Chapter 1

私たちの名前 [Our Names]

Chapter 1 - Potato, Pochi, Polar

 

"Potato, Pochi, Polar?" the man who took the three in called from his room. One part of his room was filled with papers, photos, post-its, markers and boards. The other side, was filled with weapons of all kind from the modern lasers to the historical way, daggers or swords. He was smirking at the paper that he was holding. From the three's point of view, they could only spot 'Toyosaki' on the top right of the paper - indicating its sender.

He placed the paper down on his messy deskwork and turned to face the three girls kneeling down obediently - just like how a dog would be loyal to its master. They didn't even flinch when the man attempted to stab Potato's right arm. In fact, the knife flung back to the board behind the man. He was amused and contented, "It seems your powers were still intact. I have a job for you three. You remember Dr.Toyosaki? The one that helped me? It seems like someone from the government is aiming for his life."

"Noted, my Lord. Will there be any handicap this time?" Potato asked without lifting her head as he taught them that they were not required to look at him unless stated. In no circumstances they would disobey him. After giving a deep consideration, he gave a seedy smile, "You aren't allowed to use any weapons. I would want you to get accustomed to the vitamin,"

Pochi twitched slightly when she heard the word, unlucky for her, the man spotted the slight change of her facial features and immediately punched her, "Are you uncomfortable with anything, Pochi?" Both Potato and Polar was tempted to look to see whether Pochi was okay but the strong presence of their master forbade it. With a struggle to give a firm response, she replied without looking up, "No, my lord. I apologise," Blood flowed out from , high likely to cause from the impact between her teeth and the inner cheek of . That scene being over, the man switched his personality from the cold person to a kind father and apologised. He stood up and wiped away the blood with his sleeves and hold her chin up - making her to look at his face. A face that was clean from any scars  nor signs being part of a dark society. He looked like a normal father that worked at the office for 12 hours and had a good family waiting for him at home. Within Pochi, she always wondered, why did he change so much?

---

Just after dismissal, and entered their room, Potato quickly asked Pochi, "Are you alright? Did it hurt that much?"

Pochi gave a soft smile and assured Potato that she was okay. Polar, on the other hand, sighed in relief when she heard it. The three of them were sisters, fraternal triplets with Potato being the oldest and Polar the youngest. Potato, Pochi, Polar obviously enough, were not their real names, it was their labels.

They were experimental results. They were being altered to foster powers. Being called as such so frequently made them forgot about their real names. They couldn't remember memories before 5 years of age. Although, they were told that 15 years ago, their house was lost in a fire and the man actually took them in. In laymen's terms, their first memory is the man - a figure of  a kind father known as Kawaru Sedai.

"Glad that you were okay. I got a word that Dr. Toyosaki would be having a press conference tomorrow concerning a prototype medical robot medicine that could cure disease once within the body system. He will leave his premises around 7 am. Making to the International Palace at 10am located at north of Tokyo. The conference will last for about 2 hours. After lunch at the restaurant at the International Palace, Dr. Toyosaki would then head towards the Kitagawa Hospital for a signing ceremony. That hospital was the first to test it public the first prototype. The whole signing will end around 4pm. He will be back at his residence at 7pm." Polar said as she read from her phone.

Pochi sighed, "Guess we can't have the day off tomorrow…"

Potato tried to joke in order to lightened the heavy atmosphere by saying things like, "Vampires do that too" and "We get to eat expensive food for free" And it worked.

When the clock struck ten, three girls got up from their resting position and ready to leave. On the way there, Polar yawned along with Potato. Pochi sighed at the sight, "Come on guys… It's too early to be sleepy,"

"Exactly!" Potato exclaimed as she waved her arm up and down causing the street lights to break and fall over. Her powers - destruction simply said. However, in scientific terms, it would be the control over force. Before the light stand could fall, it halted in mid air - this caused by Pochi - Telekinesis ie, the selective control of gravity. She then smoothly placed the lights onto the ground without a sound.  Polar, on the other hand had an elemental power of water, the ability to control the state of water.

They reached the house of Dr. Toyosaki at 12 midnight. The time where a person wished to assassinate another, timing was important. Hence when their master mentioned 'Tomorrow', the person may stick within the criteria the whole day as it did not exactly specify the time. Hence, required to be on guard at all times.

Before they could enter the house, a knife flew towards them and Polar managed to get it without a sweat with a circular ball of water - having the knife trapped within the sphere. Afterwards, a boy's voice entered, "Agnians? I thought they were supposed to be annihilated 15 years ago? Can't believe there were still more of us. I'm happy to find that there were still survivors. After all, there were only a handful of us,"