final

Hidden Butterfly

It was a sunny day and Baekhyun walked along the pavement, heading to school. When he walked through the gate he got the usual stares and whispers like every day.

"Look, his hair is so neat."
"Does he do his eyebrows?"

"His lips are so pink."
"Ah, he's wearing eyeliner again."

"Is that really a boy?"
"I don't know but look at the guys. They're so for him."

Baekhyun sighed. Every day he heard those words and every day he was pissed of the girls and tired of the guys. The girls only see him as an enemy who's gonna steal all their men. There are even some who spread rumours about him. Like, he had his nose done when he was 15 years old. He snorted annoyed, was that even allowed? They still didn't bully him to his relief.
When the girls hated him, the guys at his school were the total opposite. There are many guys who have their eyes on him, some even watching him like hawks with wide opened mouth like they were going to jump him in the next second. Not everyone but he gets stares everywhere he goes and at some occasion he even tried to get away as fast as he could. What only would lead him to other stares. Sometimes he locks himself in a cabin in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet lid, his knees drawn close to his chest.
He hadn't any friends, since he couldn't get contact to anyone.
He headed upstairs to his classroom and entered it. The people immediately stopped their happy talkings and quickly looked away after taking his looks in. Baekhyun was a decent person, so he paid attention to not get into fights and arguments, not that he was able to fight some other guy with punches and kicks. The other would maybe just laugh at the tickling kick Baekhyun would have given all his strength into.
He sat at the table next to the window in the last row. This was his place and nobody could take it away from him. He loved to look out of the window and dream a little while watching and sometimes listening, when the window was open, to chirping birds. In the nature there was nobody staring at him and he felt free. That's why he always had the window in his room opened. He would stand there, head resting on his palms, looking outside the window and taking in the wonderful nature that was stretching itself in front of his eyes. Preferring to be surrounded by the nature, he liked it more to actually be outside and watch his surroundings. He enjoyed the cold breeze caressing his cheeks while he just sat in the grass.
However, sometimes he felt like something's missing even though he had everything he liked to have. He just missed the something that would give this place its final touch. Or better someone. He'd love to experience how it feels to have someone to snuggle up to. He just didn't know who.
Sighing, he looked out of the window and watched the pretty blue sky that was only a little clouded, the sun shining brightly already though it were the early hours of the day and the clock was about to hit the 8 o'clock mark.
The teacher interrupted his dreamy state with rushing in the classroom, perfectly in time because the bell rang, indicating the start of the first lesson for the day. Baekhyun turned his attention to the front of the class and watched the teacher standing in front of his students, looking at them sternly.

"Students. Today you're getting a new classmate. You can come in!"

Baekhyuns eyes wandered to the door which opened and he drew in a sharp breath when a male stuck his head in. He grinned and pushed the door aside, walking in the room. When he stood next to the teacher, Baekhyun realized how tall he was. Really tall, like a giant. And his lips stretched in an even wider grin than before when he looked around the class.

"Hello! My name is Park Chanyeol, it's nice to meet you all!"

Baekhyun froze. He was intimidated by his cheerfulness, the wide grin and this deep voice. Oh, this voice was so wonderful deep, sending shivers down Baekhyuns spine. This boy was something special, something Baekhyun had never seen before in his life.
His face stayed stoic, though.

"Look at him, he's so cute!"
"I think he would be a good boyfriend!"
"His hands are so big!"
"I hope, Baekhyun won't take him away, too. First throwing himself at the others and then ignore them once they fell for him."
"Yeah right."

Baekhyun closed his eyes and turned his head away. Silly girls, why are they whispering? He still could hear them. And their words hurt him.

"So, Chanyeol. Please go and take a seat next to Baekhyun. Sorry but this is the only left table here."
"I don't mind, sir."

Not hearing the conversation, Baekhyun looked out of the window, watching the leaves in the trees swing from side to side in the wind, imagining the rustling sound they would make.

"Hey."

He stiffened and turned his head, finding Chanyeol sitting next to him in that place that used to be empty. 
It's not empty anymore. 
Upon realizing that, he smiled to himself, forgetting the boy who was still looking at him until he noticed a hand waving in front of his eyes. Startled, Baekhyun looked up in the others eyes.

"You're Baekhyun, right? Nice to meet you!"

Baekhyun just stared in his eyes but quickly turned away when he noticed what he was doing.

"Yeah. It's nice to m-meet you, too."

He shyly looked to the ground and played with his fingers. He felt heat in his face and looked farther away.

"Aww, are you blushing?", Chanyeol nagged him and patted his shoulder, "You don't have to. It's okay."

When Baekhyun turned his gaze towards the other boy, he saw a smile on his face and he quickly returned it.

"So, I was wondering... Since I'm new here and I don't know anything, could you show me around during break?"

Baekhyuns breath hitched and he stared at the other. It's been a long time since he had a normal conversation at this school. He hesitated but nodded after a few seconds of silence.

"Really? That's awesome! Thank you really much!"

Baekhyun found it cute that the other was so cheerfully happy and a smile spread across his lips that wasn't unnoticed by the other.

"I like when you smile."

The statement caught him off-guard. Baekhyun looked at the other in disbelief. Chanyeol only chuckled.

"Seriously! When I entered the room you've been all stoic. I wanted to see you smile. And you look cute. You should smile more often!"

Baekhyun was stunned. Nobody ever said that to him. He felt a warm sensation in his chest and he felt comfortable with the situation he was facing. He wanted to start speaking but he was interrupted.

"Ugh, he's doing it again."
"Yeah, look at him, he plays the innocent one again."
"What's the point in his actions?"
"He should be expelled from school."
"Chanyeol deserves better."

Baekhyun heard them. He swallowed hard and his throat became dry. Yeah, they were right. Chanyeol deserved much better than him.

"Baekhyun?"

He liked the sound how his name rolled over Chanyeols tounge and left his lips. Shaking his head, he focused on the other, noticing his worried expression.

"Are you alright?"
"Yeah. Sorry. I'll smile more often."

His words weren't serious. He would turn away from Chanyeol and ignore him. He would never smile again.

"I don't believe you."

Baekhyun ignored him for the rest of the lesson. When the bell rang, he gathered his stuff together and stood up, ready to leave. But before he could go away he was interrupted by fingers wrapping around his arm. He turned to Chanyeol and looked down to the giant.

"Are you still going to show me around?"

Yes. Baekhyun wanted to scream yes, yell it in his face and pull him through the whole school.

"No. I'm sorry but I remember that I have to go somewhere."
"Then I'll wait for you."
"Don't."

Baekhyun shook his arm free and was about to leave.

"Why not?"
"I don't want to have anything to do with you!"

He left. And Chanyeol was dumbfounded. He thought he could befriend Baekhyun. Smiling bitterly, he got up from his seat and went out of the classroom.

"Chanyeol Oppa! Don't mind him, he's always been such a brat. You deserve better company. Come on, we're going to show you around!"

Chanyeol followed them soundlessly. If Baekhyun has always been such a brat, then why had he been this cute in the morning? He was friendly and Chanyeol was happy to make him smile. Why did he change? 
They were walking around the hallway and the girls showed him many places. It wasn't like he had imagined how it would be like with Baekhyun. He smiled at the girls and they were clinging to him but his mind was elsewhere. He wanted to do this with Baekhyun.
Suddenly there was whispering all around him and the others were staring in one particular direction. He turned his head but he couldn't see anything.

"What's going on?"
"There he's coming."
"Who's coming?"
"Baekhyun."

Frowning, he spotted the boy walking along the hallway. What the hell was going on? Why was everyone staring at him?

"He's the schools doll. He looks like a female. We girls don't like him because he has stolen nearly every guy. They are all after him."

Gazing blankly at the boy, he now understood why he was acting weird. Baekhyun looked rather intimidated than capable of gaining every male at this school. He pitied him. Baekhyun looked like a poor boy, shoulders slumped a little. However, his eyes displayed something else. They were strong, directed to his front and avoiding any possible eye meeting as if he locked everything around him away. They were hiding something.

"You know, we heard he had his nose done when he was 15 years old."
"What?!"
"Someone said that."
"And you believe them?"
"Well, he looks like he has done it."
"I can't believe that."
"Oh no..."
"What?"
"He already pulled you on his side... We have to save you!"
"Are you kidding me? How should he pull me on his side?!"
"He does it every time. Sweet talks him until he turns jelly and then he ignores him."
"I can't believe you just said that."

Chanyeol strode away with his long legs. He had to find out what was going on with Baekhyun.

 

 



      

 

 

 


The next lesson as if was as the one before, Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol. He badly wanted to apologize to Chanyeol. The other male didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he did everything right. Secretly, he would occasionally glance to the side to look at the pretty face of Chanyeol, only to turn away when he realized what he was doing. Chanyeol had noticed that. 

"Since we're going to do presentations, you can tell me now what you want to do.", the teacher said, she was too kind.

Chanyeol smirked. He raised his hand.

"Yeah, Uhh... Chanyeol!", she remembered his name.
"Yeah. I'd like to do the topic about bunnies."

Bunnies. Well, the teacher was too kind, so she let them prepare presentations about animals. 

"Okay. Would you like to do it alone?"
"I'm gonna do it with Baekhyun."

Baekhyuns head shot up. He looked at Chanyeol, terrified by what he just heard. Chanyeol only flashed him a smirk and turned back to the teacher, nodding. She wrote down their names.

"Why did you do this?!"
"I want to spend some time with you."
"We have to do a presentation about bunnies!"
"Yeah. Here's the perfect example for one."

Baekhyun blushed deeply and looked away when Chanyeol pointed at him.

"Don't ignore me again."

Chanyeols voice was so soft Baekhyun thought a pillow filled with fluffy feathers would loose against Chanyeol. When he looked back at the other male, he saw a gentle smile and he tried his best to give a beautiful smile back. That obviously made Chanyeol happy because he ruffled Baekhyuns hair.

"It's okay.", he said and turned back to the blackboard where the names and topics were written down.

 

 



 

 


Bunnies. They were going to do a presentation about bunnies. Baekhyun walked home, thinking about what one could say about bunnies. He didn't liked the idea to do a presentation with Chanyeol, may the topic be whatever it wanted to be. But deep inside he knew he wanted to do this. Spending time with Chanyeol, a new classmate, maybe a new friend. Maybe he would be able to gain his first friend.
Maybe he could be the one to fill that empty space in his nature.

 

 

 


 

 

 


When Chanyeol entered the classroom the next day, the only one he found there was Baekhyun. He went to his place next to Baekhyuns and put his bag to the ground.

"Hey, Baekhyun."

The boy didn't answer and continued resting his head on his arms. Wonderful, Baekhyun was going to ignore him again. He sighed but when he looked at the other for a second time he saw a note sticking out under his fingers. He leaned over Baekhyun and only then he realized the boy was sleeping soundlessly, eyes closed and lips parted a little. Chanyeol couldn't stop himself from smiling and he quickly took a look at the piece of paper before he grapped his phone and took a perfect picture of Baekhyuns face. Then he carefully removed the paper. The heading read 'Bunnies'. He chuckled quietly before reading the notes Baekhyun had taken. The first half of the page was written with neat handwriting but the next few lines were a little messy. Maybe Baekhyun was really tired.
He started to read the lines on the paper and he laughed when he stopped at the third line.

'Bunnies are cute, they have fluffy long ears and a puffy tail. I don't understand why Chanyeol thinks I'm the perfect bunny.'

He smiled blissfully to himself and read the last lines when he saw Baekhyun stir in his sleep. The boy raised his head and looked around himself. His sleepy eyes stopped at Chanyeol and he saw the piece of paper in the others hands. Blushing, he tried to grab for it but Chanyeol pulled it away from him. He glared and threw himself on the other who held the paper far away behind him. Baekhyun had crawled on his lap and grabbed on each side of Chanyeols head in need to get the paper back.

"Give me the paper!"

His voice was demanding but still sleepy making Chanyeol chuckle when Baekhyun didn't reach the paper. Eventually, he gave up and slumped down on the others lap, glaring in his eyes.

"Did you take the notes for our presentation?"

Baekhyun huffed and pouted, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Chanyeol ruffled his hair and smirked.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

The boy looked away. Chanyeol chuckled and held the piece of paper out for Baekhyun. He looked down at the paper. 

"If I'm gonna grab for it you'll pull it away. I know this joke. You can't fool me."
"Why won't you try out? Maybe I'm not gonna fool you."
"I know you're going to."
"Why do you know it?"
"Because everyone does it."

Chanyeol was a little stunned. He didn't wanted to be one like everybody in Baekhyuns description. He wanted to be someone special to him because Baekhyun became special to him. Even though he only knew him since yesterday he enjoyed Baekhyuns company and he was glad he started talking to him. Baekhyun grabbed for the paper and quickly pulled his hand away, he was smirking triumphantly with Chanyeol now staring dumbfounded. Then he realized and chuckled.

"There you got me, Baekkie."

Baekhyun blushed and he stood up, getting on his own chair. A warm feeling crept up his heart and he liked that feeling really much. He's never felt that before but he knew Chanyeol was someone special.

"What is it?"
"You just called me 'Baekkie'."
"Yeah. Where's the problem? If you don't like it you can tell me."
"Well... I-It's not that I don't like it... It's just that nobody has ever done this so it's a little strange."

Baekhyun flashed a weak broken smile and he was utterly happy when the other returned it.

"Well, then I'll be the first one. I kinda feel honoured."

Students entered the room. Baekhyun quickly turned away and looked out of the window. Chanyeol knew he would be ignored again but now he gladly knew why the boy showed him his cold shoulder. The girls flashed him bright smiles and some even blew kisses but he just looked at Baekhyun. The teacher entered also after a few minutes.

 

 



 

 

 

When the lesson was over, Baekhyun was about to get up but Chanyeol held him back.

"Spend the break with me."
"No."
"Why not?"
"I... I don't want the others to talk bad about you. Just stay away from me."

Oh, how bad he wanted to take these words back. He loved Chanyeols companionship but he really didn't wanted the others to bad-mouth him.

"I don't care about the others."
"You should."
"But I don't. Stay with me. We can sit here if you want. There won't be anyone in the room."
"... Okay."

After hesitating, he agreed and sat there in silence.

"Chanyeol, would you like to come with us?"

The voice didn't gain Baekhyuns interest and he gazed out of the window sadly, expecting Chanyeol to leave him.

"No, sorry."

That was all. Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol but only received a smile. The girls were confused.

"Why not?"
"Don't you see that I'm sitting with Baekhyun? I would have gone out of the room if I would want someone elses companionship other than Baekhyuns."
"Aww, I bet you'd have more fun with us! Think about it! You deserve some fun!"
"I'm having fun with my friend."

At that statement the girls went away, bad-mouthing Baekhyun for taking Chanyeol away. Baekhyun gazed at Chanyeol, disbelief standing in his eyes.

"What?"
"We are f-friends?"
"Yes?"

Baekhyun looked to the ground between his legs eying the pattern of the floor. He felt heat rising in his head and tears welled up in his eyes.
A friend. His first friend. Finally.
Chanyeol gently touched his shoulder and leaned forward.

"Baekkie? Are you alright?"

He received no answer. Only a light sob. He scooted closer and knelt down next to Baekhyun, taking his chin and gently forcing him to look in his direction. The boys cheeks were wet from tears and he sobbed when his eyes met Chanyeols. Immediately, the giant wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him close, soothingly caressing his hair. 

"Baekkie... Hey Bunny, why are you crying?"

Baekhyun sobbed even harder, trembling in Chanyeols arms when he hugged him back. Chanyeol tightened his arms a little and tried to soothe Baekhyun with gentle words.

"Baekkie, don't cry. I'm here. Tell me what's wrong."
"I... I"

Baekhyun tried to talk but choked on his words, his attempt failing badly. However, the second time went better.

"I've never had a friend."

Chanyeols eyes widened when he listened to Baekhyuns choked out words. Really no friend? Never? How could someone live without a friend?

"You know... I badly tried to... get some friends since I'm going here but... all the boys didn't want me as a friend, so I was distant to make them uninterested..."

That's why. Now Chanyeol knew why the girls said he 'took all the guys'. But it wasn't his fault. Baekhyun the hell wasn't at fault here. The boy slowly calmed down and Chanyeol pulled away a bit to look in his brown chocolate eyes. 

"I'll be your first friend then. I'll treat you the best, Baekkie, you can rely on me!"

Baekhyun loved Chanyeols cheerfulness and he had to smile at the giants dopey grin.

"Thank you, Yeollie. That makes me really happy!"

Chanyeol pretended to overhear Baekhyuns nickname for him and only smiled, ruffling the boys hair.

"Then we can eat, right? I'm starving!"

Baekhyun chuckled and let go of Chanyeol, starting to eat his breakfast.

"We still have to finish the presentation until next week. Let's be fast, okay?"
"When do you have time then?"
"Today's bad. Some kind of family gathering or such because it was my fathers birthday yesterday. How about tomorrow after school?"
"That's okay with me. Can I come over?"
"Uh, yeah sure."
"Okay then."

They finished their meal and chatted a little until the next lesson started. Baekhyun ignored the girls who glared at him when they came in the room.
 

 

 


 

 


"Baekkie, have fun with your family gathering!"
"I don't think I'll have fun..."
"Aww Baekkie! Don't be so pessimistic! Think of me and everything will turn out good."

Baekhyun blushed a little. He knew everything is going to be okay if the giant was going to creep through his mind. He was his friend, so why would it not be alright? Chanyeol would make everything better.

"I'm going then. See you tomorrow!"
"Byebye!"

Chanyeol leaned closer and kissed his cheek before grinning.

"Don't cry again, will you?"
"N-No."

Baekhyun turned around and ran away, leaving Chanyeol behind him at the gate. He kissed him. Chanyeol had kissed him. It was only on the cheek but it felt really good. And his lips were so soft.

Tomorrow he was going to have his first friend over. How should he behave? Should he tell his parents? Questions wandered around Baekhyuns head and when he arrived home, his family was there already. He sat at the table after changing his clothes to something more comfortable than his school uniform.

"Baekhyun, how are you?"

His grandpa eyed him carefully and Baekhyun turned his expression to the old man.

"I'm fine, thanks. How about you?"
"Me too."
"You seem happy. Did something good happen?"

Baekhyun gazed to his grandmother who smiled at him. She knew him so well. She could read everything from his face. That's why he loved her as his favourite grandma.

"Well, yeah... Yesterday we got a new classmate and..."
"Continue, I'm getting interested!"
"He said that we are... friends."

His grandma smiled brighty and hugged him as tight as she could, not really tight for Baekhyun. He chuckled and hugged her back.

"My grandson, I'm so proud of you!"

Baekhyun only smiled and his mother started to speak.

"So... When are you going to introduce him?"
"Should I?"
"Yeah, silly. I want to meet the boy who makes my son so happy."
"Well... He's coming over tomorrow because we have to do a presentation."
"I'm looking forward to meet him then."
"Yeah, me too!"

His father cut in and Baekhyun was happy for the rest of the day. Chanyeol made him happy. He ghosted through his mind and Baekhyun felt how everything became better.

 

 



 

 


He entered the classroom, seeing Chanyeol already sitting at his place.

"Hah, today I'm earlier than you!"
"B-But it's a quarter past seven!"
"You're here this early too, so why not?"
"I'm here to study a little before lessons start."
"You're a nerd!"
"No I'm not!"
"A cute nerd!"

The feeling of Chanyeols soft lips against his cheek made itself noticable again and he felt warmth spreading throughout his body, a tingling sensation in his stomach. He sat down on his place and looked out of the window for some time.

"How was the meeting yesterday?"
"Good."

Baekhyun absent-mindedly continued looking out of the window. 

"Are you alright?"

Chanyeols voice was gentle and when Baekhyun looked in his eyes he saw concern.

"Yeah I am. I was just thinking."
"About what?"
"N-Nothing."

He couldn't just tell him that he was thinking about the kiss. It was only on the cheek but that's been enough to keep him awake almost the whole night.

"Why are you so sleepy? Couldn't sleep last night?"
"No..."
"Aww, Baekkie, don't sleep in classes, okay?"
"I don't know if I'll make it."
"I'll keep you awake."

Baekhyun smiled a little before an idea came in his mind.

"I know!"
"What do you know?"
"What about we start our presentation right now? We can collect facts and think about the way we're going to presentate them!"

Chanyeol smiled softly and nodded his head, he liked Baekhyun happy and cheerful. 

"Okay. Let's start with the question on your piece of paper. Baekkie, I concider you as a bunny because you're cute and fluffy and you're just adorable. Like a bunny. That's why I chose that topic."
"W-What?"
"Silly, you're my bunny. And you'll be forever."

Baekhyun felt heat rising to his cheeks and he really liked the idea of Chanyeol considering him as a bunny, as his bunny. 

"Well, because bunnies are tiny, you're my giant. Because you're really tall."

Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled Baekhyuns hair playfully.

"Then I'll be your giant, Bunny."

Baekhyun froze when Chanyeol kissed his forehead but smiled when the other boy pulled away with a grin plastered on his lips.
The first student entered and they quickly took a little distance from each other but they still took notes for their presentation until the teacher entered.

 

 


 

 


"Baekkie, how long do you usually walk home?"
"About fifteen minutes. Why do you ask?"
"Because I can't stop looking forward to meeting your parents!"
"Huh, why's that?"
"I want to leave a good impression because from now on I'm going to visit you more often, right? I mean, we're friends, so why not?"

