PROLOGUE.

obscure.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year is 2058.

 

The city which once was girded with lights that shone brighter than the stars at night no longer has that ability. Instead, piles of debris lay, this being the only proof that any towering architecture once existed. Beat up cars scatter along the streets which were ruined by cracks forming, and still gradually becoming bigger, as if threatening to tear the city apart.

No longer could one hear the laughter of children nor the noise of street vendors simultaneously calling out to people. Instead, people stay locked up in their homes (or at least what was left of their homes), curled up in terror, fearing for their lives. Only a few people dare tread the outdoors, as it was deemed dangerous.

It was a struggle, considering how supplies are becoming limited. Only a few brave souls dared to scout the premises to provide for their loved ones; while a minority of them is armed with guns, it’s very rare that those people are knowledgeable in handling the arms.

 

This was Seoul now. Once the special city, now a town as if left to rot. The Special Forces and many members of the government fled the premises right before the chemical ITPP-009 broke out, about five years ago. The aftermath of the outbreak has not yet healed, as there were no measures done to evacuate the civilians; everybody was just left behind and the entirety of Korea was, inevitably, erased off of the map.

 

The chemical ITPP-009 (a shortened form of the original name, Izuya Tsukimori Perfect Person Model 009) was created in the underground science scene of South Korea, specifically Seoul, by Japanese scientists.

 

As the name suggests, its goal is to create “perfect people”, with built forms and incredible intelligence. This chemical would have been injected into army men, special troops and the like to increase the security and military ability of Korea.

 

While the specifics and even the mere attempt to create the drug was never disclosed to the public, everything went array when the prior test subjects, human beings who went through awful mutation (as the drug was aiming for, it did give the test subjects heightened strength, but it tampered with the faction of their brain that was intended to provide an easier means of collecting and retaining knowledge, instead ridding them of their humanity, in such a sense that their ability to have their feelings be in control of how their bodies worked was no longer rendered) fled their underground holding facilities.

 

Another thing was that they no longer looked human— they towered over seven feet tall and were broader, muscles practically bulging out, looking as if they’re about to pop out of their flesh, or at least what was left of it. Parts of their skin were peeling off (the chemical also kills off weak cells, such as the ones found in human flesh), and thus the mouth area of these beings were all eaten away by the thick substance that oozes out of their mouths- to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter