Kai The Catboy

Kai The Catboy

 

Kyungsoo wiped his tears with his sleeve. “It’s okay, I’ll see him again.” He reassured himself as he stepped into his cold house. He lifted his shaking hand and the light. The pale blue wallpaper calmed him immediately. “At least I have this to remember you by.” He let out a soft smile and touched the wall. “Blue was always your favorite color…” He let his hand fall with a sigh and dragged his feet down the hallway to his bed room. He threw himself on the bed, burying his head in the pillows. “These still smell like you..” He closed his eyes and went into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~

“MeeeeoOOOOOOwwww.” A tap on the window and a scratch of a cat woke up poor Kyungsoo. He lifted himself out of bed, rubbed his eyes, and walked to the window.

“What’s up with you?” he looked at the cat. The animal pawed the window and meowed once more.

“What am I supposed to do? Go away…” He angrily shut the blinds and stomped out of his room.  “Silly cat…. I never liked animals, that responsibility was always Jongin’s…” A sigh left his mouth as he grabbed the pancake mix. “Jongin loved pancakes…” He softly smiled and set the mix down on the counter. Walking out of the kitchen, he grabbed his keys and coat. He slowly opened the door and let one foot leave the carpet area.

“mEEEOOOWwwww!” A scream flew to his ears. “Oh my gosh!” He looked down in shock at the brown cat he saw at his window. “What are you doing here? Go home.” The cat looked up and limped forwards. He rubbed his face on Kyungsoo’s leg and purred. “No, I am not your owner. I am Kyungsoo.” The cat let out a mew and jumped on to Kyungsoo’s shirt. “Holy!! Bad cat!” His arms instinctively enveloped the cat. “Don’t you have an owner?” He checked the cats neck. “No tag, but isn’t this Jongin’s bracelet?” Kyungsoo pondered. The same bracelet he gave Jongin for christmas was wrapped around the little thing’s neck. “Don’t tell me…. This was Jongin’s cat?” Kyungsoo’s eyes enlarged. “Okay Kittie, you will live with me!” He brought the cat inside.”

~~~~~~~

“Hmmm.” He held the cat on his lap. “You know, you kind of look like Jongin…” The cat meowed and rubbed his head against Kyungsoo’s hand. “Jongin used to go by this ridiculous nickname in high school- Kai. How does that sound? Kai.” Kyungsoo smiled and rubbed the cats ears. The cat purred and jumped off the mans lap. He walked to the hallway, turned his head and meowed, then walked on.

“I’m gonna take it that you want me to follow…” Kyungsoo stood up and followed Kai to his bedroom.  By the time he got there, Kai had jumped on the desk and knocked a frame on the bed. He sat with his paw on a face.

“This is Jongin.” Kyungsoo smiled and picked up the cat. “He use to live here with me.” The cat meowed. “Here isn’t here now…. There was an accident a few months ago.” He sniffed. “Anyways, he has been missing ever since.”

“Meeeowwwwww.” Kai the cat let out. He jumped on the frame and pointed to Jongin once again. “Meeeooooowwwww.

“Yeah, that’s him…” Kyungsoo softly smiled. He pushed the cat off the frame and placed it back on his desk. “Lets go get food. Come on kittie Kai.” He picked up the cat and took a step.

“Meeooowww!” The cat yelled and fell out of his hands. It’s small body began to shake and twitch.

“Kai! Holy crap. What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo dropped to his knees, hands hesitantly raised above the cat. “Whats---” He stopped talking and backed away as the former cat shifted and changed into a tan man. “Oh my gosh.” He grabbed his bed sheet and threw it on the animal and ran out of his room, shutting the door.

“That was not right. I must be sleeping. Yup, all a dream. Ain’t no way the cat turned into Jongin… Nope…” He rambled while curled on the couch.

“Kyungsoo…” He heard the familiar call of his lover. “It’s really me… “ Jongin stepped out of the bed room, wrapped in Kyungsoo’s purple bed sheets. “I’ve been a cat for all this time…. sorry I should have told you…”

“Told me what, that you are a shapeshifter?” Kyungsoo rolled off the couch landed on the floor.

“No, that I am a catboy…” Jongin pulled his tail out and fluffed his ears.

“Great.” Kyungsoo huffed. His eyes lulled and his consciousness faded.