The first last

Dance partner (one shot)

 

”Jiyeon-shi meet Elle. He’s gonna be your dancing partner. He’s the CEO’s niece” My dance instructor said, the guy was on her left side. He has black hair, thin eyes, thin pouty lips, and he’s taller than me. He’s looking at me straight in the eyes, when he bowed I bow back. He’s not even smiling!

“Nice to meet you Elle-shi” I offered my hand

“You too, Jiyeon-shi” we shake hands

“Okay! It’s all settled. So it’s gonna be like solo-partner-solo-partner-solo. And when I said solo you have your back up dancers with you that is obviously the girls” my back-up dancers stepped forward and positioned themselves on my back. The guy was still at the back of my instructor

[dancers]

[me]

[instructor/Elle-shi]<< they are facing us

“Elle just sit somewhere and watch us, I’m gonna call you when you need to partner up with jiyeon-shi.”-instructor

Elle-shi sit at our front and lean on the mirror, he’s looking at me and it actually creeps me out., I mean seriously -_-. Well maybe I’m just assuming and the one he’s looking is the girl on my back, I sneakily look at my back and there’s a girl with blonde hair but its roots are black. She’s looking at front listening to my instructor.

I didn’t mind listening to my instructor. She won’t get mad, I mean she always gets mad at me but I’m used to it. She’s been our instructor since our debut ‘Lies’. She knows that I’m stubborn and lazy.

“Jiyeon-shi are you listening?” Ms. Jang, my instructor waves her hand on the air, calling my attention

“Jang unnie~ I’m hungry~”

I link my arms on her and do aegyo. I usually use my aegyo when I don’t want to dance or do something. Lazy. I know

“Jiyeon-shi! We didn’t even sarted yet!” she shouted in disbelief, then I used my puppy eyes at her. She heaved sight, Yes!!! I win! Kekeke~

“Okay, Let’s have a deal. I’m gonna give you 30 minutes to go out and eat something, I will teach your back-up dancers first and when you come back their gonna take their break and I will teach you next. Arraso?” I nod happily then I hugged her

I pick up my bag and run towards the door “Wait jiyeon-shi!” jang-unnie shouted

“Weo?” I looked back at her whining

“Take Elle with you, so he can look after you. You always escaped on practice since I met you, so take him with you” jang-unnie turned her head to face Elle-shi “Is that alright with you?” Elle-shi looked at unnie then he turned his head to me. He answered “Neh, Jang-noona”

He stand up and get his bag then walk towards me. I slightly bowed at him.

I stared at him, like he’s a weird fella walking with me. He’s taller than me so my eyeballs hurt a little.

“30 minutes only jiyeon-shi!!”- jang-noona shouted

“NEH!!” I shouted back at her looking back. Then I looked at the tall fella with me again well—I mean Elle-shi

We’re now here waiting for the elevator to open

“It won’t open if you keep on staring at me unless you don’t want your 30 minutes to be waste you should press the button” I’m still staring at him, while he’s talking I’m staring at his lips moving. I can’t get a chance to peek on his teeth! What a shame! I want to know what his teeth looks like!

Oh----wait! He’s talking to me but what did he say? I’m too busy staring at him

“Huh?” is the only thing I said,  he looked at me with disbelief then he lean towards me, bending his back I step backwards. Is he-----? Is he gonna------? I half closed my eyes then *ding*

The elevator opens oooohhh! He just open the elevator, yeah I know that! I just closed my eyes because------ well I just did, it just happens to close! Period!

He walks inside. I comb my hair using my hands then I followed at his back.

 There’s no one inside so I positioned myself on the left edge, and he’s at the center. He press the ground floor button and rest both of his hands on his back.

He looks so manly on the back view, I can spend hours without being bored just looking at him like this----

OMY---- what did I just say? No, that doesn’t sound right! retake! OMY----what did i just thought? Yeah that sounds better. But seriously why did I think that? Well I admit that he’s good looking, well Seoul has many good looking guys right? yeah I just thought that he’s handsome. SPEED members are handsome too.

The elevator stopped at 5th floor and rookies where there. I guess trainees? They didn’t notice me because they are busy chatting. They are about 6 girls and…. 1….3…. oh! 5 guys and 6 girls

Elle-shi moved backwards we are now standing next to each other, shoulder to shoulder.

Then the lights went off and the elevator suddenly stops, the girls started to shout frantically like some ghost are hunting them. This always happens this isn’t that new.

 I can feel someone’s arms on my front, maybe the rookies fell. Onto me?

I moved my left hand so I can grab onto something, my hand searched for the handle. I can’t move freely cause it’s too crowded and the rookies are so loud.

My hands found the steel, the handle. Then the elevator suddenly moves that cause my hands to move and touch someone’s hand, the light came back.

I half close my eyes, it’s still adjusting from the light.

And I saw him too close, he’s looking at me. His arms are around me, protecting me I guess.

“You okay?” he asked. He’s still too close I can smell his breath, it smells like mint

“Yeah?” I wasn’t meaning it to sound like a question

Then he smiled----wait he S-M-I-L-E-D?? he smiled at me! He looks so angelic and perfect.. i’ve missed something connected to my brain I can’t suddenly speak.*ding*

The rookies started to reduce, so we have enough space.

“Are you planning to stay there?”- he asked

I shake my head so hard that I almost feel dizzy. Then I came back to my senses. I hurriedly step out of the elevator.

“Where do you plan to go?” he asked

“W-why do you need to know?” barnacles! Did I just stutter?!

“Noona said to look after you”

“Oh yeah I forgot, just…umm.. ah.. follow me I’ll lead the way”

He nodded and I started walking. I want to buy ice cream, I’m gonna buy for them too. Oh we’re going to gain weight so no ice cream.  I’m just gonna buy them fresh fruits and ice cream only for me kekeke~

I took the basket and started putting different kind of fruits in it. Then I walk towards the freezer where the ice cream is. I opened it and felt the cold air touch my skin. I smiled, I haven’t eaten ice cream for months. Well I need to diet for my debut. But 1 ice cream won’t do any harm!

I picked the red bean flavor, I ‘dunno why I like its taste. But Hyomin-unnie don’t like it but I just love it. Then I remember Elle-shi is with me, he will tell Jang-unnie that I ate ice cream

“Elle-shi….” I said looking up at him

“What?” he asked. I can see his eyebrows going up under his bangs

“You know……”

“I know what?”

“Jang-unnie…..”

“What’s with her?” he folded his arms over his chest

“You know…..”

“I don’t know anything” he sound pissed

“You know I’m going on a diet and I just really really really want to eat ice cream”

“So?”

“You won’t tell Jang-unnie right?” I look at him hopefully

“No. if she won’t ask”

“Please??? I’ll buy you ice cream”

“No” he said sternly

“Then what do you want?”

“You”

Then I drop all the things I was holding before. I’m in so much shock right now. My eyes gone round and big and my mouth suddenly drop too.

“I was just kidding. An ice cream will do” he smirked then he picked up the basket and my red bean ice cream

______________________________

“Then Move your hips sideward and lean on the wall, like this” yeah I know my debut is a little y

They said that I’m good at dancing and interpreting y, maybe because of the eyes and I’m not a –smiley-person.

“Then round your hips” I just follow what unnie is telling me to do. It’s already dark but we’ve only practiced half of it. I’m so exhausted. My only break is eating.

we’ll be practicing till midnight

“Elle-shi we need you here” jang-uunie called him. The atmosphere suddenly become hot and I’m sweating like---- aish!!! I’m still embarrassed from what happened earlier

“Watch us Jiyeon. Bend, walk……” I’ve been so focused of what unnie was saying but Elle-shi keep distracting me—well not purposely.

My hand are sweating like hell!!! I can’t do this with him. It’s too close and---and----- and close!

“Elle put your hand on her hips, jiyeon put your right hand on Elle’s shoulder and you left hand to his arms”

 okay be professional jiyeon! Don’t act like a rookie

“Jiyeon you’ll gonna act like you’ll kiss him and Elle will bend back so you won’t actually kiss that’s the part of the dance. Both of you, be professional 1,2,3 go”

I’m trying to be professional it actually works we perfect the steps at 4 a.m.

“We’ll gonna call this a day, you can go now. Jiyeon I need to talk to you” Elle and the dancers leaved, only me and unnie is here

“Jiyeon what do you feel about Elle?” she asked

“Awkward” I honestly said

“And that what you shows!” what? I thought I was perfectly hiding it?

“You can’t hide it Jiyeon-shi. All you can do now is be comfortable with him” she added

“How?” I asked helplessly

“The both of you will practice all day. But only the two of you here, on that way you could become more comfortable. Arraso?” I nodded and packed my things

**********************

This is my third day practicing with him, only both of us. And this is also the last day I will practice with him. Jang-unnie only gave us 3 days. Not like I’m disappointed, he’s no fun to be with. He’s too strict

“Annyeong!” I saw him leaning on the mirror

“Let’s start” he said

“But I just got here!”

“So?”

“I’m tired. Dummy!” he only answered me ‘psh’ and I just rolled my eyes. I told you he’s no fun!

After some minutes “Now let’s start” Elle said

“Don’t wanna” I said sticking my tongue out.

“What?!” he asked pissed. Bad temper

“I want ice cream before practicing” I demanded like an 8 yr old kid

“You’re gonna gain weight and be fatter” he mock

“No I’m not. Ice creaaaaaammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!” I shouted. I’m Brat I know

“Fine! Fine!” he waves his hands dramatically and leaves

He’s been gone for 30 minutes, is he coming back or not? But his stuff are still here, maybe something bad happened?

I took the elevator and when I reached the ground floor there are some teenagers shouting and grabbing Elle.

So he’s popular? Yeah right I forgot he’s the CEO’s niece. And handsome…

“OPPA!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs *cough*cough* I yelled too much ahhh my throat hurts

All the people looked at me and the teenagers also stopped and looked at me. I have no dignity left after this Aish!

 I walk towards them and shove the girls, so I can get through.

“Oppa, there you are I’ve been looking for you!” I said then I tiptoed and kissed his cheeks

I’m doing this cause I’m just helping him to escape—yeah I’m just helping and being nice

I grabbed his arms and ran toward the elevator.

When we reach the practice room I don’t know what to do

“Oppa huh?” he said grinning

“I was just……”

“Just what? what?” he said mocking me

“I was just helping you okay?!” I said pissed

“Okay” after that he smirked

“Let’s start” I told him

We’re in the part where he’s gonna hold my hips and act like I’m gonna kiss him and he’s going to bend backward

~i can’t even breathe, not even for a minute, for a second without you
i’m bit slow but you know that already
so please, just listen to my last wish~

 

Then I kissed him, on his lips. He didn’t said anything he just stopped, we stopped. But the music doesn’t. I was expecting him to push me or something but he just smiled. His smile was so angelic to the point that you’re brain will stop working. Staring at him is worth your time. His perfect pointy nose, his thin fierce eyes and his thin pouty lips, he’s just so perfect. We stood there with a smile on his face then suddenly

 

 

 

…he returns the kiss