderous once again.

Junsu sighed in exasperation. He really didn't want to deal with this right now, but he couldn't ignore what was happening in front of him either. He winced when Jaejoong suddenly called his name. 

"Su-ie ah, I know you are exhausted. Don't worry about us okay and just go in and rest. I will brew you a hot cup of tea and bring it in once I finish dealing with leader-shi."

Hearing this, Yunho's face turned even redder, if it was possible. Su-ie?! How dare he call Junsu by such an endearing name when the only thing that he was willing to call him now was by his goddamn leader title? He was his lover for crying out loud! And how can he realize that Junsu is exhausted and not even see how tired he is??

"Oh please, spare me. Don't pretend that you are really concerned about us when you are nowhere near being the band Umma that our fans imagine you to be! Why don't you just continue on with your carefree life and leave us to pick up the pieces as usual? And maybe find someone who interests you more in the process!" Yunho fumed, no longer aware of what he was saying but more keenly focused on hurting Jaejoong's feelings as much as how his pride had been wounded.

Rounding up on Junsu, he then proceeded to reprimand him. "And you! Why are you back so late? Even though we knew that you were visiting your brother, would it have killed you to at least call and let us know when you will be back? I - "

Snap.

Yunho's face whipped back with the force of Jaejoong's slap, his facial features still frozen in shock and his mind not fully registering what Jaejoong had just done. The silence that settled over them afterwards seemed even louder compared to when they were shouting at each other earlier. It was eventually shattered with one sound.

Sniff sniff. Sniff sniff. 

Both Jaejoong and Yunho spun their heads in the direction of the sound, moving so fast that they almost got whiplash. 

Junsu had collapsed onto the floor, tears running down his face like a gushing waterfall. There has been so much stress lately from all their schedules and the upcoming comeback, and he has an exam coming up, and his brother got injured and now even hyung-duel were fighting. To make it worse, they wouldn't even calm down and listen to him no matter how hard he tried!

In the face of this, Jaejoong and Yunho immediately stared at each other with panicked faces. Junsu was rarely the one who cried and was often the one cheering them when they were feeling down. But now...

Jaejoong sat himself down beside Junsu and gently gathered him in his arms while Yunho bent down to wipe his tears. "Shh, its fine Su-ie, Yunho and I won't fight anymore okay? We are sorry we upset you. Stop crying alright? You haven't had supper yet right? I can make some food for you, what do you want to eat?"

When Junsu's tears failed to stop, Yunho took his turn trying to coax Junsu as well. "Yup Su-ie, what do you want to eat? I can help Jae make it for you! I'm sorry we fought, don't cry anymore neh?" 

Hearing their words, Junsu felt slightly better and threw both his arms around his hyungs, hugging them close. It took awhile before he could see clearly again but a smile broke out on his face once he saw the pair of entwined hands before him. Raising his eyes, he found himself in the middle of his hyungs whom were trapped lovingly in each other's eyes with gentle smiles curving their lips. There was such an overwhelming amount of affection in the look they shared with each other that Junsu felt embarrassed for witnessing it and ducked his head, a slight blush colouring his cheeks while he grinned madly. Things were right once again.

 

A/N: Dedicated to the wonderful SJY:D Please comment and upvote!!:))