she's the one

How to Love a Girl

How to Love a Girl

chapter 2


Baekhyun walked behind his friends. He was still thinking about Yeri and Joy’s advice.

“Is it really hard to love a girl?” Baekhyun thought to himself as he walked through a bunch of dried leaves along the path.

He looked around and saw Taeyeon and her boyfriend, Leeteuk. He felt his heart ache upon seeing them together. He shook his head and reminded himself that he doesn’t have a space in Taeyeon’s heart. But to his surprise, his body automatically froze on the spot and continued watching the couple from afar.

Baekhyun watched the two as they held each other’s hands. They were talking to each other under the tree.

“Hey, let’s go,” Sehun tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder.

He was finally back in his senses. He smiled at Sehun, pretending he didn’t see anything a few minutes ago. He joined the rest of the group.

----

Taeyeon leaned on Leeteuk’s broad shoulder. They were enjoying every second that passed by. The wind was blowing fairly against their bodies. Leeteuk loved the warmth of Taeyeon’s shoulder pressed slightly against his, but it was time to tell her the truth before she could hear it from another person.

“Taeyeon-ah, do you know why I’ve been absent for one whole week this month?” Leeteuk asked her out of the blue.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“I know that you have the right to know why. So I’m going to tell you this. I’m leaving for New York next week. For good,” Leeteuk said, swallowing between each word.

Taeyeon sat up straight and looked at him, “You’re not joking. Aren’t you?”

“This is not a prank. I’m telling you the truth. My parents have been fixing everything. And they think that it’s about time to leave South Korea,” Leeteuk explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Taeyeon raised her voice.

Seeing that there were many students nearby, Leeteuk tried to hush her.

“You should’ve told me so that I can prepare myself! This is so unfair. You know that I hate long distance relationships. But most of all, I hate surprises like this one,” she said.

“I know. And that’s why I kept it a secret from you. I don’t want to hurt you. And I don’t want us to break up,” Leeteuk squeezed her hand lightly.

“If you don’t want us to break up, you should’ve told me so that I could see what I can do. You’re so stupid, Park Leeteuk. What is wrong with you? How could I trust you when you’re being like this?” the girl said, trying to hold back the tears forming in her eyes. She already sensed that there was something Leeteuk was busy with. Little did she know that it was his papers for migration.

“I’m sorry,” Leeteuk bowed his head down.

“You’re sorry? Well, news flash Leeteuk: I’m sorry because I call it quits. You have no idea how much this hurts,” Taeyeon stood up and wore her messenger bag over her shoulder.

The petite girl ran away with tears in her eyes. She ran as fast as she could, not caring how exhausting it may get. She wanted her feet to lead the way. She felt so betrayed. How could her 2-year boyfriend tell her that he’s leaving for good in the next week to come? She got his point clearly, but why tell her when it’s already too late to think things over?

 

All those hugs… all those kisses… all those presents… what were those for?

 


 

 

Baekhyun opened the door of the auditorium carefully. Having finished his classes, he needed some time with the school’s grand piano. He ran down the aisle, only to hear a weeping girl sitting on one of those red seats for the audience. He looked at the girl whose black hair was covering her face. In a split second, he recognized her immediately.

He stood there and examined the crying Kim Taeyeon. Just as he watched her closely, he remembered the trending issue that bothered him this morning.

 

“Ya! Did you know? Taeng-unnie and Leeteuk-oppa broke up yesterday!”

“Aigoo. What a shame. I thought they were perfect for each other.”

“Is it because oppa is leaving for New York?”

“You see, long distance relationships won’t last long.”

“But distance wouldn’t matter if the person really matters. Right?”

 

Baekhyun slowly made his way unto one of the seats and sat down beside Taeyeon. He cleared his throat and said, “Are you okay, Taeyeon-ssi?”

Taeyeon didn’t respond. She could see Baekhyun from her bangs.

Baekhyun handed her his checkered handkerchief. He knew that she needed it. Taeyeon took it and wiped her face drenched with tears.

“Please. Leave me alone,” Taeyeon pleaded.

“According to my friends, a girl saying ‘Leave me alone’ is telling you to ‘stay’. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you. I’m just going to play a few tunes if that would be okay with you. When words fail, music speaks,” Baekhyun said as he stood up.

Her eyes trailed him as he got up onstage to play the piano. His fingers jumped around the ebony and ivory keys.

 

I’m struggling to find you who I cannot see
I’m struggling to find you who I cannot hear
I see things that I couldn’t see before
I hear things that I couldn’t hear before
After you left me, I have grown a power that I didn’t have before


 

He sang with all his heart, hoping that this song could soothe her from all the pain. Upon hearing him sing, Taeyeon cried even more. All her memories with Leeteuk were coming back in the back of her head. Baekhyun’s heart broke upon glancing at her as he sang.

When the song came to an end, Baekhyun went back to where Taeyeon was seated. Taeyeon never had anyone to talk to about how she really feels about the recent breakup. Her friends were busy and she didn’t want to bother them although they showed concern. Plus, who would understand her anyway?

Taeyeon leaned against Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun said, “It’s okay to cry no matter how embarrassing it may be. Let it out. I’m here.”

 


 

Chen, Baekhyun and Sehun were hanging out at Baekhyun’s humble home for the weekend. Sehun and Baekhyun were busy playing with Baekhyun’s playstation set whilst Chen was busy texting his ladylove, Bomi.

Chen sang to his smartphone like he was some kind of idiot. Sehun, whose eyes were on the screen the whole time, complained about the new, improved, and inspired Kim Jongdae.

“You’re sending voice messages again? Oh, please. You should shut up, Chen. I bet Bomi will just get bored with you,” Sehun said.

“You’re just jealous,” Chen laughed under his breath.

Just as their game was rising to a higher level, Baekhyun’s phone made a sound. Baekhyun paused the game. Sehun groaned.

Hi. I just want to thank you for being there for me when I was at my ugliest. Kekekeke~

You’re really good at playing the piano! Take my advice: play in front of a crowd next time.

And oh, Baekhyun… I forgot to return your handkerchief. I should have it washed. Haha. Hope you’re having a good day today.

Sehun took a peek as Baekhyun typed his response. He groaned again in disbelief.

“What is up with you and all that groaning, Oh Sehun?” Chen said, partly annoyed.

“You guys are so in love!” Sehun exclaimed.

“Why? What’s up with Baekhyun?” Chen jumped off from the couch and took a peek of Baekhyun’s phone.

“So, I guess Leeteuk-sunbaenim and Taeyeon’s breakup has a positive effect on you, Baek,” Chen uttered.

“Well, it has. But it hurts to see her hurt a lot,” Baekhyun admitted.

“Oh,” the two other guys said in unison.

 


 

The boys of the short film company met up in a bubble tea house. Baekhyun was ready with the script he made one night while thinking about the unsure young woman crying in the auditorium. He had a plan outlined in his mind. And the first step in his plan included the script and the whole short film itself.

With a delighted grin, Kyungsoo passed the script to Suho and said, “I have read the whole thing and it’s beautiful. Baekhyun, I want you to tell the whole club about the plot.”

Baekhyun cleared his throat. Everyone paid attention to him.

“The plot goes like this… one day, newly-turned couple Sasha and John were happily dating in the park. However, Sasha seems to be so unsure and worried about her feelings. She had this long crush on someone before John and she’s afraid that loving John would be a wrong choice. But John wakes up every day, lives every day just to prove to her that their relationship is worth a chance. He does his best to prove to her that love is a choice you’ll never regret,” Baekhyun summarized the script he wrote.

“Sasha and John. Nice names,” Kai commented.

“Love is a choice you’ll never regret. Perfect quote for the movie poster,” Lay said.

“How does this relate to the idea that there are still gentlemen existing in this world?” Suho asked.

“I wrote many scenarios wherein John becomes a perfect gentleman just like the ones the ladies dream of in the movies. And oh, before the whole story… I would like to have at least 10 girls interviewed and a pair of grandparents who love each other unconditionally,” Baekhyun responded.

Tao rolled his eyes towards Baekhyun, “How are we gonna find grandparents who love each other unconditionally?”

“We’ll have to search thoroughly, then. Nothing’s impossible,” Chanyeol responded.

“I want Kai to do the lead. But this time the girl shouldn’t be Seulgi,” Baekhyun commanded.

“Kyungsoo, don’t you ever listen to him! I want Seulgi to be-“

“He’s right,” Kyungsoo agreed, “Let’s hold auditions for the female lead.”

“Good idea. Including the extra characters,” Suho said as he flipped through the pages of the script.

 


 

Despite being in an air-conditioned room, Chanyeol, Suho, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s foreheads had beads of sweat trickling down the sides of their faces. It has been 2 hours since they welcomed auditionees, but they didn’t seem to like any of them. Kai was calmly sitting in the middle of the room, unsatisfied with the auditions.

There were ladies who almost aced the role, but the boys couldn’t seem to agree with each other.

Kai recalled each of the ladies who tried their best to show what a Sasha-material is. There was one girl who had thick eyeglasses and braces on her teeth, wore a shirt with Kai’s face on it and a dirty pair of Chuck’s. She was a freshman who secretly loved Kai from afar that she became a little bit crazy when it was her turn to audition. She hugged Kai, smelled Kai and said, “I love you so much Kai!” But Kai looked really disgusted.

A hot chick from the Psychology department tried out for the role, but she was too flirty. Her looks would be perfect (not to mention her oversized s), but how she acted made Seulgi crash in the room upon sneaking and yell, “Ya!”

There were average girls. There were theatre majors. There were totally worse actresses. All these made Kyungsoo’s round eyes grow even rounder.

Chanyeol welcomed the 15th girl, but was definitely surprised to see the recently wrecked Kim Taeyeon as he opened the door.

“Guys, this is the 15th. We still have two girls left before we close,” Chanyeol informed everyone in the room.

The bored judges lifted their faces upon hearing Taeyeon say, “Annyeonghasseyo.”

Her voice was like a mixtape for Baekhyun. He automatically lifted his head up and blushed upon seeing her.

“Taeyeon-ssi!” Suho called her in delight.

“I had nothing to do. I wanted to try something new,” Taeyeon shyly said.

“Show us what you’ve got by acting like an unsure girlfriend who does PDA with her boyfriend,” Kyungsoo said, not wasting any time.

Taeyeon stepped up and did as what she was told. She did an amazing performance by trying to look unsure. She held Kai’s hand and acted like a really clingy girlfriend.

The judges applauded. Suho nudged at Baekhyun and said, “I think she’s perfect.”

“She’s the one,” Baekhyun whispered.


 

[A/N]: Thank you so much for subscribing guys! Hope you liked this chapter. I want to have flooded notifications about this story! :) I hope you can give it an upvote too :)