Chapter 1

My Brother (Exo)

"This is your flat. I hope you will be comfortable and like to stay here." The owner lady of that apartment smiles kindly to Kyungsoo, the new owner of one of flats in that five floored simple apartment.

Kyungsoo nods, replies by smiling kindly to that lady and saying his gratitude. After that lady asked herself to go, Kyungsoo moves to look around the small flat which he bought to be his new living place in that city.

That simple flat only has three rooms. There is a bedroom, a bathroom, and a main room which is divided by the kitchen and only separated by a wall as high as waist of an adult. It is very simple but very comfortable already for Kyungsoo who is in the middle of running away from ‘someone’.

Kyungsoo opens his bedroom door. There is a bed with a clean mattress without sheets which is directly being his vision’s object. He pulls a bag that is contained of his clothes and walks towards the wardrobe which is still empty. It’s time for him to tidy his luggage.

"My bedroom will change," another voice suddenly heard, it sounds echoed. But, Kyungsoo ignores it. He still continues his work by moving his clothes from bag to the wardrobe. After a couple of minutes, the situation becomes silent again in that room, which is stayed by Kyungsoo, alone.

 

...

 

His name is Do Kyungsoo, a twenty three years old boy whose job as a novelist with pen name Dio. Three novels of his have been published and well sold in the market. His work pieces are well accepted by society because it contains many stories which sometimes happen in real life. The stories he made never been exaggerated, it were simple but almost always make the readers shed tears because of it. Yup, he always makes sad ending stories, with the main character died because of something.

 

...

 

Kyungsoo enters the bathroom. There is a figure of another boy sitting down hugging his knees on the toilet. The slanted eyes of that boy observe Kyungsoo’s motion who is putting toiletries in the small cupboard beside the mirror on the sink. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo keeps ignoring him, not making any eye contact or even taking a glance of the boy who is staring at his back.

"The faucet is still broken," says the boy who is sitting down on the toilet, once more that voice heard echoed softly in that bathroom. "Ask the apartment’s caretaker to mend it! If not, your skin will be freeze because of its cold water."

Kyungsoo outstretches his hand to slightly open the shower faucet, with other hand facing up to feel the water temperature. Kyungsoo slightly jumps backward while frowning when his hand felt like stabbed by cold water which are flowing from the shower.

"What did I say? It’s your mistake that you didn’t want to hear my words!" Again, the boy on the toilet talks, even though he knows that Kyungsoo will only ignore him. Then he sighs sadly "You are stupid, Baekkie!" He mocks his own self while pouting his pink lips and leaning his chin on his knees which is hugged by him. He sees Kyungsoo walks towards the door, passes him just like nothing happen. "It’s impossible for him to hear me..." He gently whispers to his own self, but it still sounds echoed. "...the now I am not human anymore...”

Kyungsoo’s hand which has touched the door knob of the bathroom stopped for a seconds, until he really comes out of that bathroom, leaving the invisible tiny boy who is sitting down alone on the toilet.

...

Kyungsoo doesn’t want to admit that he can see something that cannot be seen by most of other people. He is also able to interact with something which shouldn’t exist in this kind of world. Because, he thinks that his ability will be troublesome for himself. It is enough for him becoming sharing place for ‘them’ who cannot speak with other people besides Kyungsoo. Even though sometimes ‘their’ story can gives him inspiration for story plot of his novel, but he moved so far away from Seoul to Goyan not for becoming a loyal listener for sharing story or complaint of an invisible creature. He had done that lot of times in Seoul, but not in Goyan. He wants to take a rest a bit from that troublesome activity.

Actually there are two reasons why Kyungsoo decided to move to Goyan. First, he wants to look for his elder brother who has gone, and the second is...

… He wants to run away from someone’s life...

He wishes it is as easy as his plan.

...

The next morning, Kyungsoo starts his new day at his new living place. It is just like usual, but with new house and situation of course. That invisible slanted eyed boy figure is still inside his new flat, he always appears in every corner of the rooms where Kyungsoo is. That figure keeps blabbering freely about taking care of flat that once was his, or even making fun of Kyungsoo who once carelessly cooking egg until burnt. There is no burden for that figure to keep commenting because he thinks that Kyungsoo cannot hear him. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo keeps silent without replying him even once, even though he eagerly wants to shut that figure’s mouth up. Ah, no way! Kyungsoo won’t even be able to touch him.

"Oh… You short boy! How can’t you even put a box on the cupboard? Go use any chair!"

Kyungsoo’s veins have pulsed up in annoyed, but he tries to be patient to listen to that echoed voice, and keeps ignoring it.

 

...

 

Hyung, where are you now? I have been in Goyan already.

Kyungsoo writes a message and sends it to his elder brother. There is no reply. It has been times Kyungsoo sent e-mail to him, but his brother has never replied and it surely makes Kyungsoo worried. He hasn’t been gotten any news from his brother for several days, so he is very restless now.

At first, he intended to go to Goyan to meet his elder brother who has been separated with him for ten years. But, because of a problem he decided to move to Goyan instead. But, without knowing the reason, his brother suddenly has gone again like ten years ago, without any news, and no any e-mail reply.

Kyungsoo has no other family but his elder brother after his mother’s death two years ago. Because of that, he doesn’t want to lose his family member anymore. Not for the umpteen times. And by going through any possible ways, he will try to look for his brother. He doesn’t care with the e-mails which didn’t get any reply. Kyungsoo will not just give up like that.

Hyung, if you have opened my e-mail, please reply it like you always did before.

For the umpteen times, Kyungsoo sends an e-mail, again.

...

 

Aluminum glass Kyungsoo held falls down from his hand. Kyungsoo jumps backwards with a hand caress his chest, surprised. He stares sharply to the figure in front of him.

"Can’t you stop appearing suddenly like that?" Kyungsoo protests to him. But, in the next second, he regrets what he had just said.

The invisible creature in front of him widens his eyes in unbelief. “You…” He points at his own self “…can see me?” his voice echoes.

Kyungsoo turns his way, takes a glance to the floor beside him and curses with low voice. “Damn it, I slipped my tongue!” Meanwhile, the invisible creature in front of him is starting to shout hysterically.

"Gyaaaa! He can see me!" That tiny boy figure is panic, hurriedly floating away through the wall.

Kyungsoo is sweat drop on his place. "Stupid ghost".

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

It wasn’t alarm sound that woke Chanyeol up from his dream, but the sound of his phone which is ringing loudly in his bedroom. He outstretches his hand out of under the blanket to the small table beside his bed, reaches his phone, and slides the screen.

His head turns sideways from his prone under the blanket position before, sticks the phone to his ears with still closed eyes. "Hmmm?"

There is a snort sound heard from the other corner of the phone. "It is ten, Chanyeol-ah. You should wake up."

"If you call me only to wake me up, I will hang the phone up."

"Arasso, I will get directly to the point." There is a sigh sounded from the boy on the other line. "You should go back to work tonight, or I will fire you."

That threat was meaningless, because Chanyeol didn’t respond it at all. It is like he doesn’t care of that thing anymore.

"Hey, are you listening?"

"Hmm. Fire me, Suho Hyung."

"Yak! Chanyeol-ah!" the boy on the other line is objected with his own threat instead. I’m not serious. Oh my, but really… until when you will keep being like this? It has been a week, Yeol. Go forward! There is no use to keep shutting yourself in your apartment."

"I just..." Chanyeol’s voice slightly caught, he opens his dejected eyes. "...try to calm myself down..."

Suho didn’t respond immediately, as if he understood how Chanyeol’s feeling now. "Chanyeol-ah..." Suho’s voice changes softer. "We are worried about you..." says him gently. ”...he must be worried about you too."

Chanyeol smiles sadly. "Arasso, Hyung. I will come to your place tonight," he says, not wanting to make that close friend and also boss of him disappointed, and becomes sad like him.

"Ah, don’t force yourself if you–"

"Hey, hey, you were the one who threat me. Why are you becoming weak suddenly to me, Hyung?" Chanyeol tries to slightly make a joke, makes a small chuckle, even though not sincerely. "Okay, see you tonight." And the phone line hanged up.

Silence once again fulfills that room. Chanyeol hasn’t moved from his prone position under the blanket yet. After seconds, he tries to sit down. But, his vision accidentally falls to a photo frame on the small table beside the bed. Inside, there is a photo of him intimately embracing another tiny boy in his arms, smiling with him to the camera, full of happiness.

As if a very heavy burden falls over Chanyeol’s back again, his heart is like sliced when he realizes that the happiness will never come back to him again. Every joints of his muscle become weak, and he falls down again laying on the bed with a teardrop on the corner of his eyelid. He is sobbing on the pillow again, just like days before...

"Bogoshippo Baekhyunnie..." he says, in the gap of his sobbing, while squeezing sheet’s surface desperately.

I miss you...

 

.

 

.

Several years ago...

Walking, Chanyeol took a glance to each flat’s number on the third floor of that apartment. Looking for a flat he had reserved days ago. Accidentally, there was a boy bumped his back behind. Chanyeol was pushed forward, and then turned his face to him.

"Ah, sorry" A boy’s voice heard, Chanyeol couldn’t see his face because he was carrying a pile of three cardboards which were higher than his own height. Below, Chanyeol could see his leg slightly trembling, holding the burden of cardboards he brought. Willy-nilly, Chanyeol took sympathy of him and tried to help him.

"Never mind, I’ll help you." Chanyeol tried to take two upmost cardboards that boy brought.

"Ah, no need to–" he didn’t have time to protest, because those two cardboards had moved to Chanyeol’s arms. "Oh my, I make you troublesome," said him with regret, and unrealized pouting his lips.

Chanyeol saw it, and he smiled amusedly to realize how cute the facial expression of the boy he just met. "So, where should we bring it to?” he said it while smiling kindly.

The boy in front of him blinking and being quiet for a second when he saw Chanyeol. "A-ah, there..." he took a glance of other direction behind Chanyeol’s back.”...to the flat number 23."

"Ah. I’m in flat number 22. So we are neighbors?"

"Really?"

"It seems so."

"Ah. Actually I have just moved here. So, please take care of me."

"I’m also a new tenant"

Both of them staring at each other, and then laughed together.

"Byun Baekhyun imnida. Please take care of me," the tiny boy bowed politely.

Chanyeol was only able to smile and nodded because of the pile of cardboards he brought. "I’m Chanyeol. Let’s go to your flat, your goods are kind of heavy by the way."

"Ah, I’m sorry."

Chanyeol was chuckled seeing Baekhyun’s face that turned panic, but it was still cute anyway. "It’s just kidding."

...

"So, you aren’t continuing your study?" Baekhyun asked with full of interest. "Why? We are same age though; you are even six months younger than me."

"My money isn’t enough yet for that."

"Ah, sorry, I didn’t meant to–"

"Never mind" Chanyeol smiled, without feeling objected. "I’m glad you have interest to know about me" he smiled and formed a teasing grin.

Baekhyun squint his eyes in disgust, but the red color on his cheeks betrayed his acting. "I just want to know," he defended himself. "So, you will keep working as a restaurant waiter?" Baekhyun’s voice turned sympathy. "Don’t you have any ambition? We are youngsters by the way."

Chanyeol smiled, understanding how Baekhyun worried about his future. "Don’t worry, if my savings enough, I’ll catch you up to take higher study."

"Really?" Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled. Somehow he cared so much of that neighbor of him. "Promise it!"

"Hmm. I’m promise." Chanyeol also smiled, scrambling Baekhyun’s hair in joy.

...

In the early morning, Chanyeol had just come back to his simple flat. A little surprised to see Baekhyun had been in the main room of his flat. He was sitting down on the carpet, with his head laid on the table, and a birthday cake decorated with strawberry in front of him.

A greeting card contained 'Happy 21st birthday, Chanyeollie' laid down beside him. Chanyeol smiled, caressing sleeping Baekhyun’s head softly.

"Umm..." Baekhyun awoke, slowly opened his eyes, blinking, and humming softly "Chanyeol..."

"Hmm, I’m home."

"Ah," Baekhyun lifted his head up and rubbing his eyes cutely. "Why are you home so late? It is almost morning." He made sullen face while looking at the clock on the wall.

"Mian," Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s greeting card. "Even though I come home late, but you are still the first person who say happy birthday to me. Thank you."

"I haven’t said it yet ~"

"Oh, if so say it then."

"You haven’t blown the candles yet."

"Okay, okay, I’ll light it first." Chanyeol took a lighter on the table and lit the candles on the cake. "Jja, blow it now!"

"Actually, who the birthday boy is?" said Baekhyun sullenly.

Chanyeol was chuckled. "I thought you want to blow it."

"Yeollie~"

"Arasso. I’ll blow it."

"Make a wish first~"

"Hmm." Chanyeol closed his eyes for seconds and blew the candles.

Baekhyun smiled gladly and clapping his hands in joy. "Yee... Happy birthday Chanyeollie ~" Then, he stared at Chanyeol in curious. "What did you wish just now?"

And a sweet peck landed on Baekhyun’s lips.

"You..."

Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun blushed.

~Flashback End~

 

.

 

 

That sweet memory is always beautiful to be recalled, but felt too hurt when realizing that it can’t be repeated anymore.

With impassionate dragged steps, Chanyeol walks passing main room with no interest. He walks towards the kitchen only to ease off his thirst. There is no food anymore in the fridge, empty, a week stocks he had spent for himself. Suho was right, he should move forward. It proves by his stomach that asks for food now.

"Even though you work from morning until night, you may not forget your lunch Yeollie. Look at your body! It keeps getting thinner. I don’t want to be with a thin boy like you!"

Chanyeol smiles sadly in front of the fridge when Baekhyun’s voice who is nagging at him appeared in his memory. In the silence of that room, Chanyeol whispers sadly. The same sentence that he said to the last Baekhyun’s nagging.

"Even though I’m thin, you still love me, don’t you?"

Chanyeol’s sad smile slowly gone and changes into his teeth that bites his lips and then he adds his sentence with more sliced heart, "...even when you have gone, is it possible for you to still love me?"

He lifts his hands to cover his face. Again, those hurting teardrops are flowing down, not care how much he has cried, even until that hurting teardrops are washed up, nothing can heal his sliced heart. Ironic... So tragic…

...

Chanyeol opens his flat door, goes out to get the milk bottle delivery in front of the door.

There is a sound of door key from the flat beside. It makes Chanyeol stop moving, turns his head to the door beside him with full of anticipation. The door knob is starting to move and opened from the inside. Chanyeol is so surprised and stuck in his place, a hope which is impossible to happen appearing in his mind, just if…just if miracle is exist, is it possible if...

The door opens up, but it is not Baekhyun who comes out from the inside, it is another boy who has rounded eyes like an owl who Chanyeol doesn’t know. The door is closed from the outside by that boy, and then his voice makes Chanyeol conscious from his daydreaming.

Kyungsoo, the boy who had just closed his flat door, turns his head and realizes the existence of his neighbor. He smiles kindly, slightly bows to show his hospitality to his new neighbor.

But, Chanyeol doesn’t give any respond. Staring him unfriendly and then turns his body to his flat and slamming the door loudly. Kyungsoo is so surprised by his impolite behavior.

"What the hell did he do?" Kyungsoo mumbles to himself in wonder.

.

 

.

 

 

Suho sighs, and then hangs the phone up.

"So, how was it? Did Chanyeol want to back to work?" says Yixing from his back.

Suho shakes his head tiredly. "I don’t know, he said that he wants to come here tonight. But, by hearing his voice… I’m not sure."

"I think a week isn’t enough for him yet."

"I think so." Suho sighs and turns his body backwards. A grin appears in his face after seeing Yixing’s appearance that had just come out from bathroom. Yixing stands backed him, in front of the mirror, looking for Suho’s clothes which are suitable for him. With only wearing white towel covers his waist until his knees, Yixing’s white that is decorated with some kiss marks clearly showed in front of his lover’s eyes.

Suho whistles teasingly. "You are so y Yixingie..."

Lay pouts, even though his face slightly blushed without Suho knowing. "You have said things like that thousand times."

