Five

Not So Average

Hi all! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. So, I went back and fixed just one minor thing: the songs that EXO performed at the senior ball. I originally wanted this to be a couple years back so I could flash foward to present time. I guess I was so in love with their new album 'Exodus' that I forgot about that one minor detail. But everything else is still the same! Don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe! Love you all!

XOXO (hehe), 

Mae

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. "Yah! Ha Yeon, slow down before I fall out of my wheelchair and you injure me even more!!" Ha Yeon was running so fast and pushing me in the process that I felt like the wind was literally deforming my face.

"Sorry Soo Min, but if we don't get to the hotel we could be too late! They're leaving today!" she yelled down to me. She didn't bother to slow down either. I sighed and tried to keep as still as possible. "Ha Yeon!!"

We came to a screeching halt in front of the Hyatt Regency Hotel doors. I felt myself falling out of my chair when suddenly I was propped back up. "I told you to be careful! If you were going to drag me all the way over here you have to try not to kill me." I blew my hair out of my face and looked up to see that Ha Yeon wasn't even listening to me, she was frantically looking around the lobby before she ran up to the check-in counter. 

"Hi, I'm the girl who called earlier about EXO. Have they checked out yet?" 

The lady at the counter was a little surprised by her bluntness, but proceeded to type some things on the computer before looking back up. "I'm sorry, they checked out about 15 minutes ago." 

Ha Yeon shook her head with wide-eyes. "NO!" She realized she was yelling way to loud, so she composed herself and spoke again in a more calm manner. "Uhm, sorry, do you perhaps know if they went straight to the airport?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know. But when I watched them drive away in their van they didn't take the street that leads to the airport." she kindly said. 

Ha Yeon's eyes widened once again and she grabbed the lady's hand. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She ran back over to me and squealed. "They could still be here, this could be your last chance to say thank you!" 

I didn't get what the big deal was. I know Chanyeol had saved me from what could've been a major disaster that night, but he's a superstar. I was already very thankful towards him in everyway even if I couldn't tell him that in person. Maybe I would send him a thank you card through their fan mail base. I admit, it would be amazing to see him, or even all of them, one last time. I was still pretty shocked at the fact that they were even America, at an event as small as one high school's senior ball. How did our school get so lucky? 

By the time I was done talking to myself in my head. We had already reached the downtown area near the hotel. Wow, Ha Yeon is one fast walker when she wants to be. Which would explain why she's so slow in PE.....

We ended up wandering around downtown for about 1 hour, looking into every shop or resturant to see if they were there. I had to admit, a little part of me wished we found them in any of the shops we had passed by, but they were nowhere to be found. Ha Yeon suddenly stopped and bent down to hold her knees. "Man, all this walking is tiring. But I can't give up!"

"You don't have to do this. What are the odds that we'll find them? They could've left already in the time that we've been searching Ha Yeon. Please, I'm tired and I'm not even the one that's walking."

"B-but.. we have to find them. What happened last night was totally fate! Don't you believe in that stuff?"

"What happened last night was a total coincidence, no matter how unbelievable it all is." I sighed. Ha Yeon frowned. "Fine. We'll go home..... I guess."

I hated to see her so dissappointed. I took a deep breath and smiled before speaking again. "Okay, fine, we can continue to look as long as your legs will carry you. I'm sure you'll get tired sometime today. But can we go grab a bite first? Just real quick? It's already 11:23am.

As if on cue, her stomach growled. "Ugh, fine. You're lucky food is just as important as finding them." I laughed as she wheeled me a couple more blocks, both of us looking for some decent place to eat. We passed by a trendy but small and cute little resturant. As we strolled past, I glanced at the menu and saw that they had fettucine alfredo, my favorite italian pasta dish. "Let's eat here!"

When we got inside, the resturant was way more packed than either of us had expected. "Soo Min, this line is soooo long. We'll be losing time if we eat here!" Ha Yeon pouted. 

I frowned, but I guess she was right. "Fine let's-"

A woman passed by us and then stopped in her tracks before whipping around to look at us. "Oh my gosh, how did you get into a wheelchair?" she walked towards us and looked at me. I realized that she worked in the resturant since she was wearing an apron with the resturant logo on it and everything. 

"Uh.... I had a bit of an accident last night..." I didn't really feel it was necessary to talk about the details, since I didn't want to talk about that anyways, let alone with a stranger. 

She frowned and looked away from me to glance at the long line ahead of us. She then proceeded to wave her hands at Ha Yeon and I to come closer to where she could whisper into our ears. 

"This line is long. Since you're disabled right now, I'll seat you first." Ha Yeon and I looked at each other and then at her with surprise. "Don't worry, I just have a special heart for those in wheelchairs or who are crippled. It's a long story." she laughed before gesturing for us to walk towards the back. "Here, there's a couple of tables open over here, and if anyone asks, you made a reservation. I've got you covered." she smiled. We nodded and thanked her several times. 

Ha Yeon pushed me over to the nearest table available, which was actually quite perfect. It was still out by others, where everyone was bustling, but the sun also shone down, making it feel like our own little sanctuary. "Hey, Soo Min, those guys look like serial killers." she pointed over to a group of about 4 guys wearing dark clothing, masks, and sunglasses. They looked pretty normal to me, all 4 of them were looking at menus like regular citizens. I rolled my eyes and looked at her. "You think everyone looks like a serial killer!" I hit her arm with my knee. "Just because they're wearing dark clothing doesn't mean a thing."

"Say what you want..." she cocked her head to one side. "But they look like the same group of guys I said were serial killers that I saw yesterday at ball." About 6 more guys sat down at the table with the other 4. Her eyes widened. "Omo, do you think they followed us??" she started hitting my arm. 

"OUCH!" I practically yelled. I sealed my lips together and slowly closed my eyes when I realized everyone was looking at me. I cleared my throat before yell-whispering to Ha Yeon. "Hey, remember when I was in that little accident last night and ended up with a million and six bruises all over my body?! Stop hitting me!!" 

"Oh, sorry!" she put her hands together like she was in school. 

I puffed out a sigh in anger and turned my head to the right to see if I could stare at some painting or something on the wall. The pain in both of my arms was throbbing from Ha Yeon hitting them so much. 

 


 

"Dude, these bathrooms, are nice." Baekhyun, Suho, Xiumin, Lay, Kai, and Tao joined the rest of us at the table. 

"You've been saying that about everything since we got here Baekhyun." D.O laughed at him.

"Well that's because everything here is nice!!" I'll miss this place. Are we gonna come back??" he looked around waiting for someone to answer like he was a lost little puppy. 

I laughed and looked at him. "Probably. This is just the start of coming to America. It might take a while before we come back, but we will eventually. This was just a test run."

"Yeah it'll be fun to-" Suho started, but he was interrupted by a loud noise.

"OUCH!" someone yelled from about two tables over. We all looked over at who made the sound, just like the rest of the resturant did. Mostly everyone was surprised by the loud noise coming from a small girl. 

Rays from the sun came down through the skylights and hit the back of the girls head perfectly. She had soft brown hair, but I could only see her from the back. She turned around and leaned in closer to her friend's face, with an angry look plastered all over her own face. Now I could only see profile. Something was telling me not to look away from her, and in a couple more moments, I knew why. She turned her head to face our table and looked in my direction. I gulped and my eyes widened. 

 

Soo Min.