i.

You're 20/20 In My Eyes

The first time that Oh Sehun encounters Do Kyungsoo is when he’s five years old. He’s playing with his most precious toy in the whole wide word, his shiny truck, in the front yard when he looks up to find the widest eyed kid staring at him through the white picket fence. Sehun knows that he shouldn’t be talking to strangers but the boy appears to be around the same age and seems completely harmless, adorable even. He shyly waves at the boy and shoots him an awkward smile. Sehun expects eyes curved into crescents and a wide grin in return but he’s wrong. Instead, he’s met with furrowed eyebrows and a piercing stare that makes Sehun shudder with an ice cold chill; he hopes to never see the scary devil child again.

The next time that Sehun meets Kyungsoo is the following day, much to his horror; Sehun’s mother invites the Do family over to their house for a welcome dinner. The spawn of Satan looks different though, he’s wearing thick rimmed glasses and he looks less… angry and intimidating. Sehun still thinks that he should keep his distance… just in case. When the adults shoo the children away to play, Sehun immediately picks up his playtoy and entirely forgets of Kyungsoo’s existence. It isn’t until Mama Oh clears to gain the attention of her son that he remembers that he’s not alone. He pouts as his mom mouths ‘Let Kyungsoo play, too’ as she not very discreetly points to the other boy; Sehun feels offended that his mom treats him like he’s super dumb.

Sehun sighs and begrudgingly passes his favorite toy truck to Kyungsoo so that he can play with it. The other boy hastily grabs the toy and makes cute vroom vroom noises; Sehun thinks it’s endearing until he hears a deafening wail coming from his playmate. He rushes over to find his most prized possession in pieces; tears start forming in his own brown eyes and before he can register how he feels about the carnage, his eyes have teared up and he begins to bawl as well.

Sehun decides that he doesn’t like his new play friend, he doesn’t like him one bit. Do Kyungsoo is a destroyer of souls (and toy trucks) and Sehun doesn't hold back in conveying said hatred. Mama Oh scolds him for slapping Kyungsoo and coerces him to say sorry; Sehun doesn’t mean any of the words he utters when he apologizes. He also doesn’t care for the way his mom pushes his head down so he folds into a ninety degree bow. Do Kyungsoo is a destroyer of pride (and toy trucks).




Sehun bumps into Kyungsoo a few weeks later, literally. He still hasn’t forgiven the other boy for smashing his most favorite toy in the whole wide world but Kyungsoo doesn’t seem too flustered by Sehun’s silent treatment; this annoys him greatly. Sehun has the idea of breaking Kyungsoo’s stupid spectacles to demonstrate how it would feel when people break your things but he remembers the threat Mama Oh had made about treating their new neighbours nicely. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”, whatever the hell that means. Sehun could tell that his mom was serious by the throbbing vein on her forehead; the young boy has had many nightmares about Mama Oh's forehead vein. He slinks away without disturbing the other boy; Kyungsoo never knowing how dangerously close he was to having his glasses snapped right before his eyes.




Several months have passed and the memory of the toy (and soul) destroying incident is beginning to fade in Sehun's mind. That is, until his parents decide to attend some stupid grown up fancy adult thing and sent him away to his mortal enemy's house AKA the Do family residence. He may only be five years old, but he knows that he will never ever, not even in one hundred years (he has yet to learn what number comes after one hundred) be friends with Do Kyungsoo.

He hears the boy’s light pitter patter of footsteps as Mama Do ushers him inside with a warm smile. She has a nice smile, Sehun thinks, unlike her dumb son with his dumb face and his dumb hands that broke his undumb (is that a word?) mega awesome shiny red toy truck with the pretty lights and doors that can actually open. He misses it dearly but he won’t allow Kyungsoo to have the satisfaction of knowing it.

They play quietly, each occupying one side of the room, an invisible line marking each of their territories (although this is probably only the case for Sehun with Kyungsoo entirely oblivious that should he venture into Sehun's domain, accident or not, he's practically declaring war with the other). The sun sets and the sky turns frighteningly dark, Sehun thinks that it must be really really really late and he grins gleefully at the fact that he hasn’t been forced to go to bed yet. Kyungsoo on the other hand is affected by the late hour and starts to nod off on “his side of the room”. The boy yawns without covering his mouth (which Sehun thinks is so rude and disgusting, who wants to see yucky icky tonsils), takes off his glasses and rubs at his eyes.

Sehun eyes the glasses that have been discarded haphazardly on the ground. It reminds him of the time ages and ages and ages and ages and ages ago when he wanted to avenge his toy truck and become the destroyer of glasses (take that, Do Kyungsoo). Sehun looks at the other boy who has since curled up into a fetal position, happily on his thumb (what a baby) and directs his attention back to the spectacles. They’re taunting him, he can practically hear them screaming ‘break me, break me’.

As Sehun is debating over whether or not the satisfaction of making Kyungsoo cry was worth the fury of Mama Oh, he feels an irritating nudge to his arm. He scowls at the boy who dared breach over to his side of the room and actually touch him. His glare dissipates immediately when he observes that said boy is not empty handed; he has a sparkly new toy truck rested upon his chubby palms.

It’s bigger, shinier and fancier than his previous model; Sehun most definitely approves. He pounces forward to thank his not so mortal enemy anymore but catches the other boy by surprise and they both end up toppling over. They hear a crack and it doesn’t sound like a good sound, no it most certainly doesn’t. They help each other up and survey the damage and wouldn’t you know? Sehun did end up breaking Kyungsoo’s glasses after all.

The other boy starts crying and Mama Do rushes in, alarmed by the cries of her child. He sniffles at the smashed spectacles and points an accusatory finger at Sehun and screeches, “He did it! He broked them!” Mama Oh embraces the wailing child and rocks him back and forth, attempting to console him. Sehun stands in the same position, too guilty to move and too ashamed to look at Mama Oh or the snivelling boy.

Tears well up in his own eyes and he chokes back a sob. Mama Do beckons for Sehun to approach her but he’s afraid of what punishment he’s about to receive. He braces for a smack on the bum but the strike never arrives, he feels a tissue covering his nose with instructions to blow. Mama Do wipes his snotty face and assures him that accidents happen and he needs not worry, he’s not in any trouble. Sehun glances over to Kyungsoo and judging by the expression on his face, the other boy doesn’t feel the same way. Sehun’s pretty sure that Kyungsoo blames him for what happened and that it’s most definitely isn’t okay.

Sehun was under the impression that after the presentation of his new playtoy, it would have been the start of a beautiful friendship with his neighbor – he’s wrong again – Kyungsoo is a tattle tale and a crybaby who still his thumb. Sehun demotes him from ‘potential friend’ back to ‘destroyer of toy trucks’. Sehun also thinks that it’s funny that he’s also a destroyer, a destroyer of potential new friendships (and glasses).




Years pass and Sehun and Kyungsoo haven’t quite formed the friendship one would expect from two young boys of similar age who live next door to each other. There are no sleepovers filled with movie marathons, video game championships and the building of countless impenetrable forts. No, none of that, they’re barely just friends; a polite nod of the head and a passing “hello” is all the acknowledgement they provide to one another. Thoughts of smashing Kyungsoo’s glasses never quite leave Sehun’s mind, he is after all, a destroyer of toy trucks.




Sehun is just starting middle school - he’s eleven years old and he can now count up to one billion. He still thinks that he and Kyungsoo will never become friends, not even in a billion years. Sehun isn’t jealous of the fact that Kyungsoo is older than him and is allowed to go out with his friends without a chaperone. He also isn’t green with envy when he visits Kyungsoo’s room for the first time in three years and sees the new video game he’s been asking Mama Oh to buy for him for the past six months. Now he really wants to destroy the stupid boy's glasses again but he doesn’t dare (he has no way of claiming it to be an accident and he’s too young to die). Little does Sehun know that his desires to break Kyungsoo’s glasses will come true in a few years to come.




The second time Sehun destroys Kyungsoo’s glasses is when he’s fourteen, on the first day of high school. He’s trying to impress the cool group of kids and be initiated into their gang. This time, however, Kyungsoo doesn’t cry; there are no tears in sight. Instead, Sehun’s ears are filled with profanities that he doesn’t even know existed as the other boy flies into a fit of rage. This is the first time Sehun has ever been involved in a fight, well it isn’t much of a brawl; Sehun isn’t able to land one blow. Sehun’s sporting a black eye for several weeks to come and Kyungsoo gets off without a scratch in sight (just a bruised knuckle). Needless to say, Sehun avoids Kyungsoo for the rest of the school year and resigns himself to the nerd table. The younger male slowly resents the elder, he’s a destroyer of social status (and toy trucks).

When Mama Oh finds out about the whole incident, Sehun discovers that his mom doesn’t bluff and the bulging vein can actually go Super Saiyan mode. His video game privileges are revoked for three whole months and toy trucks aren’t much fun to play with anymore when you’re fourteen. Kyungsoo is a destroyer of fun times (and toy trucks).




At fifteen, Sehun has grown taller than Kyungsoo, much to his delight. The poor boy hasn’t grown since he was thirteen and remains almost entirely unaffected by the usual transformations during the onset of puberty; Sehun prays that he has a kinder fate. Narrow framed as Kyungsoo is, Sehun admits that the older boy does actually has a very charming smile, his lips form a heart shape smile that could probably end any dispute or conflict (just not their own). He couldn’t care less that the boy has never smiled at him with those thick plump lips and white teeth. Whatever though, Sehun’s taller and that’s all that matters.




Sehun is sixteen when his father leaves him and his mom. He doesn’t understand the reason behind his father’s departure, all Mama Oh says about it is “Good riddance” and “We’re better off without him”. Sehun isn’t sure that it’s true because he misses his father dearly and he knows that his mom does too even if she denies it. He hears her cry at night, he in turn, tries his best to not make a sound when tears stream down his own face - he doesn’t want his mom to be any more sad than she already is.

When Mama Oh has to to attend a business conference abroad, she doesn’t allow him to remain in the house alone. Futile attempts are made to persuade her that he’s old enough to spend a week without adult supervision. Mama Oh insists that Sehun stay with the Do family, much to his chagrin; Kyungsoo isn’t pleased by the news either. Sehun relishes in the knowledge that his presence appears to irritate the other boy and makes it his life mission to push all of his buttons, making his life a complete misery. Kyungsoo, after all, is a destroyer of all good things (and toy trucks).

Two days in and the two are close to throttling each other. Sehun has promised his mom that he wouldn’t go anywhere near the other boy’s glasses but that doesn’t mean that he can’t wring the boy’s neck now, does it? After another argument over absolutely nothing, Kyungsoo pushes Sehun into a bookshelf which knocks off a photo frame, shattering the glass into pieces as it makes contact with the ground. They both rush to the clear up the aftermath, not wanting to get into trouble with their respective parents.

In their haste, Sehun nicks his finger on one of the sharp shards of glass. Tears start forming in his eyes and Kyungsoo is about to make a snarky remark about Sehun’s wussiness but the words don’t leave his mouth. Sehun doesn’t feel the pain from the wound, he isn’t even aware of the blood trickling down his digit. Instead, his attention is focused on the photo he’s clutching in his hand, at the smiling Do family portrait.

He misses his Dad, he misses his mom’s smile and he wants nothing more for their family to be reunited and become whole again. Kyungsoo has a moment of astuteness (probably the first and only ever time) and all feelings of animosity between the two are dispelled. Sehun’s vulnerability is tugging on the older boy’s heartstrings and he can’t bear the thought of contributing to his suffering.

Kyungsoo clears up the rest of the mess and leads Sehun into the bathroom. He retrieves the first aid kit from the medicine cabinet and starts to disinfect the younger male’s cut. Sehun is surprised at Kyungsoo’s gentle touch and soothing voice as he tells him that it might sting a little. He watches the elder male sterilize his wound and wraps a band aid around his finger as carefully as he can. Sehun is moved by the Kyungsoo’s actions and starts to cry again. His tears startle Kyungsoo, prompting the elder male to panic that he's hurt the boy further.

Sehun gazes into Kyungsoo’s deep brown eyes, past the thick glasses and notices for the first time that Kyungsoo’s eyes contain a high ratio of sclera and he asks himself if it’s normal. As he continues staring, Kyungsoo misconstrues it as a ploy to break his glasses and he raises his small palms to shield and defend his crucial eyewear and sternly warns the other, “Don’t you even think about it”.

Sehun laughs in response, shocking the older boy. He shakes his head and assures him that he wasn't even contemplating such thoughts. They both end up in a hysterical laughing fit; a concerned Mama Do enters the bathroom to find the two boys on the floor, both clutching their sides.

On his final day at the Do family residence, Sehun realizes that he doesn’t want to leave. He’s really enjoyed Kyungsoo’s company over the past few days, much to his surprise. Sehun comments on this as he bids his farewell, waving furiously to his new companion. His hyung giggles with glee and tells him that he’s always welcome to come round to visit and Sehun makes him promise to keep to his word. Sehun isn’t sure how he’s done it, but he no longer bears ill harbored feelings toward the elder male, said emotions have been replaced with fondess and affection. Kyungsoo is a destroyer of expectations (and toy trucks).




One night as the two boys are having their usual weekend sleepover (or as they like to call it: bro nights), Sehun blurts out “I miss my dad” and blushes crimson with embarrassment, unable to take the words back. Kyungsoo stares at Sehun for a while, making the other male feel uneasy and the younger boy worries that their friendship will come to an end (much like the time when Sehun first broke Kyungsoo’s glasses).

Sehun is frightened that Kyungsoo is going to leave him just as his dad did; regret courses through his body. Contrary to his fear, he feels his body being enveloped in a warm embrace, small arms snaking around his waist and a hushed “Ssssh, everything’s going to be okay. I’m here, and I won’t ever leave you” is whispered into his ear. Kyungsoo is a healer of hearts (and his best friend).

They’ve been inseparable ever since, that is until Kyungsoo announces that he’s been accepted into his first choice college with said college located miles and miles away. Sehun is proud of his hyung - it’s an admirable achievement but he can’t help but feel a pang of sadness that his hyung will be leaving him and that they won’t get to see each other every single day. He tries to conceal his disappointment when the wind is knocked out of him as Kyungsoo squeezes him with a crushingly tight bear hug. “Don’t worry, Sehun-ah. I’ll come back to visit as often as I can and I’ll be home for the holidays”, Kyungsoo promises, breathing into his ear. Sehun sulks and demands that the older boy will need to phone him every day ‘if their friendship meant anything to him’; Kyungsoo pinky promises.




When the dreaded day that Kyungsoo has to move away for college arrives, Sehun commands himself to not cry but fails miserably in doing so. He ends up wailing at the train station, clinging onto Kyungsoo as if his life depended on it. What makes this whole scenario comical is that Sehun is now a whole head taller than Kyungsoo and almost twice as broad. Despite this, Kyungsoo brushes Sehun’s bangs away from his face and reassures him that he won’t find a new best friend and forget all about him.

The older boy inspires Sehun to work extra hard at school so that he can be admitted to the same college as his hyung. When his acceptance letter arrives in the mail, he immediately rings Kyungsoo to inform him of the good news and they begin to plan their college life together.

The elder male recommends Sehun to spend his first year living in the campus dorm to experience freshman life, a suggestion which Sehun vehemently declines. He’s spent a whole year apart from his best friend and he doesn’t want to spend another year separated, even if the distance will be exponentially decreased. Sehun insists that a fifteen minute walk between on campus dorms and Kyungsoo’s student apartment is too far. The younger boy is certain that he can hear the smaller male’s smile through the phone as he reluctantly agrees to moving in together; Kyungsoo most definitely hears Sehun’s whooping and cheering down the phone.




It’s currently the second year that they’ve been living in the same apartment and Sehun believes that they’re the perfect match in regards to housemate compatibility; Kyungsoo isn’t so sure. Even though Kyungsoo has the tendency to nag Sehun about attending lectures, dirty laundry on the floor and used dishes in the sink, Sehun would never want either one of them to move out, ever.

Sehun posits that they’ll remain the best of friends, no obstacles could ever stand in their way - he couldn’t be more wrong, again.











Sehun isn’t in class, he should be, but he’s not. Instead, he’s playing League of Legends and he is absolutely slaying. If his best friend could see what he was doing, Sehun’s sure that he’d be knocked out on the floor by now; Kyungsoo has a killer chokehold despite his small (really small) stature. Zitao should really stop teaching him martial arts; Sehun tends to be on the receiving end of Kyungsoo’s wrath and adding ninjitsu skills is a fatal combination.

Sehun is about to start yet another game when his phone buzzes in his pocket.


Soo hyung
Are you at home?

Sehun
Is this a trick question?

Soo hyung
No.

Sehun
Then yes I am..

Soo hyung
Shouldn’t you be in class?

Sehun
You just said it wasn’t a trick question

Soo hyung
It isn’t!

Sehun
Class.. Was cancelled

Soo hyung
You’re lying.

Sehun
Did you want something, hyung?

Soo hyung
Yeah, I don’t suppose you’ve seen my glasses laying around anywhere, have you?

Sehun
Nope?

Soo hyung
Are you playing LoL?

Sehun
Is that another trick question?

Soo hyung
No.

Sehun
Well.. I’m not

Soo hyung
You’re lying again.

Sehun
How do you do that?!

Soo hyung
It’s a gift I have to bear.

Sehun
Well, if I see your glasses.. I’ll put it somewhere safe.

Soo hyung
Thanks.

Sehun
Wait.. If you don’t know where your glasses are, how are you able to see right now?

Soo hyung
There’s these things called contact lenses, Sehun.

Sehun
Oh right, yeah.. I didn’t think you owned any because I’ve never seen you in them

Soo hyung
I don’t like to wear them, they itch my eyes.

Sehun
Ah I see (lolollloooool see.. Geddit?!)

Soo hyung
You’re a hoot. Anyways, I need to get to class now. Speaking of, how about you turn off the video game and get your into class.

Sehun
Or what?

Soo hyung
How about I don’t cook for you anymore?

Sehun
Ok.. Ok.. I’ll go MOM

Soo hyung
Big mistake.

Sehun
Oh .. I’m sorry, hyung!

Sehun
HYUNG

Sehun
HYUUUUUUNG


Sehun’s phone trembles in his hand. He’s really done it this time, he’s going to be in for a world of pain when Kyungsoo gets home.

I’d better make it to at least one class today for some damage control and hopefully it’ll help pacify the beast.

The tall male stands up from his chair (it takes a few attempts; he’s been playing for the past four hours) and stretches his long limbs with a loud animalistic cry. He’s in the middle of pulling a hoodie over this broad torso when his phone flashes again.


Soo hyung
Oh wait, I might have left it on my bed, could you check for me?

Sehun
Manners much?

Soo hyung
Please. Thank you.

Sehun
I’ll check

Soo hyung
You’re a star.

Sehun
Glad you know it

Soo hyung
Brat*

Sehun
No take backs

Soo hyung
Gdi!

Sehun
Good try though


The younger male is still grinning at his cute hyung when he makes his way into said boy’s room. The room is spotless, a complete opposite to his own room (Kyungsoo reckons calling it a pigsty would be offensive to those poor pigs). The older boy is the absolute definition of organized, so it comes as a huge shock to Sehun to learn that the smaller male has misplaced his glasses; Kyungsoo never loses anything. In fact, if Sehun were to call Kyungsoo this very second and ask him where the slightly bent spoon was, he’d answer immediately without a moment’s hesitation.

Sehun eyes the notice board hanging on the wall above Kyungsoo’s computer and notices that the majority of the things pinned to the board are related to the two of them somehow; be it movie theater stubs or photos. Contrary to popular belief, the younger male has never had anything but platonic feelings for the elder. One can be friends with someone and not want to jump their bones; he’s capable of self restraint and keeping it in his pants. Besides, Mama Oh has always told him, ‘don’t where you eat’, and he plans on adhering to those principles. He doesn’t want things to get messy between the two of them. Sure, they get into fights every now and then, but who wouldn’t? Any disagreements between the two of them never last for very long.Their current living arrangement and friendship is a Goldilocks’ dream - it’s just right.

The male begins his hunt for the spectacles that Kyungsoo depends on and proceeds to search the bed. He pulls the perfectly made bed sheets from their place and checks under the pillows. Nothing. He double checks by patting the bed down (Kyungsoo would have a flying fit if he finds out that the younger male dared to sit on his bed without his permission, but he indirectly gave consent when he requested Sehun to look for his glasses, right?) Still nothing. Sehun shrugs and decides to resume getting ready for his last class of the day when he hears a crack and feels something below his left foot.

Please don’t be what I think it is. Please. Please. Please. I actually cherish my life and I require full use of my limbs. Please. Please. Please. I’ll be good and attend all my classes; even the nine a.m. ones.

Sehun raises his left foot and peers at the ground with squinted eyes (as if that would really change anything) and surveys the damage he’s inflicted. It’s bad, it’s really bad.

Crap. I’m screwed. I should start planning my funeral now.

He debates as to whether or not he should text the shorter male to inform him that he’s located his glasses but it’s with great regret that Sehun must also notify him of their demise; it wasn’t a rescue mission but a recovery. The other alternative is to hide them, feign ignorance and take the secret to his grave. Kyungsoo would be none the wiser and more importantly, he would still have the function of both his legs. The latter sounds oh so appealing right about now, all that’s required is to think of the perfect hiding spot until trash collection day which, just as luck would have it, is only two days away.

Kyungsoo’s room is out of the question for obvious reasons. The bathroom is a complete danger zone along with pretty much all communal areas which only leaves Sehun’s room. The boy really doesn't want to keep the incriminating evidence in his room, so he thought long and hard for an alternative place before he’s struck with a brain wave - the coffee jar! In the two years that Sehun has been living with Kyungsoo, he has never known the latter to drink a cup of coffee. He's the caffeine addict, the wide eyed boy was more of a ‘I only like to drink straight up water’ kind of guy.

Deciding it the perfect place to stash the broken glasses, Sehun pops open the jar lid and buries them under a mountain of instant coffee granules. He dusts off his hands and nods affirmatively to himself and gives himself a mental pat on the back.

Job well done.

He grabs his bag, pats his jeans pockets to make sure he has all the essentials (phone, check; wallet, check; keys, check), puts on his sneakers and is out the door. His crime (and the necessity of disposal on trash day) is already long forgotten, even before the front door closes with a quiet thud.
















Sehun returns to find the apartment in complete disarray; he stands in the doorway, his jaw practically hitting the floor. He closes his eyes with the hope that when he opens them again, the apartment would return to the state that he most definitely left it in. It isn't.

I’m not getting into for this. Soo hyung better not have a go at me, this is not my fault. Wait, back the truck up and shut the front door. What if we’re being robbed?! Holy crap!

The male checks the entrance for any signs of forced entry (Kyungsoo had scoffed at him when he’d caught him watching police procedural shows but who’s laughing now? His knowledge might very well save the day… somehow), there aren’t any. Sehun releases a heavy sigh of relief before calling out to his best friend, “Kyungsoo, are you home? What the hell happened?”

“In here!” said male calls back out.

Wait a second, that sounds like he’s in my room. What’s Soo hyung doing there?

The taller male dashes to his room to find the elder sitting in the middle of the room, rummaging through his personal belongings with his back to the door.

“Hyung! What do you think you’re doing?!” Sehun exclaims.

“I’m trying to look for my glasses, if I have these torture devices in any longer, I’m going to claw my eyeballs out!” the elder male replies, not even bothering to turn around and face the owner of the room.

The audacity of this hyung. He’s going through my things and he’s not even apologetic about it, in fact, he hasn’t even acknowledged that he is impeaching upon my privacy.

Sehun squats down and coerces Kyungsoo to turn around to face him, “Hyung, you’re supposed to ask–”

It’s as if time froze at that very moment with the saxophones of ‘Careless Whisper’ playing in the background.

Hot damn, Kyungsoo is attractive. Like, super attractive. Like, when did Kyungsoo get so hot? Wow. Okay. This is new. This is really new. Look at those eyes, I mean, I knew that they were big, but they're really big. Massive. And he has such a cute nose. And those lips, the heart shaped lips that are so plump and inviting. They look so soft, I want to know what they feel like. I want to kiss them– Oh, crap. This is not okay. This is not okay at all. What am I thinking? Why am I thinking about kissing Soo hyung?! It's Soo hyung. Do Kyungsoo. The Do Kyungsoo who broke my toy truck. The Do Kyungsoo who still his thumb until the age of thirteen. Wait... does that mean he’s an expert at ? Oh my God, what am I thinking?! But just look at his face. I just want to slap him in the face… With my face.

“Sehun?”

“Hmm?”

“You’ve been humming ‘Careless Whisper’ to yourself for the last couple of minutes, are you alright?”

“Hmm?”

The younger male snaps out of his reverie when he feels Kyungsoo’s warm hand brush over his forehead, the elder trying to determine if Sehun is coming down with a fever. “You’re feeling kind of warm, I hope you’ve not caught a bug.” Kyungsoo removes his hand and Sehun fights the urge to push his forehead against the small dainty hands of the other boy. “You should rest a little, let me know if you need anything, okay?”

“I think I may need to lie down,” on top of you. Thank God Sehun manages to keep the last part from being spoken aloud; he wouldn’t have been able to simply pass it off as a joke and their entire friendship could’ve been completely compromised by four words that Sehun didn’t even mean… or did he?

“I think that’s a good idea. I’m going to continue looking for my glasses, don’t mind me,” Kyungsoo continues his hunt for the missing eyewear as Sehun assures himself it’s perfectly fine to check out the older boy’s - it is right in his line of vision after all, so it really couldn’t be avoided.

Kyungsoo spends the next half hour searching through every single nook and cranny of Sehun’s room, much to the younger boy’s horror. He’s not exactly the neatest person but he likes to think he’s got some kind of organization to his belongings and the shorter boy has just gone and changed the order of it all. That’s not the only thing the other boy has altered, Kyungsoo might have changed the way Sehun feels for the boy; he’s not quite sure as to in what way and to what extent just yet.

“It’s not here,” Kyungsoo huffs as he sits on the edge of Sehun’s bed. Before the younger boy has a chance to respond, Kyungsoo has jumped off the bed and Sehun can hear clattering sounds resonating from the bathroom - it appears that the older boy won’t be resting until the glasses are located (which is never going to happen). Sehun pities Kyungsoo's fruitless endless searching but not enough to confess his crime.

With Kyungsoo no longer in sight, Sehun attempts to process the feelings he had felt earlier.

There’s no way I can like Soo hyung… right?










Soo hyung
Are you sure you haven’t seen my glasses laying around anywhere?

Sehun
Have you still not found them, hyung?!

Soo hyung
No, I haven’t. This is getting really frustrating now.

Sehun
I’ll keep an eye out for them (loooooooooooooooooool)

Soo hyung
You’re such a loser.

Sehun
But maybe it’s a good thing that you can’t find them

Soo hyung
And why is that?

Sehun
Has anyone ever told you how different you look without them?

Soo hyung
Different, how? Good or bad?

Sehun
I dunna.. Just.. Different

Soo hyung
Well, I don’t care about looking different.

Sehun
But who knows? Maybe someone will see you in a different way

Soo hyung
A different way?

Sehun
Yeah.. Like in a way that they’ve never thought about before

Soo hyung
But why would they think differently just because I’m not wearing glasses?

Sehun
Because you look different, hyung.. That’s what I’m trying to tell you

Soo hyung
That’s preposterous. I don’t look that different without them.

Sehun
I feel like we should stop saying ‘different’

Soo hyung
This isn’t Superman and I’m not Clark Kent.

Sehun
I’m not saying you’re unrecognizable without them..

Sehun
You’re just..

Soo hyung
Different?

Sehun
I was trying to think of a different word..

Soo hyung
You said ‘different’ again.

Sehun
Another word*

Soo hyung
Well, I’d like to think that this person (should this person exist) will like me for more than just how I appear when I’m not wearing glasses.

Sehun
Yeah.. But haven’t you had that eye opening moment (lololol) where you’ve had like this epidural?

Soo hyung
Well, I’ve never been in labor so no - I’ve not had an epidural.

Sehun
Wait, what? I’m talking about that groundbreaking realization.. You know, an epidural

Soo hyung
Epidurals are the pain relief drugs given during labor, Sehun.

Sehun
Oh right.. LOOOOLOL.. Episiotomy?

Soo hyung
Wow.

Sehun
What?

Soo hyung
That’s when the doctor cuts a woman’s you know what to help with childbirth.

Sehun
Eeeeeesh.. What is the word that I mean then? Don’t tell me.. I know I’ll kick myself when I hear it.. I know this word.. It’s on the tip of my tongue

Sehun
Epistome?

Sehun
Epistolary?

Soo hyung
http://google.com

Sehun
?

Soo hyung
Perhaps you should use it.

Sehun
I could.. But why bother when I have you?

Soo hyung
Say what now?

Sehun
You can do all the leg work ^^

Soo hyung
The word you were thinking of was ‘epiphany’.

Sehun
Asdfghjkl.. Hyung!! I told you not to tell me.. I wanted to figure it out myself.. I almost had it!!!

Soo hyung
Well, I was just doing the ‘leg work’ as you so aptly put it.

Sehun
;;;;;A;;;;;

Soo hyung
Do yourself a favor and go purchase a dictionary. Epidural? What’s wrong with you?

Sehun
;;;;;;;;;;;;

Sehun
Anyways.. As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me.. Epiphany

Soo hyung
What about it?

Sehun
Like have you not had one?

Soo hyung
Well, of course I’ve had one.

Sehun
What about?

Soo hyung
Things.

Sehun
What things?

Soo hyung
Why are we even talking about this?

Sehun
I’m just saying.. I think you should consider going glasses free

Soo hyung
And this is your big epiphany?

Sehun
It’s not an epiphany.. Just my opinion is all

Soo hyung
And since when is my eyewear so important that you feel the need to discuss it in such great detail?

Sehun
I’m just saying.. You suit not wearing glasses

Soo hyung
Right.

Sehun
Forget it, hyung

Soo hyung
Okay, if that’s what you want.

Sehun
Yeah.. It is

Soo hyung
Then it’s forgotten.

Sehun
Good

Soo hyung
Great.

Sehun
Fantastic

Soo hyung
Lovely.

Sehun
Marvelous

Soo hyung
Excellent.

Sehun
Awesome

Soo hyung
Wait, why are we playing a game of synonyms?

Sehun
I dunna.. You started it

Soo hyung
I didn’t.

Sehun
Did too

Soo hyung
I did not.

Sehun
Did too

Soo hyung
Did not.

Sehun
Did too

Soo hyung
I feel like this could go on for a very long time.

Sehun
I think so too

Soo hyung
Anyways, thanks.

Sehun
For?

Soo hyung
Saying I look good without glasses.

Sehun
I didn’t

Soo hyung
You did.

Sehun
Did not

Soo hyung
You did, though.

Sehun
I did no such thing. You take that back.. PHEASANT

Soo hyung
I think you mean ‘peasant’. Pheasant is a bird, Sehun. And even if you didn’t explicitly state it, I read between the lines.

Sehun
How dare you read between my lines?! I feel violated..

Soo hyung
Why do I even speak to you?

Sehun
Because you love me

Soo hyung
You wish.

Sehun
Ouch.. That hurts

Soo hyung
Just look out for my glasses, okay?

Sehun
Ok..

Soo hyung
Thanks.

Sehun
You’re welcome

Sehun
Oh and hyung?

Soo hyung
Yes?

Sehun
You do

Soo hyung
I do, what?

Sehun
Lookgoodwithoutyourglasses

Soo hyung
And I don’t look good with them? Charming.

Sehun
That’s not what I meant!

Soo hyung
I’m playing.

Sehun
;;;;;;

Soo hyung
I’ll see you when I get home.

Sehun
Hyung?

Soo hyung
Yes?

Sehun
Could you get me some bubble tea?

Sehun
Please?

Sehun
Pretty please?

Soo hyung
Yeah, okay.

Sehun
Thanks hyung! You’re the best!

Soo hyung
And don’t you forget it.

Sehun
Neveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr










Sehun keeps staring at Kyungsoo, Sehun can’t help but gawk at the elder boy. He’s still not sure what’s happened exactly but all he knows is that Do Kyungsoo without glasses is the single most hottest thing in the entire history of the world. He tries to think back as to why he’s never noticed it before - surely he’s seen the other male not wearing glasses before… or has he? Sehun can’t quite remember - Kyungsoo is pretty heavily reliant on his glasses, he’d probably walk off a cliff without them on.

The first time that he saw Kyungsoo without glasses was the first time that they’d met but he was five and the latter was six. Although Sehun regards himself as someone who is socially mature, comprehension of ual attraction at age five is seriously pushing it, even for him.

He makes an effort to recall the time that he broke Kyungsoo’s spectacles on the first day of high school. He was most definitely not attracted to the boy back then, so what’s changed? When did he become so handsome and why can’t Sehun stop wanting to squish his lips together with his own? Kyungsoo is the complete opposite of Sehun’s ideal type, he likes his guys tall and broad - everything that the elder is not. He’s still too short and too skinny, Kyungsoo’s shoulders are non existent and Sehun thinks that the boy’s waist is the size of the span of his palms.

Sehun scrolls through his photo gallery on his phone and studies the selcas he’s taken with Kyungsoo over the years. Every single photo pictures the elder boy wearing his glasses and despite the fact that Sehun has seen these pictures on many occasions, this time is different. In the past, these images would’ve evoked nothing from the younger boy, just a platonic affection one would usually feel towards their best friend. However, upon seeing the snapshots now, Sehun is unable to deny his ual attraction for Kyungsoo.

He thought that it might have just been a weird temporary phase, like a shock to the system of some kind, due to the unfamiliarity of an obstructed view of Kyungsoo’s face. The feelings he’s experiencing right now tell him otherwise. He might actually like the elder male, in the romantic feel-the-weight-of-my-body-on-top-of-you sense.

The taller boy is supposed to be writing an essay that’s due the following day and yet he can’t seem to pry the cellphone from his hand and direct his attention back to his laptop screen.

Seriously, Oh Sehun, write this damned essay. ‘Do Kyungsoo is both handsome and cute. Discuss.’ No wait, that’s not my paper topic, stop thinking about Soo hyung! Don’t do it. Don’t think about his plump lips that are just so alluring and how it’ll feel to kiss them. Don’t think about the contrasting milky skin against the black clothes he’s always wearing. And definitely don’t think about his thighs in those tight skinny jeans he was wearing and how you could almost make out the outline of his–

“Hey Sehun-ah.” Kyungsoo pops his head between the gap of Sehun’s bedroom door that's left slightly ajar. The sudden intrusion startles Sehun and he almost falls out of his chair. “Oh, sorry! Didn’t mean to scare you there, I was just wondering if you wanted some hot cocoa seeing as I’m about to make one for myself.”

“Ah, no. None for me, you know how I’m always out for the count after one of your hot cocoas. I can’t afford to sleep right now, I have this paper due tomorrow so I might need to pull an all nighter,” Sehun pouts at his housemate, trying to win sympathy. When Kyungsoo breaches into his bedroom, the broader male knows that he’s managed to.

Kyungsoo the top of Sehun’s head, “Aww, my poor Sehun-ah. Do you want me to make you a nice hot cup of coffee instead, then? Hopefully it’ll boost your energy?”

Sehun nods as he leans into Kyungsoo’s warm body, “That would be great, Soo hyung.” Kyungsoo beams his heart shaped smile and Sehun could’ve sworn there were fireworks setting off somewhere in the room, or perhaps in his heart.

Kyungsoo sets off to make their hot drinks but just as he’s about to leave the room, he turns to younger boy with his hands balled into fists, shaking them in the air as a gesture of encouragement accompanied with an affirmative ‘Hwaiting~’. At that moment, Sehun knows that whatever it is he’s feeling for the other, it’s not platonic.

He turns his head back to the computer screen and attempts to disperse the thoughts of standing behind Kyungsoo, resting his chin on the other’s shoulders as he helps the elder make the hot cocoa and coffee – wait a second – coffee! Sehun has hidden the other boy’s broken glasses in the coffee jar and he’s going to discover it when he opens the lid and crap… Sehun is well and truly screwed (and not in the good kinda way).

Sehun rushes to the kitchen, “Hyung! I’ve changed my mind, I don’t want a cup of–” He closes his mouth when he observes Kyungsoo’s killer stare. Man, if looks could kill, Sehun would be six feet under.

“What is this?” Kyungsoo is holding the broken pieces of what used to be his beloved glasses in his hands. Sehun avoids the other’s gaze for fear that he might turn into stone should he lock eyes with the other. “Oh Sehun. What. Is. This?” the shorter boy repeats.

Sehun cowers away meekly, “It’syourglasseshyung.” The boy responds with such haste that his words merged together and it would be impressive if Kyungsoo manages to comprehend the younger male’s incoherent babble.

“Why were my glasses in the coffee jar and why are they broken?!” Kyungsoo has always been nothing short of amazing. The older boy glares at Sehun for an explanation, an account of what happened, but the boy cannot offer him one so instead he goes for a yelp and a run for cover. “Don’t you dare run away from me, Oh Sehun!” Kyungsoo hollers as he chases after the boy in hot pursuit.

Sehun knows there’s no way he can escape Kyungsoo’s wrath so his best option is to apologize and repent and maybe, just maybe, the older boy might go easy on him. “I’m sorry, hyung! It was an accident! I swear on my Nintendo Gamecube!” He drops to his knees raising both his hands, rubbing his palms together to demonstrate how remorseful he feels about the damage he's caused.

Kyungsoo yanks Sehun off the ground by the ear and back into the kitchen. “Make me some hot cocoa.” He leaves the boy to it and Sehun obeys with no objections. The tall male fills the kettle with water and waits for it to boil, glancing at the other boy in the meantime, trying to gauge Kyungsoo’s anger level. He pours the scalding hot water into his best friend’s favourite Pororo mug and stirs in the hot cocoa powder until it dissolves.

He shuffles over to his hyung and presents the cup with both hands and a bowed head, “Here you go, Soo hyung.” The smaller boy reaches for the mug without so much as a thank you and takes a sip. He scrunches his face and shoves it back into the other boy’s mitts, “You used hot water, I wanted it made with milk. Make it again.”

Sehun bites on his lower lip, Kyungsoo was fully aware that Sehun had used water and not milk, he’s also never this rude but Sehun knows it’s with good reason. “Yes, hyung,” he complies and repeats the same process but with milk this time, exactly how Kyungsoo had requested.

The elder boy raises the mug to his lips but before he drinks from it, he holds it out to Sehun. The younger male isn’t quite sure what the boy wants so he assumes that it isn’t to the older boy’s liking. Sehun tries to takes the mug from the other male to make him another one, only Kyungsoo doesn’t let go of the cup. “It’s hot, blow on it.” Sehun nods in understanding without protesting and lowers his head to blow on the cup of cocoa but before he can cool down the beverage, the mug is pulled away from his face. “Oh my God, you were actually going to do it!”

“Well… yeah.” Sehun replies as he scratches the back of his head, “I mean, I know you’re really mad about the whole broken glasses incident and I just want to prove to you how sorry I am?”

Kyungsoo sets down the hot drink and pats the couch, beckoning Sehun to sit beside him. “I think your willingness to practically turn into my slave is enough for me to acknowledge your penitence. I accept your apology.”

“R-Really?” Sehun stammers incredulously. He does not expect the other boy to be so compassionate and lenient.

“No! Of course not! You broke my glasses! And what’s worse, you hid it from me! I’m outraged!” Kyungsoo slaps the back of Sehun’s head and stomps off, slamming his bedroom door for extra measure.

Sehun is aware that he’s got to make it up the older boy but for now, he needs to give Kyungsoo some space to cool down unless he wants to experience a karate chop to his windpipe, which he does not. Yup, he’s going to steer well clear of Kyungsoo for the time being and endeavors to utilize his charming aegyo skills to quell the other’s burning rage.

Replacing the glasses would probably be the easiest and quickest path to Kyungsoo’s forgiveness but that would also mean that Sehun would no longer be able to appreciate his face and he isn’t ready to give that up, not quite yet. Adorable cute buing buing for the win.








Sehun
Hyuuung.. Are you still mad?

Soo hyung
About what exactly? Be more specific.

Sehun
About your glasses

Soo hyung
I know it was an accident, Sehun.

Sehun
I’m glad because it really really reeeheeeeeeeeeaally was

Soo hyung
But you hiding them wasn’t, that was a conscious decision that you made to conceal the fact that you broke them.

Sehun
I’m sorry.. I just didn’t know how to tell you

Soo hyung
I’m not that unreasonable, am I? I would’ve understood.

Sehun
(Not before doing your Naruto ninjitsu on me)

Soo hyung
My what?

Sehun
Don’t pretend like you have no idea what I’m talking about

Soo hyung
I’m not pretending to do anything.

Sehun
You like to bully me, don’t you?

Soo hyung
No, I would like to spend my days not blinking a million times a minute though.

Sehun
Are your contacts really that bad?

Soo hyung
YES. They feel like burning flames, torturing my eyes. Can you hear it, Sehun?

Sehun
Hear what?

Soo hyung
My eyes crying out in pain?

Sehun
You’re being so melodramatic

Soo hyung
THEY BURN, SEHUN, THEY BURN.

Sehun
Aww..

Soo hyung
Don’t ‘aww’ me. Just get me my goddamn glasses!

Sehun
Alright, alright.. Find your chill, hyung

Soo hyung
Don’t you even. And when are you going to replace them exactly? Be more specific.

Sehun
This week. I’ll get you new glasses this week

Soo hyung
You’d better.

Sehun
I will

Soo hyung
Good. Thanks.

Sehun
You’re welcome ^^