sundays with the girls

Life's A Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Life is just one long, hard kick in the urethra."

Seulgi chuckled at the comment,  grabbing the bowl of Doritos from the coffee table and settling herself in between the pillows on her couch. The familiar sound of Bojack Horseman's opening credits filled her apartment. 

It was Sunday, their first real break from filming, and she'd opted to stay at home and re-watch a bunch of her favorite shows until Soojung's arrival later in the evening for their girls' night in. The cast and a few of the crew had asked her if she'd want to go have lunch and tea together, but as much as she loved her friends, she'd much rather spend the afternoon chilling on the couch, having some alone time—

"Cartoons? I mean, not to judge you or anything, but really, Seul?"

—at least, she'd planned to have some alone time.

She turned her gaze to Sehun, who was taking his coat off at her doorway, and heaved a sigh. "You do realize that I could've been ."

"And I wouldn't have minded," he grinned as he made his way to where she was. 

Seulgi eyed him. Beneath the coat he had on a maroon jumper, the one she bought for him last Christmas (coincidentally, he gave her a maroon coat). It's only been a few months since then and already the threads looked loose—she made a mental note to get him a new one. Maybe something lighter, like coral or teal.

Sehun noticed her staring and grinned even wider. "You know it's my favorite."

She tore her eyes away from the jumper and ignored the comment. "I also know that's it's too warm outside for you to be wearing that."

He shrugged, plopping down beside her on the couch. "The climate's all messed up because of mankind anyway. Besides, your apartment's always a little cold." His added weight made her shift from her position, now she was close enough to feel the heat radiating off of him.

Seulgi readjusted herself. 

The fact that Sehun had been in her apartment often enough for him to notice that she liked having the room temperature a tad bit chilly (if only to wear the oversized sweaters she liked) was not something she found particularly comforting, as were his random visits, some even in the middle of the night. 

"What if the paps catch you?"

"Our companies will handle that. They always do."

"What if a rumor starts?"

"Seul, there are hundreds of rumors about us already, let them have a moment of happiness, no matter how disillusioned they may be." Sehun grabbed a handful of Doritos from the bowl and stuffed his mouth with them. In between chews, he said, "Don't worry, 'kay?" and gave her a pat on the head.

The actress shook his hand away. "What're you even doing here?"

"Well, the boys and I are gonna go club-hopping later on in the evening and so I thought, what better way to kill time by hanging out with my favorite bear?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Calling me a bear got old last year, Hun." 

"Favorite person then," Sehun said with a smile before tapping her on the nose, getting some Dorito powder on it. He turned to her television—Bojack Horseman was in the process of getting dumped by his girlfriend. "Anyway, don't you have something else on? Oh I know, let's watch Titanic! You have it on dvd, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," Seulgi stood up, knowing full well that she couldn't refuse him. 

This wasn't the first time he'd forced her to watch the film. He'd always say it was for her sake, that she had to watch the cinematic genius that was Titanic, but she knew it was his guilty pleasure,  He'd always get a little teary-eyed when Rose let Jack go, and even whispered help with the character when the rescue boats came. Seulgi knew that behind his bad boy facade, Sehun was a softie, not that it was a secret.

"Why do I have it on dvd again? I hate sad movies."

"The same reason you gave me a copy of your apartment key."

She turned back to him. "Because you wouldn't stop nagging me about it?"

"I was going to say because I'm your best friend and you love me, but close enough."

- - - - -

Some time after Sehun had gone—after Titanic and a bunch of John Hughes movies—Soojung came over. Ever since the two met, after their initial awkwardness, they've had sleepovers every Sunday on the second week of the month, without fail. And while one could have never guessed that the two were close—what with Soojung's cold demeanor—they were. They did face masks and gossiped and all that other stuff. It was practically a tradition. 

Currently, Seulgi was painting the girl's nails.

"So Sehun came over, again? Didn't he sleepover here last time, too? Honestly, are you two dating?"

Seulgi paused, her hand freezing in the air, just above Soojung's outstretched one. "You know we aren't."

"How could I be sure you two aren't just hiding it from me? From everyone?" She waved a shiny, silver-nailed finger. "Knowing you, you'd be good at keeping it a secret. For all we know, you guys could already be engaged or even married, which would explain why you sometimes sound like an old married couple."

Seulgi scrunched her nose and shook her head. They did not act like an old married couple. "We do not act like an old married couple. And I promise you, I am definitely not dating Sehun."

Soojung nodded and didn't say anything else. Seulgi thought that was the end of the topic and, relieved, went back to painting the girl's nails. She was starting to settle back into the sound of silence and the occasional tapping noise Soojung made as she texted when the other girl spoke again.

"So you're ing him then?"

Seulgi nearly spilled the nail polish all over her white carpet. Her jaw fell open and her eyes went as wide as they could. "Soojung!"

"O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter