one

Totally Professional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Totally Professional

 

Minho’s POV:

I was making my way to the company building as I’ve received an unexpected call from Victoria noona. Once inside one of SM’s practice rooms, I heard Victoria and Soojung’s voices.

"You want us to what?!"

"Come on Soojung, it'll be easy! Just a thirty-second video, that's all!"

"No. I won’t do it."

"Soojung, please! Minho's not complaining about it!"

"What am I not complaining about?" I had no intention of joining the argument between my friends until this point, but I figured since my name came up, I might grace them with my presence. Victoria rolls her eyes as I pull out my earphones. She hates repeating herself.

"You've seen that viral video of strangers kissing on YouTube, right?"

"A viral kissing video? I haven’t. Why?” I've already got a bad feeling about where Victoria is going with this, especially when she smiles from ear to ear.

"Well, Soojung doesn't like the idea, but the management think it'd be cool and very much profitable to, uh, do something similar. You know, ride its popularity before it’s forgotten?" Victoria's creepy smile flashed at the end of her statement. 

“And President Kim agreed to this?” I asked. It was truly a wonder since SM has never been into this kind of promotion before. All this time, SM had maintained its wholesome image, so definitely, a kissing video seemed far-fetched.

“He did, and the production team already chose both of you for this promotion.”

“Why me? Exo has tons of members, couldn’t they just choose from them?”

“That’s actually a valid question. But apparently, the team said Exo’s fangirls are very much attached to the boys. There’d be an outrage if any of their “oppas” is chosen. You’re a safe bet Minho. Besides, you and Soojung are actors and you’ve recorded kissing scenes before.”

 "So, that’s it? You expect Soojung and me to…?" I suddenly glanced at Soojung and noticed her aversion to the idea. She's against it.

"Oh come on, guys. It’ll just be for a few seconds. You’ll never even know it’s done." Victoria bounces on her toes, trying desperately to persuade us into agreeing.

Meanwhile, Soojung was just like, "Nope. Never. No way," for the whole time Victoria was talking. She just stares in oblivion while repeatedly refusing.

"I’ve a question. If the management already agreed to this, why are you still persuading us? Shouldn’t we be just following orders?" Soojung and I stared at each other, the look on her face tells me that she’s as curious as I am.

"Well, it’s not yet a done deal. Consent is essentially needed in this new kind of promotion since this has not been stipulated in our signed contracts. You see, in SM contracts, we promote as singers and dancers and hence, kissing and such are not included. ” Victoria explained.

“Oh right, this is for SM’s promotional video, and not a drama contract. I think I get it now. Technically, without our consent, SM could be violating our contract if they force us to kiss.” Soojung quipped whilst nodding her head, relief is evident in her face. It looks like she figured out a way to escape.

“Exactly, and that’s why they asked me to convince you. Soojung, accept this please, won’t it be fun to try something new?”

"Fun for them. To me it's ridiculous." Soojung says with a spiteful laugh.

“If you consider this thoroughly, it’s not really a bad deal Soojung-ah. Also, since everyone is really counting on the two of you, I’m sure SM is desperate enough to grant any favor in return.”

"Favor? Will they give me a month-long vacation?" I ask at random. I figured that if Vic noona failed to convince us, I bet that Shinee members would be the next ones tasked to do the persuading. It’ll just be a series of long talks and I thought it’d be better to save time and at least, get something out of the deal.

Victoria looks over at me with eyes full of hope, "I think so. You'll do it?"

"If they give me a vacation? Yeah, I will."

"Minho!" Soojung growls.

I no longer paid attention. It's just a kiss, right?

"Awesome! We can do it tomorrow! The director and the planning team are outside and are already on stand-by!"

"What? Unnie! I didn't agree to anything!"

"Come on, sit on the sofa. Soojung-ah, can’t you do this for f(x)’s sake? If this promotion would be successful, our group could potentially snag a CF or two." Victoria pleaded. She looked really pitiful so I butted in.

"It's just a kiss, Soojung. Chill out. No one's asking you to strip me down or something.”

 I laughed inside at how red Soojung suddenly gets. When she stands up, I thought for a second that she might slap me.

Instead she just leaves.

"Hey! Wait!" Victoria tries to grab her sleeve as she departs, but So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter