Nike Shoes

Campfire love

It's already the day of my leaving. Mom is already packing mine and Jessica's stuff, which is actually a huge plus. I can sleep in. I was sleeping in my bed still when my alarm clock went off. I cracked my eyes open and tried to adjust them to the bright shine of the summer sun. Jessica was out of her bed, her bed tidied perfectly. Right, perfect, just like Jessica.

Everyone looked up to her, even our parents, because she was the perfect daughter, perfect friend, perfect girlfriend and everything what includes being perfect. I'm stuck in her shadow, yet I love my big sister. I can't deny that I'm envious of her life sometimes, but she is a good sister. She never lets me down.

However, I can only curse her for this. She is the reason why I have to attend this stupid summer camp God knows where in the jungle! Well, not in a jungle, but in a forest with all those damn bugs climbing in your mouth in the dirty cabins. She was the one who suggested it would be a great idea if we spend time together and bond in this camp, where she and her best friend, Taeyeon, are the organizators.


Never in a milion years would I imagine or dream about being locked out of the world of social media. The thing hit me after we were asked to leave the bus. I wanted to check the time, yet I only saw my service being out. No service in this nature. Thanks, man!

I jumped out of the bus right after Jessica, feeling more comfortable with her, because I didn't know anyone that time. Jessica stood up next to Taeyeon and I walked up to her. She put an arm around my shoulder, me being still shorter than her.

"Alright kids, gather up" Taeyeon called out. Each girl stood in a messy pile in front of us, holding their bags and trunks. I looked at each of them and no one looked anything special. Just everyday kids, like me, who hated this just as much as I did. I could tell which of them were friends and which were just stranger to one another. It was funny how they were paired or grouped up. "I have this paper you all signed and paired yourself to be roommates. I will call out all of the names and I will assigne you to a room" she spoke up again and made the others nod. 

She started looking at the paper, squinting her eyes. She barely could read few of the names. 

"That handwriting" she murmured and made Jessica giggle. "Yoona and Yuri?" she raised her head and looked around the bunch.

Two extremely thin girls stepped out with their suitcases and handbags with them. They almost looked like sisters, or more like twins. They wore button up shirts with square patterns and two damn short jean-shorts. Both had long dark hair and cute smiles. Somehow I felt insecure about their beauty compared to mine or Jessica's.

"You are in the room number 1... It's on the first floor, left end of the hall" Taeyeon spoke and handed them a paper with all the do's and don'ts, the location of their room and the breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner times. "Next, Sunny and Amber? Is that right?"

Finally someone shorter than me! I cheered in my brain. Two girls almost the same height stepped out, next to Yoona and Yuri. One was fair blonde girl, with cute baby face and wore jean-shorts with a white green cropped sweater. The other was dark haired girl with boyish style. I had to rethink twice if she was a girl or a boy. That tomboy style or whatever. She wore yellow boyish trunk shorts and a dark blue oversized shirt. She had a cap on her head, but turned backwards. She looked special I had to admit.

"Room 2, first floor, left end hall, it's opposite of the first room" Taeyeon informed and smiled at the both of them. They thanked as Taeyeon slipped the same paper in Sunny's hand. "Sooyoung and Sica..." she spoke with confidence this time. Jessica waved her hand on front of her and Sooyoung stepped out. They were classmates including Tiffany. Sooyoung was a ectremely tall and slender girl with long dark hair. "Room 3" Taeyeon finished and put the paper in Jessica's hand. 

We went through three more room and six more people. Taeyeon paired with Tiffany, just as I thought, another blonde girl with long hair and bunny features Hyoyeon with another thin tall darkhaired girl, completing the trio with Yoona and Yuri, her name was Seohyun, A short pretty girl Luna with a cute girl my age Sulli.

"Victoria and Krystal" Taeyeon called out and another tall girl stepped out of the bunch and smiled at me. She looked really mature and pretty and inteligent. I guess I won't have much trouble living with her. "Room 7, it's up in the loft. It's the nicest room, because you see the whole forest and you can even see the lake down there" Taeyeon said, trying to make me feel better about it. Now again, why did I agreed to do this?


I was on my way to the huge wooden house in front of us. It was an old house where the hunters would live and sleep during nights. It have had a huge cafeteria and a quite nice kitchen. front hall with armchairs and sofas, bookshelves were all around he walls with more than hundered books and magazines there. Huge livingroom or gatherroom or you name it, where the only thing that was huge and black, giving me fake hopes of a TV was a huge fireplace made of bricks. It was nice and had stuffed animals and medieval clock above it, but I a TV would be more appreciated. There was a mini bar at the back of the living room, with a chain line crossing the entrance. There was a note reading: 18 and above!

I walked up the stairs, all of the girls running around finding their rooms while I was climbing up the stairs with Victoria and our huge suitcases. She was smiling all the time, walking behind me, while I was grunting and sighing painfully. Why me?!

She haven't spoken at all. She didn't say a goddamn word nor after settling in and choosing our bed. Is she mute or something? I started unpacking my suitcase and having a weird feeling I looked over my shoulder. She was there sitting on her bed, with her hands on her knees and looking out of the window, still smiling.

"Look" I breathed out gaining her attention finally. "This is awkward as it could get and if we are supposed to live together for almost a month, we should at least talk to each other, roomie" I said, not actually trying to sound rude or ironic, but I did. She smiled and tilted her head.

"What do you mean exactly?" she asked and looked at me intensely. 

"I mean... ahh..." I sighed. "I'm Krystal, I'm sixteen and I'm here unwillingly" as I finished, she giggled covering maturely.

"Well... I'm Victoria and I'm 22... I'm your sister's ex-classmate and I'm here out of my good will" she said and smiled at me. 

"Ex-classmate?"

"Yeah, we were in the same class in high school but after we left for collage, she chose to be an animator for freetime and I left for being a dancer" she confessed and intertwined her fingers. 

"Wow... so you're a dancer?"

"Yeah, I want to be a ballet dancer. You remember Amber? The boyish girl?" I nodded. "Well I tutor her dancing... I have tutoring as my final project" she said again and made me stare at her in amazement. It was awkward that I was the one who was amazed by her, because I first thought that she will be a lonely geek. My bad...


Back outside, it was already getting dark. All the girls were gathered up around a lit fireplace. Jessica and Taeyeon were somehwere else and I was getting insecure. I followed behind Victoria without any actual reason. I felt comfortable and felt like I made some friend or something. She didn't mind me at all. She walked and spoke about how she loves dancing and how she aims for the Swan's lake main role. She said she feels like she would be better than her rival, what was her name again? Jia or something like this.

Victoria took me after her two friends, Luna and Sulli I suppose. They were chit-chatting and sitting on one of the boles. They were giggling loud. Whereas Victoria interupted them with a sweet voice they both looked up and smiled at her.

"This is Krystal, she is my roommate" Vic introduced me at first and they both smiled at me and said hi. "This is Luna," she gestured to the short pretty girl, "and this is Sulli" the cute girl eyesmiled at me and waved.

"Hi" I said, not predicting that my voice would crack, but yeah... my throat was dry. Victoria sat down next to them, but it looked like there was no space for one more. I smiled and stood in front of them.

"So how does your room look like? Ours is huge and we have two separated beds and a huge closet! I really regret not bringing more clothes" Luna pouted and snorted at the ground. 

"You know what I heard?" Sulli didn't let Victoria to respond and started excitedly. "I heard that in the other house, on the other side of the lake, that there is a boy camp there" she said making me raise my eyebrows and Victoria to giggle. 

"Might be" she replied and looked up at me. "What do you say? Are you up for a boys night?" she asked me making me a bit confused.

"Pardon?"

"She wants to know if you're joining us in invading the boys camp, befriend them and maybe get some date, duh!" Sulli's innocent character just broke into tiny pieces in my eyes. She sounded so... not innocent at all!

"I don't know about this... I might just stay put" I said, turning down their invitation. 

"Are you sure?" Victoria asked me, staring deep into my eyes, trying to hypnotize me or whatever. Too many weird sci-fi movies, Krys.

"I'm sure... I have my sister in charge here and I especially don't want to get her into any trouble" right after I finished, there was a loud laughter from behind me. The three girls looked around me and I truend around. That tomboy girl and the short girl were sitting on another bole and they were laughing out loud, holding their stomaches and looking like they were suffocating. 

"Tss" Sulli said and rolled her eyes. I looked back at her and I was step by step getting confused by her. "That person is really annoying me!" she exclaimed and tossed her hair behind her shoulder. 

"Who?" Victoria looked at Sulli. 

"Amber, of course. She is so weird. I mean, what if she will be going around and hitting on us?" 

"You're so mean" I stepped in. They all looked at me. Luna with an dumb expression, Victoria with a smile and Sulli with a glare. "She is not weird, if she is comfortable with herself, it's none of your business. And regardless, she won't be hitting on you for sure" I said in my y voice and turned around walking off. I heard Victoria laugh and Luna say an oh~. I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know why was I so rude to her. But whatever...

I met Jessica on my way and she walked me to the campfire after the dawn.

We all sat there, I was sitting with Jessica and Taeyeon. The night was cooler than the day, but the air was still warm and comfortable on my bare legs. The fire was spreading warmth all over and great light. Taeyeon and Jessica had some information for us that's why they organized this meeting/gathering. Taeyeon stood up and made only the two of us sitting.

"Alrighty girls" she started. "I have some request to ask. To break the awkwardness of you all, I planned this game. It's not a difficult nor interesting game, but it will break the ice between you" she spoked and cleared . All the attention was on her and she started getting embarassed and shy. "Jess" she whispered. Jessica sighed and stood up next to her, leaving me there alone. 

"So, to start this game, you will work in groups. All of the participants will get flashlights and a color you will follow in the forest. It's gonna be hella scary" Jassica said in a demonic voice, making my hair stand up with the chill. "In the end of your path, there will be something prepared for you all... if someone gets lost, well... I'm sorry in advice" she said and I hoped she didn't mean it the way I understood it. I saw some girls panicking.

Yoona rised her hand.

"Isn't it illegal to walk in the woods after the dawn?" she had point.

"It probably is, but that's the exciting about it" Taeyeon said and smiled evily. 

"What if someone gets hurt by an animal?" Hyoyeon asked with her hand rised.

"We have our medicians here nearby" Jessica spoke and with concsious she pointed her thumb behind at the house. Hyoyeon tilted her head, confusion written all over her face. Was it really going to be that scary? "Alright, if no one else is having any questions we shall start then" Jessica finished and walked with Taeyeon forward.

We all stood at the edge, where the huge trees started to shoot their shadows all over the place. It was dark and scary out there and the nature sounds like owls and rustling of the leaves was giving me the creeps.

"Groupings?" Taeyeon asked and looked around us. The girls grouped up in no time only I was left alone standing motinolessly. I looked at them and there was the last option for me. Sunny and Amber. Jessica looked at me a motioned me to go to them.

I wanted to take my first step, but I didn't notice the root of the tree peeking out of the ground and my toe stuck into it. I tripped and fell over hard forward. There were many voices laughing, few gasping but only one pair of feet rushing to me. I hissed in pain and felt a stinging sensation on my elbow. Great, embarrassing yourself in the very start: Nailed it!

The person was wearing nice pair of Nike shoes and dark sweatpants. I looked up as I tried to stand up as well. And I saw Amber, the tomboy girl helping me up, holding me by my upper arm... At least karma was on my side and for saving her she is saving me...

Wow... at least someone was nice, "thanks" Jessi.


 

Hope you enjoyed the first chappter ^^
Should I continue this story or not?
Please subscribe, upvote and comments are very much loved :3