Melancholy

To make a change

1. 

 

 

It’s been a month since Luhan left exo and went back to China. Right now he wasn’t really doing anything, just waiting for the upcoming lawsuits. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t scared. SM is a big company, and they always got what they wanted. Hopefully, it would turn out differently for him, since he was in China now and doesn’t have any plans to persuade his idol carreer. Maybe he would have to pay debts to SM. But Luhan had no regrets. This was the best for him.

Luhan sat silently on the couch in his appartment. It was rather small, he couldn’t effort any bigger. But that didn’t really bother him, in fact, he didn’t mind where he was living. As long as he had a place to sleep and food. But something that did bother him was the silence. Absolute silence.

No loud talking, no laughing, no annoying sounds. Silence. He was living alone now, not sharing a room with 11 others. All alone.

 

Yes, Luhan missed s. He felt sorry for them, for leaving them, but at the same time he didn’t. When Kris left, there was barely any reaction from s. That bothered him. Only the Chinese members seemed to care. But after a while they forgot Kris, while Luhan just couldn’t forget him, never. Now, when Luhan himself left, it would probably the same. His ex-members would just move on and eventually forget about him too. And so would the fans, they already hate him anyway. Luhan has read all the comments on SNS, the fans say that he betrayed exo and he actually started to feel that way too. But then the news came that exo would have a comeback, and so Luhan was forgotten by the fans already. Exo would be 10 from now on. They would survive without him.

Luhan sighed as he opened a bag of chips and started to munch on it. At least he could eat whatever he wants now, no strict diet rules. He watched TV and zapped through the many channels. He stopped for a moment when Lay appeared on TV.

 

 "What happened in the past must have had a lot of impact on the company. Everything I choose and decide now will also of course impact the company." Lay said, nodding. "I think the company as well as the individuals are experiencing a process of growth, changes, and challenges."

"The members are very strong. Right now the members are holding each other's hands and walking forth together. I can't say that Kris and Luhan's leave had no impact on the group. There is an impact. But I want to say this. Everyone is good. As long as everyone is good, it's fine."

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow. He knew that Lay was sincere, but the other members? He really made an impact? Lay used to be his only friend in exo, and he felt sorry fort hem that fans were suspicious of Lay leaving too. Some were even hating on him because he still has contact with Luhan. That kind of hurt Luhan. Suddenly he was the bad guy, the traitor.

Another sigh as Luhan turned off the TV. What should he do now? In China, he had become quite the celebrity. Chinese media were praising him, while Korean media was downgrading him. Maybe he should take advantage of that.. but how? He couldn’t be a couch potatoe like this forever. But he didn’t want a regular job and live boringly too. He should do something with his life. Luhan was in deep thought.

Suddenly, he got an idea. Luhan smiled to himself and stood up.

 

“Today will be the start of something new.” He whispered to himself.