We'll meet again

We'll meet again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a really weird feeling, the feeling when someone close to you dies so suddenly, so abruptly. Mix of strange, empty emotions collects in your body, taking control over it. You feel so oddly… light. Unreal.

Ant these strange emotions exist in you all the time. It’s like walking up the stairs in the darkness, thinking that there’s one step more than in reality. Or, like passing by a car which suddenly leaves. Or, while balancing of the border of dream and reality, having this undefined sensation that you are falling down with a staggering speed. In every case, that unpleasant, nauseating and unwanted surprise sneaks into your head, occupying it utterly.

Something was squeezing his brain, forcing him to think only about this, and nothing else. Though, he didn’t really know why.

The boy’s eyelids felt heavy, way too heavy – considering the fact that he was rather a morning person. And these blurry thoughts, swirling constantly in his mind, weren’t really helping.

Letting out a resigned sigh, Dongjun finally managed to lift his eyelids, just a little, knowing that he should get ready to school. Pushing the unfamiliar specter, which had appeared in his head probably while he was sleeping, to the back of his mind, the boy sat up slowly, his eyes barely open.

It was still dark. Scanning through the, kind of thick, black curtain of the darkness that filled the room and veiled his vision, cold chills started running down Dongjun’s spine. That kind of nightmare that he had had, and the atmosphere wasn’t normal, not for him.

After another while, the boy realized that he wasn’t sitting on his bed.

Trembling fingers brushed over the surface of the cold and rough… floor?

His breathing instantly quickened its pace, becoming uneven and shaky as the boy felt the dreadful fear overwhelming his brain. The surroundings that he couldn’t even see were somehow… somehow evil. Scary.

“H-hello?”

A weak call turned out to be almost soundless, and Dongjun was surprised that his hoarse voice echoed in the room, as if bouncing off the walls.

 

He didn’t hear anything – any sounds, any tunes, creaks. Or anything else what could indicate that someone was with him, that he wasn’t alone. But, nevertheless, the light , dazzling him for a while, almost painfully.

The first thing the boy saw was a dirty, stained wall. The remains of old, ripped wallpaper were hanging loosely to the floor, creating strange, slightly moving, shadows.

His eyes roamed franticly around the room, finding more and more dried stains, deep scratches and dusty, broken objects.

 

Dongjun’s body started shaking even more violently, and, all of sudden, he felt cold, unbearably cold, as if some supernatural power was paralyzing him. The fright was taking control over not only his brain, but also over all of his senses; the dimmed light and the view of the horrible room were stabbing into his pupils, the dead silence was panging into his ears and the mouldy smell of dust was making its way to his nostrils by force. He had goose bumps, and now his skin was covered with a thin layer of sweat, even though it was terribly freezing inside. And these awful questions that kept spinning in his mind, ading with the memory of that terrifying nightmare. Where was he? Why was he here? And, most importantly, where exactly was that ‘here’?

Dongjun bit his bottom lip, trying to recall what had happened. His head hurt but the images started to pop out eventually, one by one.

The boy remembered coming back from school with his friend, Junyoung, talking happily about random stuff. Then, Junyoung said goodbye with his usual ‘We’ll meet again’ and Dongjun went home,. He had eaten dinner, watched some TV, and, feeling a bit tired, taken a shower and thrown himself on the bed. And then? Just the nothingness, and the odd dream following right after.

It couldn’t be true. No, there was no way he could be locked somewhere, with no reason. How could it happen? People couldn’t just go inside his house, and kidnap him, right?

Brushing his messy bangs aside, Dongjun thought for a while. His legs automatically brought him closer to the steel door in the corner. It was dirty and old,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter