Cupcake

Cupcake

It’s only eight in the morning but Yura is already awake and sitting idly in the middle of her bed. She just ended a call with her boyfriend and suddenly she felt a bit bothered.

“ Hello, Oppa?”Why are you up early?” She asked as she looked at her table clock.

“Good morning love. Sorry if I wake you up.”  He replied.

“It’s okay, Oppa. Are you alright? “she asked again.

“ I’m okay, Ahyoungie. I will attend a radio program later; I just want to let you know.” He informed her.

“Oh, yes. That’s the one with Park Myungso –sunbae? I’ll try to catch the show, Oppa.” She replied with excitement.

“Do you want to listen to it, baby?  They might ask something about “relationships.””. He enquired.

“It’s okay Oppa. I can handle it. “ Ahyoung assured him.

“Okay, if you really want to. But remember that we both know the truth. Okay. “He reminded.

“ I know , Oppa. Enjoy the show and I’ll see you later.” Ahyoung bid goodbye.

“I’ll drop by your place later in the evening. I love you, baby.”  He ended.

“I love you, too  Jong Oppa. See you later.” And both hang up.

Try as she might, sleep has been elusive for Ahyoung after the call. She then decided to just take a shower and prepare breakfast for her group. After her shower, she head to the kitchen and found Sojin having coffee.

“Good morning, Ahyoung-ah. You’re up early.” Soijin greeted.

“I’ll cook breakfast for us, Unnie.” She informed her.

Sojin just nodded and let her work around the kitchen. Mina and Hyeri walked in and the group shared the meal Yura prepared. Aftre breakfast, they all got ready for training. Half past nine, the girls’ manager arrived and picked them up for the training.

As soon as Yura settled on her seat, she tuned in to Park Myungsoo’s radio show. The show just started and Jong Hyun was introduced.All the way to the training, Yura remained silent and just follows the group as they reached the training studio.

Hyeri noriced that Yura was not her usual bubbly self during practice. When the choreographer called for break, she approached Sojin and asked if she has any idea why Yura seemed to be out. The leader told her that she’s without a clue s as well but she’s suspecting that it might have to do with Jong Hyun.Hyeri then decided to check the internet and saw the article on Jong Hyun’s guesting in the radio show.

“Unnie, Brother in law said that he is not in a relationship. He also mentioned about Red Velvet.” Hyeri whispered to Minah and Sojin while Yura is sitting on a corner fiddling with her phone.

Both of them agreed not to go public with their relationship. It must be the mention of the other girl group that pissed her.” Sojin deduced.

“ Yura Unnie might be jealous. Too bad they can’t come clean with their relationship.” Mina added.

“We should just let her be for now. Anyway, as far as I know, Jong will be seeing her later.” Sojin advised.

The group’s practice finished at around eight in the evening. On the way home, they just ordered food and after sharing the meal, they all head to their room except for Yura. Jong Hyun already called and informs her that he’s on his way.

Yura turn on the TV to pass time. After about fifteen minutes, she heard the bell and run to open the door. Jong Hyun greeted her with a bright smile.

“Hello, Ah Youngie.”  He uttered.

“Hello, Oppa. Come in." she greeted back.

Jong felt that something’s wrong with his girlfriend so as soon as they take a seat, he gently reached for her hand and asked.

“Are you okay, AhYoung-ah? Are you not feeling well?”

“I’m okay, Oppa. Maybe I’m just tired.” She answered with a sigh. Jong can sense that she’s lying so he sgently raised her chin with his finger so their eyes can meet.

“Tell me honestly love, is this about this morning’s interview.” Jong asked again.

Yura shook her head but Jong tenderly squeezed her hand, asking her to tell the truth.Yura just bowed her head and Jong can’t help but reached for her and wrapped her in his arms.

“Do you want to go public? We can date openly if you want, baby.”  Jong whispered to his gloomy girlfriend.

Yura shook her head and uttered. “No, Oppa. We both know it’s still early. My groups’ come back is near and your offers might be affected as well. We have to hide for now. It’s not gonna be for long, right?”

“ Yes, baby. Not for long. Soon we can date freely and I can tell the world that I ‘am with you. The only girl for me is Girl’s day Yura-my princess Ahyoungie ” Jong confirmed.

Yura let go of the embrace and settled next to Jong. She laid her head on his shoulder and enjoyed comfortable silence for a while.

“AhYoung-ah are you not going to ask something else?” Jong asked.

Yura for a while just stare at him and then said.

“Next time we go out, we cannot order that flavor of cake, okay?”

Jong was dumbfounded for a while but rolled on the floor laughing when he finally under stood what his girlfriend meant.

“Yes, baby. No Red Velvet cake for us.”