ONE

DEAR MR Y-NAUGHTY, I'M SORRY. SINCERELY, MISS SWEET-NICE.
Please log in to read the full chapter

*

“Do you like the apartment?” Mino asks eagerly. I turn to look around. For the first time, he brings me to have a look at his first apartment, the second his-home-sweet-home after his parent house.

It was a beautiful iconic apartment. He just bought an apartment in Seoul city. The price must be insanely expensive. The interior of the apartment already nicely decorated by some interior designers that he hired. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I survey the rooms and looks out through the window. Its feel high here since we are at floor 25 from 30 floors. All in all, it was a fine apartment house. The apartment looked more impressive with modern furniture. All complete. I wonder why he didn’t start to move in yet.

“I love it.” I truly answer his question.

“Good.” His voice is full with satisfactions.

“Obviously, it is an example. . . I mean . . . for us to take to the extreme . . .”

My heart rate jumps a little. “To take to the extreme? . . . What do you mean?”

“You know me with my y idea.” He smiles, obviously happy and wraps his arm around my waist. I look at him with surprise and started blushing.

“I bought this apartment for us to live in.” He my cheek with yearning in his eyes. Oh no. He completely got the wrong idea. He never discusses this with me.

I still have something to say to him. “It is so risky doing this . . . you know . . . living together . . . Mino, we’re not married yet . . .”

“Wait?! What?” His question is like non-stop bullets. My answer is a big shock for him.

 “I can’t do this,” I blurt out, the words out before I could stop them. I glance up at Mino. His face was impossible to read.

“I can’t,” I say more firmly. My voice trembles. I am not sure if Mino is someone who was so ready to settle down.

His face falls. “Do you mean the apartment? We can redo it if you want . . .”

Whoa. He changes the subject. I shook my head. The apartment was beautiful. “I think . . .”

“What are you thinking?” He asks wistfully.

Silence, then a sigh and an answer. “Mino, I don’t know if I am ready for it yet.”

“Baby, say you’ll plan moving in with me. Please. . .” And my answer is  . . .

***

Seoul city. I love Seoul city with mad passion. One of the cities that popular among peoples in the world. The city that bring Hallayu waves towards this big world. K-Drama, K-Beauty, K-Pop, K-Food and K-Language and many else. The dream city of everyone. After staying at New York City for 14 years with my family, we came back to my hometown. Now, I was living in Seoul for 9 years. Living with my handsome father who works as a physics professor and my cute sister who is a fashion magazine editor.

Now, it is different. . .  

After finished shower, I choose to wear turquoise top and black jeans. Then, I put some make up on the face. For hair-styling, I just make my long hair free fall since I was too lazy for it. After thirty minutes, I walk to the kitchen and start my morning routine. Make breakfast for the prince and myself.

At first, I had been nervous about living with Mino. We are the only girl and boy in a too-big, too-quite apartment. But, he changed everything. Everyday is like a fairy tales, magic and my birthday. It was amazing how easy everything can be with Mino.

Today, a new menu is in list. While reading the recipe book last week, this recipe catch my attention and without hesitate, I want to try it. It is blueberry pancakes with ricotta cheese and a lot of melted butter with authentic Canadian maple syrup. As usual, fresh orange juice, milk, sandwich, are the must. Also our cereals. While making pancakes, the air smells sweet. I taste the pancakes with the syrup and yes. . . it is so delicious! I sure he will like it since he likes something sweet.

Finished preparing, I walk to his room and open the door a little. He is not here. Maybe he was at living room. My prediction is right. I hear his voice airy in the living room. A tiny shiver move through my body when I realized he is in serious mood, his voice slows but clear.

He didn’t realize me staring at him. He stands with his front facing the closed big, clear glass door at the balcony and a Bluetooth receiver of his Note 4 on his ear. His arms are crosses and he was staring to the beautiful morning sky view against him. He looks fabulous on white shirt and black leather pants. I still standing here and drunk on him for a while. Then, he turns back and catches me with his icy black gaze.

“Okay . . . see you on five today in my office . . .” He finishes the call, before yanking off the Bluetooth receiver and tossing it on the cushion.

“Good morning, baby!” I greet him, radiating him my good mood. He flashes a sweet smile and it makes me more happy.

“The breakfast already done . . .” I smile at him.

“Come here, Krystal . . .” He gesturing me to come to him.

I flush and glance around. “But, it is breakfast time now.”

“Stop changing the subject. Come here,” he orders, but his voice is soft and seductive. Quickly, I disobey him and hurried to the kitchen. He mutters something under his breath and following me wildly into the kitchen.

“Goctha!” A back hug from him already trapped me in his strong arms. I turn to face him.

He nuzzles his nose against mine. “Tell me what you’re thinking about when I was on the phone.”

I smile shyly. “You’re gorgeous. And extremely handsome.”

He chuckles suddenly. “All I want is . . . you to think about me all days . . . “

“Of course & you have to do the same! Please remember, my love is a candle. If you forget me because another girls hanging on you, I will burn this apartment.” I play him a joke.

He laughs a light tinkling laugh. “You’re dangerous. What planet you’re coming from, Transformer girl?”

After a second, I explosive a little laugh and join him in. Then, we having our breakfast together and talking about what will we’re doing today. He with his YG story. Me with my study story.

