D is for Depravity

Let Me Kiss You Again

"Hyung," a shocked gasp left Sehun's mouth, the bowl full of soup he had brought in slipping out of his hands and clattering on the floor, its contents spreading everywhere. The younger of the two just ignored the mess however, opting instead to rush over to the tall figure that had been silent for far to long.


"I'm leaving..." Baekhyun declared as he stepped out of his room for the first time in two days, his slender fingers clutched tightly around the handle of an over packed suitcase.

"Baekhyun, I know this is hard on you, but EXO needs you, our fans need you," was all Junmyeon could say, hoping to convince the younger to stay. After all, no one knew if he was thinking straight. Baekhyun just turned his back on the pleading eyes of EXO-K's leader, walking to the door only to be stopped by one of their youngest members.

"Hyung, if you think that you are the only one that is affected by this..." Sehun started with pain in his voice, only to receive a broken smile from the elder, stopping his retort cold.

"Don't worry, Sehun, I'll bring him back," and with that, Baekhyun pushed his way through EXO-K's dorm door, leaving everything that had once been his life behind. Sehun looked helplessly at their leader.

"Should I bring him back?" the maknae asked only to receive a grim smile from Junmyeon.

"What's the point, EXO has only eight now," and with that the leader went back into his bedroom, Yixing following behind him worriedly a few minutes later.


"Chanyeol's gone?!" Yura asked, she was genuinely shocked about that.

"What should we do?" The cousin she was talking to asked her.

"Nothing," she stated, trying her hardest to look composed, "whoever he is with now really needs him. I will explain things to Mother and Father."


"Chanyeol, wake up already it's ten o' clock in the morning." Baekhyun ran a towel through his wet, brown locks, sighing in annoyance as his boyfriend still lay silent in bed. He leaned over and placed a chaste kiss on Chanyeol's forehead, and the younger male's eyelids were then forced open. Baekhyun stared into glazed eyes before abruptly grabbing his phone, fumbling with it until he heard Chanyeol's voice greeting him. 

"Morning, Baek, I love you," Baekhyun promptly turned his phone off, divulging his full attention to his lover.

"Took you long enough, Yeol, I should seriously stop letting you sleep in." He was met only by silence, so he looked up to see that his boyfriend's eyes had slowly dropped shut again. He sighed tiredly, reaching his hand up to touch Chanyeol's face, only to hear the rude buzzing of his phone. Chanyeol's eyes were forced open yet again, this time more hastily, and Baekhyun quickly pulled his hand back, grabbing the phone to see why it had suddenly sprung to life. That was when he realized that he had forgot to silence the phone as it had required him to do once a week. He glanced at his phone's home screen before unlocking it to re-mute his notifications. Thirty-eight messages and forty-two missed calls; his friends could be so annoying. He accidentally clicked on the messages icon and stared as messages immediately bombarded his phone. Most of them were from the concerned EXO members. Sehun's latest text read, "Hyung, we know what you are doing, it's not healthy for you stop, please." Baekhyun let out a derisive snort of indignation, and then decided that instead of re-muting, he would just turn it off for eternity. His and Chanyeol's eternity. He smiled at that thought, and then gently threw the phone onto a recliner in the corner of the room after its screen had out into eternal silence. His attention brought back out of his thoughts after his stomach growled and he realized his own hunger. "I am making breakfast, okay, Chanyeol. I know I still might not be the best, but I am trying hard for you." With that he left the room, humming happily as he headed toward his kitchen.


