27th May 2015

27th May 2015

tumblr_ndjs14Eynu1qfhiqco2_500.gif

Chapter OST: Long Time No See - iKon [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LpwPGKdWaA]

It is 27th May 2015 today

I entered my midnight blue Lexus, putting pressure on the start button while closing the door.

It has been 4 years since you left Korea without a single word to me.

I sling on my seatbelt and slip on my black ray-bans shades as I put my feet on the pedal.

Starting the vehicle towards one destination, I sped through the traffic.

I reached the huge airport within half an hour; I took a deep breath and unbuckled my seatbelt as I slouched to the soft cushion behind me for a while before opening the door and exiting the car.

 The car caught much attention because of its brand; I mentally knocked myself on the head for getting so much attention.

I saw a group of girls walking out of the airport doors as I watched them cautiously from behind my sunglasses.

Hearing in on their conversation, I held my breath.

“The guy leaning against the blue Lexus looked like JunHoe Oppa, doesn’t he?”

“Aye, it’s not him, iKon is in Japan!”

I let out a breath of relief; the company did not inform the fans that our flight got a delayed by a week due to the weather at Japan.

I went into the airport, holding myself tightly to my black coat.

I walked slowly towards the flight arrival area as I took out my phone on the way.

Tapping on the screen of the flight arrival, I checked the specific flight to see that it just arrived.

I fastened my pace in walking as I stood behind the group of people behind the waiting bars, folding my arms.

I got a lot of judgmental faces, no signboards, no excitement of my face, why I am here, was what they were thinking.

I ignored them all as I saw many people started coming out, pushing their luggage on luggage carts or dragging it by their arms, looking out for people.

I leaned against the pillar behind me, folding my arms; I put my right foot up on the wall behind me to stable myself.

I closed my eyes, remembering the moment when I was informed that you left.

27th May 2011

It was a Saturday; I was in the practice room with iKon as usual.

We were practicing for our monthly evaluations for Sajangnim.

As the clock ticked from 7am moving on to lunch break soon, at 1pm, my energy got stronger as my smile slowly appeared on my face.

We were given a few minutes of break as JinHwan Hyung had to go and meet Sajangnim.

I gulped a bottle of water down as Bobby Hyung settled beside me, saying loudly,” You seem excited today”

He continued,” Have a date with somebody later?”

I widened my eyes as he caught on so quickly.

B.I turned behind abruptly hearing Bobby’s sentence.

“Yah, Goo JunHoe, you should know best that you shouldn’t date behind our back!”

His nagging started,” Why are you even dating now, yah, you should be focusing on your practice!”

“You could get kicked out of YG, do you want that?!”

I threw a dirty look at Bobby as he shrugged and surrendered.

I cut B.I off,” Hyung, I am not dating anyone. I just have a lunch date with my younger sister later on.”

He understood the situation quickly as he confirmed,” Sae Ron?” 

I nodded at him as I took this chance to tell him,” Hyung so please let me off on time later, Kamsahamida!”

The team laughed at my excuse to leave early as B.I agreed,” Neh, I’ll be nice today, since you specifically asked me.”

1pm, I was let off on time, I told the driver of our team to drive me to the restaurant we agreed to meet at.

The team was eating at the cafeteria so they did not need the car.

We reached within half an hour as I opened the door, sliding it out hurriedly.

Adjusting my black snapback, I pushed open the transparent door, trying to find you in the empty restaurant.

As I said, it empty.

You weren’t here.

I took out my phone, and sent a message to you.

To: Sae Ron-ie

Yah, you stuck in traffic?

Sent at: 1:31PM

After 5 minutes, still no reply, you would usually reply almost immediately, why weren’t you replying now?

To: Sae Ron-ie

Did something happen?

Sent at: 1:36PM

To: Sae Ron-ie

You need me to fetch you?

Sent at: 1:38PM

To: Sae Ron-ie

Did you just ditch your Oppa?

Sent at: 1:50PM

To: Sae Ron-ie

You want to die?

Sent at: 2:00PM

To: Sae Ron

You agreed to treat Oppa food today because I worked hard for evaluation TT.TT

Sent at: 2:15PM

The waitress came out, seeing that I was standing there for very long.

She asked if I was Goo JunHoe

Yes I was- I should have never said that.

She passed me an envelope.

Opening it, it was your handwriting.

Dearest Jun Oppa,

Have you waited long for me? Mianhae, I couldn’t meet you today.

Maybe for a long time as well.

Oppa, I was afraid if I met you, I could not bring myself to leave.

When you are reading this, I think I am on the flight to London already.

Why London?

I got a job and university offer there.

It is provided with a scholarship.

Aye, don’t blame Umma, Appa or yourself for not being able to see me.

I can’t have a meal with you now, but I will have a meal with you, exactly 4 years later, alright!

For now, I still used my money to treat you this meal.

I ordered your favorite Kimchi Jiggae for you, eat well!

Make sure not one drop is left!

I’m not sure if you will hate me TT.TT

Do well for evaluations!

Love,

Goo Sae Ron (Your favorite Dongsaeng in the world!)

I chuckled, choking my tears back,” You were my only Dongsaeng, Pabo-yah”

I was guided to a seating area as Kimchi Jiggae was served to me.

The waitress caringly told me,” Sae Ron-sii prepared this specially; she went and learnt how to cook Kimchi Jiggae from our chefs.”

I opened my eyes, just as to see a girl dressed in a black dress, in heels, looking more matured than before.

Her long hair wavered down to her middle back as she pulled her black luggage behind her.

She was not like others, she did not long for anybody, and she did not look around.

She had a straight face, with slight contentment.

She was so certain that she was going home alone.

I pushed myself off as I walked towards her slowly.

I walked right beside her and grabbed her luggage out of her grip.

I heard her curse and shouted,

”Yah”

She turned to meet my sunglass-ed eyes as she widened her eyes.

“J-Jun Oppa?”

I left a straight face as she pouted, wondering if it was really me.

I took a glance at her sideways as she was staring right at me.

I grew taller as she looked so petite next to me now, she barely reached my shoulders.

With her heels, her height extended more.

I cleared my throat slightly;” You owe me Kimchi jiggae.”

She looked slightly relieved that I was speaking to her.

Her smile got slightly wider as she held onto my arms before suddenly pulling back.

She apologetically told me,” Mianhae, I was too used to doing this when you were a trainee, now Mr. Goo is an idol!”

I gave a small smile at her antiques as I took her hand and led it to hook onto my arms.

She felt hesitant at first before clinging on comfortably as I pulled her luggage on the other hand.

We went to the restaurant that we were supposed to meet 4 years ago.

Ordered Kimchi Jiggae and waited.

The restaurant was empty as it was not the peak hours yet.

We sat in slight silence as it we were avoiding each other’s glances.

Finally we could each other’s eye.

She cleared slightly,” How is work… Jun Oppa?”

“It’s slightly tiring sometimes but I am still here.”

She cracked a smile before going back to a solemn face.

“Mianhae…”

I looked away from her

“Mianhae for leaving you 4 years ago when you needed me the most, Oppa”

“As you said it was 4 years ago already, the past it is.” I quietly said.

“I was forced upon the scholarship last minute, I couldn’t have any say.”

I looked up at her glossy eyes as her cold expression still stayed.

She continued her sentence,” If I left after that meal, I may not have left for the flight.”

She joked slightly, trying to loosen the tension,” Your persuading skill is daebak.”

I told her with slight demand,” Stop”

“Stop it right now, everything is okay, alright, stop blaming yourself. I don’t blame you.”

She gave a small smile as she nervously looked up.

“Now start smiling like the old Goo Sae Ron or I will have to fly to London to punch the bastards that changed you.”

I casually added in,” If you continued that cold attitude, I would be ashamed of my cold city guy look in iKon neh, don’t steal my job, princess.

“Now that you’re back, let’s remain this way.”



Tweet Me: @unstanflopkon