Dance With Me

Dance With Me

 

 

Hey, it’s the last day of school and our class decided to have our own, you know, “farewell party” even though we’re just Juniors, it’s like end-of-the-school party my classmates would call it,  besides the actual party that the school would host for the Seniors tomorrow. My friends, Chanyeol, Suho, Lay and Sehun, and I, unfortunately, will be the one planning for the whole thing with the help of the girls, L , G, A  and Z… Z, with her stunning dark eyes and that perfect smile. and that lips… Z, who is the prettiest in her group. No. The entire class. No. In the entire school.

“Hey! Earth to Kai!” I was back to myself when Chanyeol’s voice suddenly pops in my mind. We were seated in our favorite spot outside the school’s cafeteria, just near the school’s gym. We prefer the outside during lunch and because Sehun once said it was too crowded and too noisy and told us he might choke on while eating inside the cafeteria, which eventually led us a spot outside.

“Kai, you have your phone right? You’re in charge of the music.” Chanyeol said he is sitting across from me and beside him is Z, his hand around her shoulder.

“Sure!” I answered trying not to look at Chanyeol’s hand around Z.

“Guys, we don’t need to actually plan this stuff, you know.” Sehun said eyes rolling. He is seated sandwich between Suho and Lay, who is on my right.

The girls laughed, who are seated across from us.

“I know, but we need some ideas in mind to make this a good one.” G replies. She’s tall about Sehun’s height and is pretty too, and is our class representative.

“We can just dance all night.” Z suggested. “Tomorrow will be the real party anyway.” her hand dipping some nachos and then gives it to Chanyeol for him to dig.

“Can we stay the whole night?” Suho inquires.

G blushes and answers.  “No we can’t. We only have the room until 5pm.”

“That .” Chanyeol and Sehun simultaneously answer.

“And it’s what?” It’s Lay, looking at his watch. “1pm already.”

“Ok! That’s it!” Chanyeol stands, slamming the table with his palms. “Let’s get upstairs, get our classmates, and get the party started!”

“Yeah!” everyone chants, and then we take our leave.

Luckily, our classmates are already in the room, which is now doesn’t seem like it. The chairs are placed on the sides; some were at random space of the room. Some of our classmates are writing and doodling on the board, some were putting on dark huge papers on the windows blocking the sun shines for some night dance feel according to G.

“You guys rock!” Chanyeol exclaims, making a rock sign, - his point and pinky finger left while the others close, - to our classmates.

I walk towards one side of the room and connect my phone to a mini speaker Chanyeol brought. I scroll for some music and decided on a DJ dub steps remixes.

The party literally starts as the music blares off the speaker. Everyone just started dancing, everyone, and that includes me dancing in the corner alone. Sehun was dancing around the girls so is Lay with his poplock moves and Suho with his awkward but cool moves. I chuckle. I was about to approach them in the center, but Z appears in front of me grinning. “Hey.” I told her, glancing around the room for Chanyeol but I can’t see him around. Maybe I can ask her to dance for awhile. She leans toward me and my body tenses. I can smell her sweet scent getting into my system giving me some sense of euphoria. “Can you ask A for a dance?” she whispers in my ear so close I’m sure her lips touch it. Or I’m wishing her lips touch my ears. She pulls away from me and looks me in the eye, still wearing that smile I cannot resist and my heart starts beating frantically in my chest.

She darted her eyes on her left and she reaches and twines her fingers with A who was standing just on our side the whole time I didn’t even notice her. She pulls A in her place and now A and I are standing face to face. “Enjoy!” I heard Z says as she walks near the center to where Sehun and the others were dancing. I follow her with my eyes and see Chanyeol appears on the crowd. Chanyeol approach Z and holds her hands. They move their hands up and down in time with the music and they were laughing so hard you’ll see they were having a great time. Chanyeol let go Z’s one hand and twirls her around then ending it with that step, which the guy holds the girl, while the girl dips her head backward. Then when she moves back her head, she now will be face with the guy so close that they could kiss each other. I darted my sight away from the lovebirds and I see A still standing in front of me, her eyes meeting mine with that signature sweet smile of her. Her hands awkwardly place behind her back.  I smile and I offer my hand to her. I saw her flinch as I extend my hand she hesitates first but seconds she accept me and I move her near the center and we start dancing to the music.

 

A week before

I was in my bed lying while I listen to some rock music when my phone pings. “I’m on my way.” It’s Z. She’ll be copying some notes from me and borrow some books because she told me she lost and couldn’t find hers. Yeah. I know, she should just borrow Chanyeol’s books but his house was much farther from Z than ours. She wouldn’t want Chanyeol to drive all the way to their house just to borrow some lost books because he’ll be tired and she doesn’t want that, she told me. I heard a car parked outside and I move my curtains to peek outside and sees Z now walking towards our porch. I quickly head downstairs and open the door on the first ring of the bell.

“Hello!” Z greeted and I motion her to come inside. My Mom is in the living room watching TV with my sister. My mom stands all smiles as she sees Z. She greets her and motions her to sit down next to them in the living room. “No mom, she’ll be upstairs copying my notes.” I announce. Z smiles apologetically and says. “I’ll be copying real fast and I’ll join you down here Mrs. Kim.” 

“Oh! That’s great! And would you be here for dinner? I would love to have you with us.” Mom offers with those hopeful eyes of her. Z hesitates she was about to answer when I chime in. “We’re going upstairs now, Mom.” I motion Z to follow me upstairs. “You’re mom is cool.” She mentions. I just roll my eyes as we approach my bedroom.

“Woah!” Z burst out looking around my room. I peek at her as I sit in front of my computer and ask her to sit on my bed. “Your room is so tidy!” She exclaims as she moves towards my collection of mangas and all genres of records on the left side of my room ignoring my polite gesture for her to sit down. “You know, ChanyeoI’s room is not like this. Well, not that his room is messy or what, but I like it anyway.” She points out. I’ve been there many times and I know the word messy is not enough word for his room to be described.  I offer her my notes and tell her to start copying it.  She seats on my desk which is on the left side of my bed. She gets her note and starts copying. Minutes later she asks me to put some ‘Britney Spears’ on which I did.

I stand and lay on my back, my both hands place below my head staring at the bare white ceiling above. Having Z in my room and seated just few feet from me as I lay on my bed is a moment that I longed for. It’s the first time Z enters my room, actually the first girl ever. I had girlfriends before but I haven’t let them see my room I don’t know why, it’s just I don’t want to. I peek to my left and sees Z, her elbow props on the desk and she was staring at me. I feel heat on my cheeks and I wish she wouldn’t notice.

“A-Are you done?” I stutter getting in a sitting position.

“Yes. I’m done. Thank you!” She answers and she starts packing her notes and the books on her backpack. “You have a really nice handwriting Kai.” Her saying my name in those pink lips of her made my heart beats faster.

“T-Thank you.” I stutter again, oh god why did I have to stutter twice.

Z smiles and she sits on the edge of my bed. “I know you’re a great dancer Kai.” she says.

Well yeah, I admit I am a great dancer, my Mom tells so, my sister, my friends. They all tell me that. So, I raised my right eyebrow asking her to continue on what she was about to say.

“Can you dance for me? Like. Only for me? Omg! That would be great right? I get to see you dance alone.”

I was about to protest but Z take my hand and drag me to her side of the bed and force me to stand. “Okay. Okay.” I said. I think I am going to be sick because I know my temperature is rising with her touch and with embarrassment. She doesn’t need to force me. I am more than willing to dance only for her if ever she would just asks.

She sits on my bed waiting for me to do my moves. I move to the side of my computer and look for my piece. It’s called “My Lady” by a boy group called .. I forgot something that starts with E. I don’t know really. I just downloaded it not knowing who sang it. I like this kind of music. Smooth and just really relaxing, and It’s easy for me to just flow with the music and put on some steps. Yeah, I know I’m really a great dancer. After dancing my rendition of the music that I simply ended with a smooth ballet like bow, I gaze at Z, agape as well as her eyes. I don’t know if she likes it or not but when I see her clap like crazy I smile, a really really wide smile and now I am sure the red tinged on my cheeks are now visible. She stands still clapping her hands and walks towards me. “You.Are.An.Amazing.Dancer. Kai.” She puts emphasis on each word leaving me breathless when she mentions my name with admiration and excitement. I didn’t realize I was staring at her and not saying or doing anything while she still praised me that I hardly didn’t care to listen, just as long as I was looking at her face, so perfect that I can kiss her right now. Maybe, I should start doing something. Something I really wanted to do. So I kissed her.

I kissed her, both of my hands in each of his soft cheeks. My lips are on hers. It’s so sweet that I cannot take mine off of her and seconds she is kissing me back. Her hands snaking on my waist to my back I can feel weakness on my knees but I manage not to stumble. She kisses me hard, I notice, so I kiss her hard back it’s what I wanted anyway. I wanted all of her. Our bodies were so close now that I think she’ll hear the beating inside my chest that minutes ago I try really hard to hide away. My mind is dancing right now I can’t even imagine that this moment right now is happening. So, I push her to the wall, hard but not so hard that she gives me a smirk and the inside of me literally dies. I connect our lips again and we were back on our thing. She kisses me back so hard I can feel her love to me. Or was it an illusion of love overtaking me. Or was it really her love that’s coming in me. I bite her lower lip as I kiss her down her chin then on her neck. I hear her low moans when my lips touch there. I continue kissing her until I reach the end of her jaw near her ear. “Breakup with him.” I whisper then continue the kissing. My hands are all over her, so is she. I don’t know if she heard what I said so I whisper again. “Breakup with Chanyeol.” This time I’m sure she heard me because she push me away with both hands.

“What on earth did you say?” She exclaims. Anger radiates her and I can feel her hate or disgust in her words. I am so stunned. I didn’t answer her. I am too ashamed of what I said, but do I really need to be ashamed if that’s really what I wanted. I try to reach her hands but she refuse. She walks away from me angrily towards the desk where her backpack is and put it on her shoulder. She was walking thru the door when I finally grasp her wrist.

“Listen. I know what I said, and I meant it.” I told her. I would not try to hide my feelings anymore. I just needed to let all out of what’s inside me. I would not shy away this time.

She turns to me and withdraws her wrist from my grip. “Chanyeol is my boyfriend. I would not break up with him.” She said it like it was her last words on earth.

I feel funny things happening inside me when I heard those words. I know Chanyeol for all my life and he is not the type of guy who refuses girls to be with him if they want. Girls loves him. So does he. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing right now that I am judging my friend just because I like his girlfriend. He is not a bad guy for goodness sake and I know that. I can feel my heart twisting its way the way they like it and I hate that I can’t do anything for it to stop.

“Why not?” I ask her pleadingly. She didn’t answer instead I am met with an angry confuse stare. “I’m leaving!” she said grabbing the door knob. “You should break up with him. I’ll give you reasons. Reasons you should break up with him.” I told her. She was furious and was shaking her head as she walks out the door.

I was left standing. I staggered back a step and help myself to sit on the bed. I put my hands on my head elbows on my knees. I didn’t believe for a second I just said that. I told Z that I’ll give her reasons to want her to breakup with Chanyeol. Chanyeol, one of my closest friends in the group who always buys me foods and who always cracks jokes that I really like and Chanyeol whose been very good to me and didn’t do anything bad to deserve such a friend like me. I sob.

 

After the so called class farewell party

I was on my way on my car when I heard someone call my name. “Kai.” It was A and behind her are Chanyeol and Z walking hand in hand, Chanyeol was whispering something to Z that made her giggle and laugh. “A, uhm. what…” I’m trying to ask her why she called me but Z interrupted my thoughts. “Kai, can you give A a lift? We’re up for some errand my mom asks. It would take some time and her house is not in the way. So…” She pointed on A. “Of course, Kai would give her a lift. C’mon babe, let’s go. See you guys tomorrow.” Chanyeol winks at us, and then they stroll their way on his wheel.

I met A’s eyes and she lightly flinched. I offer her to sit when I opened the passenger door. “Just tell me the way. Okay.” I said. She nodded then enters quietly. I turn on some music to soften the awkwardness emanating her. I strike on a conversation so she could be comfortable. “So, how long have you been friends with Z?” I don’t know why I even start a conversation asking her about Z it just came out. “Long enough, me and the girls actually have known each other since freshmen.” she answers. I nodded then she was instructing me which way to go, and I feel like she’d been comfortable enough now to talk to me. We talk about school stuff, my friends and something about my dancing which she told me I am the best dancer she have ever seen in her life. I am so flattered by her that I started blushing. I just laughed and thanked her. I don’t really know anything about A except for she’s Z’s friend, and she’s very smart and nice, L and G too, I just knew that they are all really really nice and that’s what matters right?

“If you don’t mind can we stop on that ice cream shop for awhile?” She points at the shop and I nodded. I’m not actually fond of sweets but I am craving for one right now. It wouldn’t hurt to eat some.

I ordered vanilla ice cream and a chocolate one for her on a cup she prefers that than on a cone. We started digging in as soon as we have them. We took our seat on a spot outside. It was so refreshing eating some nice cold sweets. It makes me clear my mind off things away for awhile. I am staring at nothingness when A suddenly asks something. “Do you have a girlfriend right now?” It took me by surprise on how blatantly she asks me that one. I shake my head then again dig in my ice cream. I peek at her and saw her smiling. “Have you?” She asked me so I think it’s ok to ask her that question too. “No. I don’t have a boyfriend.” She replies quickly. I just nodded. I am not a joker but A cracks up on my silly jokes, like literally cracks up. “That’s funny.” She’ll point out laughing holding her belly. I chuckled. “Really?  You find that funny?” “Yes, Oh dang it. Just stop. My ice cream is melting.” We both laughed.

We continue our way on her house, and I notice she grew really comfortable now around me, so am I. We reached their house and I unfastened my seatbelt and looked at her. “So this is your crib huh?” I mention. She nodded as she detached her belt too. “Thank you for the ride Kai.” She smiles at me. “No prob. I had a great time.” I said. “Me too.” She was about to open the door but she stops and again looks at me. “Uhm.. Can i… you.. argh! nevermind. Bye.” She was so confused and agitated so I grab her arm. “Hey, what is it? It’s ok. You can tell me anything.” I assured her with a smile. She leans again on the seat and she was now avoiding my stare. I waited for her to tell me what she wants to say.

Finally, “Can I kiss you?” I released her arm and lean on my seat. I don’t know why she wants me to kiss her, but A is a nice girl and hey, she's pretty too and it’s just a kiss, no big deal. “Sure. If that’s what you want.” I told her. She perks up her head and looks at me confusedly. “Are you sure?” She was hesitant but I lean forward to her and I hold her chin with my right hand. Her vanilla scent is so endearing that made me really want to kiss her. She closed her eyes as I move toward her then I kiss her. She gasped and I deepened the kiss. I notice she was so tense but seconds she relax and then she grabs my wrist that was holding her chin then she detached her lips with mine. She holds my hand as she stares at me smiling. “Thank you.” She said then she goes out the car. I was left dazed in my car. I just kissed A and its nice. I admit it. I keep asking myself why would she want to kiss me, does she likes me or she’s just like Z who just wants to be kissed. I don’t know. I don’t want to think about it because I know I won’t have an answer so I step on the engine and just drive my way home.

 

Schools Farewell Party for Seniors

Schools party apparently will hold in the morning. I woke up early that day. I made a jog on the park near our house and decided to take up some time on the café just few blocks away. I ordered for a hot chocolate and sat near the shop’s window. Minutes later my drink came and I sip immediately. I’ve got almost 2 hours before I should be at school, that’s long enough for me who doesn’t really dress up that much so I pick up some of the newspapers and pretends to read until I reach my final sip on the drink, and I walk out the door and make my way home.

I took my shower and put on a dark jeans and a dark blue shade shirt on. As I was about to surf something on my computer, I remembered my encounter with Z last week when she came here my room to copy notes. I sigh heavily. I know Z wouldn’t take that seriously, because she’s just like that. The day after that, Z talks to me like nothing happens, maybe she was not angry at all, or maybe she only wanted what happened to just stay between the two of us. Of course, it would be the latter. I, too act normally like nothing really happen. It’s already a week and I haven’t given Z any reasons. Reasons why she would want to break up with Chanyeol. My mind is so confused on why I ended up saying that to her but I know what I said, and I want something to do about it, and I am somehow going to give her that.

I arrived at school and I saw students making their way on the gym where the party will be held. I look around for my friends but I don’t see them, so I make my way straight the gym. The gym was decorated and there aren’t chairs around, so some of the students are seated on the bleachers. The school principal and some teachers are saying something.. I don’t know, good luck speech for the Seniors, I don’t listen anyway I just walk around looking for the guys. Suddenly, music started on the speaker and students make their way on the center to dance. I saw L and Lay on the other side and walks towards them, then I finally saw the guys and girls standing and chatting near the stage. “Hey.” I greeted. “Hey, where have you been?” It’s Sehun bouncing in time with the music. “I was looking for you guys.” I said. Then after awhile Chanyeol, Z, Suho, and G excuse themselves as they walk towards Lay and L on the dance floor. I am not in the mood to dance right now but when A asked me. I don’t hesitate it won’t hurt to dance with a pretty sweet girl like her.

Dance, eat, chat then dance again, that’s just our party went by but still we have fun. The party ended and it’s still daylight so Sehun said we can hang out for awhile at their house then when its nighttime already we can head on a bar then have fun all night again.

“Just see you on the bar then.” L said to Lay.

“What? Why?” Lay asked confused just as all the boys were, as he locks his hands with L.

“Uhm. girls date.” L answered.

“Yeah. We’ll just see you at night.” G said, but actually she was just telling it to Suho who stands beside her.

“Can we go?” Suho asks G with that pleading eyes of him.

“It’s girls date Suho, and you are not girl.” Sehun announced then he walks on his wheels and start revving the engine. Everyone laughs then the girls now start bidding their short goodbyes to the guys. I saw Z kiss Chanyeol on the cheeks, Lay hugging L tight, and G saying goodbye to Suho. A turns to me then and said goodbye too and I saw her cheeks are tinge red.

We arrived at Sehun’s place. We gathered on the living room as Sehun asks his maid to make some snacks for us.

“It’s boring when the girls are not around.” Lay shrugs.

Everyone agreed including me. Yes, it’s kinda boring when they’re not around.

“I miss Z already.” Chanyeol confessed as he plops himself on the couch.

It took all my courage not to roll my eyes on that statement as I find a seat besides Suho.

“Let’s just play guys.” Sehun said setting up the game for us.

Sehun and Chanyeol are playing while Me, Lay and Suho are now eating the snacks the maid made.

“If the girls are having a date, why don’t we have our own boy’s night out?” I suggest digging on the snacks.

“Cool, why not. What do you think Chanyeol?” Sehun asked.

“Sure. Whatever.” He was so engrossed on the game he didn’t even look at Sehun.

“Ok. But we should let L go.” Lay said.

“It’s a boy’s night out Lay.” I said leaning my back on the couch. “We can meet girls there. Chanyeol know all the girls.” I blurted that as a matter of fact then Chanyeol laughs. “True.” he answers. What I said was true, he knows all the girls, well the hot girls exactly.

“I’ll go, but will not meet anyone.” Suho said.

I’m confused for awhile Suho doesn’t have a girlfriend. “Woah! Are you dating someone?” I asked.

“Pfft. He got G, dude. It’s so obvious.” Sehun chimed in chuckling. Then I looked at Suho and he was blushing so red that it seems all his blood were on his cheeks. I faked a gag then everyone laughed.

It’s getting nighttime already, then Chanyeol calls Z and tell them that we should meet after an hour.

“She said she’ll just message me if they’re already there.” Chanyeol shared.

We ready ourselves and head outside. The bar is a 20 minute drive from Sehun’s house so we took our leave. Lay and Suho on my wheels, then Sehun on Chanyeol’s.

As we enter the bar it was the usual the crowd the music the girls the smoke and the fun. We took an empty seat on the second floor and Sehun immediately ordered drinks. The owner of the bar is Chanyeol’s friend so we do not need to present any fake IDs for us to order alcoholics. Minutes later, there were girls approaching us and asks if we have company.

“No. no. girls. It’s a boys night out!” Sehun announced motioning the girl to sit on his lap. Everyone shot dagger looks on him, but eventually they give in, the girls will arrive hour later anyway. The other girls also sit beside each of us. Suho was trying to remove the girl’s hand on his thigh but the girl won’t, so he just allowed it. Lay was giving a drink to the girl so much she’ll knock herself out before the party even starts. Chanyeol was sandwich between two girls and his both hands around the girls back, they were giggling on whatever Chanyeol was saying. I feel an idea lights up on me, maybe this time Z will witness this moment, but there’s nothing wrong being sandwich with two hot girls Z would just shoo them away. Maybe if Z caught Chanyeol kissing anyone…….. My thoughts were stop because I felt a hand on my thigh. I smiled to the girl then she was pressing her body on me. I let her but ignored her.

One girl was now sitting on Chanyeol’s lap. The girl’s dress was so short her whole legs are visible and I saw Chanyeol’s hand resting on it. The girls kept giggling. I saw the girl who’s not on his lap tried to kiss him, but Chanyeol refused. What game is he playing now? Then the girl on his lap tried, but also failed. Chanyeol seems annoyed, she push the girl out his lap and just settled her beside him. He took a gulp of drink and slumps back on the seat grudgingly, but the girl murmured something to him, a sorry maybe? That made Chanyeol cool off a bit. I am watching Chanyeol the whole time that I didn’t notice the girl beside me was kissing me on my neck. I pulled out and she smirk. I smiled even though I don’t like what she just did. I look again to Chanyeol. If Chanyeol would just kiss any girl, or make out with them. It’ll be my chance but if Z’s not here she won’t see and if I just tell her she won’t believe me. I should take a picture. Yes. Or a video. Then I’ll send it to her and she’ll believe me that she would want to break up with him now. I was about to get my phone on my back pocket but I heard Chanyeol yell. “Stop!” Everyone looks at their direction and Chanyeol irritated, stands up and walks away.

The girls eventually also get up and leave. “Hey, wait. Where are you going baby?” Sehun asks as the girl on his lap also takes her leave, but she didn’t answer she just walks away grumpily. “Damn Chanyeol. Why did he have to yell? He scared the girls.” He continues as he slumps back on his couch. Lay and Sehun just shrugs and I felt their relief when the girls left. “I’ll go find him.” I said as I stand.

I took the stairs and I look around the dance floor, the bar and the restroom for Chanyeol but I couldn’t find him. I tried searching again the second time but still I didn’t see him. I walk out the bar and saw the line of the people who wants to get in. I walk for awhile and try to look for him then when I was a block away from the bar, across from the street I saw Chanyeol with a girl, kissing. The lights are out on that alley I can’t see who is the girl. The girl was pressed with Chanyeol his hand over her head resting on the wall. I cross the street trying not to be seen by them. I’m right Chanyeol would eventually give in with the girls. It’s my time I can take a picture then I just can walk away and tell Z. I am so sure Chanyeol would somehow cheat with Z. Girls love him and he wouldn’t think twice to ignore them. When I have my phone on my hand I saw the girl pushed Chanyeol as she change their position. Chanyeol now is the one leaning on the wall, and I saw the girl’s smile as she detached her lips with him, it’s Z. I’m sure that smile belongs to her. Then seconds she continues kissing Chanyeol. I drop my phone, but luckily they didn’t even budge. I quickly scoop my phone and head back the bar heartlessly.

I make way to our seat upstairs, and I saw Sehun and A seating so close as they laugh so hard. Sehun looks up and said still chuckling. “Hey, you’re back. I guess Z found Chanyeol faster than you.” They laugh again. “Yeah.” I sit on my couch. I didn’t know Sehun and A were so close like this. I saw A peeks at me, I tried to smile but before she can smile back, Sehun was getting her attention and was continuing on whatever they were conversing. I saw Lay and L on the dance floor. This couple really likes to dance. I shake my head then I scan the crowd again for Suho and G and there they are having fun together dancing.

“We can dance with Kai.” suddenly I heard A’s voice. They both look at me. I considered that for a moment but no thanks I would like to be alone for now. “No guys, you can go. I’ll just stay and save our seat. Go.” I said. “Are you sure?” A said worried. I nodded. Then they head their way downstairs.

I feel so bad I might throw up. I tried to catch Chanyeol kissing anyone so that I can take a picture and show it to Z. I gulp. My heart is racing from rage. I am so mad at myself for doing that or for even thinking about it. I give up. I don’t want to do this anymore. Chanyeol is not a bad guy. I know it, that’s why he yelled to the girls because they were trying to kiss him, and he doesn’t want that because he has a girlfriend, and he loves her so much. It hurtch.