A SuJu Valentine

A SuJu Valentine

 

It's Valentine's day!

 

Everyone is getting all sweet and romantic and going out with their special someone. And the SuJu boys aren't any different.

 

Siwon, Yesung, Ryeowook, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Shindong, Heechul, Eunhyuk and Sungmin are discussing their plans for the special day. The others [Henry, Zhou Mi, Hangeng, Kangin and Kibum] can't make it today because they all have schedules.

 

"Omona! What am I gonna do for Hana? I don't want to sing, it seems so obvious and natural. I want to do something else, something different that will surprise  her," Kyuhyun wailed, though not really intending it.

 

"Me too, dongsaeng," Leeteuk agreed wistfully and sighed.

 

"Why don't you wanna sing? I'm thinking of doing a dance video for Hye Ri. You know, just some of my best moves." Eunkyung suggested, and did a couple of minor hand movements.

 

"Aish, Hyukie hyung!" Ryeowook groaned. "I wanted to do that! Gosh, now I have to think up of something else to do. Maybe weird stuff like washing Ae Cha's car would appeal better than nothing."

 

"Yah, it may be kinda weird, but the gesture is sweet, don't you think?" Shindong said while taking a bite out of his waffle and making Ryeowook think.

 

"Kekekeke. I already have plans. I'm taking Jooyeon out today." Siwon said proudly, puffing out his chest.

 

"I already arranged my surprise for Minjung too. Oh, Leeteuk hyung, I put your air pump back," Yesung said, thumb-pointing Leeteuk's room.

 

"Mwo? You already have plans?! Since when did you set that up?" said Donghae, aghast.

 

"A couple of weeks."

 

"Jeez, Siwon-ah, excited much? Why is everyone getting all gaga over this sort-of holiday?" Heechul said and rolled his eyes, the diva.

 

"Hee, aren't you gonna do anything for *ahem* YunJae *ahem*" Leeteuk said, faking coughs just to annoy the heck out of the younger boy.

 

"Hyung! I TOLD you, YunJae is JUST a friend, arasso?" Heechul said, half-rising from his seat.

 

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Leeteuk said dissmissively and looked over at Sungmin, who was sitting beside him and humming. "Sungmin-ah, whatcha doin?"

 

Sungmin was kinda disoriented. "Hmm? Oh, I'm just, you know, composing something, for Bobae. I know she likes a good song," He said and checked his watch. "In fact, I'll be going now. I have things to set up." He rose and bowed and left.

 

Siwon rose too. "I'm going too. Donghae-yah, you need a lift?"

 

Donghae rubbed the back of his neck. "Actually, hyung, I have a short morning class, then I'm meeting Eunkyung at the gym and-!"

 

Eunhyuk cuts in. "That means you're riding with me!" He said excitedly. "I'll be doing my filming at the auditorium."

 

"Oh, a-arasso..."

 

Eunhyuk went to start the car, and Donghae soon followed. Yesung stood to leave also, saying he'll be at the park. That leaves Leeteuk, Heechul, Ryeowook, Shindong and Kyuhyun at the table.

 

"I wish I knew what to do..." Kyuhyun said and lowered his head under his arms. Ryeowook put a consoling arm around him.

 

"Pfffft... Oh well, I'm gonna walk around and try to come up with an idea." Leeteuk went to his room and went out shortly with his camera. He bid them goodbye and left.

 

"Kyu, you gonna be ok here with Shindong hyung and Heechul hyung?" Ryeowook asked.

 

"Waeyo?" came Kyuhyun's muffled voice from under his arms.

 

"I'll go see what I can do for Ae Cha."

 

"Oh. Arasso, I'll be fine. See you, Wookie hyung." came Kyu's answer, still muffled.

 

When Ryeowook has left, the three boys left stared at space till Shindong broke the silence.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, you're pretty creative. Why don't you make something?"

 

Kyuhyun's eyes lit up. "That's it! Omo, hyung, gomawo!"

 

"Come with me to the school. Aish, I should have thought of this sooner. We could've rode with Hae and Hyuk..." Shindong said as he rubbed his hair.

 

"Heechul hyung, you going to be ok here?" Kyuhyun said quietly.

 

"You can go," Hee said, rather coldly and annoyed. "I also might leave later anyway."

 

"Oh... Ok..." said Kyuhyun said and joined Shindong.

 

As Kyu joined Shindong, Hee heard Shin say, "It's just one of his mood swings, don't worry."

 

When they finally left, silence fell.

 

"Why does everyone go all googly and giggly on Valentine's day?" Heechul asked himself aloud. He thought about the others and their plans. 'Should I do something for YunJae too? I may have a cold heart sometimes, but I care too, you know. But what will I do?'

 

Heechul decided to walk around the streets too, like Teukie. 'This might do me good...'

 

On Siwon's side of the story, he and Jooyeon are just walking together around the park, oposite the part where Yesung is. Then Siwon saw that Jooyeon's sneaker laces got loose.

 

"Jooyeon-ah, your laces are untied."

 

"Oh, jinjja?" Jooyeon looked down at her shoes. "Oh neh, they are." She bent down to tie them, but Siwon got there first.

 

"Oh, I'll do it." Siwon got down on one knee and tied her laces in a perfect ribbon.

 

"Siwon-ah, gomawo," Jooyeon said and smiled sweetly. Siwon felt himself go red as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

 

Yesung, meanwhile, has a bunch of helium balloons in cute a mellow colors and giving them to every kid that passes by. Yesung had remembered how Minjung likes kids and balloons. Soon, his girl came along.

 

"Yesungie! Aigoo, what are you doing?" Minjung asked, clearly amused as Yesung patted a little girl's head gently as he gave her a balloon.

 

"Giving out balloons!" Yesung replied with a chuckle. "You want one?"

 

Minjung giggled. "Arasso. Do I get to choose?"

 

"Sure!"

 

Minjung paused, then pointed to a baby pink balloon. "That one!" She said, like a little kid.

 

Yesung nodded and whispered, "I thought so." Then he let go of all the other balloons and handed Minjung the one she pointed at. Yesung was holding it in a peculiar way. Minjung squinted at it and blushed and smiled shyly.

 

At the end of the string was a silver diamond ring, and Yesung was smiling as he held it out to her.

 

Ryeowook, on the other hand, had strolled by the university Ae Cha went to. She didn't really have a class, but she was studying for an upcoming test. Ryeo saw her apple green Volkswagen parked by the curb. He remembered his corny idea of washing her car, and Shin saying that the gesture is really sweet. 'Maybe Shindong hyung is right.' He grinned as he got a pail, a huge sponge, and a water hose, and started washing the car. He kept on looking toward the building lest Ae Cha should come so soon. 'Hope this works, Shin hyung!'

 

Donghae was dropped off by Eunhyuk an hour ago, and right now he's having his PE class, just a short session of basketball. After that, he showered and dressed in a new pair of jerseys. He waited for the gym to be empty before taking a good seat at the bleachers. He had taken a rose from Heechul's bouquet [secretly, of course!] and is thinking of a creative way to give it to Eunkyung [who, by the way, is Hyuk's sister]. He tried a few magic tricks of making the rose appear, and laughed at himself. 'However am I going to do this?' He thought.

 

Kyuhyun and Shindong had walked into the same school where Hae and Hyuk were, but the building is so big that might not even see each other. Both boys went into a classroom, but as Shindong seated himself comfortably on a desk beside the art shelf, Kyuhyun got a bunch of pink and red art paper, plus some of the other colors and was making his way to the door.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, where are you going? We just got here," Shindong asked.

 

Kyuhyun turned with his eyes shining and his mouth smiling big. "I'm off to make a creative thingy for Hana. You staying here, hyung?"

 

"Oh~ Ok. Yeah, I'm staying here. Take care of yourself. Annyeong."

 

Kyuhyun bowed and got out. He went to Hana's favorite restaurant and talked with the owner. He knew that Hana always came here for a snack in the afternoon and is bound to see what he's going to make for her.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Ahjusshi, could I ask you for a favor?" Kyuhyun asked politely as he bowed.

 

"What can I do for the Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior?" The owner said.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. "May I borrow the wall just outside the restaurant?" The restaurant's outside wall was bare and smooth.

 

"Why's that?"

 

Kyu blushed. "I-I wanted to, you know, make something for, er, Hana."

 

"Oh...!" The owner laughed. "Sure, sure, it may even stay as a decoration if it were very good. You'd like to work on it now, neh?"

 

"Neh. Kamsahamnida," Kyuhyun bowed and set to work, sticking the papers on the wall. 'This is so cool!'

 

Leeteuk had crossed most of the city and still couldn't find anything to do. Suddenly he saw Kyuhyun, working on something busily at a restaurant. 'What's that about?'

 

He went and approached Kyu.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah!"

 

"Hyung! What's up?"

 

"What are you doing there?"

 

"Take a look!"

 

He made way for Teuki to see his project. He saw the wall plastered properly with art paper. Red and pink paper formed a huge heart like a mosaic.

 

"Wow~ Kyuhyunie, this is amazing!"

 

"How 'bout you, hyung, have you thought of anything? Wait, who are you planning to treat, anyway?"

 

"Uhm, uh... She... uh..." Leeteuk stammered. Kyuhyun laughed.

 

"Hyung, who is it?"

 

"J-Junghee."

 

"Junghee noona? Good choice, hyung," said Kyuhyun with a smirk as he continued sticking paper on the wall.

 

"Don't tease me, you! I really have no idea what to do..."

 

"Pictures are always nice, espacially if they mean something."

 

Leeteuk's eyebrows rose. His eyes shined. He grinned.

 

"I know! Kyuhyun-ah, could I take a picture of your heart?"

 

"You'll have to operate me to do that."

 

"Anii~! Your heart project!"

 

"Oh! Kekekeke... Sure, hyung."

 

Leeteuk took a good pic of Kyuhyun's wall and left. 'A bunch of hearts. Nice one, Kyu,' he thought.

 

Meanwhile, Heechul somehow found himself in the university library with a small stationary store inside it. He browsed at the cards, and paused as he one caught his eye. It was simple, a plain white cardboard, and the heart on it looked like twisted candy. It reminded him of YunJae. 'YunJae has always liked candies and simple things.' He paid for the card and sat on the carpeted floor with his back leaning to a bookshelf. Then he stared at the card.

 

"What am I gonna do with this?" Heechul thought aloud.

 

"With what?"

 

Hee looked up and saw Ae Cha, Ryeo's crush. She was taking out a book from a shelf.

 

"Yah, Heechul-oppa, what brings you here? Is YunJae around?"

 

Heechul gritted his teeth. "Yah, I heard Ryeo was waiting for you outside. Have you gone and checked?"

 

Ae Cha looked out. From here she could just see her car, but not Ryeowook. Luckily he was cleaning the left side of the car.

 

"Hmm? He's not there. Are you playing with me?"

 

"I'm not."

 

Ae Cha looked at him skeptically and left. Heechul then concentrated and started to write. After a few moments, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

"Can't a chap be left alone for just a freakin' minute?!" He said as he looked up. Leeteuk stared back at him with a frown on his face. At this point they were both speaking in whispers.

 

"Yah, Heechul-ah, mind your manners."

 

"Oh, hyung, I didn't know it was you."

 

Leeteuk shrugged. "You got any hearts here?"

 

"Of course I have a heart! Right here!" Heechul said sarcastically and pointed to his chest.

 

"No! As in, heart!" He whispered wildly, making a heart-shape with his hands. "Your card! May I take a picture of it?"

 

In answer to the favor, Heechul held out his card and Leeteuk took a picture of it. The older boy bowed in thanks and left.

 

'What was that about?' thought Hee, shrugged, and went back to writing.

 

Leeteuk continued to go around, finding his friends or other things that have the heart icon. He went to the school Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Shindong are hanging around in. He first dropped by the auditorium.

 

While everyone was scurrying about outside, Eunhyuk had set up a video camera atop a tripod, set a radio blasting, and is dancing real suave with his polo shirt ed and flying with the wind from the fan behind the tripod. When he had finished a sample, he heard clapping from among the audience seats. He looked to see his Leeteuk hyung smirking at him.

 

"Smooth and suave, Hyukie," said Leeteuk as he climbed onto the stage.

 

"Hyung?! How'd you get here?" Eunhyuk said, clearly surprised.

 

"Through the door. Why not include a rap onto that?"

 

"Good idea. Gomawo."

 

"Got any hearts here?" Eunhyuk was about to point to his chest just like Kyuhyun and Heechul did when Leeteuk grabbed his wrist. "And not the one in your chest!"

 

"Oh, that kind of heart. No, I don't have any. Ask Donghae. He's in the gym right now, maybe. Mianhae."

 

"Gwenchana. Work on that. It's already good," Leeteuk said as he jogged right out of there. Eunhyuk waved at him and played a new song.

 

In the gym, Donghae has been working on magic tricks for the last half hour. Leeteuk silently watched as Hae tried a new trick and burst out laughing. Donghae looked over to his direction, stood and squinted.

 

"Hyung! What are you doing here? And what's so funny?" Hae asked.

 

"You are! What do you think you're doing?" Leeteuk asked in between fits of laughter.

 

"Thinking of a creative way to give this to Eunkyung."

 

"Tell you what, why not just give it the natural way? It's usually sweeter."

 

Donghae thought for a bit. "Hyung, gomawo."

 

"So, do you have any hearts here? And not the-"

 

"No, sorry. Shindong hyung texted me a while ago. He said he was here, in the art room. Why not check there?"

 

"You got what I was talking about?"

 

"Which one?"

 

"About the heart."

 

"Why wouldn't I?"

 

"Heechul-ah, Kyuhyun-ah, and Eunhyuk-ah didn't. They all thought of the real heart. The one in the chest."

 

Donghae laughed. "Maybe they were just kidding around you, hyung."

 

Leeteuk shrugged and said goodbye. Donghae thanked him again.

 

In the art room, Shindong was quietly working on an art project. He had glitters, paper, and a glue bottle on his desk. Every now and then he would pause and admire his progress, checking if he made any mistakes. Leeteuk walked silently, and clamped his arm on Shindong's shoulder.

 

"That looks really good, Shin!" Leeteuk said in awe, obviously impressed.

 

"Jinjja?"

 

They both gazed at the green paper. It had a silver layer of glitters in the shape of a heart and another layer of gold halfway done.

 

"Neh." Leeteuk said. "May I take a picture of it?"

 

"It's not done yet."

 

"Gwenchana. It's art." Leeteuk positioned it so that sunlight got caught on it and sparkled. Click!

 

"Gomawo, Shindong-ah."

 

"See you later, hyung."

 

Leeteuk went all around the city. He saw teeny hearts on potted plants and walls and trees. At the end of the day he got a fair number of hearts in different designs. He passed Sungmin once, but he appeared so busy that Teuki didn't bother saying hello.

 

Sungmin had set up a borrowed keyboard and an amplifier, and was practicing a new song. It was really good, and really relevant to the holiday.

 

As the day ended and couples started going home, each SuJu boy had had a great day with their girls. They all met up for dinner at the comfort of their dorm and told of their Valentine's day.

 

"Hana really loved that heart wall design I made for her. And to think that just this morning I didn't even know what to do!" Kyuhyun said with a hearty laugh. Leeteuk passed around his camera for the others to see Kyu's wallpaper design. They all nodded approval.

 

"I showed Hye Ri the video I shot. I included a rap segment with my dance, just like Leeteuk hyung suggested. Hye Ri blushed [now that was cute]. I mean, who could resist me, my body, and my moves, right?" Eunhyuk told with a proud smirk.

 

"When Ae Cha got out of the university, I just finished cleaning myself up after washing her car. She was really grateful for it. Shindong hyung was right," Ryeowook said, sending a smile toward Shin, who smiled back. "She also mentioned to have seen Heechul hyung in the library."

 

Heechul was silent. He didn't want to tell them about his day just yet. He felt kinda shy about it. So he said, "Yeah, we did meet up there. Yah, Shindong-ah, what have you been up to?"

 

Shindong swallowed his spoonful of soup and said, "I made an artwork. It was a heart with three layers of glitter. The innermost was silver, the next was gold, and the last was pink. The word 'LOVE' was in the middle. Gwiboon loved it." Shindong turned pink as Leeteuk showed them the heart. They all congratulated him.

 

"How about you, Siwon-ah?" Leeteuk asked as Kyuhyun was admiring the heart Shindong made.

 

"Oh, you know. We had a simple date. We walked, talked... Oh you all know how a simple date goes, right? Yah, Yesung-ah, we saw you giving out balloons once. Why the sudden gentleness?" Siwon teased.

 

"Note: I'm always gentle. But Minjung once said how much she liked kids and balloons. Well, I tied a ring to her favorite balloon and surprised her with it. Minjung loved it, of course," Yesung explained.

 

"That's so creative!" Donghae said. "I planned to give Eunkyung a rose in a creative way. But all the "magic" tricks I tried kind of failed. So Leeteuk hyung just told me to give it the normal way. She said it was really sweet. Teukie hyung was right."

 

"Of course!" Leeteuk said proudly.

 

"Wait. Where'd you get that rose?" Heechul asked with alarm in his voice.

 

"Uhm... Uh... In... In your bouquet, hyung..." Donghae answered cautiously.

 

Heechul paused for a bit, his face not betraying any emotion. Then, he let go of a light-hearted laugh. "Gwenchana, Hae! Just don't get any more roses, arasso?" Donghae heaved a sigh of relief and nodded.

 

"So how did your day go, Teukie hyung?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Well, I walked around the city, taking pictures of all the heart icons I find. When I finally met Junghee, I showed her the pictures. She absolutely loved it." Leeteuk said. He passed his camera again and they all took turns checking the pics. "Sungmin-ah, let us hear your song."

 

Sungmin smiled as he plugged a recorder to the radio. "The title is No Other." They listened to the sweet melody. It really fit the day.

 

"I'm guessing Bobae loved it," Heechul said.

 

"I mean, why not, right?" Eunhyuk said. To him it was the most obvious thing in the world at the moment.

 

"Yah, Heechul-ah, what about you? I saw you in the library, and you had a card. What was that for?" Leeteuk asked slyly. The rest of them leaned forward, expecting the story.

 

"Hyung, I thought you didn't like this holiday." Ryeowook said.

 

"I can change my mind, can't I?" snapped Heechul.

 

"Calm down, Hee, just tell us," Leeteuk said.

 

"Well, I thought over and thought maybe YunJae didn't deserve to be forgotten on this day. So I bought the simplest and cutest card there is [she likes simplicity] and spent all day thinking of what to write and writing. Just when I finished writing, I saw YunJae get in the library. I texted her, and said, 'Meet me here in the fiction section, JaeJae goon.' She consented and when she got to where I was, I shyly gave her my card."

 

"JaeJae goon?" Eunhyuk asked, amused.

 

"She's so much like a boy anyway. And besides, in her phone my name there is Lady HeeHee."

 

They all laughed. What a dozen ways to celebrate Valentine's day, huh? :)