"Really?" Suho asked with a really obvious pretended tone. "When was the last time I said that you are so y? Umm... Was it last night? When I rode you?"

Folded clothes were thrown randomly towards Suho’s direction who is still sitting down on the bed. But, Suho accepts it while chuckling instead. Meanwhile, Yixing’s face is burning, holding his shame. "You don’t need to explain it detailed like that! And… why do you ask me if you have known the answer already?!"

"Don’t be angry like that, Jagiya~ I’m only teasing you."

"Cih," Yixing turns his face away, back to facing the wardrobe.

Not long after, a couple of arms wrap around his waist, and an intimate peck landing on his bare shoulder. "You even looked so sweet when angry like that. How can I stop teasing you then? Hmm..." Suho sniffs Yixing’s fragrance on his neck.

"Stop, Myeonnie, you make me tickled..."

"Shiro~" Suho pouts. "I want more~"

And a hurting elbow lands on Suho’s stomach.

...

Yixing serves their breakfast. Wondering if it can be called a breakfast or not since it passes ten already. He puts the food on the dining table in front of Suho who is sitting down sweetly on his chair. Suho smiles gladly and proud of his lover’s ability to always make delicious food.

They haven’t finished their breakfast yet when a phone ringing sound heard from Suho’s living room, on the small table beside the television.

Both of them don’t make any noise hearing that phone’s sound. Yixing puts his spoon down, “I’ll take it,” he leaves the dining table. Meanwhile, Suho’s eyes seem worried looking at his lover’s motion. At last, Suho follows him to the living room.

"Who is it?"

"Kyungsoo again" Yixing replies sadly after reading the e-mail that just came.

Why don’t you reply my e-mail again Hyung? You don’t want to meet me anymore?

"You still don’t want to reply it?" asks Suho.

"I don’t know how I should reply him," Yixing sighs. "All of it..." his voice is starting to trembles.  "...too sudden..."

.

 

.

 

 

A phone ringing sound signing an e-mail comes makes Kyungsoo stops his activity who was typing a story in his laptop. He moves to take his phone. His eyes sparkle when he sees a replying e-mail from his elder brother.

Where are you now?

Kyungsoo smiles widely.

"Wow, so you also can smile~"

Kyungsoo’s smile vanishes immediately and then takes a glance in annoyed to the invisible figure that lies down on the bed right beside him. "Why haven’t you gone from here yet?" he asks.

"Why should I go?" that tiny boy figure asks him back. "This is my flat, my bedroom," he caresses the mattress where he laid down while smiling childishly. "My bed…the sheet is one and only thing different."

Kyungsoo pouts. "Realize it! All of it has been mine now. I’ve bought them. And you! You should go to the place you should be. This world is not your place anymore."

That tiny boy figure pouts dejectedly. "But I can’t go back. There is something left."

Sometimes, a soul cannot go back to his place in peace if there is any of his wants that hasn’t granted yet, or if there is a promise that hasn’t fulfilled yet in his lifetime.

Kyungsoo sighs. He had often met floating souls around him who ask for his help. Even though he had intended to not caring about ‘their’ problem anymore, but for this one, it seems that Kyungsoo cannot ignore it just like that. If Kyungsoo doesn’t help him, he will keep disturbing his life. "If that so, just tell me what you want, maybe I can help."

"Really?" that figure wakes up from the bed, staring sparklingly to Kyungsoo. “Wow~ you are such a kind person~"

"Quick! Tell it before I change my mind."

"Okay, okay. Hehehe... so, I want..." that figure seems thinking seriously, he tilts his head. His eyes stare above with his lips pouting cutely. "...I... ah, I can’t remember..."

Kyungsoo almost fell down from his bed. "Yak! Mwoya igo?!"

That cute boy smiles a bit "I’m sorry, I had a little problem when I died. I don’t know whether my head bumped into something or what, but there are some memories I lost."

"M-mworago?" Kyungsoo’s eyes widen. “Oh my! I don’t know that a ghost also can be amnesia."

"Hehehe... the only things I remember is this flat was once where I lived, and people used to call me Baekkie."

Kyungsoo sighs. "You really can’t remember any other things? "

Baekkie only nods while putting his lips, feeling wrong. "Mian..."

"Gwenchana…" Kyungsoo also bows staring at the floor and thinking something sadly "...we are same. I also have some memories I can’t remember..."

...one of them is…that Kyungsoo cannot remember clearly how his elder brother’s face is like...

 

...

 

Knocking sound on the door of flat interrupts Kyungsoo’s activity who was typing his story plot.

"There is a guest," says Baekkie with his echoed voice.

"Just open it," says Kyungsoo reluctantly while continuing to type the story. He has gotten into the main scene, it is such a waste to leave and forget it.

"If I could, I would open it seconds ago~" that voice whines. "Come on Kyungsoo! You may not ignore any guest. Quick! Open the door! "

"Aish!" Kyungsoo swears. He starts to be annoyed with Baekkie’s habit that is like to whine like a child, but he will instruct him like an adult at last. Wonder he tries to be an umma or appa.

"Wait a minute!" says Kyungsoo while opening the door of his bedroom, walking lazily towards the flat door. Without peeking who is the one in front of the door, Kyungsoo directly opens it with no passion.

"Kyungsoo-yah"

A familiar voice, Kyungsoo takes a glance to the tan boy in front of him, and in that second Kyungsoo closes the door back without giving any respond to that boy. He locks the door quickly before that uninvited guest initiates to forcedly open the door.

"Kyungsoo-yah!" that knocking sounds heard again. But, this time it sounds panic and impolite. "Kyungsoo-yah, open the door please. We need to talk."

Kyungsoo ignores him. He walks inside his bedroom instead, closes the bedroom door, doesn’t want to listen to the begging voice from the boy who is standing up in front of his flat.

"Yak! Why don’t you let him in?–"

"Shut up!" Kyungsoo barks. Baekkie is taken aback.

Ignoring laptop which is still standby on the table with opened document without any intention to continue his story, Kyungsoo throws himself on the bed, taking a pillow to cover his face.

"What’s wrong?" Baekkie’s echoed voice heard softer and seems worried.

"Don’t you know the meaning of 'shut up'?" Kyungsoo replies him sarcastically instead. His mood is really in bad condition now. "I said ‘shut up’, so shut your mouth up!"

No voice anymore. Even the knocking sound and the begging voice from outside flat aren’t heard anymore...

...until at last soft sobbing sound from Kyungsoo’s mouth come out from the pillow that covers his face. It is a very sad sound, which describes very hurt feeling.

A windy touch softly felt on the top of his head, even though it feels abstract, but Kyungsoo can feel the invisible hand that tries to caress the top of his hair. "You don’t need to feel shy when you want to cry, I also often cry." A soft whisper that is still echoed heard very sincere. "There is nothing wrong with that."

Kyungsoo doesn’t know why his crying becomes louder because of what Baekkie has done.

"Ssstth... it’s okay, everything will be okay..."

He even doesn’t know clearly what Kyungsoo’s problem is, but Kyungsoo doesn’t know himself why Kyungsoo’s mood getting better and more calm. As if in Kyungsoo’s heart, he can trust what Baekkie has said.

Unaware, Kyungsoo falls into sleep, goes to the dream world which he lays down on his brother’s lap who tries to calm him down by caressing Kyungsoo’s head.

 

 

Unfortunately, again, Kyungsoo cannot see how his elder brother’s face is looked like...

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Her name is Park Sunyoung, or usually called Luna, a beautiful 21 years old girl. In her young age, she has already published a fiction novel in mystery genre and had become a best seller writer last year in Korea. Her novel even had interested a director to make it into a movie.

There are a lot of people who like her, with her beauty, hospitality, and politeness, makes everybody cannot dislike her, but not with a boy named Kim Jongin.

Even though when they both meet, or have a simple conversation, they looked like friend. But, if you ask about Luna to Jongin, far in the deep of his heart, he hates that girl so much. The reason is simple, because in Jongin’s eyes, Luna has snatched Kyungsoo away from him.

Ah, actually it can’t be said by snatching away, because in fact the relationship between Jongin and Kyungsoo only as close friend, or work partner between the publisher and novelist. Kyungsoo as novelist – same like Luna – and Jongin is the youngest president director of the publisher company of their novels. Because of this job relationship, Jongin grew interest in Kyungsoo, he put his heart to him on the sly. Unfortunately, Luna had gone a step faster than him.

Damn it! A curse always flows in Jongin’s mind every time he saw Kyungsoo and Luna talked each other, or when Kyungsoo told Jongin about Luna passionately. If law doesn’t apply to him, maybe Jongin would have slashed a Samurai to Luna’s hands that had intimately embraced Kyungsoo’s arms. Or maybe he would have recklessly imprisoned her in a crypt alone and taken Kyungsoo away from Luna as far as he can go.

Jongin is almost desperate with his own feeling seeing how Luna and Kyungsoo’s relationship is more romantic day by day. Even people around them think that their relationship will go until the sacred bond later.

Until one day, Jongin got a chance to separate Kyungsoo from Luna, but unfortunately, it made Kyungsoo going far from him instead...

.

 

.

That night, Jongin had just come home from his office driving his car, accidentally he saw Luna walking alone while bringing two big plastic bags from minimarket, she seemed had just shopping for her food supplies. At first, Jongin wanted to ignore that girl, but suddenly he changed his mind. He wanted to approach Luna and ask her how far she and Kyungsoo’s relationship had gone. Had they gone to the most intimate part? Honestly, Jongin was so nervous thinking about every possibility happened between those two lovers.

Jongin turned back his car’s steering wheel and stepping aside the road, greeted Luna and offered a lift towards that girl’s apartment. Arriving at Luna’s flat, they both chit-chatting about job related conversation at first until slowly talking about personal problem.

"So, how is your relationship with Kyungsoo?" Jongin started, trying to do it in relaxing tone.

Luna who had just come back from the kitchen while bringing a bottle of wine, slightly smiled. "Our relationship is okay. Like usual." She poured the wine into Jongin’s glass.

"What do you mean by ‘like usual’? How far your relationship is?"

Luna squint her eyes, starting to feel suspicious. "Why are you looked so curious, Jongin-ssi? Are you jealous of our relationship?"

"Jealous?" Jongin chuckled softly, heard so awkward because he forced it. He drank his wine to cover his nervousness.

Luna moved closer to Jongin, sliding his on the sofa to get beside Jongin, staring her Boss with examining looks. "Do you like me?"

Jongin was taken aback a little, turned his head to Luna who is staring intensely at him. Another idea appeared in jongin’s mind, he grinned. "If, yes?" He tried to give her bait.

The next thing that happened was Luna who jumping to Jongin’s lap which made his eyes widen in surprise. She attacked him and kissed his upper lip. Jongin responded her kiss without any interest, while forming a mocking grin on his face in the gap of their kiss. '', he cursed in silent.

 

...

"Accompany me tonight," Luna stared him glazy.

"Have you done it with Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked her, worried if she had eaten Kyungsoo before.

Luna shook her head. "I have never liked that stupid boy," she said it with mocking grin without realizing Jongin’s sharp gaze. "Honestly, I have liked you since long time ago."

"Do you want to leave Kyungsoo?"

"Do you want to be with me?"

"Leave him first!"

"Whatever. Up to you, baby~"

Yes, and I will leave you, immediately, !

...

 

The clock showed that it had passed midnight already. Jongin had been topless, arose from the bed, and zipped his pants that had been opened by that naughty girl’s hand. In his heart, Jongin thanked to God that his pants hadn’t loosed from its place yet. Meanwhile, Luna had been unconscious and slept under the blanket beside him without any clothes that had been opened by her own self.

Jongin pouted looking down on her, took a tissue and wiped his hands in disgust. ‘After coming back from this place, I should get shower until clean’ it was what inside Jongin’s mind. Jongin stood up right when the door of that bedroom was suddenly opened from the outside.

It was Kyungsoo...

And the misunderstanding started from there.

 

 

.

 

 

After that incident, Kyungsoo really acted drastically. He avoided both of them without wanting to listen to their explanation. Of course, for Kyungsoo there was nothing that needed any further explanation.

It had been five days already they acted like playing hide and seek. Jongin kept trying to chase Kyungsoo so hard to explain all, but as hard as that, Kyungsoo also kept trying to avoid him. Meanwhile Luna, no need to ask, she had no care for Kyungsoo, and tried hard to approach Jongin. She had even tried to obstruct Jongin from talking with Kyungsoo.

That five days passed without any result, and what Jongin had been scared about, happened. Kyungsoo had gone from his apartment.

Jongin was in chaos, he looked for Kyungsoo everywhere like an insane. His anxiety about losing Kyungsoo from his life was definitely bigger than when Kyungsoo became other person’s lover. At the first day when Kyungsoo had gone, he was panic. At the second day, his eye bags and dark circle are clearly seen. At the third day, people started to complain about Jongin’s clothes that didn’t change. At the fourth day, Jongin was almost unconscious in the meeting room because he had eaten almost nothing. He would have been hospitalized because of his miserable condition if just his subordinate hadn’t told him that he knew where Kyungsoo moved to.

In that exact time, Jongin smiled feeling relieved with happy sparkling eyes.

.

 

 

That afternoon, had been sure about his appearance and condition, Jongin stabled his heart to step inside the apartment which one of its flat was Kyungsoo’s living place for these six days.

With full of anticipation, Jongin started to knock the door of the flat that had been told by his subordinate. Five knocks and no respond. Jongin started to get anxious, thinking that Kyungsoo had been known about his arrival and had gone before Jongin came. Fortunately, Jongin’s presume was wrong.

"Wait a minute!"

He could hear Kyungsoo’s voice from the inside. Jongin’s heart trembled, how he missed that voice so much.

The door opened. Jongin’s eyes sparkled seeing Kyungsoo in real.

"Kyungsoo-yah-"

Their eyes met. But, in the next second the door closed again. Jongin was flustered and starting to get panic. He knocked the door loudly.

"Kyungsoo-yah! Kyungsoo-yah, open the door please. We need to talk."

No respond, the only thing heard was another door slamming sound which noticed that Kyungsoo had gone into his bedroom. Jongin started to desperately knocking the door like an insane. "Jebal~ Kyungsoo-yah! Open the door!"

Someone pulled Jongin’s shoulder forcefully. "What the hell are you doing?!" Chanyeol shouted angrily. "You’ll make the door broken!" warned him sensitively, as if that flat’s door is very precious for Chanyeol.

"Let my hands go!" Jongin drove Chanyeol’s hands away from his shoulder harshly. "Kyungsoo-yah! Open the do-"

"Yak!" Chanyeol pulled Jongin’s hand again. "I said stop! You’ll break the door! Your loud voice disturbs the person inside!"

"What’s your problem exactly?" Jongin snapped him back. He also started to get upset.

Two security officers of that apartment came right after getting the report about the noise in that place. Jongin, who was accused as tranquility disturber of that apartment’s tenants, reluctantly giving up meeting Kyungsoo that day and chose to go from that place. He intended to go there again tomorrow. The important thing was he had known where Kyungsoo lives at the moment.

Chanyeol still stood up there watching Jongin’s back who was being pulled by the security officers gone in the end of the corridor. Other tenants, who were disturbed by the noise, went inside their own flats again, leaving Chanyeol who was still standing up in that place.

Chanyeol turned away, being quiet. His hands slowly arose in front of flat’s door number 23, and caressed the door’s surface softly in sad gaze. "You can be in peace now, Baekkie~" he whispered softly, talking alone.

Ho bowed his head and then smiled miserably thinking that his own action is like an insane. Not willingly, he turned away to his own flat beside that flat. Without realizing or seeing~

...that Baekhyun’s invisible figure since long times ago had been standing there, in front of flat number 23, looking at every Chanyeol’s actions in unread gaze...

...Baekhyun’s invisible hands touched his own invisible cheeks. Even though Chanyeol’s hands went through his cheeks just now when he touched the door’s surface, but he didn’t know why Baekhyun could feel that the soft touch had caressed his cheeks...

.

 

.

 

 

To be continued…