Final

Gourmet

‘Non! This is not it!’ I threw the book away. No matter what I do, I still couldn’t find that one perfect taste. The taste that was so exquisite that it would make my taste buds explode, I devoured so many of them but I still couldn’t find it.

Kaneki’s smell no longer excites me and even if I get close to him, Touka would kick my as always. The old Touka was stronger but I guess since she met Kaneki, she got soft and would rather verbally attack me than actually using her ukaku kagune.

Not that I cared when those crystals cut into my delicate skin but I was pissed that she took Kaneki away from me, she diluted his wonderful smell by being with him all the time. It felt so stuffy being in this mansion so I went out and took a walk, I could care less if people tried to judge me because of my eccentric tastes.

‘What the hell are you doing here, Tsukiyama? I thought I told you to stay away from Anteiku!’ Touka lashed out at me the moment she saw me at the entrance. ‘I just came here for a cup of coffee to soothe my nerves and this is what you say to me when you see my handsome face? I see you still haven’t changed, my dear Touka.’ I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes.

‘Whatever. Just one cup and get your out of here.’ She walked away from me and resumed her duties. I was about to greet Kaneki, it was my routine whenever I see him but another presence sent my senses on overdrive.

That exotic and incredibly overwhelming smell that wafted in the air rushed through my nose and burned my throat in a really good way. I followed the smell only to see that it belonged to a human girl, I had never expected a human to smell this good aside from the usual smell I get when sniff the air but to me, hers was the most outstanding and mouth-watering I’ve encountered and I knew in my heart immediately that I need to have her.

What part of her would taste extremely good? Her hand? Calves? Or her beating heart? How should I have the chef prepare her? Sauteed? Grilled? Roasted? No matter, it will surprise me in every way and I just know it as I laughed gleefully in my heart.

‘Ah! Junko-chan!’ Touka greeted the girl with a smile. So, that’s her name huh? Junko… Not only did she smell good, even her name sounded heavenly. ‘Good morning, Touka-chan. I’ll just have the usual please, thanks.’ How I love her smile, her voice sounded like music to my ears. Even though she was seating only a couple of seats away from me, I felt the urge to start a conversation with her.

I sipped my coffee, just staring at her pretty face as the sun’s warm rays made her face glow as she read her book. I could tell it was a new book because of the smell of the freshly printed ink and the pages, it would seem she had an interest in reading thriller novels as I saw the title that was printed on the cover page looked like blood.

I watched her slender fingers flipping the page and smiling from time to time whenever she did so, my mind wandered towards her. If I could sink my teeth into her delicate flesh would she taste tangy, sweet or bitter? Would her blood soothe this unbearable itch in my throat?

Oh, mon dieu! The endless possibilities! Ironically, I have never given so much regard to humans without putting them any level higher than as a food for me, I felt some kind of strange pull. Part of me screamed at me to eat her, to satisfy this craving while the other, warned me not to eat this beautiful angel. There was some kind of connection between me and her, I just couldn't understand it.

I was trying to find the balance and solve my inner conflict, excusing myself to the restroom when she cut her finger on the sharp edges of the page by accident. Mamma mia! The scent of blood lingered in the air, I inhaled it like I was in desperate need of it.

Regaining my composure, I stopped the bleeding by using my own handkerchief. She gave me an appreciative smile and thanked me, not knowing my dark intentions. I smiled back at her and excused myself.

Once inside, I went crazy as I covered my nose with the handkerchief that was stained with her blood. I allowed myself to indulge in this rich, heavenly scent. The forbidden fruit of Eden has dropped into my waiting hands. Such rare opportunity! The gods have blessed me with such a fine meal!

The girl was already leaving by the time I got out, I couldn’t afford to lose her now that I’ve acquired her scent so I decided to follow her. Call me a stalker but I will do whatever it takes to have her.

I followed her all day, now I’m in her house, she’s still not aware of my presence. I waited for her to sleep and then, I’ll have a sample. That is, assuming I could control myself from pouncing on her and devouring her.

She sat on her bed, as if knowing where I am, she stared straight at me. ‘I know you’re there, you don’t have to hide. I’m not scared of you.’ Her voice rang out clearly in this large room. I have no reason to fear her nor hide since she knows that I’m here so I came out from my hiding spot.

‘I knew it was you.’ She grinned at me. My eyes flashed red as my kakugan appeared. ‘Aren’t you scared of me?’ I walked closer to her and yet, she shows no intention of backing away. ‘No, I know who you are. I have no reason to fear you. I could’ve killed you if I wanted to when you were following me everywhere today.’

‘You knew?’ I was somewhat startled, how could she have known that I was following her? It was impossible unless…

 

 

‘I am Kishou Arima’s daughter.’

 

 

My eyes were as wide as saucers, how could this beautiful and tasty prey in front of me be the daughter of the Reaper of CCG?! I noticed the silver and purple suitcase beside her bed and I immediately backed away.

Arima has taken down lots of dangerous ghouls, including the One-Eyed Owl. There is no doubt that her daughter has taken after his exceptional skills in combat and as well as his calm personality. ‘I don’t want to hurt you. I only want to talk to you.’

‘What could there possibly be to talk about? If you already know who I am then you must know what I’m here for, no?’ Before she could even give me an answer, ghouls broke into the house. Aogiri members. ‘Prepare to die, Kishou.’ One of them said.

‘Halt! How dare you disturb my meal?!’ I yelled at them. ‘Tsukiyama-san, you are not our target so I suggest you stay out of our way.’ We were so distracted with our own conversations that we didn’t even notice that she had pulled out her quinque.

It was a long silver and purple sword that had a chain attached to its hilt and connected to a black gun. ‘I have no intention of being eaten and I have no intention on being dead as well. You can leave my house in one piece or I will be forced to take you down. Permanently.’ She gave us a stern warning but neither me nor the Aogiri idiots budged from our original position.

Thick silence hung in the air, her sword was at my throat and her gun was pointing at one of the members. Knowing that one of us would have to make a move, I called out the first attack and chopped off the head of one of those hooded meat sacks.

She fired her gun and the blast was so powerful that three of them were thrown out of the window. Just like her father while engaged in combat, she seemed like she was dancing as she proceeded to eliminate them. Her graceful posture, her sharp, piercing gaze and fluid movement, they all added to that perfect blend like exotic spices.

We were almost done taking out all of them when three of them tried to cut her down, as if somehow I had no control over my body, I blocked the attack. I managed to parry two of them but the other one had pierced through my heart, shoulder, stomach and my leg with his kagune, slowly ripping me apart and I relished in the pain, laughing like a maniac.

While they were occupied with me, it gave her a chance to kill them swiftly and they were all dead, scattered all over the room and across the hall. She was slightly injured while I on the other hand, was a complete mess. They could’ve at least respected the suit, it took me a long time to decide what I should wear and they ruined my favourite. I suppose I’ll have the tailor make me a new one then.

‘Sit down and let me get you treated.’ She gestured towards the empty spot that wasn’t occupied by a corpse. ‘How are you going to treat me? You should’ve known by now that ghouls differ greatly from humans.—‘ ‘I didn’t say I was going to tend to your injuries like I do with humans now, did I?’ She cut me off and I widened my eyes as she combed her hair and let it down on the other side, exposing her shoulder.

There, I saw a small bite mark and immediately, this built up the rage within me. Someone had touched my prey! ‘Who did this to you?’ I asked her. She just stared at me like there was something on my face.

‘Who did this to you?!’ I asked angrily, startling her. ‘It was you, Shuu-kun. Don’t you remember? You were the one who bit me.’ I was confused, I had never met her and I certainly had never bitten her before. The only person I loved who had been bitten by me was a human girl I used to play with when I was a child but it couldn’t have been her.

 

 

‘Shuu-kun!’ I heard her calling my name as I got beaten up by bullies. ‘Please don’t hurt him anymore! Please! Stop it!’ I saw her crying, pleading them to stop. No matter what I do, I couldn’t will my kagune out. I couldn’t risk exposing my true nature as a ghoul. At least, not in front of these human bullies or father will have me beaten even worse than I’m receiving now back at the mansion.

‘Get away from him!’ She yanked them back. ‘Hmph, Coward! Saved by a girl’s tears! You better stay off our turf or she won’t be here to save your next time!’ They left me and her here, I was coughing out blood because of the blows I received from them. ‘Shuu-kun… Look at you, you’re all covered in blood… What will your father say?’ She looked at me and helped me sit up.

‘It’s not a big problem, (F/N)-chan. I will make sure that next time, they won’t hurt you anymore. I won’t let them.’ I smiled weakly at her. ‘Shuu-kun… I know it’s not much but I don’t want you to suffer again so… here…’ She gave me her shoulder. ‘No! Don’t! I can’t! I promised that I wouldn’t hurt you!’ I protested but she still smiled. ‘I want to help you, Shuu-kun. Please let me help you.’ She leaned my head on her shoulder, caressing my bluish hair.

With a heavy heart, I bit her. My teeth sunk into her soft skin, drawing blood out but not hard enough to penetrate her important veins. That was when I first indulged in the pleasure of cannibalism.

 

 

‘It was you…? All this time, I thought…’ I clutched my head. ‘Dead? No. Father only faked my death so that the other ghouls would think that I no longer exist. I’ve been trying to find you for years, Shuu-kun. I thought I lost you but your name came up on the list, S-rated ghoul—Gourmet.’ She smiled at me. I now know the reason she felt so familiar, she was the one I had missed so terribly. I pulled her into a hug, the delicious and forbidden scent no longer disturb me.

‘I won’t leave you ever again. I promise.’ I hugged her despite the blood that covered my body. ‘What about our fathers? You know how my father is, he cares not if you lay dying at his feet and cut up into pieces.’ ‘So be it. My father could care less if he sees me in this state, the old geezer wouldn’t give us his blessings so why not make our own? We’ll run. We’ll live somewhere we could be free of all these, I would give up everything just to be with you. I can’t afford to lose you again.’

‘You will never lose me, I will stay by your side against all odds.’ She kissed my bloody lips and let me bite her. Her blood now flows inside of me, rejuvenating and replenishing my energy. It was a total bliss.

 

And just like that, the predator fell in love with the prey again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Hope you enjoyed reading, even though Tsukiyama wasn't my favourite character in Tokyo Ghoul but I still enjoyed the parts when he came out during the seasons. Pictures used in this one shot belong to their rightful owners! Have a nice day! :)

In case if you don't know who Kishou Arima is, this is him:

 

 

Link to Bloody Love (Kaneki x Reader One-shot) : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/893936/bloody-love-romance-you-reader-bloodandgore-tokyoghoul-kanekixyou-kanekiken