Homi; The Cat

PinkFinite

 

Yoon Bomi. People always read her like an open book. She has nothing to hide and she always stays positive. She also likes to spend her time alone, unlike other people. To her, she completes herself. If she finds someone who can accept her true self then she would want to spend the rest of her life with that guy. Independent is one thing. She also believes in self love, like her life motto; 

Love yourself before you love someone else.

 

Bomi walks to her favorite bingsoo (a korean ice-shaved mixed with fruits) cafe, Purple Panda Cafe, when suddenly she hears a light meow. She finds an orange with brown-striped cat, it's fur. She finds it so cute, she lowers herself and asks the cat with her baby voice.

 

Well, hello there. Aren't you a cute little one? Do you want to eat bingsoo with me? I could use some company.

 

Yes, I would love to accompany you. Bomi suddenly heard a reply from her back, she quickly stand up to her feet and look around to find a very attractive, hot-looking guy, smiling to her.

 

Ahhh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you. I just find it cute when someone babytalk to animals.

 

S-Sorry. I-I'm going now.

 

Ohhh wait Ms, what about your offer just now? I can totally accept it. he shows her a genuine smile; Bomi would be lying if she is not melting by it.

 

It's okay... I'm okay. I'm used to my own company. I was just playing around with the cat. the cat purrs to her.

 

Lee Howon. I'm Lee Howon.

 

Y-Yoon Bomi.

 

I always see you here, around this time too.

 

Let me guess, you work here?

 

Part-time, but I get my day off today and I don't mind about your offer earlier. there he goes again, showing his genuine smile to Bomi. She can't even believe herself that she could have a conversation with such hot-looking guy.

 

That's okay. You should spend your day off to yourself. I'm going now. Bye. Bomi says it all and enters the cafe without giving Howon the time to respond.

 

**********

 

Days passes. Bomi definitely does not want to meet the Howon guy again. She feels weird thus she wants to avoid him at all cost. The other day, Bomi asked Woohyun, one of the staffs at the Purple Panda Cafe about a part-timer named Lee Howon and he said that Howon works for the evening shift. With that, Bomi makes a mental note to go to the cafe in the morning or lunch time.

Bomi walks to the cafe as usual to have her favorite bingsoo then she sees the cat from the other day. The cat is sitting besides a flower pot near the cafe, looking inside the cafe, maybe craving for something sweet. Bomi opens the door and goes straight to the counter.

 

Hi there Bomi-ssi. May I take your order? As usual is it? You're apparently one of our regular customer.

 

Hello Woohyun-ssi. Yes, as usual and can I have a box of two plain donuts too?

 

Okay Bomi-ssi. Please give me 5 minutes to bring your food.

 

Sure, thanks Woohyun-ssi.

 

Bomi heads out after having her favorite bingsoo and she finds the cat is still at the place where she found it earlier. Bomi bends down to the cat and opens the box. She then pinches the donut and gives it to the cat. The cat eats it as if it has been starving for days.

 

You sure like it, huh? Do you want me to bring you home? That way, you can have a proper meal.

 

You sure love it, don't you, Bomi? Bomi looks to her side to find Howon kneels down beside her, his eyes on the cat.

 

Howon? W-What are you doing here?

 

Woohyun told me that someone particularly asked about me the other day and I wonder who was it. Bomi can feel her cheeks reddens. She looks away immediately.

 

Woohyun also told me that you're our regular customer so we have to treat you to the fullest. Bomi pulls her hoodie over her head to avoid Howon from seeing her blushing.

 

Howon, can I know, what are you doing right now?

 

Huh? Ohhh... I can't have a conversation with you, Bomi?

 

That's not my point. I'm not used to this kind of attention.

 

Don't worry. You'll get used to it soon. Howon stands up and left Bomi alone, dumbfounded.

 

**********

 

It's been two weeks since the last day Bomi and Howon had that conversation. Where he has been missing to? thought Bomi. She finally decided to ask Woohyun about this matter. When Bomi asks Woohyun why Howon is nowhere to be seen, Woohyun just smiles to her.

 

Bomi-ssi, how am I not suprised he didn't tell you anything? He stopped working here last week. He has been promoted to be a dance teacher but he doesn't tell me the details yet.

 

Ohhh no Woohyun-ssi, I'm just curious, nothing near to what you're expecting.

 

But it's not wrong for me to expect anything between the two of you, right Bomi-ssi?

 

Thanks Woohyun-ssi, see you tomorrow. Bomi makes the fastest way to the exit because she can't hide her blushed cheeks anymore.

 

Outside, Bomi sits on a bench nearby. Her eyes wanders around, searching for the cat. She can't even describe how she is feeling right now. Some sort of heartbreaking, a little bit of betrayed and maybe sad? She does not even know why is she having this kind of feelings in the first place. What did that Howon guy do to me? This is something new. I have never felt this way before.

Bomi sits there for another 10 minutes before she finally gets up, heading to her apartment and leaves a box of plain donuts and a letter.

To: Lee Howon

 

**********

 

22th October 2012, the day which makes it exactly 6 months Bomi leave her hometown for her training. She wears a long, cream coat, heading towards Purple Panda Cafe. To her suprise, the interior looks even more beautiful than before. Her eyes scan through the menu. The list of foods and beverages have changed too, more to her liking and they still have her favorite bingsoo. She misses her bingsoo but she orders caramel milk instead. Pushing the exit door, she finds the cat that she's been looking for.

 

Where have you been buddy? I was going to say goodbye but then here we are again. What a coincidence.

 

This is what they call destiny, Bomi. Bomi freezes. She is afraid to face him.

 

She's with me since the day you left us. I named her Mimi since you love Injeolmi (rice cake) so much. Do you like her name?

 

Mimi? she turns to him and she can't believe what she's seeing right now.

 

And I thought he can't get any handsome than the last time I met him.

 

Yes, Mimi. I've got your letter Bomi. Thank goodness I ran to the cafe that day. I found the letter with Mimi besides it on the bench.

 

W-Why did you ran here?

 

Hmmm I just felt like it. Woohyun told me you were looking for me that day and I was running to catch you, that's when I found the letter outside. You should've wait for me, you know.

 

I'm sorry Howon. I'm not used to this. I can't say it in front of you even if we met that day, that's why I wrote you the letter.

 

So, Bomi, from the letter, you said that I'm the first one to make you feel confuse about yourself and you don't know what it is so you're asking me to help you figure it out, right?

 

Yeah, kinda.

 

But then, you left us---me.

 

I'm sorry Howon, I don't know what to do, I was confused.

 

Your offer, is it still available?

 

What offe---

 

"Do you want to eat bingsoo with me? I could use some company." 

 

You are so cute when you're blushing, Bomi. Howon wraps his scarf around Bomi's neck because it's very windy. He looks into her eyes but she looks to her side when she heard whining meow from Mimi. He sees her blushing cheeks, maybe because of his comment earlier. 

 

I wanted to know you from the first time I saw your smile, Yoon Bomi. Bomi looks back to Howon and sees that genuine smile she's been missing all this while.