Baekhyun happily settled himself into Chanyeol's lap, he didn't know how many days had passed since they had come here, but he had never been happier. Baekhyun worked, however waking up to Chanyeol as well as going to sleep in his Yeol's long arm made his life so perfect, made him feel so fulfilled. Today, though, an unsettling smell came over him as he sat down to eat. "God, Yeol, you smell terrible." He turned around to his lover whose skin was starting to look gray and sallow. "You are starting to get sick, aren't you Yeollie, you shouldn't have hidden that from me." Baekhyun tutted, a pout adorning his lips. "It's my fault, I forgot how delicate you are, and I'll repent for my mistakes by taking really good care of you know," Baekhyun chirped with a smile, using their home phone to call in sick so that he could take care of his lover the next day, His smile was sickeningly sweet. When he returned he found that Chanyeol had slumped backwards, his eyelids shut yet again. Baekhyun 'tched' a little before hauling Chanyeol's body into a proper sleeping position. He then lay by his Yeol's side, staring at the somber expression on Chanyeol's face. Baekhyun then began to sing. "Smile for me once," a smile forced itself upon Chanyeol's stiffly muscled features, "I'll laugh for you twice," and with that lyric two laughs escaped Baekhyun, though they seemed to border line grunts,as if his vocal chords couldn't seem to decide what they should be. "Hold my hand now," Baekhyun trilled, intertwining their fingers, "for it belongs to thou. Stay by my side, I promise I have nothing to hide." Baekhyun then pushed himself deeper into Chanyeol's broad chest, wrapping both of Chanyeol's arms around his waist, and nuzzling into Chanyeol's bone. He then sang the rest of what his mind could come up with, though his words were muffled by his lovers shirt.

"Hold me tight, 

even after our most serious fights.

I'll sing for you now,

hoping a peaceful slumber to thou.

I'll lie by your side,

watching sleep engulf you as would a tide.

And once you're asleep, devoid of all fright,

I'll let my tears fall into the silent night."

With that last line, Baekhyun ended up sobbing into Chanyeol's shirt, making the stench even harder to deal with, if that was a possibility. " And I see that we are going to have to make some lifestyle changes if we are both going to live healthy, Chanyeol."


The lifestyle changes were the worst, but Baekhyun new that it was for his Yeol's better being and learned to live with them. His motivation for it all, just the thought of finding himself in his lover's arms, blushing and panting, his lips swollen from overuse as his lover stopped to gaze at him ever so fondly. Or to even just feel Chanyeol's gentle yet scrutinizing gaze on him, checking his makeup for any imperfections while carefully lining his eyes with black. It was bordering one month now, since they came to this home and their own detached world. One month of happiness and bliss, as well as a month of longing and desperation.


Baekhyun found himself pressed into Chanyeol's chest, his lover's arms placed at his waist. Chanyeol's skin was cold, but then so was the area they were in. Baekhyun let out a breath which turned into mist around them, as his fingers fumbled with his phone yet again. "I love you, Baekhyun," Chanyeol kept murmuring into his ear.

"Chanyeol, I am going to check the messages now, okay?" Baekhyun received no response from Chanyeol as he pulled open his messages. Sehun was the only one that had continuously texted him, the others had given up approximately two days ago. The text read: 

From: Oh Sehun

To: Byun Baekhyun

Hyung, please stop this. Everyone is worried. The cops are looking for you too. I don't know why they haven't found you yet though. Hyung, its been long enough, but you haven't succeeded, you can't bring him back. Please just come back home, we miss you. 

Baekhyun sat there, reading the black lines over and over again. It was true that the reason he and Chanyeol had come to this place had not succeeeded, no matter how hard he tried. He couldn't stop now though, but he knew that leaving the maknae without an answer would be cruel, so he quickly typed back.

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: Oh Sehun

I know Sehun, so I have decided that if he's not coming to me, I am just going to have to go to him.

With the last click of a the button, Baekhyun shut off his phone, and smiled gently at Chanyeol's still figure. His lover smelled heavily of colgne and the freezing temperatures had led his skin to revert back to an acceptable state for now.

"Chanyeol, I am sleeping with you tonight," Baekhyun stated flatly with no room for argument, and quickly raised his head a little only to see his lover's eyes closed. He settled himself into Chanyeol's chest, and fell asleep, but only after pressing a kiss to his Yeol's cold lips. 


Sehun sat in the living room of the EXO dorms, Luhan, who was visiting from China, and was happily settled into his lap, both Luhan and Yifan were here while EXO figured this mess out. That's when his phone buzzed as they were watching the news. He turned it on only to finally see a text from Baekhyun and gasped involuntarily.

"What is it, Sehun?" Luhan asked tersely. 

