Chapter 1: Yoon Bomi

My Fortuitous Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one: That day

Bomi’s pov

 

“Aish! Why wouldn’t you come?! I thought you’ll go after me?” I’m currently talking to the best mom in the whole wide world that told me I should come first and then they’ll follow after 3 days as soon as dad comes home but see what happens, now. Apparently, they lied.

“Nah, I changed my mind, I have different plans now that I kind of know what to do with you.” My mom is so smart, I hate it. I know that I’m not the smartest and coolest child she can have but why does she have to put all experiments and schemes onto me?

“You really think that could help-“

“Of course I do.” Awesome! I have a lot of sarcasm, I know. I just can’t answer now why. “Now, let me ask you again, why you didn’t call me?!”

“You know the answer” Because you hated me and you wanted to take revenge and as the person in misery, I don’t want worse. “Don’t ask”

“I hope you die warmly…. Knocks! Just kidding, honey! I know you’ll love it there!” Now, my mom is cursing me. How dare she?! I’m crying internally.

“But-“

“Shut your mouth and find your aunt!” Find my aunt? In this big airport?!

“Way great to start my experience, eomma!” Instead of a motivation or some welcome message or some tips, she lets me go shut my mouth and hop my way all around, and be a dumb woman running around.

“Well, mother BBom knows best!” I hate it when she mixes her position and my nickname together, it makes me old. “Anyway, keep going now!”

“For how long should I stay here, by the way?” Just in case, I can’t stand 2 days already.

“About 2 months?” Wow. That’s a big time span. I’m worrying because even if they will go after me, they’ll stay for 1 week only. I knew it.  “I know you’ll love it there!”

“No, I won’t. You’re not some professional fortune teller, and you’re not one!” My mom decides to take any tracks, she’s bored in the house ‘cause she can’t work, dad says so. I hope I could tell her to be serious, I hope I could be dad.

“PS Sweetheart, FIND A BOYFRIEND!” WHAT?!

I was about to open my mouth and when the call ended. Okay, let me settle out 3 things from that call. One, where is my aunt? I don’t even know what she looks like, she didn’t even say what I should look for and second, really? She thinks I can find a boyfriend in Seoul for just 2 weeks before they get here. Ugh. Third, People are all around, talking to one another while Planes going down, landing for all passengers and bags everywhere along with accessories and wheels equals to a very good explanation by yoon bomi. Okay, I feel very awkward! It’s been 10 years since I last felt South Korea. I feel dumb and numb and everything weird!

Should I regret what I had with my mom 3 nights ago with the 3 things that haunted and executed 21 years of my life- I hope not. Okay, before I proceed to the common flashback scenarios, my iphone is currently on the ground when I said weird earlier, for some reason my hands shook itself, more like I’m possessed which is weird again, I know, just sharing.

 

3 nights ago at Los Angeles, California, U.S.A

“Have you ever wondered about your life?” Surprisingly, without a signal, My mom opens the door of my room as she sees me laying myself on the bed and taking the pillows as minions covering the whole of my body, ready to sleep for 10 hours. “What life? Asking, huh?”

I didn’t answer so as piminions – pillow minions.

“Oh yeah, you don’t have one!” Here she is, being a joker or sarcastic woman as she has always been, I think? Or is that sarcasm? I can’t know I’m too fabulous those times.

“What’s up again, mom? Ugh.” I speak up. I can’t take any more insults. Oops.

“You don’t have a boyfriend!” Here we go again, Do you know that when I entered junior high school and they noticed that out of my classmates, just my classmates I’m the only one left single. Like excuse me, I’m not that good in socializing! Besides, I’m Asian and I’m studying at an American school! Adjustment comes first but as the next years came and there were no changes within my love life, they doubted and judged me then started questioning my existence.

“What do you expect, I’m still studying!” I haven’t finished my college, taking fashion designing. I’m serious.

“At least have one!”

“Why? We aren’t rushing!”

“That’s what aunt jiyeon said!” Aunt Jiyeon is the aunt whom I am going to find few minutes later. She’s single, now I remember but she has three adopted sons named Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun (the cutest one) “Do you hate men?”

“No.”

“Men hate you. You’re very boyish! Don’t you know that?” I know that I’m boyish. Don’t get wrong and be fooled, I wear skirts, I know fashion but I don’t care about etiquette of women- ‘cause they are old-fashioned. Believe me, my mom loved hanbok so much, that’s why. And also, men don’t hate me. They love me, they’re just shy. Aha.

“I know. I don’t care. I can’t change now!” I lied a bit there. Thought the I can’t change is just a lazy statement.

“With all the money, are you serious?” The third word! There it is. My mom believed that when I went to America I started to think we were very rich, I think we are and my mom didn’t like it so she became strict for 4 years. Unfortunately, nothing changed with her judgement. Pity, I know.

“Yes”

“Go to seoul, now!” Then there it goes, the adventures of yoon bomi who lived for 10 years in cali is now back at seoul! The home of my beautiful mother! By the way, so just you know my dad is also Korean but he’s not in the story for now. He’s nice and serious.

 

Back to reality, I have no idea where will I go?

“Excuse me, miss?” An uncanny but manly voice creeps beside me. I slowly look to him and his look distress me. I think he’s an old man, a stranger. He’s wearing a cap, his hair is pretty long about shoulder length and he looks like a criminal or some sort.

“Uhm, do I know you?” I know this policy called don’t talk to strangers but eh, maybe my mom sent him here or he’s like a relative. I heard from my older sister our relatives are pretty average when it comes to lifestyle and clothing which is why my mom wanted to torture me by sending me here.

“Yes, you do. I am your mother’s friend…” Great! But wait, if he is a friend then why is he looking oddly at me. His hands are trembling, his knees seem to go weak and he isn’t looking at my eyes…

“Oh really, Are you my butler then?” Am I too frank? I hope not. But then he snapped his fingers and grumbled.

“Oh no, you’re a spoiled brat” Wait. what did he call me? I know I’m demanding but I am not spoiled! If so, I could have lived as a princess wearing 100-karat diamond crown and sleeping all day on my bed, watching tv, slaving my sister and having my mom shut for about a minu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter