Chapter 1

Maybe True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....

 

Ugh.

 

Yifei wakes up with a pounding of dull pain in her head. Her lips are awfully dry and feels like sandpaper. For a moment she just lies still, wondering why her whole body is terribly sore, what happened yesterday and what day is today. And why it's kind of hard to tell?

Yifei is desperately trying to retrieve the memory of yesterday. It somehow feels like a big day.

Right, its Yifan, her boyfriend’s birthday.

The two of them had a complicated relationship since senior high school before they officially fall in love in the university years. Not so long ago, they wrapped up their university years and began their lifes as a couple in Yifan’s cozy apartment. Their every day are simple yet blissful. They would have breakfast together in the morning before departing for work. When they ended their work in the evening, they would go to buy groceries and have dinner at their apartment, or go out for the meal at the restaurant then roam around the streets hand in hand. At night, they would snuggle in front of the television before sleeping together.

Yesterday, her work ended late. Yifan was waiting for her at their apartment. That’s all she can remember.

She can’t even force her eyes to open. They feel so heavy and tightly stuck down. She hears a stirring which signifies another presence in her room.

“Yifan… Give me some water.” Yifei muttered feebly as she slowly swivel her head before she wrench her eyelids to open with a huge effort.

“Here”

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter