Thunder Clouds

The Book of Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Ugh, I should’ve brought an umbrella. I’m running back home while holding my books over my head to shield myself from the rain. I don’t think it’s working. I jumped from the curb to the main road and accidentally landed in a puddle causing my socks to get wet. Just my luck. I have 6 more houses to go until I reach my house, I can do this. I sprinted from where I am until I reached my front door. I can feel every single school supply in my bag in each and every step I take. I opened the door and both of my parents are sitting on the couch, watching TV.

          “Oh- you’re soaked!” My mom stood up from the couch and grabbed a face towel from a cabinet. She tried to dry my hair leaving it damp.

          “Didn’t I tell you to always bring an umbrella?” My mom’s hair is in a bun and some hair strands are coming out of it.

          “Go and change already.” My dad turned away from the TV to look at me.

          I nodded and climbed up the stairs but got stopped because of my Dad.

          “You have a package by the way. I swear, the postal system is so weird, making their employees work in this type of weather.” He tsked.

          “It’s in your room already by the way.” He added.

          I continued my way upstairs and opened my room. My room is pastel pink and white. I know it’s quite feminine and that’s why I’ve always loved that colour combination. It looks so peaceful and innocent. My walls are decked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter