Don't Cry

So Don't Cry

Jung Taekwoon had never seen Cha Hakyeon cry of sadness before that day.

He'd seen proud tears stream down the leader's face before when they won awards, relieved tears drip from his unique eyes when things turned out well after struggle and even hot frustrated tears be quickly brushed away when he wasn't able to dance or sing because of sickness or strain . . . but never sadness. To be honest, Taekwoon took it for granted that Hakyeon didn't even feel sadness like everybody else since he was usually in a better place than the rest of them. 

Cha Hakyeon didn't have days when he didn't want anyone to bother him, he didn't have a angry outbursts and certainly didn't cry out of sadness. 

But he was.

Taekwoon's heart dropped when he found the leader in the corner of their shared room hunched into himself, shaking and silently sobbing. He looked so much smaller than Taekwoon ever realized he was and seemed thin as if the breeze from their window could just push him over with ease. The bits of lightly tan face that showed were blotchy and discolored as if he'd been crying for a long time.

"Hakyeon . . .", Taekwoon quietly said, trying to swallow the initial uncomfortable instinct to leave his hyung. The older furiously wiped his tears away and looked over to Taekwoon with a slight smile as if he hadn't been crying at all. "What's up Leo-ah?"

It was staggeringly strange to Taekwoon how simply he could fix his face when in the case of the other members and even himself, it was easy to tell when they were sad or near tears. He didn't know why they called him the poker-face when Hakyeon perfected the art of looking as if he had just been dancing hard in one moment with one smile. The smile he always automatically flashed to convince people he was fine.

"What's wrong?" Taekwoon pried, sitting next to Hakyeon.

The older man stood as Taekwoon sat. He turned and smiled, "I just remembered that I had to help choreograph something for Hongbin, let's talk later okay?" He tried to bounce off, but Taekwoon quickly grabbed his arm before he could leave and pulled him back.

His eyes projected some of the hurt he was feeling in his heart. You're not like this, Taekwoon spoke to Hakyeon in his mind. You're not the one that doesn't know how to communicate, that's my job.

"What's wrong?" He asked again more forcefully, perhaps more desperately.

Hakyeon shook his head and huffed like he was offended, but his lip trembled instead of actually saying anything. The wall was starting to crumble a bit. Taekwoon loosened his grip on the older's arm and cautiously s it down to his hand. Hakyeon, despite jittery fingers, took the warm hand but avoided Taekwoon's sincere eyes.

"You can tell me", Taekwoon said with assurance in his small voice. He understood what it felt like to be on the other side now. To be on the receiving end of waiting patiently for answers that could allow for help if they were just answered. He knew what Hakyeon went through on a daily basis because of his attitude, but he didn't feel inconvenienced, he felt scared and worried. What could make their great leader become like this?

Hakyeon didn't meet Taekwoon's eyes, but tightened his grip on his hand as he slowly said, "Taekwoon-ah . . . I'm gay and . . . I like you."

He buried his face into the younger man's chest right away. 

"There it is. I'm gay and the truth is, I like you. I really like you a lot, like love you. I was scared that you would hate me and that Vixx would be over and-"

Taekwoon took Hakyeon's face between his hands and looked at him.

He'd always thought his hyung was a little bit different than the other members. He always wondered why he never talked about girlfriends like the kids did and didn't indulge in that first love stuff. It made sense, he guessed. Why else would Hakyeon hallways take care of him and seen to genuinely enjoy it? He wondered over and over again what was in it for the man who seemed to take solace in just holding his hand occasionally and hugging him. It all made sense.

Did it really though? Or was Taekwoon just making up those emotions because secretly he liked the hand holding and the hugs and just everything Hakyeon did for him. He liked being paid attention to.

He didn't know what he was doing. He never even thought of another man before in his life, except Cha Hakyeon that is. Maybe he had a dream with him every so often and imagined what his lips would feel like on his own and . . .

He didn't even know how to put it into words.

Taekwoon's leaned down and kissed Hakyeon.

It was a gentle brush of a kiss, just a whisper passed between them. Taekwoon felt dizzy and confused for only doing that much so stepped away, but Hakyeon pulled him back down for another kiss.

And another and another and another.

When they finally stopped, Taekwoon brushed a bit of Hakyeon's hair from his face and ran a finger of his lips with the slightest smile. One last peck to seal the deal.

"I like you too", he said simply, not having trouble finding these words. "So don't cry anymore."

 

Short and sweet yo

Fluffiest thing I wrote in awhile

Proud Neo shipper