His Ideal Type

His Ideal Type

"What is taking so long?" Min rhetorically asked in a bored tone.

It was lunch, and we were waiting outside our next classroom, waiting for the class monitor, Onew to unlock the door. By we, I mean, me, Seohyun, Min and Tiffany. We were sitting on the corridor floor. I was between Seohyun and Min, while Tiffany was chatting away with Taeyeon about their new UKISS albums.

I looked the end of the corridor. A fourth of our class was already there. My eyes were looking for someone. "Why isn't he here yet?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Who? Onew?" Seohyun answered me, even though I was just thinking aloud.

"No. Not him. I was talking about L," I whispered, still looking at the corridor.

I must have whispered kind of louder than it should have because Min heard me and retorted, "Why? Do you miss L already??"

"Aww..." Seohyun reacted. "He'll be here soon."

"Most likely with Sungyeol," Min added.

"I know. I know. It's just that he's my future husband, I should at least know where he is." I bluffed.

"Yah. Looks like ____ claiming L!" Seohyun said excitedly.

"Ooh, girl, look at that confidence level~" Min responded.

"It was a joke," I defended. "Anyways, we really aren't that close," I said bitterly, then added, "I think Min is closer to him. And yet, here I was the one with the crush on him."

"Bwoh? How are we close?"

"Well, when you two talk, at least you are able to strike up a good conversation. I on the other hand, have to consider myself lucky if he used two sentences while talking to me."

"Aww~", Seohyun and Min reacted in unison. Seohyun patted me on my back. "Don't worry, you'll get your chance," MIn assured me.

Looks like that chance was coming soon because when Sungyeol passed by, he came to a stop at our position, sat down in front of Seohyun and asked, "Onew, isn't here yet?"

"What else is new?" Min asked sarcastically.

L then sat in front of me. 

To stop myself from staring looking at him, I added, "Yeah, he's always last to come before classes."

Seohyun looked at her watch, "Omo. It's only 12:30."

Sungyeol's face sunk. "30 more minutes? Aish! I'm bored already."

"Neh..." I agreed with Sungyeol. "We should at least do something interesting."

"I know let's play a game!" Min exclaimed.

"What kind of game?" Seohyun asked?

"The getting -to-know-you type." Min replied.

"A game like that exists?" I asked skeptically.

"Sure it does," Min answered confidently. "Come on, it's fun. I'll be the 'host' and you have to answer all my questions."

Wait. There's something fishy with this scenario. Where have I heard it before? Right. Min told me this story before. This was how she got hooked up with her boyfriend. Oh no. Could this mean?

MIN IS SETTING ME UP? I gasped at the thought, and immediately slapped Min's knee. I was about to say words of disapproval, when Sungyeol agreed to play the game. "Sounds interesting. Join me in," he said joyfully, scooting closer towards us.

GREAT! JUST GREAT!

"What about you Myungsoo? Play with us," Min encouraged.

I wanted him to say no, but I also wanted to play with him. WAE MYUNGSOO MUST YOU MAKE ME FEEL THIS WAY?

"Okay," L answered with the least bit of interest in his tone.

"Yay!" Min cheered in victory. I sighed. It was okay either way, I needed to get t know more about my future husband  him.

"Rules of the game. I ask you the questions, but you are not allowed to explain for your answers, not unless I ask you to explain them further."

"Neh," we answered in unison, except for L.

**NOTE: Min's questions are highlighted in yellow. L's answers are maroon. Sungyeol's are green. Seohyun's are red. Yours are in purple.**

"Right. First question. What is your favorite subject? L?"

"Literature?"

"Yah! Why do you sound so unsure?"

We all laughed. Mainly I laughed because Myungsoo's reactions were so adorable. 

"What about you Sungyeol?"

"Music."

"History."

"Math."

"Aish~," Min and Sungyeol reacted. "____-ah you're really a brainiac," Sungyeol said.

Oh no, I bet Myungsoo thought the same. He probably thinks I am a big nerd.

"Well, she does top all our classes... May be she likes math because it's a challenge for her?"

I nodded.

"Okay, next question. L, what is your favorite food?"

"Fruits."

"Specific please."

"Uh, banana," he said kind of delayed in replying. Everything he does is cute.

"Honey bread."

"Salad."

"Spaghetti." 

"NEXT! What is your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Green."

"Pink."

"Royal Blue."

"What's blue is blue," Min retorted. "Looks like _____ have the same color," she winked at me.

I looked at L's direction. Good thing he wasn't looking at us, then I gave her a death glare.

Min laughed. "NEXT QUESTION! What are your hobbies?"

"Watching movies."

"Playing pranks on people."

"SO TRUE," I commented. Everyone, including L laughed.

"Reading books."

"Writing."

"What do you write?" Min asked. I was about to say something when she suddenly said, "Movies?", with a smug expression on her face.

VERY CLEVER MIN! Linking my answers with L's. WHY DO YOU DO THESE KIND OF THINGS TO ME?!  I don't want L to know I like him. I slapped her knee, she didn't notice because she was too busy laughing her head off. I looked at Myungsoo, and suprisingly, he was looking at me as well, with a questioning look on his face. I laughed nervously then, and said, "Let's just move to the next question please."

Min stopped laughing by that time and asked us another question. "Favorite drink?"

"Water?" There he goes again with that derp expression that looks oh-too-good on him. Gotta love it.

"Coffee."

"Milk."  See that? Seohyun and Sungyeol's answers are really close to each other, and yet she didn't react the same way. Hmph.

"Cola." Ha! Try teasing that!

"OK. Last question." Finally the end of her craziness.

"What is your ideal type, L?"

I COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG!

" Someone nice, and has an eye smile," he replied, cool and casually.

Min was repeatedly slapping me on my knee. I bet if she were talking, she wold go "Hear that? You've got an eye smile!"

"Explain further," Min said, making it sound like a command.

"Bwoh? How?" he asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

I stopped looking at him then, and stared at an empty space beside Sungyeol.

"Do you like talkative girls?"

"Either would do. They just have to say the right words."

I was taking mental notes. But, so far I am still qualified for his wife ideal type.

"Do you like tall or short girls?"

"I have the preference of having girls I like shorter than me."

I'm shorter than him... YAY! :DDD My heart was singing with glee. I was trying to supress my smile.

"Do you like girls that are smart?"

"Aniyo, I do not like smart girls," he replied stubbornly.

I felt my heart skip a beat, CRASH and BURN. so does this mean he doesn't like me? No wonder  he doesn't talk to me too often. I felt like crying because that reason made sense.

"Anything else?"

"I also like girls who have long wavy hair," he said nonchalantly.

The ashes that were left of my heart, exploded piece by piece. I fixed my hair. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY!

I had short straight hair that only reached my shoulders, but at least it looked good on me!

I wanted to fall flat on my face and grab my NON LONG, NON WAVY HAIR, PULL IT LIKE CRAZY and yell AAAAAISSSHH!!!

But more importantly, I wanted to cry.

I didn't bother looking at Myungsoo anymore. I tried to shrug it off and wore a fake smile towards Sungyeol's direction.

He and Seohyun said something that really didn't register in my head becasue I was thinking of Myungoo's answers. Sigh. I wished Min didn't do this anymore...

My turn came and the four were expecting my answer, which I honestly answered with, tall, nice and smart. I think I answered as unenergetically as I possibly can.

Right after that, Onew unlocked the door and we went in. I usually sit beside Tiffany and Seohyun dring this class.  I leaned towards Seohyun and said, "Why is he so mean?"

"_____, you know he's not mean, may be superficial, but not mean," she replied in a mellow tone.

"Either way, I hate him," I blurted out without thinking.

"_____, what's wrong? Why do you look so sad?" Tiffany asked with concern.

When we told Tiffany, she immediately gave me some advice.

"_____, first off, Myungsoo said he didn't like smart girls, right? Well, we don't know what kind of 'smart' girls those are. Street smart, book smart..."

"But I think I'm both," I absent-mindedly replied.

"And, you could always change your hair right?"

"No. I wouldn't change it for anyone," I stubbornly said.

Tiffany shook her head. Min then joined in by saying, "Just shake it off ____. There are other guys. Frankly, I thought he was too stiff for you."

I nodded and stared off into space. Seohyun patted me on my shoulder.

The professor came in, and started class.

It was math, and instead of keeping focused, like I usually do, I found myself constantly erasing my wrong answers.

Aish~ Why can't I seem to get it right? I need to get my focus back. How do I do that?

Then our professor called out for a volunteer to continue solving on the board. I raised my hand. True, I did like L, but I like being smart. I solved the problem on the board with ease, with the professor commenting, "Very good, as usual, Ms. _____." I bowed to him.

I went out of the room for a while to get things on my locker. There was a mirror on the hallway and I looked at my reflection on it I brushed my hair with my hand I was lost in thought and said aloud, "But I like my hair the way it is." I pouted.

"I like it that way too," I heard a familiar voice say. I was shocked to see Myungsoo's reflection behind mine. He had his eye smile on his face. I tuned around. Big mistake. His face was really close to mine. I think my eyes opened really wide because he joked, "I liked your eye smile. Why did your eyes suddenly turn so big now?"

I stepped back and caught some air. "Uh- I, uh---," I stuttered.

"I did say I like girls who say the right things. But, what are you saying?" he asked with his intense stare.

"I thought you liked long and wavy hair for a girl?"

"_____. I know that's not the permanent setting of your hair. Plus, don't you think hair is easily manipulated these days?"

I just nodded with my mouth open. He put his hand under my chin and shut my mouth.

"See, you weren't even smart enough to think of that. Tsk." He then held my shoulders and turned me around, so that both of us were facing the mirror. I looked at him. There was something in his eyes that I haven't seen before. He had a usual melancholic stare but now there was a soft expression on his face right now. His eyes looked sincere.

"You're looking at me,when you should be looking at yourself." My eyes then went from observing him to looking at my own reflection.

"Its good you don't want to change for me because I like everything about you already. You may not be my ideal type, but  I've fallen for you already."

I gasped. "Myungsoo. You actually like me?"

"Neh," his voice went softer, like it could melt me anytime. "Don't you believe me?"

I slightly shook my head. 

He laughed so adorably that I thought I was going to explode. He tightened his grasp on my shoulders. "Am I your ideal type? Before you actually got to know me, did you like me immediately?"

"Honestly I thought you were some kind of jerk or something, but it turns out you were really nice. Plus you're tall. You are my ideal type," I said not putting much thought into it.

"You forgot smart," he reminded me. "I'm pretty sure you meant academics when you said that."

"Neh."

"See," he turned me around. "I'm not even your ideal man. Yet, I know you like me."

"You knew?"  I asked. I felt my cheeks turn red.

He simply nodded while still keeping his smile.

"I like you a lot,"I said innocently. Finnally, I was finally able to confess. He chuckled at my remark.

He then kissed me on my forehead and hugged me.

He whispered near my ear, "I like you too."

 

*** ONE-SHOT IS DONE! WOOHOO! Hope you Enjoyed it! ^^ ***