Blue

Rainbow puddles

Did someone order some cheese?

._.

Happy reading! :D


May 2015.

Hyesung was munching some delicious sesame cakes as he sat cross-legged on his bed in front of his laptop.

Despite the yummy delicacies, his frown kept getting deeper as he refreshed the web page again and again.

The hashtag celebrating his 10th solo anniversary had been trending on twitter for quite a while now – the numerous messages of his faithful fans filling his heart with warmth – but something important was missing.

There was nothing, no message alluding to it on ShinCom's official twitter page.

None, despite the fact that one of the two ShinCom CEOs, Eric Mun – the Shinhwa leader, and not to mention, his boyfriend – was in charge of updating it most of the time.

So, no need to say that Hyesung was mad. Very mad. He took a bite of another cake, pouting as he chewed.

He had been staring at his screen and the same blue twitter bird since he had come back from the café. When he had called Eric a couple of hours earlier, the rapper had barely reacted when Hyesung had mentioned that he would be going out later with his managers and friends to celebrate his solo anniversary. In fact, he hadn't said anything about it.

Hyesung knew the leader was proud of his solo career. Still... why hadn't he said anything? In private or in public?

Eric had been at the company the whole day – he also had a meeting tonight  concerning potential new dates for their tour and several things to prepare before their future concert – but Hyesung knew that Eric always took the time to check the social media every now and then, updating the company's twitter with the main news of the Shinhwa members when it was worth mentioning. So he had no excuses.

Hyesung clicked again on the refreshing button and suddenly started, eyes widening with hope and excitement for a few seconds, before glaring even more forcefully at the screen.

"I can't believe it! That lazy !" He hissed.

Eric had only retweeted the liveworks company's tweets that showed Hyesung's scanned letter to his fans and another video for his anniversary. That was it. No comment, no personal message.

Nothing.

"He is so sleeping on the couch tonight," Hyesung muttered, gritting his teeth.

As if he had heard his threat, the leader's name appeared on his phone, signalling the incoming call.

Hyesung waited until the call was nearly rejected, glaring at his phone. He didn't want to seem desperate. He definitely wasn't that desperate. Not at all.

Well, just a little, maybe. He took the call.

"What?" he greeted him gruffly. 
"Is my favorite neighbor home?" Eric asked him softly. 
"Yeah," Hyesung muttered after a few seconds, his annoyance deflating like a balloon as he heard the sweet, familiar voice.

Eric wasn't alone in the room, it seemed. Usually, when his boyfriend called him from work to annoy him, he didn't hesitate to use stupid love nicknames that embarrassed Hyesung to no end.

"When are you coming home?" he asked him, trying not to pout.

Eric sighed. He sounded exhausted.

"I don't know. As soon as I can," he nearly whispered. "We still have to discuss a few details about the concert in Shanghai and that should be it."
"I see," Hyesung said, feeling a little disappointed.

Having momentarily forgotten Eric's lack of social media skills, the singer remembered that he had hoped that they could celebrate his anniversary, just the two of them. But it was getting late.

"Did you eat?" Eric said.

Hyesung looked at his sesame cake and put it back on the coffee table next to him as if he had been burnt.

"No," he lied. "You?"
"Not yet. Let's eat together later?"
"Okay," Hyesung agreed, smiling.

They were silent for a couple of seconds, as if they could actually hear the other smiling, and then Eric whispered again.

"Can I ask you something?"
"Hm?" 
"I'd like something special for dessert."

Hyesung was immediately suspicious and flustered.

"What?" He flushed. "I'm warning you, if it's something dirty..."

He didn't need to see Eric to know he was pouting.

"When did I ever ask for som..."
"Yesterday, for example," Hyesung cut him off, trying to sound unimpressed.

He blushed at the memory though, remembering how Eric had asked him casually while they were making out and caressing each other in bed the previous night if he could kiss him down there too. It wasn't something they did very often, mainly because Hyesung almost never allowed it. After all, even if he always cleaned and prepared himself very thoroughly, it was kind of dirty. Moreover, it was such an intimate spot that it made him feel way too exposed. 

But Hyesung was weak, way too weak, and he did trust Eric completely, so when he was in his arms, it was sometimes hard to refuse the tempting, dirty things his y boyfriend suggested. So, last night Hyesung had yielded again. 

Even if he had been very sceptical about it the first time they had done it, he had to admit it felt good. Very good.

"Well, I don't exactly remember you complaining about it," the leader , with a knowing smile in his voice.

He even dared to giggle and Hyesung's blush deepened. Feeling shy, he squirmed on the sofa and fiddled with his hoodie strings.

"Yah! Do you want me to hang up?" he stuttered.

Eric's giggles barely faded, but he still sounded serious as he continued in a murmur.

"As it is your solo anniversary, can you sing one of your songs for me?"

Hyesung pouted, his heart still hammering in his chest.

"So now you remember it? It is too hard for the CEO to write something about it on ShinCom's twitter, but I have to sing for you?"

Eric didn't answer him immediately, but Hyesung could tell he was amused. The bastard had ignored him on purpose, obviously knowing what his reaction would be.

"Because I don't want to share you with your fans," Eric finally said. "I want you to myself."

Hyesung swore inwardly, all his attempts to resist the annoying man getting weaker. Only Eric could turn his brain into such mush.

"In fact, I wish you could sing for me right now," he added, clearly hopefull. 
"Well, you wish. What makes you think I'd sing for you at all anyway?" the singer grumbled. 
"There were times when you'd sing for me to help me fall asleep," Eric recalled coaxingly.

Hyesung heaved a helpless sigh. He really was powerless when it came to this greedy, affection seeking man.

"I still do that for you," he relented, hiding his face in his hoodie even though no one could see him.

Even though it was often embarrassing and tiring, he did it when Eric whined and pestered him too much, calling him in the middle of the night when they were apart or poking him restlessly when they shared a bed until the singer gave in and lulled him to sleep.

"Please, Hyesungie..." he whimpered exaggeratedly, sounding way too cute for his age. 
"Aish, you're so annoying! Okay, later," Hyesung babbled.

As Eric cried victory, the singer hung up on him.

***

A few hours later.

Hyesung barely dared to move as he stretched his hand out to turn off the bedside lamp.

In the darkness, his arm went back to hold his lover's waist. Eric's breath was deep and slow, his chest heaving up and down softly against his own.

Hyesung had had to sing four entire ballads while cuddling his boyfriend, but his efforts had finally paid off. Eric was now sleeping like a baby in his arms, snuggled up to him as a koala.

The singer sighed happily, appreciating the sweet moment and the relaxing feeling of his lover's warm body against his. He held him a little tighter, feeling suddenly possessive. Then, noses brushing in the dark, he kissed his lips one last time before closing his eyes and falling asleep, humming a few last words to himself, smiling.

"Happy anniversary to me."