Chanyeol smiled softly and Baekhyun was happy to have found a friend. Chanyeol was a good friend because whenever Baekhyun was around the other, he felt happier due to his aura that was constantly dripping with delight.
Something startled him. He felt fingers at his hand and before he realized what those fingers intended to do, they already were wrapped around his hand, intertwining with his fingers. They were long fingers. And when he looked down, he saw that it was Chanyeols hand. He blushed and gazed to the other side to avoid eye contact.

"When are we there?"

Baekhyuns thoughts were interrupted by the deep voice and he giggled, lightly punching Chanyeols arm with his free wrist.

"Silly. We still have to go another few minutes."

Chanyeol grunted but accepted it and silently walked next to Baekhyun. His eyes grazed over Baekhyun and took in everything of his appearance.
Baekhyun looked fragile. Like a doll. The girl had said he was the 'schools doll'. But Chanyeol was sure Baekhyun didn't like being called as a doll. His nose also was not done. He was sure. Why the hell would Baekhyun do his nose with a face like that? He was a beautiful boy and nothing spoke against that. Chanyeol smiled to himself when he watched the others lips, they were looking so soft.

"Chanyeol!"

He shook his head and saw Baekhyun looking at him with an amused expression on his face. 

"Have you been daydreaming?"

Yes. He had been. About Baekhyun.

"A little."
"About?"
"Baek- Bunnies! Yeah bunnies!"

Chanyeol sighed on the inside. He almost said it out loud.

"What are BaekBunnies?"

Chanyeol thought for a few seconds before he burst out in laughter. Baekhyun was confused and tried to calm Chanyeol down to get an answer why he was laughing.

"BaekBunnies! It's a mixture between you and bunnies! Seriously, you're so adorably cute!"

Chanyeol continued to laugh, not noticing the immense blush painting the others cheeks in bright red. When he finally calmed down, there was just a faint pink colour left and he smiled a little.

"We're here.", Baekhyun announced and pulled the other boy with him, their fingers were still intertwined but Baekhyun entangled them when he entered the house.

"Mom! We're back!"

A small and thin woman entered the hallway and a huge smile formed on her lips the moment she saw the tall boy next to her son. She liked him already because she saw how he eyed her son while he smiled and came towards her. She hugged him and smiled at the other boy.

"You must be Chanyeol, right? It's really nice to meet you, you can call me mom!"

Chanyeol liked her. 

"Yeah, I'm Chanyeol. It's nice to meet you too!"

She watched them both, the way Chanyeol helped Baekhyun with his jacket and the way he hung it at the wall, he seemed so careful and his full attention only turned around Baekhyun what made them both not hearing the question if they wanted to eat lunch.

"Baekhyun, did you hear me?"
"Oh, sorry, mom. What did you say?"
"If you want to eat lunch?"
"Yeollie, do you want to?"

His mom squealed on the inside at the nickname but she stayed still with a smile.

"Honestly, I'm not really hungry."
"Okay, me too."
"Okay boys, then go and have fun!"

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol with him up the stairs in his room and closed the door behind them.

"I like your mother."
"Me too."
"Well, let's start then, shall we?"
"Okay. Do you have something against it if we're going outside? My mind works better there."
"It's okay."

Baekhyun took his laptop and his notes and lead Chanyeol out of the room, down the stairs and through the livingroom in the garden. Chanyeol followed him eagerly through the beautiful garden and behind a tree where the house was shielded from their sight, Baekhyun stopped.

"Are you okay here? This is my usual spot but if you'd like to sit-"
"No, Baekkie, this place is wonderful."

Chanyeol flashed a bright smile and helped the other boy to spread the blanket, which he had grabbed for on their way outside, on the grass. Baekhyun fell down, back-facing the house and opened his laptop, starting it. Chanyeol sat beside him and looked at the small boy next to him. Baekhyun seemed a lot happier and when the boy smiled up to him, he saw such a bliss in his eyes he's never seen before. So, Baekhyun was happy in the nature. 

"Yeollie, are you alright?"

Shaking his head, he turned his attention towards Baekhyun. 

"Yeah. I'm alright."
"Then smile. Your smiles are beautiful."

Chanyeol smiled. But something else caught him off-guard. 
"Baekkie, look what's there."

He pointed away in the distance and Baekhyun followed his gaze and outstretched finger but he didn't find anything.

"What's there? There's nothing."
"Silly, look closer."

Chanyeol scooted closer and placed his chin on Baekhyuns shoulder, pointing in the distance.

"There, don't you see it?"

Baekhyun shook his head and sighed a little.

"Bunny, look closer. In the grass!"

Baekhyun did his best and when he finally found what Chanyeol meant, he inhaled sharply.

"T-There's a bunny."
"That's right.", Chanyeol cooed and before Baekhyun noticed it, the boy had placed himself behind Baekhyun and back-hugged him to his chest. 

Baekhyun yelped but he snuggled closer and watched the bunny hopping around in the grass.

"It's as cute as you. But I still like you more. Maybe because you're my personal own bunny, Baekkie."

Baekhyun blushed but he smiled and closed his eyes. He liked the feeling of Chanyeol pressed against him. He enjoyed the warmth radiating from the other boy and he enjoyed the sound of his heartbeat. Did he just imagine it or did it got faster? Chanyeols grip tightened around him and he leaned down.

"Tell me, why do you love the nature so much?"

Baekhyun opened his eyes and inhaled deeply. Never he had told anybody. Would it be okay to tell Chanyeol? He trusted the other boy but would it really be okay? After a few seconds of comfortable silence, he raised his voice in just a whisper but it was audible to Chanyeol.

"I just feel safe here. It's free and endless, not like a room. There aren't any people staring at me and this just feels like freedom. I love the nature because it makes me feel free. And safe. Here's nothing that could harm me in any way. It just means really much to me to be free. I've never told anyone before and I beg you to not tell it to someone else because it would make me feel betrayed. You're the first one to know me properly and it would just hurt me to know I got betrayed. I let my guard down for you."
"Why did you do it?"
"I just finally wanted a friend. Someone whom I could talk to. You were the first one who talked to me normally without any bad thoughts, I mean I think you don't want to harm me, and it just made me so happy that there is someone who talked to me. I never felt like this before, you make me feel happy and cared for. I just feel safe around you. It's as if you're my second nature. Whenever I was here, I felt happy. But every time I was here there also was the feeling of something missing and... I think I finally found what's missing here."
"Baekkie..."
"You make me feel so warm, Yeollie. I feel loved."
"That's because you are. Bunny, I love you."

Baekhyun could burst at that moment. He was so incredibly happy like he's never been before. He turned around in Chanyeols embrace and hugged him tightly, placing his ear over the other boys heart, listening to his quick heartbeat. 
A beautiful butterfly flew past them and they both followed it with their eyes until it was gone.

"Baekhyun, I think you are like a butterfly."

Baekhyun giggled and looked up to Chanyeol.

"Why do you always compare me to animals?"
"Sorry. It's just... Look at a butterfly. If it sits on a flower, the wings are closed if no sun is shining. The wings are brown and colourless on the outside. And now, place the sun above it. The butterfly will open its wings to take the sun and it reveals the beautiful colours and patterns printed on them. Baekkie. You're like a butterfly. Your beauty is even more beautiful when you have a sun around you. You are so bright, so colourful. Like a butterfly. That's why I wanted to befriend you. I started talking to you because I wanted to see this side of you. And I fell in love with it. You're my BaekButterBunny."

Chanyeol felt the boy in his arms tremble slightly and seconds later he heard faint sobs mixed with laughter. He placed a finger under Baekhyuns chin and lifted it up. Tears were streaming down his face and a bright smile was plastered on his lips. Chanyeol chuckled and cupped his cheeks, wiping away the tears with his thumbs. 

"Thank you for taking a closer look at me, Yeollie."

Baekhyun sobbed when he felt Chanyeols soft lips against his own pair. He felt Chanyeols smile and the boy wrapped his arms around Chanyeols neck. Chanyeol caressed his hair tenderly and pulled him closer before breaking their kiss. A blush tinted Baekhyuns cheeks and Chanyeol just kissed him another time. 

"I love you, my giant."
"I love you too, my BaekButterBunny."

 

 






"What's that picture on the display of your phone?"
"Uhh, actually it's you."
"When did you take that?!"
"On the second day."
"Why is this your background?!"
"Because it's you and you are cute."

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Guyss, I did my best here.

I wrote 6000 words and this is just the biggest amount of words that I ever put in any chapter.

So, if you liked it, please leave me a comment, because I'd like to know your opinion to this :D

Thanks for reading!