***

Today is Friday. As usual, my class ends at 4 pm. Yesterday, I got call from Lee Hi. She says that she wants to meet Bobby, his boyfriend at YG and ask me accompany her. Lee Hi was a manager of Etude House shops at Myeong Dong streets. I pick her at 4.15 pm and drive her to YG building. After parks the car, Lee Hi and I get out from the car and walks together to YG building. I see Mino’s Audi. Besides his car was a white Porsche 911 turbo.

“This is my favorite car.” I say to Lee Hi, pointing my finger to the Porsche. Most of us have our favorite cars list and Porsche is in mine. She gazes at the white Porsche after I say that.

She turns her gaze away from the Porsche and back to me. “Really? But, you just had a Mercedes.”

“But, Porsche still my favorite!” Broadly grinning at her, she gives me her usual trademark smile. We continue our short walk and entering big YG building. Every time we enter here, we always examining the cool, fantastic interior YG building and some stuffs in it. And we always says

“This is so cool!” , ”Wow” , “That is new, right?” and “Look at all this! It is fantastic!”

We step into the empty elevator and press the “7” buttons. I can’t wait to surprise him!  After minutes, the elevator door opens and we walk away from it.

“Do you want to follow me?” Lee Hi asks, her eyes gaze at her rose-golden color watch.

“Nope . . . ” I answer shortly.

“Okay. Then, I will go to meet Bobby.” She gives me a reply and slowly leaves me alone. I walk excitedly to Mino’s office. Reaching up the door, I open it and it was unlock. I enter his room and suddenly, someone change me into a concrete look.

Miss Blonde and Red Lipstick = Lee Chaerin.

My jaw drops when see her here. She is a model. Wearing short dress of combinations from color red, white and black, she looks like a breath from fresh air. The dress and her heel in red cherry color set her white, olive skin perfectly. Chaerin is ex-crush of Mino. When I attended Mino’s birthday party in a club last month, she became center of the boys attention including my boy. Sigh.

y, smart, beautiful, rich single girl. Boys love her.

Chaerin is sitting silently on the cushion with her long legs are crossing. Her hand is busy scrolling her Iphone 6 plus. The sound from the door awake her and her y eyes with black eyeliner catch me. She flashes a warm smile that I find annoy me.

“Hello Krystal! What are you doing here?” She stands and gives me a warm hug. I give her a hug back.

“I want to meet my boyfriend.” My answer is clear and honest. My boyfriend. You know him. She nods lightly. It seems like she want to ask me a question, so did I.

“I see. . . Did you make an appointment with him?” She asks while her gaze fixes at me. I frown at her with light expression.

“No. . . why?” My voice calms, trying to act cool in front of her.

“Mino is busy nowadays. . .  You should make an appointment first . . . So that, you don’t have to wait like this . . . “ She answer automatically. Her answer reminds me of Mino’s answer. Hers and his are platitude.

“Baby, I’m sorry to make you waiting but my work need me. Please make sure you make an appointment first.”

Before this, I don’t have to make it but starting this week, why I have to do that? Suspicious creeps in my thought. Mino’s talk this morning shoots through my mind suddenly.

"See you on five today in my office"

I gaze at my watch. 4.55 pm. Oh no! Before I done something crazy on Chaerin and Mino, it is better for me to leave his office first.

“Excuse me, Chae. I want to leave now.₺ I excuse myself from staying with her in this room. Her face shows a little shock after hears my sudden words.

“I wish that you would stay long enough, so we can have a girl talk. Sharing our stories. Fashion, study.” She shows me a beautiful smile that radiated a glow of her beauty.

At this time, I have no desire to meet and talk with her. “I’m sorry, Chae.”

“Its okay, dear. Hope we will meet soon.” We hug each other again. Oh. She is such a nice girl.

But, it can’t stop me from dislike her. Then, she continues to sit on the cushion and scrolling her Iphone. I walk out from the office and enter the restroom. Quickly, I open the water at the sink. The cold water runs to my hand for a long time. This is the easy way to makes me calm.

“Krystal . . . Please don’t cry . . .” My heart whispers, hoping to throw away sadness from myself. Suddenly, my stomach feels pains. Today is my first day of period. This pains and hurts that I got just now is enough to turn me into a monster. As I want to dry my hand at the automatic hand dryer, suddenly my ears catch the sound of heels clacking against the restroom floor. Quickly, I run and decide to hide myself in the toilet. I hear a voice.

“Damn you!” It was Chaerin’s voice! I want to know why she sounds angry now.

“He shouldn’t do this to me!” Her voice begins again and still sounds angry. My hands start to trembles. “He” word!

Slowly, I walk out from the toilet and clearly see Chaerin run a hand over her waist length blonde hair, which wasn’t perfect like I see minutes before. And her long finger is fast rubbing at her y lips, wiping along the outline of the lips. I could see why she are fussing with her bright, red lipstick. . .  it was smeared. No, more like mashed. As it was made because a passionate kiss from someone. She applies another layer of lipstick on her lip.

“But, I like it, bad boy.” She is smiling alone. Finished, she walks out from the restroom and leaves me more confused. “Bad boy” word!

But, the evidence is sure. I walk out from restroom and my right hand quickly dial Lee Hi’s number. “Lee Hi, lets get out from here . .

Please log in to read the full chapter