Final

Cheesy Kisses

Pulling the hoodie strings to enclose around her face, she ventured out into the cold pouring rain. She couldn't remember the last time it rained like this, as she aimlessly dodged the various puddles in hopes not to get her shoes too soaked. Tucking her trembling fingers into her pockets, all she could hear was the pounding rain mixed with her footsteps as she quickened her step. Seeing her destination come into view she grinned as she waddled to the door to be embraced by the warmth of the blasting heater. 

"Goodness it's pouring and you're out and about," the woman at the counter scolded her in a motherly tone. 

"A coffee please, " she said as she pulled back her hood and tried to shake off any excess rain. 

The woman nodded, "Sure thing sweet heart. Take a seat wherever you'd like."

Doing what she was told, she found a nice cozy booth by the window. Scooting into it, she setteled against the window and sighed as she sat staring out at the rain. Though she didn't like to be in the rain, she sure enjoyed watching and hearing it. Seeing it fall so effortlessly and hearing the pitter patters of the rain fall was soothing and somewhat therapeutic to her.

She didn't realize that she had dirfted off into a daze as she imagined a tall man with broad shoulders and a strong chin. But his height wasn't as striking to her than his face. Seeing the rain drizzle down his thick brows and drip over his dark chocolate orbs for eyes past his perfectly structured nose, to the best part that drew her to him, his lips. They looked so soft, so inviting, and deliciously pefect fit against her very own wanting lips. 

"Miss your coffee," the woman from earlier said bringing her back to reality.

"Oh thank you," she snapped back into the moment as she accepted her warm cup off coffee. Gazing into it, her thoughts still traced back to the man who was standing in the rain. She sat there thinking and wondering why this man came to mind. She had never met or seen a guy that ressembled him in her entire life. But it wasn't until her twentyfirst birthday, which was a few weeks ago, that she had started dreaming about him. He never interacted with her, only staring from a distance as if he were looking over her as some kind of guardian angel. She figured he was with the strong gaze he held over her, never threatening only that look of wanting to protect her. But why? Why would this handsome guardian angel want to protect her? She was just a normal college student trying to find the right career path for her. There wasn't anything really extraordinary, but the fact that she kept having these amazing dreams of this guy watching over her.

Taking the cup in her cold hands, she raised it to her lips as she glanced out to where her latest day dream took place and froze. It was him again, she told herself she was having another day dream as she sat staring back at him. Her handsome guardian angel she grinned to herself. But then appeared a few guys by his side and his demeanor changed as he began to move foreward. 

"What..." she moved back a little startled by the fact that her handsome guardian angel was moving towards her. She didn't know why she was feeling all giddy and nervous as the group neared the door. But she was somehow able to look calm and together as the door opened to have to group walk in. They all were good looking and carried this aura about them that could silence a roaring crowd to gasp of awe and amazement. Or maybe that was just her take as she quietly watched them take a seat across the cafe from her. Her curious eyes kept staring before her handsome guardian angel locked eyes with her. 

"Who are you," she asked in her mind.

"You know who I am," a thundering deep voice echoed as if he was literally talking to her. 

This made her jump in her seat and bang her knee on the table. "," she hissed as she gazed down and began rubbing it. "What the hell was that," she breathed to herself and looked up to see the entire group staring at her. She waved apologetically as she tried to sip her coffee to look anywhere but at the group of guys that kept staring at her. 

She wanted to shrivle up and die right then from looking so pathectically awkward with so many handsome guys staring at her. Not to mention the fact that she felt real dumb that her handsome guardian angel was a real living person. How could she be so stupid? Of course he was a living person, but how was she able to imagine him so perfectly? Every part of him was exactly like her dreams. It was like she knew him and the way he had looked at her he had to know her as well. 

"Excuse me could I sit here," that thundering deep voice she had heard spoke again but this time it came from the lips of her handsome guardian angel who was standing right before her. 

"Uh...," she didn't know what to say as he took the seat anyway. "Can...I...help you?"

"That's what I came to ask," he chuckled making her grin. "I could see you staring over and wanted to know why you called me here."

"Umm...I didn't call you here. I don't even have your number I don't think," she chuckled at his weirdness.

He shook his head and smiled, "You didn't call me on the phone." 

"Then how did I call you," she asked slightly amused by this handsome stranger. 

He placed his index finger against the temple on his head and winked, "You used this."

"My...mind," she questioned what he was pointing at.

He nodded, "Yes with your mind. At first I wasn't sure if you were calling for me, but then you continued to call out to me more frequently so I came."

"I...don't understand," she stated confused at what was going on. 

"You erased everything," he frowned and she watched as his eyes spoke words of sorrow and sadness. "You wanted to be normal and forget everything."

"Why?"

"Because it's easier you said. For you and for me," he spoke as if he was recalling a memory that she obviously had forgotten. 

"Was it," she had to ask. 

His gaze said it all, "It was easier for you."

"So..." she didn't know what to say. 

"So...what did you need Minzy?"

"Minzy," she questioned the name he had called her. Pointing to herself she repeated the name again, "Minzy?"

His frown deepened as he slightly nodded, "Yeah that's your name."

She began to repeat the name over and over to herself and images began to flash in her mind. Bright lights, jumping from time to time, and the familiar stranger was there along side her. Closing her eyes she let her mind take her to a place in her mind she had long forgotten and stopped using, her memories. 

Taking the words of what the man of her dreams was telling her, she thought as to why she wanted to be normal. What was so special about being normal? How was she different? The first memory that came to mind was her standing out in the rain. Looking at the very cafe she was sitting in, but along side her was...Seunghyun she remembered his name. Feeling moisture stray from her eyes, she knew they were her tears mixing with the rain. But why? Why was she crying? Gazing down at her trembling hands they had blood, her brother's blood. The last of her family to die in her arms for what? For the sake of man kind. The man kind that killed her kind for being different. Not truly understanding that they were special keepers, keepers of time. 

"Minzy," Seunghyun called her back to the present as he took her hands in his. 

"Seunghyun," Minzy's eyes snapped open as she nearly leapt out of her seat and into his arms. 

Being in his arms, the soft manly scent of his cologne stirred something deep within. The warm welcoming of his strong hold made her insides melt. Pulling away, she placed her hand over her chest as she felt some odd kind of pressure there. Streaks of pain and heartache colored her mind as an image of her walking away from Seunghyun. Deep down she wanted him to reach out to her or even call her name to come back, but he didn't. He let her go. He let her walk away from him to face the cold reality all on her own. What was the use of having powers when she couldn't be with the ones she loved? What was the use of her living on like she did when not even Seunghyun was going to accept her and her true feelings for him.

"Minzy where are you going," he panicked as she got up to leave.

"I...I don't want to remember," she couldn't look him in the eyes as she headed to the door.

Hissing to herself for being a jerk and passing by her good friends, she stayed strong as she focused on her main goal to get out of there. Bracing herself for the down pour of rain, she took a deep breath before pushing the door open. Taking a step forward she was stopped by strong arms that quickly wrapped around her waist and pulled her back into a strong embrace.

"Don't go," he breathed into her hair as he held her tight against him. "Close your eyes," he whispered. Doing what was asked of her, she closed her eyes and felt a cool breeze brush past her. He gave her hands an encouraging squeeze to open her eyes and she gasped at the scene before her. Holding her in his arms, he pressed his lips against her ear and whispered, "Can we rewrite our story?"

Minzy stood quietly as she watched herself from a distance. The pain and heartache looked worse in person. Seeing herself crying and wanting to walk away and forget everything was odd. Though she was in the arms of the man she loved she still wanted to watch herself walk away. She stood in a trance as she watced herself turn away from him but then there was something else she noticed. She wasn't the only one who was in pain or with heartache written all over her face, he had the same look.

"I wanted nothing more to reach out and stop you for my selfish reasons of keeping you by my side, but I was too much of a coward. I figured out after replaying this moment over again that you did want me to stop you, but by that time it was too late. You were gone," the last part of what he said spoke words of deep sadness.

Watching as time and everything froze, she had to ask, "How long?"

"How long what," he asked as he watched them flash next to their past selves.

"How long have you been looking for me," she asked as she continued to stare at Seunghyun's past frozen self standing before her. She couldn't get past the look of sorrow in his face.

"Over the centuries, who knew you walking away from me you would stay stuck in this time period," he chuckled at his long journey of searching.

Turning around in his arms, she embraced in with tears flowing down her cheeks, "Thank you for not giving up on me."

Embracing her tightly he couldn't stop the smile that formed at his lips, "I couldn't even if I wanted to."

She chuckled at his lame timing of joking around. Gazing up she matched his smile through her tears, "You're so cheesy!"

"Isn't that how you like it," he wiggled his thick eye brows at her.

She coughed a laugh and squeezed him tighter, "I like my food cheesy not my men..." She quickly shut dreading the fact that she slightly gave away the fact that she liked him.

"Hmm," he hummed as his gaze intensifed. Descending down towards her, he pressed his lips against hers. Kissing her with all the strength and power he possessed, she could've sworn bright lights were bursting all around them. His lips were better than she had imagined. The way his lips worked against hers was stronger than any super power and deeper than anything she felt before. The soft chaste kiss he left before pulling away, had her lips tingling with the heated passion they had just shared.

"Uh..." she was at loss for words as she tried to figure out how to speak.

"Your man tastes better than cheese, doesn't he," he smirked as he winked at her.

Giggling at his teasing, she threw her arms around his neck and shrugged, "I don't know, it seems like a tie."

"Ouch way to kill a guy's ego," he pouted.

"Shut up and give me another one of those cheesy kisses," she rolled her eyes before tip toeing to press her lips against his once more.

 

Author's Notes:

Bwahahaha...I seriously have an odd mind. Only I would write a fluffly fluff to a really sad song. This fic was inspired by Big Bang's-Loser. Aish I don't even know. Hope you all enjoyed!