"Baekhyun-hyung texted me," he practically yelled it in the dorm energy apparent on his face. The rest of EXO had heard, too, and all come stampeding out along with Wu Yifan. Sehun was about to open the text when a reporter came on the screen "flash news" the catchy jingle that followed it filling the room, drawing all eyes to it. What it read caused Tao to grip tightly onto his lover, Yifan's, arm, Kyungsoo to find himself on the verge of tears alongside Junmyeon-hyung and Xiumin-hyung, what it said cuased him to look away. 

The news was startling, showing an aerial view of a small beach house, facing the cold, blue sea. he headline read "EXO's missing member? Frozen to Death and Found in a Freezer," the reporter's voice droned on and on, but all Sehun could hear were memories. Junmyeon-hyung receiving a call from Yura-noona, who asked to talk to Baekhyun-hyung while the phone was on speaker.

"Chanyeol'swent missing from the funeral," she had grimly informed them after EXO told them about his hyung. He ran into his room after that, grabbing his phone and resending a text over and over again mentally pleading for his hyung to respond. He knew that Baekhyun was with the corpse that had once been Chanyeol, hoping that he could bring him back. He could practically see Baekhyun playing voice mails Chanyeol had sent him when he was alive, draping the dead man's arms around his body, and even pressing an occasional kiss to lips that would never respond. He had texted even more fervently after those images, but the only replied he received was now and it was too late. He glowered at Chanyeol's stupidity, at what the man that he had once been proud to call his hyung. How could he be so stupid as to let some stupid anti-fan's comment to get to him? How could one comment cause the fabled happy virus of EXO to commit suicide? Why did he do it, why didn't he talk to Baekhyun-hyung, his boyfriend? Baekhyun-hyung, the one person who dragged him out for meals during his seclusion and made it oh so apparent that he loved Chanyeol hoping to help his boyfriend no his lover to get through this stage and over the suicide comment. Why was Chanyeol so selfish to hurt himself like that, to rob himself of his life after Baekhyun-hyung had tried so hard to help him? Why didn't he think about how badly Baekhyun-hyung would react to that one act of selfishness; or did he want this to happen? Sehun's whole body tensed and shook with rage. Luhan could feel the not-so-subtle trembles from his position with is head resting on the youngers lap. He in response, slowly sat up as to not startle his boyfriend, and draped himself over him, whispering calming, nonsensical words into Sehun's ear. That night the remaining 8 of EXO along with Yifan and Luhan. Tao snuggling into Yifan's chest as well as all the other members settled themselves in their lover's arms hoping that it would be enough to protect them for the night as well as the distance they had put between themselves and Baekhyun and Chanyeol's shared room, which was the farthest away from the living room where they now lay. The next morning, they all swore that they had seen wither Baekhyun or Chanyeol once in their dreams. Only Sehun claimed to have seen them both, frolicking with each other Chanyeol flirting with Baekhyun, saying that the fans had given the shorter the perfect nickname seeing as not a single day passed on which he did not wish to devour the older. The other just muttered a quick, stupid cheesy Eggyeol, under his breath before drawing Chanyeol into a passionate kiss. They only seemed to realize that Sehun was their after this show of affection and chirped quick apologies to him, before intertwining their fingers and walking in the direction of the room they had shared, getting fainter and fainter until they disappeared. After has shared his dream, happy tears found themselves in the eyes of all of the EXO members, even the two that had left. Tears of hope that maybe the fabled "breakfast couple" had finally found a happy end in another world. Little did they know that these images would haunt them for the rest of their lives, little did they now that the little hope that had been sparked that day would ignite a dream that all ten of them shared, that they prayed for every day. A dream that the made-for-each-other couple dubbed Baekyeol by their fans had found a happy end, and that after they had fulfilled their lives with their lovers and old age had claimed the remaining ten, all 6 pairs of lover's could live together happily just as it had been pre-debut. A dream that was lost in their current world.

Hi guys, sorry this fanfic and I'm sorry about my failure of a poem too. I hope you guys aren't to mad at me for this, and would be really happy to see what you guys have to say about my writing. But more than that, I hope you enjoyed the fic. I also am well aware about the fact that this issue is relatively old, but I felt like it needed some sort of recognition, I hope the person who posted the comment or hashtag or whatever it was repents their mistake. Oh and if you want to address me in the comments, my pseudonym is Zai.