One shot

Rumour Has It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhee's eyes twitch in annoyance the moment she hears another 'rubbish' coming from her best friend.

"Yah, if you don't like it, don't watch it."

Right now they are bundled together on Baekhee's bed, having their weekly sleepover which has been their habit every weekend, fangirling over oppas or bawling their eyes out from watching drama.

"Sorry, but this drama is utter rubbish." Kyungsoon replies with no trace of apology despite her saying sorry.

"Don't you dare saying Kim Woobin rubbish." Baekhee grumbles but when the actor's face flashes on the screen, her anger seems to vanish and she smiles disgustingly at her television (Kyungsoon swears she can see hearts in her eyes)

"Kim Woobin is perfection." She sighs dreamily and Kyungsoon can't help but rolling her eyes at her best friend's antic. But Baekhee catches her in action and glares at her, sending an unspoken threat.

"It's not that I don't like Kim Woobin or Lee Minho or anyone here. It's the plot that I can't stand. The overly used-super cliche plot about a poor woman who is lucky enough to meet a rich guy who falls in love with her." Kyungsoon pops some popcorn into , "This kind of thing gives people false hope especially women like you." She points to Baekhee, "which doesn't happen in real life at all. Stop watching this , it only lowers your already low IQ."

With that Kyungsoon rolls over to her side of the bed, leaving Baekhee who is dumbfounded by the fact that Kyungsoon has just insulted her directly in front of her face.

"Yah, Do Kyungsoon, you little !"
---
She should know that Baekhee would have her revenge soon. But it is totally unfair that she asked help from the tallest boy in their class, which has crush on her so the dumb Park would do everything Baekhee has asked him to do.

"Yah, Park Chanyeol, give me back my shoes!" Kyungsoon's shriek has just gone with the wind and Chanyeol even stands on his toes to make it harder for her to get back her shoes. Even with his normal height, it is practically impossible for someone as tiny as Kyungsoon to get something from his grasp.

"Sorry, Kyungsoon-sshi, you shouldn't make my princess mad." He dares to give her a wink.

"Princess, my !" Kyungsoon scoffs. "Forget it, I am going to report you to Ms. Kim!" She stomps hard on his feet before turning away to find Ms. Kim. It's dirty trick to get help from their teacher but Baekhee also pulled dirty trick on her when she asked for Chanyeol's help.

She has just turned her body to get Ms. Kim when her body collides against someone. The tall and lanky figures readily catches her when she stumbles upon his sturdy body.

“Easy there.” His voice rumbles through the corridor. Kyungsoon has never been this self conscious of  her height when she realizes that the top of her head only reaches the middle of his chest. Damn! That guy is even taller than Chanyeol.

“Park Chanyeol, give her back her shoes.” The guy sounds authoritative and she could see that Chanyeol genuinely terrified with this man, he runs away quickly after putting her shoes on the floor. The man fetches up her shoes, smiling softly, “Here’s your shoes.”

Kyungsoon swears, if he was an actor from ty dramas that Baekhee always watched, the man would be surrounded by flowers and an angel singing hallelujah on background. This man is truly like a man comes alive from shoujo manga.

“Thank you.” She stutters, bows slightly to the man. The man chuckles before ruffling the top of her head fondly.

“Your welcome. Let me know if that Park Chanyeol annoys you again.”

---

“Yah, how did you know Kris Wu?” Baekhee doesn’t give a damn of formalities, making Kyungsoon rolls her eyes in annoyance. That’s Byun Baekhee for you, guys.

“Kris who?”

“Kris Wu! Wu Yifan!” Baekhee grabs a chair from Hyunshik’s seat and turns it so she sits facing Kyungsoon directly, her face is full of worries. “I heard from Chanyeol that he helped you getting back your shoes.”

Ah, that tall guy. “Yeah, he did. If he didn’t help me, I would be having detention for skipping PE class.” Kyungsoon sneers, hoping that Baekhee understands her sarcasm. But Baekhee being herself, completely ignores Kyungsoon’s replies.

“You are not close with him, right?”

“Nah, I don’t even know his name. I just knew it from you.” Kyungsoon says nonchalantly while eating her homemade lunchbox. Baekhee huffs, part in annoyance part in relief.

“What’s up with him anyway?”

Baekhee’s face turns serious again, “Yah, listen to me just once. Don’t ever get close to him. EVER.”

“Why?” Now Kyungsoon is genuinely curious about that Kris Wu guy.

“That guy is dangerous. I heard that he came from Hongkong and some people say that his father is the leader of Triad.”

“WHAT?” Baekhee shushes, she glances around them before motioning Kyungsoon to come over and whispers at her.

“Yeah. They say he is filthy rich and probably the money comes from dirty business that they do. Drugs, human trafficking, prositution.” Baekhee eyes Kyungsoon from head to toe, making her self conscious. “Don’t get close to him, you get it?”

“Okay.”

“Good.”

Kyungsoon should know better. At first, she foolishly thinks that maybe some guys like in drama exist. Handsome, tall, cool, kind and maybe she has chance to make him fall in love with her. Turns out IT IS really just a dream.

That guy is too good to be true. But Kyungsoon is not Cha Eunsang and that guy is definitely not Kim Tan, so there is no way for them to meet again, right?

---       

“Noona, please help me.” Jongin bats his famous puppy eyes and Kyungsoon can feel her resolve crumble. There is no way she could deny her favorite cousin.

“Okay, what should I tell your mom this time?” She sighs in defeat but Jongin breaks into huge grin, hugging her tight. Damn she is even shorter than a middle schooler!

“Noona, you are the best!” She can’t help but to smile at his enthusiasm, “But it’s not my mom that you should lie to.”

Kyungsoon’s brows furrowed, “Then? Junhee unnie?” But Jongin only shakes his head and shifts his vision into the ground, awkwardly smiles at her.

“You see, I have a date this Saturday.” , even a middle schooler has got a date and I am forever alone here. Kyungsoon starts to pout in annoyance, children these days, she sighs.

“So you need me to cover for your girlfriend?”

“Correct! Of course, Noona isn’t the top student of the year for nothing.” Even his flattery goes unheard, she waves her hand dismissively and he gives her a shy smile.

“Yes, you see, her brother is a bit protective.” Ah she knows where is this going, “I told Sena to tell her brother that we are going to have a study session in your house.”

“In my house?”

“Yes, since Noona scored the highest in the high school entrance exam last year.” He dares to grin at her, “So, her brother must believe in you.”

“10,000 won.” She opens her palm.

“Huh?” He asks her dumbly, before regist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter