Chapter 9

Of Neighbors and Classmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME

 

Two days later, my mom forced me to go to school. Even if I act like I'm in pain (to be honest I could even compete for an oscar's, just kidding), she still said, "Quit complaining and go to school! Catch up with all the things going on, you brat!"

 

Sigh.

 

But, really, my wrist is still in pain. Even if I attend classes, I won't be able to write anything. I'm not ambidextrous. I can only write using my right hand.

 

When I reached school, I readied myself for my classmates questions. I've been involving myself a lot in GOT7's stuffs. And to save my social life, I shouldn't be doing that. But then, of all times, why do I have to be there when there are things happening to them? That's the reason why I can't help but get myself involved.

 

I'm now in front of the staircase. Once I reach the 3rd level, there will be people that recognizes me. My classmates. I breathed deeply while grabbing the straps of my backpack.

 

As I climb, I'm starting to hear muffled chatters. I've never been this nervous before.

 

I'm now in the hallway. I don't know why I keep having this describe-where-you-are-and-how-do-you-feel thing right now. Ugh.

 

As I walk to our classroom, I can now feel everyone's attention on me.

 

"Isn't that Yeseul?"

"What happened to her hand?"

"Is GOT7 here yet?"

 

If only they could talk a little softer. Gosh.

 

When I reached the room, I slid the door open and saw Kyunghee, Nana, and the other girls on the opposite side of the door. When their heads turned, they were all surprised. But their faces didn't show they were glad to see me.

 

"Oh, you're back." Kyunghee said.

 

"Yeah." I answered and went straight to my seat. I hung my backpack and took out my books using my left hand.

 

Kyunghee approached me and helped me pull out all of my books. I lifted my head and met eyes with her. She smiled. Fake.

 

"Thanks." I said without any expression.

 

"Yeseul! You okay?" Jimin suddenly called.

 

I nodded at her. "Yeah, I am."

 

Kyunghee sat next to me and I straightened my position. She leaned and whispered, "You liar."

 

I blinked. "What?"

 

She flashed me a smile and patted my back. "I'm not gonna ask you anything. We're gonna find it out on our own, Nana and I. You know how good Nana is with these stuff, right?"

 

"What are you talking about, Kyunghee?" I gulped once, and I swear she saw it. She smirked when I did that. Darn, Kyunghee's really good at these things.

 

If there is someone you shouldn't mess with, it's Kyunghee and Nana. But Kyunghee is a scarier person. If you really get on her nerves, she's gonna make your life like hell. That's why I stick to her good side. I want to graduate peacefully.

 

She stood up from her seat and waved. "Careful, Nam Yeseul."

 

I avoided her gaze. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

 

"YESEUL!" I almost jumped from my seat. I turned to the door to see who just startled me.

 

Jinyoung was running towards me with that bright grin on his face. Everytime Jinyoung smiles, wrinkled come out around his eyes. It doesn't look bad. It's cute.

 

What made this guy grin brightly at me and call my name lovingly? Like he's really happy to see me. It feels nice, actually. I don't know. It makes my heart flutter. It's a new feeling for me.

 

"You're back?! You're back!" He exclaimed. Everyone's attention is now on us. Of course, as far as everyone knows, Jinyoung is a friendly person, but I'm not close with him.

 

"Um, is something gonna happen?" I answered. I'm confused too! Why he is suddenly so friendly to me.

 

"I'm glad, of course. The other guys are gonna be happy with this news. You should come with me. I'll show you to them." He said.

 

He is making my face flush! What's with this guy?

 

He grabbed my left hand and tried to pull me up, but I resisted. "Show what? Jinyoung, what's with you?"

 

"Come on!" He pulled even harder that I really rose from my seat. I have no choice. This kid is so happy I can't even refuse.

 

I wanted to get away from Jinyoung's grasp because this picture, Jinyoung grabbing my arm, is a not-so-good picture to the other students who like him. Well, I'm as good as dead anyway. I'll go to the end of this.

 

He dragged me to Class 1's classroom, Youngjae, Jaebum, and Jackson's classroom.

 

"Mark still hasn't reached school so I expect he's just gonna come straight here." Jinyoung said as he opened the door. All heads turned to us. Jaebum, Youngjae and Yugyeom are inside. When they saw me, all of their faces brightened. I swear, their faces gave me a comfortable feeling.

 

"Yeseul!" Youngjae called. I smiled slightly at him. The three rushed out of the room to see us.

 

Jinyoung let go of my arm pushed me slightly to them. "I present to you

Please log in to read the full chapter