Smooth - Ravi

VIXX Scenarios
Please log in to read the full chapter

The atmosphere of the restaurant, though tranquil and soothing, overwhelmed you. The tables were positioned with large distances in between, allowing for privacy. You weren’t underdressed, but the place still managed to make you feel cheaply clothed. The table cloths were surely made of a material for more expensive than the skirt you wore. The waiters’ polished shoes made your best pumps seem second-hand; you’d saved up a year for those.

You stood there awkwardly, clearly feeling out of place.

“Miss, may I help you?”

A handsome, tall waiter in a perfectly pressed uniform stood beside you. His brass voice had startled you. He watched you closely, taking you in with critical eyes. You shivered under his gaze, feeling exposed in your bargained priced, department store outfit.

“Um, I’m here to meet a friend.” You cleared your throat. You had just as must right to be there as everyone else.

“Of course,” he said, his dark, soft-droopy eyes never leaving you. “What name is the reservation under?”

“Park. Sophia Park.”

“This way please, miss.”

You followed the tall waiter into one of the more secluded tables in the place. Your friends had arrived already and were deeply engaged in conversation and laughs.

“Oh! _____! You came!”

Sophia, in all of her top model glory, raised from her seat, rushing to embrace you with great happiness. Everyone else teased with cheers.

“Sophie’s favorite is here.”

“_____, Soph was waiting for you.”

“Sophia let her breathe.”

You returned Sophia’s hug, stumbling back into the waiter—who had stepped back upon arriving at the table—once she let go. He placed his hands on your shoulders, supporting you ever so slightly.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s alright,” he said. That deep baritone voice that made your arms break out in goose flesh. “I will come back in a few minutes to take your orders, yes?”

“Yes, thank you waiter,” Sophia took your hand, leading you away from the waiter and to the table. “_____, I’m so glad you decided to come!”

“Oh, yes, I’m glad too.”

Sophia had been your best friend since grade school. You’d held her hand on the way to the potty when she’d been too afraid and nervous to go alone. You’d beat up the mean kids that made fun of her biracial, bicultural background. You’d tried everything before her, and when she acted too prissy or delicate, you’d been the first to tell her to quit her . When she’d been street-casted for a modeling agency, she’d been too afraid to audition. If you hadn’t encouraged her then, she wouldn’t have reached top model status. At least, that’s what Sophia claimed.

Personally, all you did was be her best friend. Sophia had always been delicate, so you’d assumed the role of the strong, courageous one. Also, while Sophia had not grown up in money, she’d certainly assumed the air of royalty as the years went by. You had to keep reminding her to be humble, to be nice.

“Sophia, ‘waiter,’ really?”

Sophia’s beautiful green eyes widened. “Oh, was I rude? I didn’t know his name…”

“Did he not introduce himself earlier?” You looked around the table. The girls all nodded their heads.

“I think he said his name was…Revi?”

“W

Please log in to read the full chapter