Auditioning

I'm The Voice Behind It All

Jaemi's POV

I'm so nervous...what if I forget a line?

What if I mess up the bridge? I can't help but be nervous...this is my first

audition after all. I really hope I can get in. I want to make my parents proud,

I need to do this. I need to find my brother. I just need to, I know it. Jaemi, calm

down. Breathe in, breathe out.

 

I close my eyes and listen to my thoughts. I breathe in, then breathe out. I'm a lot more relaxed that before. I open my eyes to find the room of other audtionees staring at me. Then I realised...I must've looked like one crazy lunatic changing facial expressions from worried, to anxious, to just plain nauseous. To get their attention away from me I slightly bow my head and give a small wave.

"Mianhae..." I quietly whisper.

Then all their attention went back to practising. I let out a sigh of relief. Right when I was about to go back into my train of thought, the woman directing people into the auditioning room came out.

"Okay, now we need numbers 1300 to 1350 to come in. So would you please make a neat single line and make your way into this room right here." she explained.

Numbers 1300 to 1350 I said to myself....OMO! I'm 1305. Aigoo, my turn is so soon? I eased myself and got up from my seat and started lining up along with the other participants in number order. Right infront of me was a tall guy, I couldn't really see his face but I could tell he was nervous from his shivering. I gently patted his back, but as soon as my hand touched his back he made a little jump from the shock. He turned around and faced me.

"Omo, you scared me there. I'm sorry if i was a bit surprised by your touch. It's just that I'm extremely nervous, hehe." He nervously said.

"It's okay. You're not the only one nervous. But don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine." I replied giving him a small eye smile.

He returned the smile, "My name's Ahn Jaehyo, and you are...?"

"Jaemi, Kwon Jaemi." I say adding on a small giggle.

"Well Kwon Jaemi-sshi good luck! It seems like we're going in right now. So I look forward to your audition. Fighting!" he says giving a small fist pump with the air.

We slowly made our way into the room, and all sat down on the 50 chairs lined up for us. We then just watched as each person audtioned. It was time for Jaehyo's turn, just as he was getting up from his seat I pulled on the sleeve of his shirt and whispered "Fighting!" with a small first pump in the air. He was first stunned, but then a small smile crept up on his face and he mouthed to me..."Komawo."

Jaehyo walked up infront of the desk of music professionals and did his mini introduction.

"Annyeonghasaeyo choneun Ahn Jaehyo imnida!" he then bowed.

He seemed really stiff and nervous, but then he nodded over to the person incharge of the stereo giving him the cue to play his soundtrack. Then...it was then that Jaehyo's attitude entirely changed. He was really into singing, he was relaxed and composed, and his voice was just wonderful...I was in such a daze from his voice that I hadn't realised he was done until he started nudging me to go up.

I quickly got up and flattened out my skirt and approached the desk.

Just be yourself. Be your happy bubbly self. I said to myself.

"Annyeonghasaeyo choneune Kwon Jaemi imnida!" I say brightly.

"What will you be singing for us Jaemi-sshi?" one of the judges asked.

"I'll be singing Navi's 'Hello' "

"Arasso, please start."

I nodded and closed my eyes awaiting for the music to start playing.

[This is the >>song<<]

I finished singing and opened my eyes, just to see the panel of judges staring.

"Thank you for your audition, please go back to your seat." One of the professionals said.

I went back to my seat to see a wide eyed Jaehyo, he looked as if a ghost gave him the biggest shock.

He then leaned over and whispered to me, "YOU WERE AMAZING!!!" I giggle a little. "Thanks" I whisper back.

___________________________________________________________

[After the auditions]

"Hello everyone, I am the founder of DSP Media. I would like to congratulate all for your bravery to audition today. I will now announce the 50 amazing singers that have been chosen to train in our company."

This was the moment. THE moment where I find out if I'm accepted. I really hope I am...

"Ahn Jaehyo." I immediately looked over to Jaehyo who was positioned beside me. He was so shocked with his mouth hanging open.

"Jaehyo-sshi!! Congrats!! Go up! You're a trainee!" I exclaimed to him, and pushed him forward. He stumbled over still in absolute awe.

"Park Gyuri...Jung Nicole...Kang Jiyoung...Goo Hara...Han Seung-yeon..." I saw 5 absolutely pretty girls stand up and walk forward. One looked like a goddess, she was so pretty. She walked up as if she were on a catwalk casually flicking her hair time to time.

He kept listing names and I was growing more and more depressed because my name was still yet to be called.

"...and finally...Kwon Jaemi."

Once I heard those words ringing through my eyes, I just jumped up and down with glee. Jaehyo ran over to me and hugged me.  I was ecstatic. I glanced at the goddess-like girl and she just scoffed at me. Had I done something wrong?

"I'm sorry for those who didn't make it, but please try again next time..." the founder of DSP Media said.

"As to all of you who were accepted...Congratulations. You are all now trainees of DSP Media. I hope to see you at our office on Monday."

We all bowed to him and said "Kamsahmnida songsaengnim!"

I'm so happy. I can't believe it!

I'm finally a trainee!

__________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! It's my first fanfiction :)

Just incase you're wondering, Jaehyo was a trainee at DSP Media

before he was grouped into Block B ^^

Please sub and comment <3