Mistake

Mistakes and Betrayals

"No. No no NO!" This can't be happening. 

 
"You. You killed him!" He screamed out turning to the panting man a few feet away. "You. Killed. Him! Why? He never did anything to you!" Yi Fan screamed, sobbing. Turning back to his lover on the floor once again, flicking the wet bangs from his face. Rain was pouring down from the gaping hole in the ceiling, drenching everything and anything it could get its hands on.
 
"No no" he whispers, turning around once again, his gaze fell on the man's face. "I can't forgive you for this. I can't." Yi Fan says, voice turning cold as he bores his eyes into the man's. 
 
The man, still panting, lifts his head to get a better view. He blinks and next thing he knows, Yi Fan is lunging towards him. The man is caught off guard. 
 
"I'm here. I'm here. You're going to be okay. We are going to be okay.
 
Yi Fan is throwing punches at the man but he keeps backing up. "Coward. You're a coward, Chanyeol!" 
 
"It's okay that's all I wanted, you're here now. Baby stop-ah- crying"
 
"Zi-Zi Tao"
 
"Coward stop dodging and FIGHT ME." Yi Fan screams as he throws punch after punch. Yet Chanyeol still is dodging, ducking, backing up. 
 
"I'm glad that I was part of your life, even though it was for a short amount of time."
 
"Baby.."
 
"I love you. I love you Yi Fan. I'm -ah- sorry that I -ah- never told you." Zi Tao says as he draws in a breathe of air. 
 
"AHHHHH.  YOU COWARD!" Yi Fan sees the bloody knife. The one Chanyeol used to kill Zi Tao. A memory flashes before his eyes. Him running past the door frame, seeing Chanyeol take the knife out of Zi Tao. He dives for the knife and grips it. Turning back to Chanyeol
 
"Zi Tao baby wake up please! I love you. Oh god! I love you. Baby wake up. Wake up so I can tell you I love you!" 
 
Yi Fan lunges forward. Chanyeol takes a step back and almost falls. He looks over his shoulder and sees the dark pit. He realizes he is on the  edge of the broken platform. He looks back to Yi Fan and sees he's only an arm's length away. He could either let Yi Fan hit him and send them both falling to their deaths or he can tackle Yi Fan to the floor and have the knife plunge into his heart. He doesn't think and closes his eyes. 
 
 
"OOF!" Yi Fan lets out as he hits the floor. He pushes Chanyeol off of him. Yi Fan sits up and walks over to Chanyeol and realizes they are so close to the edge. 
 
"Why Chanyeol why? Why did you kill Zi Tao?"
 
"Sh!t" Chanyeol says as he tries to catch his breath. Sh!t this hurts. Of course it will you dumb arse. There's a knife plunged into your chest. Chanyeol. Think for once " I-fk man- didn't kill him. Someone called me to meet him here. When I got here, Zi Tao was like that on the floor. He told-oh fken hell- he told me that the Kim's ordered this. He told me he did some digging on me and found out about the meeting that was going to take place. I guess the man mistook Zi Tao for me. Ah He told me to take out the knife because it was hurting him. If you don't believe your best friend check his car all the information is in there."
 
"Yeolie oh my god. I'm so sorry. Why didn't you  tell me? Why didn't you explain?" Why didn't you move out of the way? I deserved it!"
 
"You were in a state of shock to listen to me. If I moved, you would have fallen to your death."
 
"Don't you want me dead? After all I did? Don't you hate me?"
 
"I could never hate you. I loved you. I still do. I thought doing all those things would bring me closer to you, but I understand now. All those things pushed you away from me." Chanyeol said as he closed his tears filled eyes. He took a shuddering breath. "I'm sorry Yi Fan. I know I could never ask you for your forgiveness. I'm sorry. I love you. I always have."
 
Griping onto Chanyeol's hand, Yi Fan puts it on his year stained cheeks "Chanyeol, I forgive you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I loved you. I always have. You were my first love, Yeolie. Yeolie? Come on wake up. Please." Yi Fan no longer sees the painful rising and falling of his chest, the round eyes. "Yeolie.... Please. I'm sorry!! I loved you I still do do you hear me? Why?!" Yi Fan screams out and looks into the night sky. 
 
Rain pours down harder than before. Yi Fan grips the knife and slow takes it out. "Yeolie I'm so sorry." He looks over to Zi Tao and then at Chanyeol. He looks at the sky and plunges into his heart because it hurts so bad right now. 
 
And he falls backwards towards the floor right next to Chanyeol. He picks up his hand and puts it on Chanyeol's cold face. "I'm sorry. The only one I truly loved was you. The only one I ever loved was you. I tried to forget you when I was Zi Tao,b-but it hurt. It hurt because Zi Tao was not you. I hope that we would have a better love story somewhere else. In a another place. In another time. In another world. I love you Chanyeol." And he closes his eyes one last time
 
In another time. Another place. Another world. Let's meet again. For now, I hope we will meet in the place where we first meet. Where we both fell in love with each other. Our special place. The place only we know.