Chapter One: Young and Beautiful, But Mostly Jaded

The Young, The Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter One: Young and Beautiful, But Mostly Jaded

 

 

Krystal's life has been moving at a fast pace since she started studying at Seoul Prep and yet all she's been feeling lately is jaded. Although she appreciates the challenge Seoul Prep's high-standard education brings to her intellect, she couldn't help but detest all the strings attached to being its student.

 

Her younger years at her old elementary school were nothing but quiet and uneventful where she was mostly known for her perfect test scores and superior IQ. Getting into Seoul Prep is almost akin to getting your self into an entertainment company, people know her now--- and not even for her brains but for people shouldn't even have to concern themselves with; like the clothes she's wearing, who she's currently seeing or even how much income her parents are making.

 

Any person would want that: the fame. People talk about you. Strangers recognize you. They want to be you.

 

She loved it at first. She savored it with her every breath. She felt relevant and wanted. She's never felt more alive.

 

But now she's just tired of it. With eyes focused on her every move, she felt suffocated. She was only seventeen after all. These were supposed to be her glory days; to have too much fun, to up, to learn from that mistake and then to move on wiser than she was before. With her life under the microscope she couldn't really be an ordinary human being who actually s up without having everybody nitpick on her.

 

Krystal dreads going back to school for a new school year and she would be more than ecstatic to fly back to the beautiful beaches of Palawan. Receiving a text message from Sulli telling her that she's still in Jeju and wouldn't be able to attend the first day of classes makes Krystal even more depressed.

 

The moment she steps out of her car she could literally feel every person's eyes on her. She schools her features to that of disinterest and resists the urge to flip them all off.

 

She's gotten used to her schoolmates eyeing her from head to toe; some in appreciation but mostly in what she believes is jealousy. As a daughter to parents who owned Enigma, one of the biggest luxury clothing brands in the world, she's able to wear stuff that hasn't even been sold in stores yet. Add in the fact that her older sister also runs her own fashion line makes Krystal a walking, talking magazine editorial that people all stare at.

 

She takes off her oversized sunglasses, a pair of which has yet to be introduced as part of her sister's upcoming collection, and shoves it inside her bag.

 

As she makes her way to her first class, freshmen students blatantly stare at her in curiosity while the upperclassmen try their best to ignore her.

 

She has just spotted the entrance to her classroom when a heavy arm suddenly wounds around her shoulders. Her poker face disappears and a small smile appears on her face.

 

"Missed me?" Lee Taemin asks, smiling charmingly down at her.

 

"Oh, you don't know how much! I couldn't sleep for days thinking about you, Lee Taemin!" She says dramatically.

 

"I know you do." He winks. Students around them giggle and sigh at his presence and Krystal could practically hear their dropping all around her.

 

Amateurs, she mentally scoffs.

 

She le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter