Two Fiancés

How to Live With a ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2 – Two Fiancés

 

Korea

Seongsu-dong, Seoul

Inside the police car

09:00 PM (Seoul Time)

 

The ride to the police station was the longest ride Krystal had ever felt in her entire life. Maybe her sister was right, she truly was high-maintenance. The police car made her carsick, it was the worst car-ride she had ever experienced. The feeling was very different than her usual Toyota Alphard MPV. Compared to that, this police car was so small she couldn’t breathe properly and to top all of that, her family was handcuffed. She wanted to shout her feelings out to the world, but her older sister Jessica remained calm and so were her parents. If they could remain silent then it would be ridiculous if she couldn’t wouldn’t it?

“Everything will be alright,” Jessica smiled warmly, “We didn’t do anything wrong, so sooner or later the police will release us.”

Her sister was truly brave to speak up for her like that. In times like this people would probably cry, shout in anger or mock the policemen. Her sister however remained very composed and at ease. Krystal only responded with a nod, unable to truly say anything else to her older Jung. She felt a lot better already, but at the same time she also felt ashamed that she couldn’t do anything for Jessica.

By the time the car stopped so did silence. When the car door was opened Krystal could see white. There were flashes of cameras everywhere. The Jungs covered their eyes and began to walk slowly to the police station. Guards pushed the press and opened up the way, but the media kept pushing back. Everyone tried to get a closer look at the Jung family, asking questions and clicking their cameras.  

Everything was too much for the younger Jung. Her head was spinning like crazy. She could her people shouting, asking questions like;

“Did you involve anyone other than your family for your corruption Mr. Jung?”

“Mr and Ms. Jung did you three feel ashamed of yourselves?”

“How long have you planned this corruption Mr. Jung?”

“Mr. Jung, please explain to us why you did this!”

“Mr Jung—”

That was the last question Krystal heard before everything went blank. Suddenly the crowed stopped shouting, the cameras stopped clicking and the guards stopped pushing. At least to her everything stopped… why, because Krystal Jung almost lost her consciousness the moment she stepped her foot on the front door of the police station.

Right before she fell, someone grabbed her shoulder and Krystal could hear the crowd shouting again.

“Are you okay?” The sound of a man echoed through Krystal’s mind, “Luckily you didn’t fell on the stairs.”

His voice was hoarse. His low rough, husky voice reminded her of a rapper. His muscle felt rough on Krystal’s shoulder and suddenly she became tensed. A certain charm was certainly there. Maybe because he reminded her of a knight in shining armor, or maybe because he was just purely and exceptionally handsome. His eyes were like a black supernova. It was so captivating she felt like she was lost in them. The weird thing was that she felt uneasy. It was as if that man had something Krystal just did not like at all. Call it gut feeling, but Krystal had a bad feeling about this man.

“Honey, are you okay?” The man asked her elder sister, a worried look was on his face.

The moment that man hugged Jessica a flashback ran through her mind. Yes, now she remembered. She had seen him in her sister’s computer screen once. Her sister told her that her fiancé, Choi Seunghyun did not like to be photographed. Krystal had always thought that the man her sister would marry must be rather ugly. Even his picture on Jessica’s home screen was pretty blurry. Krystal was wrong, dead wrong. Choi Seunghyun was perfect. So perfect that she was worried he hid something dark within him.

When the Jungs entered the police station, everything went silent again. The nauseous feeling and the fear came back to Krystal’s mind.  The younger Jung became more and more tensed when the police officers took her family inside a small room. A group of detectives and their lawyer went inside too, it seemed that they would probably be interrogated. Krystal was left inside the waiting room with her sister’s fiancé.

“Everything will be alright,” the man uttered the same exact word that her sister said back in the car.

The strange thing was, Krystal did not feel better at all. Even though he was handsome, there was a certain bad feeling she had when she looked at his smile. It was as if his smile was not real. It was as if there was a secret inside of that thin smile of his.

“Choi Seunghyun oppa right?” Krystal looked right into his eyes, trying to guess what her sister’s fiancé truly think about.

“Yes,” He nodded, his deep voice made her feel a lot more tensed, “What is it Krystal Jung?”

“Nothing,” Krystal replied weakly, “It’s just that this is my first time meeting you so I don’t really know what to say.”

Just before Seunghyun opened his mouth, there was a knock on the door. Krystal looked at the man behind the wooden door and there she saw her biggest nightmare looking more worried than Choi Seunghyun and Krystal combined.

“What are you doing here?” Krystal raised her eyebrow.

She really did not have time for this. Especially since she did not get the chance to break off her engagement. Well, it was all the police officers’ fault. Barging inside her house like that before she got the chance to talk to her mom about Kai.

“I was just worried about you,” Kai sighed.

Even though he was a ert Krystal could see signs of worry written all over Kai’s face. The playful smirk she saw back in London was then replaced by a soften glance similar of a newborn puppy’s. His black hair looked messy as if he just had a long marathon and his body was covered in sweat. He looked so worried that Krystal almost felt bad for him. It was either the chaebol was a really good actor or was just truly worried from the bottom of his heart.

“Kai! Is she alright?” The idol finally caught up with his dongsaeng, Krystal could see the famous idol catching up his breath.

“And what are you doing here Mr.. Um… Mr. SHINee?” Krystal cleared … A slight sign of embarrassment showed up on her reddish cheek for not knowing the idol’s name.

“It’s alright Ms. Jung. Allow me to introduce myself, the name is Lee Taemin,” The idol replied with a warm smile on his face. His innocent eyes lighten up when he saw his dongsaeng’s fiancé was in full piece.

“If I may have a word for this, I felt the two of you are extremely rude and impolite,” Choi Seunghyun stood up and gave the them card, “This is my lawyer’s contact. Please make an appointment before you enter a suspect’s relative’s space. Since you have just invaded the lady’s privacy and mine… you two could be charged with a law suit.”

For the first time after Krystal met him, Choi Seunghyun actually looked a little bit scary. She felt tensed when she was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter