001

I'm a Housekeeper not a Nanny!

It had been a week since I've started working in this mansion. And through that whole week, I think my salary was cut about 80% because I've been breaking many rules that the Boss stated. Well it's not my fault that I hate wearing a maid outfit, it has a skirt. Lee Freya do not wear skirt unless it's only for school which I've graduate about 5 years ago. And it's not my fault that the mansion took 2 hours to get there, the bus are too full with people and it always came after an hour. Tell me how to solve this mess! But Boss say, "Do not give excuses!" Sure, Boss... whatever you say. You're the Boss anyway, the freaking sly Boss. I regret agreeing to this job!!!!!!


"Fre," Great, something mischevious this way come. I look up from the end of the stairs and saw the cute little minions. They were walking down the stairs with a bright smile on their face. I am suspicious of their smiles. Kids smiles always means something especially if they smile too big. They want something. I can bet'cha.


"We are not eating sweets for breakfast. Your uncle scream at me because of that." I told them. I still remember that very scene when Boss find out. His eyes just grow damn red and it scares the heck out of me. How can someone eyes grow red? I don't know, I didn't take biology during High School. I am Chemistry student which I fail badly because I hate listening to teacher talks, it's boring at times. I've always sit at the back of the class and listen to music secretly while pretending to listen to teacher, my daily routine to all of the classes that I hate. High School life.... !


"Urm, everyone knows that sweets for breakfast is a no-no. That's why were never even eat them when you place it on our table. Only a dumb person would do that."


I hate this little young girl. Who is she? Natascha. This girl is the defination of young arrogant. She has this Queenka aura and she's just a 6th Grader. Beside her, I heard snickers, it's the twins, Naomi and Lisa, always together. They are like Fred and george of the Harry Potter story. They loves pranking and I would never wanted to remember the first day I met and got pranked by them.


"Ha ha..." I laughed, my unique and sarcastic laughed. Kaiya, the oldest of them all apologise. Such a nice kid.


"So, what do you want?" I asked, almost forgetting that they want something.


"Can we go to the amusement park?" Miso, the 2nd youngest ask. Cute little munchkin...


I bend down to her level and pulled a list and pointed towards the 1st sentence. It reads, no amusement park. Miso smiley and happy face turns into sadness. Then soon, a chorus of groans and disappointments echoes.


"Sorry, but I've to follow the rules. I need my salary and as much as I like you little ferrets, I love money more so.... ask Boss and maybe he will agree." I told them and Natascha snorted.


"Don't snort. You're only 12. And don't roll your eyes at me, it's rude." I told Natascha. This girl is hard to tamed.


"Freya, are you making a joke this early in the morning?" Julian asked, the cool and macho boy in the family. "You know very well we don't communicate much with Kai, right? He's always in his drawing room and we, well we're always all over the place in this mansion. There's no fun locked in this mansion. It's like prison cell."


I was amazed. Firstly, he's mature. Secondly, when I was 10 years, I have never speak or used the word communicate and drawing room in my life. I didn't even know it exist until I was 16 years old. Shocking right? That's my life though. I'm lacking and I know it. I feel so little and miserable beside them. Their vocabulary are good unlike mine. These elementary kids and one middle school too and a kindergarden kid and ... you understand me!


"She's amazed again." Julian speaks, hands folded to his chest.


"Sorry... I was just.. So about Kai, I mean Boss, I can't do anything except following his rules."


"Why don't we play together? The garden then?" Lincoln, cute little Lincoln boy... So cute and huggable and... this kid is love, that's for sure. You want to cuddle and squish him and kiss him and baby him and pamper him and and and... I used to many and in one sentence...


When Lincoln told me that, I was happy. Everyone was but then I remember something. I am NOT a NANNY!


"NO! I am not you Nanny! I am a Housekeeper! Don't treat me like a Nanny! Ignore me and I will ignore you. Let's understand this. I am your Housekeeper which means I clean the house but not cook or take care of you. Do we understand each other? Of course we do... So, see ya brats. Lee Freya is out! Peace!"

 

 


I cannot believe that I am doing this. I am a Housekeeper! I keep telling myself that but when I saw them at the garden, pushing and playing with each other, I can't help but look after them. I do not know what you call this instinct is but I think it's motherly? I mean, who wouldn't when the kids even Kaiya, the most responsible kid left their almost 2 years old cousin, Cooper the Pooper outside without protection. He will get sick! Urgh... I cannot believe this. I'm so turning into a Nanny! I cannot have this. I need to speak with Boss Kai. Boss, you are one freaking person!


So they play and play and have fun for almost 3 hours and I have abandon all of my housework to look after them and I'm pretty sure Boss will blow his head off. Which happens exactly as I thought when we enter the living room and saw Boss furious face. Cooper was taken by Kaiya and the kids rush to their rooms immediately. So, in the living room was left only me and Kai, I mean Boss. 


"You abandon your work." He told me. "You were suppose to clean my house. But you abandon it and play with the kids. Do you want me to fired you?!"


"NO! I-I.. I was afraid that something might happen to the kids. I was just looking out for them. I..."


"No excuses! Salary deduction!"


"You know this isn't fair. The kids wanted to play but there's no Nanny to look after them. You are their guardian so why are you neglecting them? If you are too busy to check on them, atleast hire a Nanny. They need to be look after."


"They are old enough to look after themselves. Don't pamper them."


Old enough? Cooper is old enough to look after himself? Miso is old enough to look after herself? What? Grab a hammer and let me hit his head. He needs proper air circulation to think rationally and humanly.


"Since when did a 1 year old could look after himself? Do you want Miso to be kidnapped while walking back from her kindergarden? They are just kids, you know. Kids needs protections. Kids need to be loved fully especially when they went through that kind of situations. They lost their parents at a very young age and their parents entrust you to look after them, not neglected them. Don't look surprise, they told me. They told me alot of things like their birthdays. Do you know their birthdays? Of course you don't. You have been locking yourself in that room..."


"Oh! Oh, look whos' talking. Say the person who have been locking herself in her home for 5 damn years because she fails her High School!"

 

 


"Where do you think you're going?"


"Home, Boss. I've finish everything so I..."


"Rule 2 : A housekeeper can't leave the house not until her Boss give her permission, for precautious. Did you forget that? I didn't allow you, so who gave you the permission to leave?" Kai was smirking. He walk towards every corner of the mansion to check the place, as always. I look at my watch. It's almost evening. I've to go. Today is family gathering day. As much as I hate family gathering, I have to be present. Family rules, all members need to be there. Why? So that they can gloat their achievement straight into my freaking face?


"Boss, can you do this alittle faster. I have to go home immediately."


He ignore me and walk up to the kids room. I followed him and pester him as much as I could. But for some reason today, he has a patience of a saint. Is it because I yell at him that morning and he turn and become Saint Potter?! No way... this is awesome.


"I thought you say you clean everything? Why is the play room a mess?"


I take that back. Voldy-Kai is back. I turn to look at the room and literally glare at the kids who was smiling innocently.


"Oi," I call them. "What did you do to this room? Why the heck is there ketchup on the wall. It's creative but what..."


"Actually," Dennis speak, the cute nerd in the family speaks. "That's Cooper vomit."


My eyes grow big. I turn to Cooper and he was smiling. How can you throw up on the wall and make it into a masterpiece?! HOW?! Someone tell me?!


"Well, we have an artistic genes, of course." Cristina, the femine and sweet one speak up. I look towards them.


"Wait, did I speak out loud?"


"Yes." They answer. I turn to Kai and he instruct with his hands to clean it up while he pushes the kids out of the room.


I cannot believe this. It's past my worktime and I still have to work. This better has OT salary or else I'm gona flip some tables around here.

 

 


"You're late, Freya."


Mom was there, infront of the house and was waiting for me with her hands on her hips and it usually means trouble. The house is still partying.... but Mom is fuming. I pushes open the white gate and walk in. I grin and walk past Mom but she called me.


"Can't you call if you're late. You're aunts in there was being chatty. They were insulting you, saying that you might have have have... you know, 'it' with you Boss and that's why you are late."


Are they serious? Me? With Boss? Eww....... who the heck wants a person like me? Boss must be very blind or plain idiot for wanting me. And Aunties... their mouth won't just shut like how their mind works. I sigh and walk in the house. The first thing that I saw was Aunt Lee. Urgh..... chitty-chatter is here.


"You're late." She speaks, all authority. Aunt, last time I check you're just an aunt not my Mom.


"OT." I replied with a smile and walk towards the stairs.


"Hmm... OT with Boss, then?"


So, she's the culprit. Am I a hoe in her eyes? Which part of my hoodie clothes, slightly baggy jeans and messy pony-tail hair screams, I'm selling my body?! Dude, people can be so narrow-minded! I am not interest into relationship. I am not homo but I just find it awkward having a relationship. It's.. eww....


"I'm going to shower then." I told and rush up hurridly. The more I stay, the more 'nice' words she's going to give me.


I never like my aunts and uncles especially Aunt Lee. She tends to boast about her children everytime we have family gathering. It's annoying and her words are damn hurtful. She might indirectly jab her words towards me but I choose to ignore it. Stuff my earphones in ear and let the music plays and all I hear when she speaks towards me, all I was was just bla bla bla bla bla.... I get it, her children has high jobs. Example, Judge, Lawyer, Professor, CEO, Politician, Police Officer and also a Doctor Surgeon. And me? who am I to be in the same standard as her clever and high pay children. I'm just a burden in the family.

 

 


"I'm telling you. You should leave alone and not burden your family. You are old only enough to get marry! I was around your age and I have 3 children! When will you stop burdening your parents?! Freya, your parents won't say it out loud but I know them. I know they wanted you to get a job. Being a cleaner is not something you should be proud off. Our family don't tolerate any members being a cleaner. Don't tarnished this family name, Freya!"


"Actually, I work as a Housekeeper not a cleaner." I timidly speak up. All eyes were on me.


"Housekeeper?! You work as a hous... Lee Freya! You work as a maid?!" Aunt Lee scream. I was stun. Maid? No. I'm not a maid, I'm a housekeeper.


"Maid is much more worst than a cleaner, Freya! You would downgrade yourself to be a servant? If your grandparents were alive, they would be insulted by this. How dare you choose a work as a maid. See, this is what happen if you didn't study properly. You failed and be a burden in our parents life and also, you automatically become a loser. Loser for life because you can't get any job with that kind of qualification. You failed your High School, didn't you? How are you going to survive after your parents death?! We are not supporting you, Freya. You..."


It's okay, Freya. Don't take their words seriously. They didn't know anything about you. No ones know you like you know yourself. No one understand about your fears. No one knows what you feel when you knows you have fail to get into University? No one knows how you feel when you saw your parents disappointed eyes when they saw your High School certificate. No ones knows that you suffer from a phobia called atychiphobia.


No one knows you keep on thinking about your future. No one knows anything that goes in your heart. No ones knows that everynight, that you would cry thinking about your unseen future. No ones knows how badly you wanted to turn back time and correct all your mistake. No one knows how you felt scared everytime. No one knows that you are scared to go to crowded places. No one knows that you were bullied in your school days. Everyone only knows that you are strong and ignorant. But no one knows that I am very sensitive and in constant fear.


Why does it hurt so much? Why does her words are so hurtful? I couldn't speak and just smile as always. Does she have to do this? Does she have to humiliate me infront of everyone? Why am I the target of her hatred? There's little kids, my nieces and nephews infront and why does she have to humiliate me infront of them? I turn to look at my parents and they look away. I just smile. Why do I feel like I'm about to cry? Why do I feel my heart just been stab? Am I really that useless in their eyes? I'm not, right? I'm a human and I bound to make mistake. Why didn't they help me? Is it because I never open up to anyone? Could you blame me? Even if I do, no one would listen to me. It hurts.... hurts so bad.

 

 

 

 

Finally updating. If there any grammar mistake or the story is ish, please bear with me. English is not my best subject.

Check out my other stories :
1. Love is Blind (D.O)
2. Nobody Knows (BAEKYEON)
3. Married Again (XIUMIN)
4. Cupid Last Game (CHEN & D.O) not .
5. The Runaway Bride (SUHO)
6. Our Commitment (CHANYEOL)
7. Please Be Careful With My Heart (BAEKHYUN)
8. His Masquerade (SEHUN)

 

 

I will try to update weekly and if I don't, please try to understand that my brain need resting and I have other things to do. Thanks!!!!!