the feeling of you

still
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's late, Taekwoon thinks. It's dark and eerily quiet inside their house, no noise besides the low purring of Bibi that laid next to him asleep on his and Hakyeon's bed. Hakyeon had told him before about letting him sleep on their bed, that he sheds way too much fur. But Taekwoon couldn't resist Bibi's sleepy little eyes whenever he hops up onto the bed with him, and he knows deep down Hakyeon doesn't really mind anyway.

"Bibi," he whispers, running a hand through the kitty's soft fur. "Bibibibibibi." His name is too fun to say. Bibi opens his eyes, yawns, then goes right back to sleep. 

Taekwoon wishes he can sleep. He was up early that morning, for no particular reason. His eyes feel heavy and keep trying to shut on him, but he forces them to stay open. It's gotten better, but he still can't really sleep when there's no one home with him. 

Hakyeon had text Taekwoon earlier, telling him he's gonna be late getting home from work. He had promised it was only gonna be half an hour, but half an hour has already passed, and now it's been an entire hour. Taekwoon had messaged him again, asking where he's at, but has gotten no reply so far. Taekwoon is worried with a dash of annoyed, Hakyeon knows how he gets when he doesn't answer his messages.

He lays there on his back, looking up at the ceiling. There's no tiles for him to count like there was in their old apartment. Just smooth, plain white. One big tile, he guesses. He counts.

One.

Taekwoon groans at himself. What did he expect? He turns onto his side, poking Bibi and waking him up. He continues to poke him until the kitty pops him on his hand, a little drople

Please log in to read the full chapter