the last time

How to Love a Girl

chapter seven


 

Taeyeon was happily a lollipop whilst browsing her Instagram feed. She was in the student lounge and the coast was clear; it was just her and Lay at the back, reading a Sci-Fi novel once again. She was scrolling down when all of a sudden, a photo of Leeteuk surfaced on her phone.

“Holy .”

It was Leeteuk beside a girl with medium-length hair. She was apparently Korean just like Leeteuk. They were sharing a cup of coffee at a hotel. The photo had a caption which intrigued Leeteuk’s friends. It said, “Best coffee. Best girl.”

Taeyeon just stared at the photo blankly. It seems like Leeteuk forgot how much time had just passed after their breakup. It was not that she was hurt, but she was mad. She knew how Leeteuk’s eyes would glimmer at the sight of something he likes or loves. And now, it could be seen at that Instagram post. But sadly, his eyes did not glimmer at her anymore. It glimmered for another girl, someone she knew nothing of.

Just then, someone tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder. She looked behind her shoulder and saw the ever-smiling Kim Ryeowook.

“Hi,” Ryeowook greeted her.

“Sit,” Taeyeon invited him.

Ryeowook did as he was told. He just entered the lounge after seeing Leeteuk’s Instagram post. He was worried about Taeyeon since everybody in school started gossiping about the photo. It seemed like Leeteuk and Taeyeon’s relationship became a lame joke for everyone.

Taeyeon passed her phone towards the skinny guy and said, “What’s this?”

Ryeowook’s heart broke upon seeing the said photo. He looked at Taeyeon, who look pretty much agitated and said, “It’s actually what you think. But Leeteuk says it’s still a special friendship stage. Her name is Kang Sora. And I came here to tell you nothing but the truth. Leeteuk told us to never let you know, but the damned idiot forgot to make new social accounts.”

“It’s not that I’m still bitter over Leeteuk or something. I finally learned to let go of him after a month and a half. But I can’t believe he just replaced me right there and then. It makes my blood boil. You get that feeling? Because of this, I’d totally believe that he just played with me. I want answers, Ryeong. I want answers to this ,” Taeyeon replied.

Lay slowly put down his book and glanced at the two. With the tone of their voices, Lay knew something was wrong. So, he texted Baekhyun.

“I know this isn’t the right time yet, Taeyeon-ah. And I know that deep down Leeteuk-hyung’s heart, you’re still there. He loved you for real. But maybe now, it won’t work for the two of you anymore,” Ryeowook squeezed Taeyeon’s palm.

Taeyeon began to cry. She fought so hard not to let her tears slide, but it did without warning.

“Just cry. It’s just the two of us right now. Heechul won’t know. Nobody will talk about your tarnished relationship anymore. Just let it out. I know how hard it is for you right now,” Ryeowook told her.

Taeyeon decided to talk about all the hurt she experienced. After two years, the guy she loved ran away to a faraway place and hung out with a new girl. Who wouldn’t feel bad about that?

A few minutes later, Baekhyun arrived at the scene. Ryeowook stood up upon seeing him. Baekhyun gave him the “What-did-you-do-to-her” look.

Ryeowook shook his head and said, “I didn’t make her cry. I just wanted her to spill her feelings out. Now if you don’t mind, I still have a class to go to.”

The skinny guy wearing plaid hurriedly exited the student lounge before Baekhyun could question him. Seeing Baekhyun’s presence, Lay also went out and gave the two some peace and quiet.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked her as they sat together.

“I shouldn’t be crying for the same man again, but I’m just so hurt at the fact that he enjoys someone else’s company already. It didn’t take him such a long time to get over me and I find it so unfair,” Taeyeon buried her face under Baekhyun’s chest.

Baekhyun touched her hair and said, “I know that you feel like it’s so unfair to give him out that easily. But Taeyeon, you have a lot ahead of you. You’re so much better than this. And it’s Leeteuk’s fault for leaving you easily. He awfully lost an opportunity to love a girl and to be loved by a girl as amazing as you.”

“Thank you,” Taeyeon sniffed.

“I hope this is the last time I’ll see you cry again just because of that guy. You deserve better.”

 


 

 

[A/N]: THIS IS LIKE THE SHORTEST UPDATE I HAVE DONE IN MY WHOLE AFF LIFE XD I'M SORRY GUYS. BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER CAUSE THIS STORY WILL GET HIGHER. AND HIGHER. AND HIGHER.

HAHAHAHA PLS FORGIVE ME FOR THE CAPSLOCK TOO

I LOVE YOU GUYS ;_;

AND I'M SO SO SORRY FOR HANGING YOU GUYS WITH BAEKYEON MOMENTS. DON'T WORRY, TAEYEON WON'T BE DENSE THE NEXT TIME. XD