Violet

Rainbow puddles

His quilt wrapped around himself, Eric was sitting cross-legged on his bed in his purple tee-shirt and underwear, sniffling as he typed another message on his phone.

I don't think I can go to the meeting. I don't feel very good today.

He had woken up earlier with an annoying cough and a runny nose, and had felt too hot and dizzy to even get up from his bed.

Shivering, Eric looked at his untouched coffee on the nightstand. He had thought he would feel better after drinking it, but the mere sight of the black beverage made him want to throw up.

His phone buzzed and he saw a new message from his manager.

You're sick? You're never sick. Should I be worried? Do I need to call a doctor?

Eric coughed and typed again.

I'll survive. It's only a cold. Just postpone the meeting for the end of the week.

Jonghyun didn't seem convinced, obviously.

Should I come over?

And Eric became suddenly nervous.

No, no, it's alright. No need to come all the way down here.

His manager didn't give up though.

I'm calling your neighbor then. Taehak told me Hyesung has nothing planned on his schedule today. He'll take care of you.

Eric's eyes widened at the mention of Taehak, Hyesung's personal manager. Since when did their managers compare their schedules anyway?

Scratch that. Since when did his manager think Hyesung was his personal babysitter?

Feeling offended and wondering slightly about how much their managers connived behind their backs, Eric frowned and started to write another message.

Yah! Lee Jonghyun, don't you dare call him or I swear I'll fire you! I mean it!

Jonghyun didn't even bother to reply, and scowling at his phone, the leader swore in a raspy voice at his long-time manager.

"Who the hell does he think I am? A little kid that can't take care of himself?"
"Who are you talking to?"

Eric turned his head, watching as Hyesung finally came back in the bedroom and sat down next to him, putting some medicine he had retrieved from his own flat and a glass of water on the nightstand. As if on cue, the singer's phone went off. Eric rubbed his tired face and sighed. It was too late to avoid it now.

"It's Jonghyun," he grumbled.

Sending a curious glance at his cranky boyfriend, Hyesung lifted an eyebrow and picked up his phone from his pocket, taking the call.

"Hello? Oh, hi Jonghyun!" He greeted him cheerfully, lying back on the fluffy pillows. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your call this early in the morning? What has Eric done this time?" he asked while staring at him.

Next to him, Eric huffed - and sniffled - with indignation, but Hyesung only smirked at the rapper as he kept listening attentively to Jonghyun.

"Oh, I see," he finally said. "The punk is sick. Don't worry, I'll drop by. This fool is so helpless he probably doesn't even have a first aid kit nor the most basic medicine at home," he added more loudly, stressing each word as he sent a meaningful, judging glare in Eric's direction.

Eric pouted, avoiding childishly his accusing eyes. He did not have a first aid kit, so what?

"I know, hopeless, right?" Hyesung told his accomplice on the phone.

He laughed at whatever answer Jonghyun gave him, without any doubt at his expense, and sulking, Eric mumbled something about insensitive traitors and meanies ganging up on him.

He fell silent though when the singer put his free hand on his cheek, then on his forehead, sighing in relief at the coolness of his skin on his. Hyesung's thumb carressed the spot between his eyebrows and Eric's eyes closed at the tender gesture.

"Yeah, I'll keep an eye on him. Call you back later. Bye," Hyesung said, frowning as he ended the call. Before Eric could say anything, he removed his hand, looking worried. "You're burning up."

"Only my heart is burning," Eric joked, leaning in to give him a peck on the lips.

Hyesung rolled his eyes but smiled fondly at him, and Eric took the opportunity to whine cutely, hoping for some compassionate kisses and cuddles.

"I must be dying," he told him with mock gravity.

He pouted again when Hyesung only snickered in response and reached for the boxes of drugs he had brought. The singer took out a couple of pills and gave them to him with the glass of water.

"Don't be such a kid and take your medicine."

Eric pouted even more but obediently swallowed the pills, sipping the glass of water that Hyesung held for him.

"You should eat something too," Hyesung said gently.

Making a face at the mention of food, Eric shook his head. After Hyesung put the glass away, the rapper lied down and hugged his lover's waist without a word. Laying his head on his belly, he nuzzled his violet tee-shirt and curled up under the quilt.

"Yah, do I look like a pillow to you?" Hyesung complained mildly.

He didn't push the shivering man away though and watched him for a while, caressing his nape, shoulders and hair tenderly as he listened to his labored breathing.

A few minutes later, Eric seemed to be finally asleep, but when Hyesung tried to move his legs to lie down more comfortably, Eric's grip on his waist tightened. Turning slightly his head towards him, he opened unfocused eyes again.

"Don't go," Eric murmured with a croaky voice.

Hyesung stared at him, surprised at the sincere panic he could hear in his voice.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere, you idiot," he told him softly, his hot cheek soothingly and bending forward to kiss his hair. "I'm here."

Reassured, Eric's eyelids closed again and he soon fell asleep under Hyesung's soft caresses and watchful eyes.